Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 303538394041424550 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord El Melloi II Case Files

US Friend Code
    Thanks for the update!

Trimmau being able to shapeshift into objects is indeed very convenient, but I would be hesitant at least slightly to drink some tea from her considering that she is made of mercury. I find it cool that the information regarding curses and magecraft taking advantage of the mind can be explained by established scientific concepts, showing that magecraft and science are not completely distinct from one another in the type moon works.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chapter 3 Part 4

Chapter 3

Part 4

Immediately, we made our way back to the Tower of the Moon.

Without entering the building, we made careful observations of the ground around the tower. Careful not to disturb the plant life ourselves, we looked for signs of those who had been less cautious in their walking.

And finally,

"Bingo," I muttered to myself.

On the ground, clear enough that even I could pick it up, were the unmistakable shapes of footprints. Since we were well out of the city, it was particularly unlikely that much of anyone would stick to the beaten paths. As such, it should have been possible to look for and follow the footprints left behind after the Assembly had concluded - that was the thought Gray's words had sparked in my head.

"Trim, can you follow these?"

"Understood."

At once, Trimmau laid a hand on one of the footprints. After a few seconds, she spoke again in confirmation.

"Footprints of ten individual persons detected. Among them, the Princess of Gold's can be distinguished."

"Good!"

Without thinking, I pumped my fist in celebration. While perhaps a little shameful, I'll have to ask you to forgive me. Despite the deadlock we had found ourselves in, there was finally a spark of hope.

"Please follow it."

"Understood." With a hand still on the footprint, the Mercury Maid melted from the hands and flowed downward onto the ground.

This kind of statistical analysis and pattern recognition was exactly where Trimmau was strongest. While following footprints was a sort of old fashioned method of investigation, the fact I had so cleanly overlooked it meant it might have been a blind spot for the culprit as well. For magi that were often wrapped up in more supernatural matters, the very concept of examining the ground they had been walking on was, plainly put, outside their field of view.

"Gray, come with me."

Having returned to its original shape as Volumen Hydrargyrum, Gray and I had to start running to pursue Trimmau as she slipped through the thick foliage.

Unfortunately, Trimmau and myself had not reached the point of having linked senses. That was of course because there was no bond of familiar and master between us. After all, Volumen Hydrargyrum was a Mystic Code rare enough even in the history of the Clock Tower. All I had accomplished was adding a personality and a human-like form on top of the foundation that was already there.

As such, there was nothing for us to do but follow after her. That being said, I wasn't really equipped for a trek through the forest. Shrubs and branches were constantly getting caught in my dress, so the independently acting Trimmau was easily able to outpace us through the greenery.

The scent of damp earth reached my nose.

In the depths of the forest, beyond where people went, there were all sorts of smells.

The smothering greenery. The rotting leaves and broken branches on the forest floor, mixed with the leavings of numerous nameless animals. From the start, the kind of forest that a magus might like was one rich with spiritual energy, home to numerous poisonous herbs and beasts of prey.

One could even say the Mystery of these untouched forests, and the slow process of taming those wilds, was the history of the West from the far past up until the Middle Ages. It was no wonder so many legends of old witches began in the depths of the forest.

As we doggedly pursued Trimmau through the forest, the air began to fill with white.

(...fog?)

Of course, the fact that we were close to a lake meant fog wasn't that uncommon. Even when we had first arrived we had been greeted by fog. The fact that for the majority of the year fog blanketed the countryside here was no doubt the reason why it overflowed with romantic legends of all sorts.

Even so, my heart began to race.

An incredibly unpleasant feeling. A baseless fear, like a child wary of the darkness of a back alley. Who was it that said such an intuition was rare among magi?

"Eh?"

Suddenly, I lost sight of the form of Trimmau ahead of us.

More than that, I felt the flow of mana between us get cut completely.

"...a Boundary Field?"

Similar to the one Mick had placed earlier - but this was on a much larger scale.

In an effort to determine the nature of the Bounded Field, I began to focus on my now overheating eyes. As I did so, the bizarreness of the situation took a completely different form.

Among the sound of loudly rustling leaves, a blade leapt through the air.

"...Miss, Reines-!"

Behind me, I heard a scream.

