Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord El Melloi II Case Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    You really should stop bumping threads like this. Look at the end date of a thread before deciding to bump it. The last post here was over a month ago.

If you want to ask about updates, instead please send a PM to the creator of the thread.

What you're doing is rude and may result in people getting angry at you.
    lol who cares it’s just the translation forum it’s not like anyone posts here anyway

Blog Entries
    Ye, honestly, I don't think most people around here care much about this kind of thing, and take it all that seriously, especially those who have been around for a long time. There's a difference between necroing some discussion topic that's been dead for a year, and asking for an update in a translation topic once in a while, like, for example, once a month.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Problem is bumping translation thread, rise hopes, and then it destroy it with single stupid question: "Are we there already?"
    Last edited by Tenzen12; July 7th, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
    Problem is bumping translation thread, rise hopes, and then it destroy it with single stupid question: "Are we there already?"
    This.

In addition as Draconic said earlier, he did bump a fanfic of his. Better to tell him here than to have him necro a thread from like a year ago I say.

So no one snaps and flames him. Because that's not good.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Thanks guys for being super civil about this. I will be more careful in the future and be mindful of when and when not to post on a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, to try and somewhat get on topic, does anyone else think Reines is super entertaining but also punchable? Whenever I read her POV, something makes me want to clock her in the face, probably her jerkassery. Also, I think I kind of get the whole idea of a source crest and crest-splitting as it occured in the El-Melloi Faction, but could someone explain it a little better than the novel did? The wording was kinda confusing.
    Here: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...FOR-ANSWERS%29

It has all the answers.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also, I think I kind of get the whole idea of a source crest and crest-splitting as it occured in the El-Melloi Faction, but could someone explain it a little better than the novel did? The wording was kinda confusing.
    Making a Magic Crest from scratch is difficult, time consuming, and painful.

By taking a piece from a magic crest that already exists, you can effectively make a new one without having to start at the beginning of the process. This causes some damage to the original Magic Crest, but that damage can be repaired with little to no detriment to the health of the Crest in the long run.

Magi of more powerful families will dole out pieces of their already well-established Magic Crest to other, lesser families who are looking to make one in exchange for their loyalty. The families' giving out the pieces of their Crest gain loyal followers, while the families receiving the pieces of the Crest gain something to start their Magic Crest from without having to literally find a unicorn, cut it up, and then try and survive hundreds of years of implanting bits of dead unicorn into their bodies.

In other news, expect a few more weeks of quiet before things start moving quickly again. I don't want to make any promises I can't keep, but let's just say Summer Vacation is coming soon, which means spending a lot of time at work with no actual work to do.
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    Making a Magic Crest from scratch is difficult, time consuming, and painful.

By taking a piece from a magic crest that already exists, you can effectively make a new one without having to start at the beginning of the process. This causes some damage to the original Magic Crest, but that damage can be repaired with little to no detriment to the health of the Crest in the long run.

Magi of more powerful families will dole out pieces of their already well-established Magic Crest to other, lesser families who are looking to make one in exchange for their loyalty. The families' giving out the pieces of their Crest gain loyal followers, while the families receiving the pieces of the Crest gain something to start their Magic Crest from without having to literally find a unicorn, cut it up, and then try and survive hundreds of years of implanting bits of dead unicorn into their bodies.

In other news, expect a few more weeks of quiet before things start moving quickly again. I don't want to make any promises I can't keep, but let's just say Summer Vacation is coming soon, which means spending a lot of time at work with no actual work to do.
    Thank you for actually answering my question, and in regards to your updating schedule, totally understandable. Summer Vacation definitely is a thing.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for late comment
    lol, even Lords can't escape modern gadget :v
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

And now I'm up to date, both writing and plot are good, even if the mage technobabble goes over my head sometimes. I love Waver's relationship with Gray, and Reines is a pretty fun, if admittedly twisted, character.

Is anyone else going to reprimand this person for posting on a thread that's been cold for nearly a month? Also, must agree with the Gray and Waver relationship (even if Waver x Taiga is an OTP of mine alongside Rin x Shirou), and Reines is a fun bitch character.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    translation section needs more posts that aren't just
    "when will this update"
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    even if Waver x Taiga is an OTP of mine
    A person of culture as well.

And I don't think the poster meant relationship in a romantic sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post

Considering how she helped them save a puppy I believe, back then, it might be hilarious to see Waver & Taiga meet up again, to Shirou, Rin, & Sakura's befuddlement.

Considering how she helped them save a puppy I believe, back then, it might be hilarious to see Waver & Taiga meet up again, to Shirou, Rin, & Sakura's befuddlement.
    And Artoria has to be there since Taiga told her the whole story, and she'll be barely restraining her laughter the whole time.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, of course, I just had to make that clear because the word "relationship" has its connotations.

I'm a bit mixed in that regard. Even if they remain as teacher and student I'd be fine, but dynamics like there's are usually present in romatic pairings I like- the reliable big brother type figure, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I'm a bit mixed in that regard. Even if they remain as teacher and student I'd be fine, but dynamics like there's are usually present in romatic pairings I like- the reliable big brother type figure, basically.
    Yeah, Waver x Gray is a small secondary ship for me if Waver x Taiga never works out. Also, it'd be ironic if Waver gets with Gray since he appears to be traumatized by Saberfaces, yet he'd be in a relationship with one, and a descendant (indirectly) of the Saber who first gave him that trauma. Still, I'd rather see both Nasuverse teachers get together, and of course Shirou and Rin, or rather Rin, would have to be laughing in the wings. Also, Reines would definitely enjoy poking fun at Taiga, and Taiga would hate her probably worse than she does Ilya or Rin in FSN.

Yeah, Waver x Gray is a small secondary ship for me if Waver x Taiga never works out. Also, it'd be ironic if Waver gets with Gray since he appears to be traumatized by Saberfaces, yet he'd be in a relationship with one, and a descendant (indirectly) of the Saber who first gave him that trauma. Still, I'd rather see both Nasuverse teachers get together, and of course Shirou and Rin, or rather Rin, would have to be laughing in the wings. Also, Reines would definitely enjoy poking fun at Taiga, and Taiga would hate her probably worse than she does Ilya or Rin in FSN.
    Waver x Gray is honestly creepy and disturbing, IMO.

Neither shows the slightest hint of attraction to the other. Combined with the clearly Teacher x Student nature of it, the idea of shipping the two is just weird to me.

US Friend Code
    Also the fact Waver has ptsd from just looking at her face probably also contributes to that.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Waver x Gray is honestly creepy and disturbing, IMO.

Neither shows the slightest hint of attraction to the other. Combined with the clearly Teacher x Student nature of it, the idea of shipping the two is just weird to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Also the fact Waver has ptsd from just looking at her face probably also contributes to that.
    Look, I don't necessarily ship them, I was just commenting on the irony if that ship were to ever come to pass, which involves said PTSD. Again, Taiga-chan FOREVER!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Though I honestly wonder why Saber of all people gives Waver PTSD. I thought Caster would have broken him more considering he saw the results of his and Ryuunosuke's experiments.