Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202565 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord El Melloi II Case Files

マリーの味方
    Finally got around to trying this out - it's pretty entertaining. Thank you very much for the translation.

Heine was pretty cool, shame about what happened. Would have liked to see more interaction between him and Seigen.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have been slacking at working on this in my free time because I've been working on it while at work instead...

Unfortunately, work is likely to pick up soon so I won't have that freedom for much longer. Guess I'll have to go back to my regularly scheduled work ethic

Chapter 4 Part 3

Chapter 4

Part 3

My master and I immediately hurried to Luvia's room. At first glance, her room seemed to have been scrubbed clean of the presence of angels. It had been so well done that it felt like we had actually left the Castle of Separation.

Immediately upon entering, I blinked in surprise.

"Rosalind, Seigen."

Because the two who had just barely left our company were already here.

"Ah, one of the butlers called us," Rosalind spoke, glancing towards Luvia standing in the center of the room.

Luvia's hair in ringlets looked as if it was spun gold. The deepness of her jewel-like eyes watching us reinforced the mystique of her character. Standing beside her was her Mohican butler, Clown.

"Lord El-Melloi II. I thought you would show up sooner or later."

"And what exactly are you planning here?"

"I have decided to put an end to this farce. I've also called Mr. Orlocke here. Do you mind if I close the door on this incident now?" Her smile was backed by a peerless self-confidence.

According to my master, the Edelfelts didn't gain the title of Hyenas just for collecting dead bodies. They also tended to hover around conflicts to which they had no claim, swooping in and taking the choice bits for themselves when the opportunity arose.

In short, they were naturally adept at sniffing down the best fruit. Not through logic, but through some deeper sense.

"Put an end to it? There's no way you can-"

"Oh, but I can!" Luvia interrupted, cleanly denying my master's words. "I decided to sit back and just watch before, but that has ended in nothing but useless death."

My master stiffened at the thinly veiled jab. Both he and I were painfully aware that those most hurt and angered by Hishiri and Heine's deaths were in the room with us right now.

"Both of them were people our world could not afford to do without. The path of magecraft they pursued may have differed from ours, but a single drop of a magi's blood is as a single tiny jewel. On top of that, a magus of their level is a treasure that cannot be equalled by any earthly hoard. Even if stagnation and stability are the karmic destinies of our world, they were those who would have served as the foundation for overcoming that destiny and reaching beyond it. Am I mistaken?"

Her harsh words and tone coming from such a delicate-seeming body hit us like a slap in the face.

This girl was, beyond a doubt, nobility. Even while solemnly watching the countlessly occurring comedies and tragedies that filled the world, she was never satisfied, still rebelling like a warrior valiantly waving the flag of resistance.

I had heard from my master that, in the past, magi had been kings.

The land itself was important for magecraft, so it was common sense for magi, kings, and other kinds of nobility to attempt to acquire land for themselves. Now, with those sacred grounds held in the iron grip of the Magic Association and other similar organizations, nobility among magi had declined to simply old names carrying on old traditions. Even so, this girl alone demonstrated those virtues of old.

It was faint, but seeing it caused a small pain to well up in my chest.

She was completely ensnared by the past too, so why was she able to march forward so boldly?

Dry laughter rang out from the back of the room. It seemed like Orlocke had finally arrived.

It looked like her anger - and indeed the ritual she had prepared - were endlessly interesting for him.

"Why don't we let her give it a shot? Whether she succeeds or fails, it will still end up as a clue for us, no?"

My master's silence was short. Adjusting his cigar with a finger, he raised his head and spoke.

"And how are you going to do it?"

"Flue and I found a hidden room."

"A hidden room?" My master's brow furrowed at the claim.

"Yes. Thanks to that, we were able to find the foundational formula the entire Castle of Separation was built on. Though confirming the contents and building our own answer to it took a considerable amount of time."

"'Build' an answer?"

With a gentle smile, she opened her hand, revealing a single jewel.

"All the rooms, all the hallways...all the Magic Circuits running through the Castle are now buried in this jewel. It took me almost half a day to finish."

My master's eyes went wide at the realization of what that meant.

"Wait, you don't mean..."

"Precisely." Luvia's face bloomed into a sweet smile. "I've decided to take the Workshop that is the Castle of Separation for myself."

Just hearing her say it aloud left me speechless.

She was like a parasite.

Or maybe closer to the computer viruses I had heard about since coming to London.