A solid sound rang out from above my head.

The shadow above my head where the sound originated split into two, one of which becoming the hooded form of a young girl.

"Gray...!"

In the girl's hands was a scythe.

Who would have thought that Add could transform into such a shape? At that girl's command, the foul-mouthed little square could transform into a tool for exterminating the supernatural.

In that case, what was it that had met that scythe in the air?

An ominous shape was wavering in the fog before Gray.

"Hahahahahaha! What even is that?! What an energetic guy you've run into this time! Hanging around with you guys is never boring, you know that?" Even Add's cheerful voice echoed hollow within the fog.

On the ends of the enemy's bizarrely long arms were not hands with fingers, but instead blades.

Its legs were at such an angle that they looked as if the joints were backwards, and and as such its upper body was huddled close to the ground.

It was...some sort of strange puppet.

"What is...?" Gray's eyes opened wide.

"An automous puppet?!" Even my voice suddenly leaked out.

Weren't Automata capable of fighting independantly already a lost art? Cases like Trimmau, where the core was really something entirely different were one thing, but the Concept of Homunculus creation was steeply in decline. As knowledge of the human body deepened and spread throughout humanity, from the point humanity accepted that there were no Mysteries to be found within their own bodies, it had lost the grounds to be a field of Magecraft.

No, even if we accepted my brother's theory that the human body still was as a black box, and the Mystery within it was not yet entirely erased, the fact that modern magi in the field couldn't compare to even antiques from hundreds of years ago was an undeniable fact.

In that case, this was-

(Antiques? No, it looks far too new for that...)

As I assessed the situation, I felt my back teeth grinding.

Without Trimmau, most of my combat magecraft was gone. My magecraft was more geared towards laboratory work.

(Dammit, this is why I had asked my brother if my balance of classes was good!)

Whether it was best to allot my classes in a way to learn the secrets of the El-Melloi family first or not, he had stubbornly refused to tell me. Of course, I was doing it mostly to dig at his sense of inferiority towards his predecessor, but he still was dragging it out for too long!

"...Miss Reines, please step back!" Gray said as she leapt forward.

Despite how difficult it must have been to swing that large scythe about in the crowded terrain of the forest, her small frame was able to bring it around swiftly. As if to lend credence to the claim she had trained with it since she was but a little girl, the girl and scythe moved together like clockwork.

Three times the girl's scythe and the puppet's blades met.

The scythe's arcing swings met the Automata's straight slashes with an incredible speed. In contrast to the majority of magi, it was not a simple strengthening of the body, but its marriage to precise technique that made up Gray's terrifying combat ability.

(...but...)

Gray's specialty was combat against spirits.

Her fear of ghosts and her incredible abilities were both born of her time at one of the foremost graveyards of the British Empire.

Even in the Castle of Separation, against a number of spirits sufficient to be called an army, she wasn't driven back a single step. In a way, those same skills should have been applicable to a fight against another magus, but against an Automata one had to wonder how much of her strength could be brought to bear.

Without a word, the Automata sank closer to the ground.

Had Gray realized that this wasn't an opponent she could defeat without serious effort? If so, it wasn't beyond reason that she was considering one further transformation.

The Automata's limbs opened, showing yet more blades.

More than just two arms and legs.

Even its expertly crafted face opened to reveal yet more eyes.

"Wha-!"

The idea of a three-faced six-elbowed man was, more practically, the idea of a divinity that could see all things and reach all things. Was that the goal of this Automata's creator, to recreate that image? If that was the case, it seemed less like a nod to orientalism and more like something far more modern.

The puppet jumped.

It could no longer be said to have the shape of a person. Like some sort of spider, or praying mantis, its six blades reached out to meet the scythe.

Three times.

Eight times.

-in one breath, seventeen times.

The increased field of view and number of arms gave the Automata a distinct advantage, and this time Gray was beginning to lose ground. While one might have praised Gray for managing to hold out against six blades with only one of her own, even I could tell that the girl's movements were starting to fall behind, and that she had switched into a totally defensive stance.

With the intensity of their struggle, even the trees around them were set to trembling, causing leaves to start dancing down around them.

And in short order, those falling leaves were cut to pieces by the same glittering arcs leaving scars in the fog.

