Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 LastLast

Thread: WRIST WATCH Thread

Head on it's pretty much exactly the same size as my wrist, I can get away with it. It always looks massive in wrist shots because of the angle.

Blog Entries
    a h h h

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Is that the new ceramic one?

Blog Entries
    Weirdly enough it's actually titanium. Ah, but I love Seiko, they're so bipolar. They can do that, and that's great, and then announce

help
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

lol

Oh yeah, I heard they rebranded to Grand Seiko too (as opposed to just having the normal Seiko at the top and Grand Seiko at the bottom). I saw some people complaining about that but idk I prefer it

Blog Entries
    Yeah they made it an independent line or whatever. I honestly can't imagine caring, or it mattering, because... look, it still says 'Seiko,' you're not fooling anyone. But it probably helps because now they don't have to put so much stuff on the dial.

I think the reasoning behind complaints was "now you can't pretend it's just a regular seiko!" but surely anyone who knows enough to know any difference now would have known to begin with.

Don't mind the change, since it does reduce the clutter on the dial.

However, the positioning of the text & logo on the new dial seems a bit weird (especially on the dress watches); feels like it should be a bit lower.
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

Blog Entries
    that's moe

Small! What's the diameter?
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

28mm

Dang that's tiny.

That's smaller than the old Seiko quartz I've got from the 90's, which I think was some 33mm or so.

Well, it is a ladies watch!

True!

Guess I've just been used to seeing the trend of larger ladies watches the last while.

Blog Entries
    Even most of ladies watches seem to be huge these days. My old reliable watch died, and I'd like to have a new one, small basic watch (I have one red bigger, but it doesn't fit with all colours), but I can't find any nice small ones. Childrens wathces are smaller, but they seem to have Hello Kitty or Superman in them.
    Small but dangerous!

My boring Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
    Cute things are cute.

Most small ladies watches I see look like glorified bracelets, no good no good.

Yeah, and meanwhile some men's watches are absolutely gigantic now... though I think the trend might be for things to start shrinking some now.

Blog Entries
    It seems like we snapped back a bit from 47mm but we're still going to stay at 44 being completely acceptable, and I doubt we're going to actually have an across the board general reduction. The initial growth in size was mostly driven by the rise of sport watches.

Don't @ me if you're not 53mm