Even I, who knew next to nothing about magecraft, could instinctively feel the dreadfulness of those words. A Workshop was something a magus created after years, decades, generations of labour. If a Magic Crest was an artificial organ, then a Workshop was like an artificial world.

It was a method of pure brute force. While my master attempted to break everything down and solve every mystery of the Castle, even if it was as a magus, Luvia had taken on the entire Castle at once in half a day.

It was like Don Quixote, taking up arms against a windmill.

No, in this case the old knight's delusion would have been real. He would be fighting a giant with naught but a sword.

"Once I do this, revealing the culprit, or the curse, or whatever, will be as nothing with my jewels. Is there any simpler method than this?"

"You should know how high of a level this Workshop is. Even if you are an Edelfelt,"

"No."

For the briefest instant, a look of faint fear passed over her features. The instant passed, and all that was left was the burning gaze of a challenger facing down her greatest opponent.

"Behold the skill of the Edelfelt family."

"Luviagelita-"

Before he could stop her, she raised her right hand to her side.

"
    Awaken
    Call
    ."

Her beautiful lips whispered.

The sapphire at the tips of her fingers, held like a knight's salute, began to glow, causing the other jewels to glow along with it. While it gave the impression of lighting the fuse of a bomb, it reminded me of the inside of one of the Royal British Museum's Cabinets of Curiosity as the brilliant, multi-coloured light filled the space around her.

It was a magic circle made of jewels.

As if the activated spell was serving double duty as a barrier of some sort, my master's extended hand was blown back with a noise like a thunderclap.

Smiling in satisfaction, Luvia whispered again.

"
    Awaken
    Call
    ."

The first step was the area around Luvia herself.

The magic circle slowly began to rotate.

The magical energy took the form of a spiral as it span.

From a combination of my master's explanation after the fact and my own intuitions, it seemed like what Luvia was trying to do was like a puzzle. For example, when given the equation '3+4=5' laid out in matches, and you have to make the equation correct by moving only a single match.

It was taking the original foundational formula underlying the Castle of Separation and, using jewels and her own magical energy, making the smallest possible change that would change the entire formula.

Of course, the scope and complexity of the task weren't even comparable to that of the match puzzle.

The scope was the entire Castle of Separation, and the magic circles had to be precise enough that not even an ant could slip through unnoticed.

No matter how many jewels she used as boosters, it was like trying to use a fire hose to make a sculpture a few dozen feet in front of you.

But,

"Call. Connect Green 7 to Red 8. Excite Red 10, and circulate to Blue 4. Blue 6, connect with Blue 7, 9, 11, and Red 5, 6, 25 connect with Green and Red 11. Thou shalt be my guide."

The incantation continued.

The second step was the entire room.

The spiraling magical energy raised its head as if it were a snake.

The jewels already embedded throughout the castle began to respond, and the magical energy suffusing the area began to whirl as if in a dance. Following the movements of the magical energy in the air, the entire Castle began to vibrate, growing to an easily recognizable trembling.

My master looked up at the ceiling.

"...the whole Castle?"

"Whoa whoa, don't tell me you're actually going to pull it off?" Even Flue, who had supposedly helped her, gave a whistle in disbelief.

Even to these men, who had already seen countless Mysteries, this was a scene that was hard to accept. Luviagelita Edelfelt's magecraft was reaching for that impossible place that could only be described in the terms of 'genius.'

Would she make it?

Orlocke, meanwhile, narrowed his eyes without a word.

"
    Awaken, grace!
    Call grace!
    "

The third step immediately expanded to cover the entire castle.

Each glowing light expanded to connect to another, and the lights formed themselves into magic circles. Each of these circles continued to expand further, connecting with other circles, growing into ever larger, more complex forms. Without damaging the magic circles that were already present, she was trying to rewrite them with new meanings.

Every time one was completed, the jewels around Luvia gained a rainbow-coloured light. Already, over eighty percent of them had changed colour, and when they had all finished changing, it would likely signify complete control of the Castle falling into Luvia's hands.

As if the Castle of Separation was accepting its new master, an enormous magic circle span down into the room, approaching Luvia. Even I, who wasn't a magus, could feel the flood of magical energy inundate the room on my skin.

"It is done!" Luvia's eyes sparkled with the thrill of victory.

My master, however, groaned with a very different emotion.

"No...this isn't the kind of reaction you should be getting..."