"Hey, Gray?!" As Add cried out, a blade crossed her right arm, and blood began to stream down it.

Perhaps because of the sudden pain, Gray flinched back, and in that opening the Automata closed the gap between them. A monster, which could be described as little more than a storm of blades. The eyes on the surface of Gray's scythe turned to glare at the puppet, but as if it was completely unaware, the cold blades continued their spin in a diagonal descent.

But.

A moment before the blades made contact, a light struck the puppet.

The strike broke the puppet's posture for a moment, time enough for Gray to knock it away with a one-handed swing.

"...Miss Reines..."

"I can at least do this much," I replied with a sniff, one arm still pointing towards the puppet.

Though saying that, the magecraft I had used was nothing to be spoken of. It was nothing more than a bundle of magical energy given shape, enough to create a physical impact. If it had got out that a Lord, even one in my circumstances, had relied on such a basic piece of magecraft, the shame would surely never end. For someone like the rumored Luviagelita, it was possible to refine that skill to the point of becoming a widely renowned curse, but as I was now that was beyond possibility.

Taking a few yards of distance, the puppet slowly swung its head side to side. As expected, it was completely uninjured.

As it continued to watch us, as if it was enjoying our fear, Gray whispered.

"...Add."

As she spoke, it felt like a sudden chill descended on us.

Around Gray, something like an invisible whirlpool whipped up as the girl and her scythe began to absorb the latent magical energy in their surroundings. Against spirits that had no physical body, that was enough to deliver a fatal blow. Such was the ability of a Gravekeeper. However, against an enemy like the Automata in front of them, it would do no more than enhance Gray's own abilities.

Even so, she felt it necessary.

The Automata's face curled into a smile.

Three faces laughed as one.

And then ran.

Once again, blades met.

The puppet's blades once again slammed into the girl's scythe. Using the point of contact as a fulcrum, Gray leapt into the air, elegantly somersaulting over the puppet. As she did so, her scythe whirled again in a crescent arc. Though it seemed like nothing more than acrobatic flair at first glance, it was actually a strong counter, combining the strength of her whole body with her downward momentum for one crushing strike.

A sharp, metallic sound rang out as the blade that was meant to receive the strike snapped.

"Ihihihihihihihi! If it's a brute force contest you want, we ain't losing!"

"...once more!"

In timing with Add's shout, Gray brought the scythe around for another strike.

However, this time it was her turn to be stopped dead. The puppet, which was supposed to have been knocked out, instead split apart wide at the mouth - and from within the puppet's gut, a spear-like weapon shot out.

No matter what historical battle you looked at, there was no great warrior you could find that could have answered that sudden surprise attack. So Gray's smooth dodge around it must have been more than just the previous strengthening. Perhaps she had a natural resilience, or perhaps some sort of magical support I was unaware of was at work.

Backflipping away, Gray opened the space between them again with a startled grunt.

The Automata, however, did not pursue. Instead, as she leapt backwards, it leapt as well - up into the trees, landing on a large branch. Faster than I could track with my eyes, it leapt from branch to branch deeper into the fog.

"It ran away?"

"...so it appears," Gray responded in a small voice, returning Add to his original form.

Maybe her timid voice was due to the fact she had let her guard down. Though as far as I was concerned, I was just impressed that we had got through the encounter practically unscathed. More importantly, if I hadn't brought Gray along, then this would have been the end for me in every sense of the word. I took the opportunity to give a small prayer of thanks to my overly cautious, past self.

"So, as for Trim," I wondered. It seemed she had disappeared somewhere. After a moment of thought, I pulled a chain out from my bag. The chain, which had an amethyst set in its end, was a tool used for dousing - searching for things like underground water or ore veins. Thanks to Gray's absorption of the surrounding magical energy earlier, the Boundary Field was beginning to thin. It appeared like I would be able to push through it with the tools I had available.

Fastening the chain around my wrist, I let the amethyst on the end hang directly down.

"Adjust."

The chain immediately began to waver.

Shifting my eyes to look in the direction the chain was moving, I poured more magical energy into my already warm mystic eyes before giving the chain a strong flick.

"
    Thou, betray thy sign!
    Now, show your presence!
    "

The fog shook.

