Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    off topic as hell, but LoyaltL, where'd u get that gif for your sig from?
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe I'm reaching, but did anyone else see this scene and get reminded of that terrible Fahrenheit 451 British adaptation from 1966?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't know why but I'm surprised Anna being yan still hasn't gotten old to me.

And the robot prefect is pretty good too. Finally a companion for Fuwa.
    Last edited by Trubo; August 22nd, 2015 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Foot

Did he lick it[/img]

Man the scene between Fuwa and prefect was 10/10. Between Fuwa's arousing soft-spoken begging and her hilariously perfect descriptions of the fujoshi magazines she continues to be best girl.
    Last edited by Bobin; August 28th, 2015 at 12:16 AM.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    off topic as hell, but LoyaltL, where'd u get that gif for your sig from?
    Code Geass Akito the Exiled.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinwood View Post
    Foot

Did he lick it[/img]

Man the scene between Fuwa and prefect was 10/10. Between Fuwa's arousing soft-spoken begging and her hilariously perfect descriptions of the fujoshi magazines she continues to be best girl.
    Like how close to the novel version it is
    size

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for the bump, I would have thought this show would have gotten more than a couple pages. Had it recommended to me and wondered if people watched it here.

It was hilarious, but some stuff rubbed me the wrong way.

I dunno, I think all the characters are kind of hypocritical to a point in the show, Tanukichi included.

He is scared off by Anna, but does he once think of trying to show the person he likes healthy sexual practices? No, because his feelings were always hollow towards her as some unreasonable ideal and he decided when his illusion was broken and her repressive issues arose that Ayame herself implied, she is treated like a joke. A monster that needs to be caged, not instructed on proper behavior.

His viewpoint on what is right is as messed up as any of the other characters, given he admits to getting off on the terrorism.

And Ayame herself says she owes Anna for helping her maintain some sense of normalcy and not totally caving to her desires in this society, but she does nothing about Anna's sexual awakening, and proves that SOX is kind of half-assed when it comes to helping free society from oppressing sexual expression. It also didn't help that despite her rather outrageous innuendo, she is showing shades of that cliche "pervy but a pure girl underneath" nauseating trope. The heavy handed way of doing things doesn't bod well for SOX's future.

Anna is definitely over the line(even if it is funny), but the show later on shows she isn't unmanageable. And it's sad her "friends" show no sign of wanting to try to help her past her ignorance and into a proper healthy sex life. Seems like a rather poor way to set up Ayame x Tanukichi, the only reason I don't fully endorse the pairing. I hope they have at least more progression for Anna and Goriki in the LN, if this doesn't have a second season.

Did not expect a raunchy comedy to get me so wordy, heh.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Altima, how would they go about explaining when the collars go off when you go full lewd with speech? How do you do this without using the jamming signal from the phone? Would this not expose the terrorists to Anna who reports to her mother? There are complications for the sake of drama and comedy. Anna was indeed portrayed as a monster, but a tragic one that is the product of a sheltered upbringing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Koori is a miracle of the forum.

Seriously.

This fandom needs more happily gay men.

Blog Entries
    I'm aware, I just thought we would eventually graduate from that since they were trying to educate the students anyway, and Otome was pretty easily converted. They already circumvented the obscenity sensor with writing with your mouth, and without the chastity belts, monitoring has its limits.
    Ayame feels she owes Anna (because she could have ended up even worse without her friendship), but there seems to be no actual thought of returning that favor. Having yandere Anna activities are nice, but it contradicts that sentiment. They could get around her reporting to her mother by using Tanukichi, since they have already been manipulating her anyway to be fair.

And yes it obvious it's done to prolong the tension since if they recruited her, their cause is well on their way to being won, and normalizing her would threaten the all too obvious pairing the series has going.

The show already showed that SOX's activities can be used against them on the ignorant populace, so just dirty pictures and doujinshi ain't gonna cut it. It interests me how they will go from there.

Isn't the whole point with Anna that he never really loved her to begin with? He didn't know who she was, so he made assumptions about her and began idolizing what he thought she was like.

Blog Entries
    Yeah it was, but that is part and parcel with his hypocritical view on a healthy lifestyle. His whole ideology about that was primarily because he was ostracized for being the son of a "terrorist". So this new Anna is anathema to that view and his naive delusions crumbled.
    It depends on whether the story will have him and her change their views on whether it stays as a comedy bit to setup the foregone pairing, or actual development. I doubt the former.

That was what I meant about hypocrisy. You can't really change a hypocritical world if you are similarly hypocritical, since he is pretty much just going with the flow of things with Ayame and not admitting to himself he is internally as weird as everyone else.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; February 6th, 2016 at 02:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    You can't really change a hypocritical world if you are similarly hypocritical
    Sure you can, SMT characters do it all the time.

Blog Entries
    It is interesting what comes up later in the LNs, from what I hear, and it seems I was right that Anna isn't completely a lost cause.

Spoiler:
    Friendship seems to have won out in the end, that is something to be glad about.

The LNs seem to be ending this month.