Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord El Melloi II Case Files

Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    It's still Fate and therefore cursed, or smth
    I think Case Files is more a equal mix of everything TM than just mostly fate.
    And Case Files is more in the vein of what I want from TM, I hope they make more stuff like it.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    You guys just reinforce my point. That's not "lore for the sake of lore" that's learning about the setting details to further appreciate the product.
    The issue I had was

Having zero interest in the product (fgo as a whole, story, gameplay, aesthetic) and only caring about the worldbuilding (lore) present in the product is akin to watching this entire video

when you have not played God of War at all and then going on a forum and being like
    "oh wow so like Autreus is Loki's brother? Both their mothers name is Laufey"
    Personally, I do care about FGO's story, but I'd rather not play the game. It's just a matter of investing my time and not getting sucked into a money trap. I've already been there with Fire Emblem Heroes, and that's the NICE mobage compared to FGO, so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Personally, I do care about FGO's story, but I'd rather not play the game. It's just a matter of investing my time and not getting sucked into a money trap. I've already been there with Fire Emblem Heroes, and that's the NICE mobage compared to FGO, so yeah...
    There's a let's play of it on youtube right now if you just want the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative Ice View Post
    There's a let's play of it on youtube right now if you just want the story.
    Sounds good to me.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you claim you love lore but doesnt even deigm yourselves to learn jp and swim through GO can you still say you love lore smh
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I feel like I accidentally caused this thread to derail, and for that I'd like to apologise

No need. This thread would have been empty and boring without your starting of a shipping discussion which later led to where we are now. So in fact, we should thank you for keeping this thread alive.

Is an active but off-topic thread really better than a "dead" one, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Is an active but off-topic thread really better than a "dead" one, though?
    Yes, especially because this particular tangent did start as on-topic and because if we restricted it to on-topic posts, then this thread would be dead for months at a time, and that's boring.

US Friend Code
    He finally did it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    He finally did it.

He finally did it! I'm happy for him!! I wonder if this is a good omen ��

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    You guys just reinforce my point. That's not "lore for the sake of lore" that's learning about the setting details to further appreciate the product.

when you have not played God of War at all and then going on a forum and being like
    "oh wow so like Autreus is Loki's brother? Both their mothers name is Laufey"
    Okay, maybe it's not your intention, but now I feel like you're just being difficult. I did indeed say that I love it when creative media that takes place in fictional settings and such, cleverly use lore from real life history, or from real life mythologies, but that doesn't mean that it's just because that helps me appreciate the (in this case) game more, I would have appreciated that kind of lore anyway, as it's based on real life mythological lore, and it's interesting. So I'm both learning interesting mythological lore that I didn't know (in God of War's case the game actually made me so fascinated and interested that I ended up spending hours online on wikis and such, reading about Norse lore and mythology, as a result), and I'm appreciating the world in the game more. And I did indeed say that if a work of any kind has lore in it, then it helps me to understand that work better if I know that lore, and that I find lore from the collective universes of books, mangas, anime series or games that I enjoy, to be super duper fascinating and interesting, but I also said that I just find lore in general, whether real life lore from history and ancient civilizations, or from old mythologies, to be super duper fascinating as well. It's both. They're not mutually exclusive. Like I said, I just love lore.

To put this in a practical example: Norse lore and mythology has always fascinated me, and I have read about various tidbits from it here and there long before playing God of War. Then when I played the game, the use of said lore and mythology in it made me appreciate it even more, but it also made me even more curious, so I ended up spending a lot of time online reading about stuff from the real life lore and mythology it's based on. That in turn made me appreciate the game even more of course, but it also meant I learned a lot of fascinating and interesting stuff that I would have appreciated anyway, regardless of whether I had played the game or not. Not least of all because there are, obviously, many differences between what the actual mythology says, and how it is implemented in the game.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    No need. This thread would have been empty and boring without your starting of a shipping discussion which later led to where we are now. So in fact, we should thank you for keeping this thread alive.
    I honestly think that a thread that's moving slowly but with actual relevant discussions would have been much better than an off-topic thread with discussions that is only of interest to a few people. If you like very active threads with tons of notifications and people going off-topic all the time, I don't think this place is very suitable at all for you.

To be fair, this started on topic and has remained tangentially on topic, even if it isn't about the Case Files plot as has currently been translated on this thread.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and this thread so I don't really know the etiquette here. I've read everything that was translated so far and was wondering if the translation is still being done due to the time that has passed since it was last updated. Sorry if I'm just bothering a dead thread.

US Friend Code
    Hello welcome to the forum, yes the translation should still be happening but right now it just depends on when the translator has any time to spare.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

The wait for translations when 7 novels are out now makes me so frustrated how I don't know enough Japanese to read the raw version.

US Friend Code
    Such is the truth of fan translations, unfortunately. This isn't people's job so they aren't, and shouldn't be, obligated to do it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Such is the truth of fan translations, unfortunately. This isn't people's job so they aren't, and shouldn't be, obligated to do it quickly.
    Well that said let's hope it's not too long because right now the manga is on pace to pass the current state novel tl sometime next summer....