Though it didn't completely clear, it thinned greatly, opening our field of view far enough that we could see the forest ahead of us.

"Let's go!" With that one warning, I took off into the forest.

As expected, we arrived at our objective shortly.

The forest opened up, and we were then standing on the edge of a natural spring.

Within a forest choked with greenery and foliage, this place alone seemed special. Considering the lively gushing of the spring before us, that may have been the case. In both Eastern and Western folklore, springs like this naturally coincided with portals used by spirits to enter our world. In the West especially, the gushing forth of springs was often the work of the gods, and it appeared among the miraculous works of many a saint.

But.

"...Trim?"

Trimmau stood before us, unmoving.

The maid's Mercury skin reflected the autumn sunlight as she quietly stood, staring at the ground by her feet. Was she even seeing anything? As a non-living construct that was just imitating the shape of a human, her eyes didn't actually function as sense organs.

In any case, I needed to restore the mana link between us-

"-----!"

My breathing stopped.

"No...way..."

Gray's moan behind me thawed the tension in the atmosphere.

It was something that shouldn't have been possible. Trimmau's hand was coated with a thick red. But more than the dizzying colour on Trimmau's hand, my attention was rapt on the thing I saw in the spring itself.

That was, more than anything else, a fatal blow.

"...Caleena..."

Or was it Rejina?

Of the twin maids that served the Princesses of Gold and Silver, one was now floating lifeless in the water before us.
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Though saying that, the magecraft I had used was nothing to be spoken of. It was nothing more than a bundle of magical energy given shape, enough to create a physical impact. If it had got out that a Lord, even one in my circumstances, had relied on such a basic piece of magecraft, the shame would surely never end. For someone like the rumored Luviagelita, it was possible to refine that skill to the point of becoming a widely renowned curse, but as I was now that was beyond possibility.
    "It's more diginified to die than rely on something as boorish as self-defence"

mages are idiots

Spoiler:
    The puppet was definitely Touko's work, right? Pretty sure she's the only person capable of making something that elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    "It's more diginified to die than rely on something as boorish as self-defence"mages are idiots
    Spoiler:
    The puppet was definitely Touko's work, right? Pretty sure she's the only person capable of making something that elaborate.
    Spoiler:
    I've only seen Knk, and from what I've seen and understood in that series Touko can only create lifeless puppets. Her puppets wouldn't work unless there's a soul embedded into it. I think that's how puppets work at least. Though if that puppet was really made by her, and that puppets would not work unless something like a soul is connected to it, then someone's clearly helping her with this. I imagine Reines will have the same speculations about that though.
    No matter what historical battle you looked at, there was no great warrior you could find that could have answered that sudden surprise attack. So Gray's smooth dodge around it must have been more than just the previous strengthening. Perhaps she had a natural resilience, or perhaps some sort of magical support I was unaware of was at work.
    I wonder if this has something to do with Gray being familiar to Saber, I mean saber is known for her EX instincts

Her Aoko puppet ran on a perpetual curse engine. And this one seems like a souped-up version of the laughing men.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Spoiler:
    This has Touko written all over it. No one else alive at the time could get anywhere close. Also, Reines performed a Level Zero Gandr?

Also, thanks TwilightsCall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    Spoiler:
    I've only seen Knk, and from what I've seen and understood in that series Touko can only create lifeless puppets. Her puppets wouldn't work unless there's a soul embedded into it. I think that's how puppets work at least. Though if that puppet was really made by her, and that puppets would not work unless something like a soul is connected to it, then someone's clearly helping her with this. I imagine Reines will have the same speculations about that though.
    Kara no Kyoukai is kind of obsolete given what we have seen Touko do in later works.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Never seen her using puppets beside those scary familiars from her suitcase
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Never seen her using puppets beside those scary familiars from her suitcase
    Mahoyo is the place where you see Touko in her full glory.

Spoiler:
    Well, you see a lot of that here too.

US Friend Code
    I've only heard of Aoko being in there but I guess not. Glad to be proven wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    I've only heard of Aoko being in there but I guess not. Glad to be proven wrong!
    Touko is the main villain.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Mahoyo is the place where you see Touko in her full glory.