A single large tremor shook the castle.

At the same time, Luvia's body began to sway and collapse. It wasn't just her, either. Flue, Clown, and even Seigen crouched to the floor, as if trying to restrain their own bodies.

"Orlocke!"

Even the old magus was no exception. With a grunt of surprise, he was torn from his wheelchair and thrown to the ground.

No...

...even I was the same.

Overcome by an illusionary pain in my right hand as if it had been set on fire, it was like every nerve in my body had turned against me. Those nerves which had kept me alive my whole live were cut off from my body, and before I could even think of resisting, my vision rapidly began to dim.

"Gray!"

Even those words seemed to be coming from painfully far away.

Immediately to Luvia's side, a deep darkness welled up in the air. As if to devour the girl who had fainted, the darkness opened its jaws.

"Dammit...!"

The last thing I saw was my master's hand reaching for the breast pocket in his jacket.

And after that, my consciousness snapped off, as my master, Luvia, and I were all were all pulled in to that darkness.
    Last edited by TwilightsCall; April 22nd, 2016 at 02:57 AM.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    Really Good Stuff
    Thanks for the translations.

Welp, No wonder Rin is angry at her.

She's essentially hogging the glory for herself. O.O

And there goes the consequences of that pride sinking in deep, once again.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Thanks for the translation

Things are getting exciting now, that cliffhanger

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Thank you for the translation as well. That seems like a pretty impressive display of magic, I really wonder if Rin is Luvia's equal when it comes to magic. It didn't work of course, but I don't recall Rin ever doing anything that intricate.

Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Thank you for the translation as well. That seems like a pretty impressive display of magic, I really wonder if Rin is Luvia's equal when it comes to magic. It didn't work of course, but I don't recall Rin ever doing anything that intricate.
    Well, to be fair, this takes place a good while after Fate/Stay Night happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desuclocker View Post
    Wow you're gonna be so surprised when you get to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    this girl alone demonstrated those virtues of old.
    wew

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desuclocker View Post
    Did you miss the part at the beginning where they talked about how the grail war still has slots open?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In theory Rin "can" do this.
    Whether or not she has the know how though eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Yeah, I know Rin has the potential for it, but I got the impression they were more evenly matched in terms of current skil. It definitely solidifies my liking of Luvia.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I know Rin has the potential for it, but I got the impression they were more evenly matched in terms of current skil. It definitely solidifies my liking of Luvia.
    one was trained by le no one + kotomine.
    one was actually trained.
    It should be pretty obvious who is "better."

However what Luvia is doing is just an application of this
    "As an exception, I can store my magical energy in other objects.
    No, not only my magical energy, but I can also store other's magical energy. And although it'll be difficult, I can store things other than magical energy as well."
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Sure, but it's on a very large scale. It at least feels more impressive. It's the kind of thing I loved about Rental Magica, so it's nice to see that bleed into here too.

I don't really see that as a Rin thing given it wasn't a solo effort. Not saying she can't do that eventually but I'm talking about things I've seen both do on their own. But different things appeal to people for different reasons.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sure, but it's on a very large scale. It at least feels more impressive. It's the kind of thing I loved about Rental Magica, so it's nice to see that bleed into here too.
    Well yes, we've never seen Rin do something like this and that's why it's impressive.
    But it's not because Luvia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rin.

It's like Rin has a higher level cap than Luvia, but Luvia was training on lv 20 werewolves while Rin was stuck training off of lv 1 goblins with a permanent 2x exp coupon.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If nothing else, Rin probably doesn't have enough gems to pull it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    If nothing else, Rin probably doesn't have enough gems to pull it off.
    More like she doesn't have the money to get enough gems to pull it off. In terms of pure resources, Luvia will always have the upper hand against Rin, if nothing else.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Well yes, we've never seen Rin do something like this and that's why it's impressive.
    But it's not because Luvia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rin.

It's like Rin has a higher level cap than Luvia, but Luvia was training on lv 20 werewolves while Rin was stuck training off of lv 1 goblins with a permanent 2x exp coupon.
    That actually does make it sound like Luvia is better than Rin currently, which isn't quite what I said, so it's kind of odd you'd make that comparison. My comment definitely wasn't about overall potential, though I'm not sure if much has been said about Luvia in regards to that anyways.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    so it's kind of odd you'd make that comparison.
    I would have used a WoW comparison but I don't play WoW.