Spoiler:
    Well, you see a lot of that here too.
    My pc can't play Mahoyo for some reason.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chapter 3 Part 5

Chapter 3

Part 5

"...Miss, Reines."

Stiffly, Trimmau turned towards me.

The red dripping from her mercury skin looked strangely appropriate. Despite the wind and outside air, the thick scent of blood in the air seemed little different from when it was cooped up in the Princess of Gold's room earlier.

"You..."

As I groaned, a new voice called out from behind me.

"Hold on there. I'm gonna have to ask you not to move. In this kind of case, we have to preserve the scene, right? Or is this more like, catching the culprit red-handed?"

That voice was none other than the one who had volunteered to keep an eye on us. Standing ominously amongst the leaves falling in the forest, the old woman in the green dress was staring directly at us.

"Lord Valueleta...why are you here?"

"Same goes for you. I noticed an odd bit of magical energy earlier, you see."

It must have been that barrier. Just as we were trapped within the barrier in the forest, Inorai must have noticed it from the outside. And as we wasted time dealing with the puppet and searching for Trimmau, she had managed to catch up to us.

"...I presume you will be wanting an explanation?"

"Of course. However..."

"...Miss...Reines..." Trimmau began to move on her own. No doubt, she was trying to restore the connection to my magic circuits that sustained her.

"...I can't let that happen." So saying, Lord Valueleta reached for a small bag tied at her hip. Pulling something out, she muttered a short spell before throwing it. The moment the sand reached the ground, the usually formless Trimmau was completely bound up.

(Sandpainting?!)

As if drawing a mandala of sand, the coloured sand she threw faithfully reformed in Trimmau's shape.

This was Lord Valueleta's magecraft.

As the old woman gave a backwards glance to the now bound Trimmau, another presence appeared behind us.

"...Caleena," the remaining of the twin maids moaned.

(...Ahh)

Just as I had first guessed, it was in fact Caleena that had been killed.

As expected, the approaching footsteps in the warm earth contained another pair as well.

"Would you mind explaining this, Princess El-Melloi?" Grinding his walking stick into the ground, Lord Byron spoke out.

The fact that he was here along with the maid at this timing meant he must have noticed the Boundary Field as well. Alternatively he may have come with Lord Valueleta, but the distinction was meaningless at this point.

"As far as I can see, it looks pretty clear that your Mercury Maid killed her, and attempted to dispose of the body in that spring. Is that about right? Were you so intent on stacking up your crimes?"

Honestly.

Considering how impossible this situation looked, I didn't expect the truth to have much persuasive power. Had I been on the other side, I doubt I would have been able to see it any other way either.

"Of course I have something to say for myself, but if you want the full explanation you'll have to release Trimmau."

"Is anyone here stupid enough to give a bomb to the murderer, I wonder?"

Of course, once again I could only admit that was the obvious answer.

We were completely surrounded.

At this point, I couldn't think of anything that might recover our position. It was just too obvious - Trimmau standing out in the open with the blood still on her hands, and me unable to offer any explanation, it was almost too obvious.

Do I bring up the Boundary Field and the Automata?

No, if I couldn't match up my theory with any evidence, I would only be laughed out. After all, the people I had to convince were not neutral police or suspects, but the leaders of a rival faction that would look for any opening to bring me down.

In short, their goal wasn't to find a resolution to this incident. Instead, if they were able to find a convenient enemy to pin the crime on, they were more than happy to take the opportunity to strike out against a hostile faction.

Lord Byron approached another two steps.

"What's wrong, Princess El-Melloi? Have you resigned yourself to your fate?"

"...please, you jest," I tried to answer light-heartedly. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to take.

From my end, it felt like being buried alive in a muddy swamp. No, it was more like I was already buried up to my head, and I was just pretending not to notice, wasn't it?

"Miss Reines..."

While I was at it, I pretended not to hear Gray's voice.

The only option that was left for me was to try and delay my surrender.

It wasn't even like I was trying to buy time for something. I just had that small trace of stubbornness lurking in my gut, urging me not to give in no matter what.

But that was only the faintest trace.

It was like a button, sewn on just slightly wrong.

After all, I was so thoroughly cornered. There weren't even any stupid options left for me to take. It seemed like there was nothing left for me to do but count up my sins before I headed to the other side, and yet...

And yet...

"What on earth are you doing, Lady?"

From the opposite side as Lord Valueleta's group, a tall shadow stretched across the ground.

Without thinking, I span around to look.

In his mouth was a small cigar. Both his long hair and coat were jet black. There was a red scarf wrapped around his shoulders, and his eyebrows pinched together in a miserable expression. What at first glance appeared to be an overbearing arrogance was, I knew, nothing more than a front to hide his overwhelming lack of self confidence. As if what he was missing was so large, he couldn't help but go overboard in decorating himself as a real magus.

That's why he was a figure so blindingly bright to me.

"...Brother..."

"I take my eyes off you for a second, and look what happens. Can't you rein your recklessness in at least a little bit?"

Without a word inquiring as to my well-being, he just threw his usual lines with a miserable expression like he always did.

...and just like that, my will to fight returned.

"No matter how you look at it, aren't you a little early? Don't tell me you've gone crazy over your adorable little sister or something?"

"M-master?" Gray blinked dumbly, totally stunned by her teacher's sudden appearance.

Before eating, I said I had taken out some insurance.

Just in case, once I had heard the Princess of Gold's plea for asylum, I had made a phone call. Being within a historied Workshop, any magical means of communication were naturally cut off. Fortunately, for the same reason, there was little risk of any interference with more modern solutions, and in that regard the Iselma did not disappoint.

Though to be honest, I hadn't really expected him to come here personally by the afternoon of the very next day.

"You think I'd put someone else through dealing with your problems? I had Shardan take care of the classroom for me."

Shardan was a veteran professor of the El-Melloi classroom. Convinced by my brother back when he had been only a third grade lecturer himself, pulling him out of retirement must have been no small task at his age.

As if ignoring the dreadful situation that was occurring around us, he scowled in his usual way as he complained.

"I got on the West Coast Line, which took me to at least Windermere Station. Of course, thanks to there being a Boundary Field set up here, I couldn't rely on local people to get me any farther, so I had to do the rest of the walking myself. Do you have any idea how dirty my boots have gotten because of this?"

"It's not like anyone but Gray takes care of them anyways."

"Can you please reflect a little bit on the problems you're causing other people?"

I wasn't all that interested in how much he had hurried to get here. Nor was I about to thank him for getting his new boots all dirty for me. With the body of the maid still floating in the water, and Trimmau still frozen stiff with blood on her hands, even the fact that he didn't doubt us even slightly couldn't move me.

And so.

Without changing his expression in the slightest - the one bit of acting my brother was good at - he turned to face the woman who held the most authority in this situation.

"I'll take care of things from here. No objections I presume, Lord Valueleta?"

"Oh, you're going to say that to me, are you?" Inorai replied, a faint smile betraying her humour.

"I will. While practical ability may be another issue, as Lords we are on equal footing."

Did he think he was hiding the way his legs were slightly trembling? Where did he think he got the right to face off directly with Valueleta, one of the Three Great Families even among the Lords of the Clock Tower? It was an undeniably foolish thing to do. They were on such different levels, I'd place better odds on an ant facing off against an elephant.

But, after all, I left the El-Melloi name to him because he was like that in the first place.

"Shall I repeat it for you?" My brother spoke, not backing down a single step.

Clicking his heels, he waved a gloved hand in front of his face as if to clear the air, before declaring.

"As Lord El-Melloi II, I shall take over the investigation of this case."
    Last edited by TwilightsCall; April 23rd, 2019 at 09:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    Windamia Station
    Windermere
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I figured it would be something like that. Not sure why I didn't look it up.

Anyways, it's fixed now.

And Waver manages to bluff his way to victory. Oh, Jotaro Kujo would be proud.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    That's why he was a figure so blindingly bright to me.
    Never expected Reines to go moe-moe-kyun for Waver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Never expected Reines to go moe-moe-kyun for Waver.
    Agreed, but it was nice seeing the habitual bitch admit to genuinely admiring/liking someone for non-schadenfraude reasons.

Blog Entries
    What, because he can help pull her ass out of the fire after she picked up the smoking gun?

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    What, because he can help pull her ass out of the fire after she picked up the smoking gun?
    Frankly, I expected less despite the circumstances.