Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: WRIST WATCH Thread

The second one looks kind of nice

watches are still awful

Quote Originally Posted by @Leo View Post
    Posting category 1: your own watch(es)

I'm sorry Polly I'm not sure how to make this work for a bondage aesthetic. Black and white just makes it look artsy.
    What model is that one there?
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

Blog Entries
    SBDC003 IE Sumo because as you are clearly familiar with Seiko is allergic to model naming.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

As someone unfamiliar with watches this looks pretty similar to yours

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    As someone unfamiliar with watches this looks pretty similar to yours
    It does.

it's also so pretty and once you start paying over a few thousand dollars for seiko they stop inexplicably including something in the design that kills your buzz, resulting in literal perfection
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    If you could have one watch what would it be?

You can't sell it
    I'd have to think about that one; don't have any particular model in mind at the top of my head.

For me, a watch is a tool first of all. Appearance is also nice, but not the foremost on my list. I think my requirements would be:
    1. Durable. I guess you could add 200m water resistance to this category.
    2. Analog dial, so nothing digital. Useful as a backup compass if necessary (I like to hike).
    3. Automatic, no batteries. Something with decent enough accuracy, and that isn't going to hiccup badly with an impact.
    4. Purely personal preference... I like to have day/date. Also prefer darker or black dials.

Guess that's the main reason I picked up the Stargate II... Seiko's 4R36 movement in a divers package, at a decent price. If price was no object... I'd have to do some more research as to what else is out there.

- - - Updated - - -

SBDC003 IE Sumo because as you are clearly familiar with Seiko is allergic to model naming.
    Yeah, the numbers do get confusing. Though I have to admit, some of the nicknames that they have come to be known by I find quite amusing, and are often quite apropos.
    Last edited by TrienDarkform; July 14th, 2015 at 09:08 PM.
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

I mostly wear my G-Shock (GLX-5500 according to engraving in the back) unless I need something less casual then I wear my Swatch or Cristian Lay one. And use my phone to check the time.

Blog Entries
    I have a digital Casio something (don't know anything about watches). Shows the day and date as well in addition to the time. Too lazy to take pictures. I only wear it when I'm outside. I take it off when I'm at home. I've had it for...I don't know, 8 years maybe? Not sure. There's a 10-year guarantee on the battery, which is nice, though I haven't actually kept the receipt for all these years so I can change it for free if the battery dies lol. I mean c'mon.
    Last edited by Rokudaime; July 14th, 2015 at 10:16 PM.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Mahou Shoujo Fushigi Tantei Obvious Sunara's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have an Alice in Wonderland themed Mini that I bought of ebay. I absolutely adore the brand.
    I'll post a pic of it later.
    [Edit:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1551_600p.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	12778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1558_600p.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	12779
    The Mini is in the center. Its rather worn 'cause I've used it for like a year already. The other two are cheap ones; the right one was a thrift store find. XD; I had another pocket watch necklace one but it fell off the chain and I lost it.
    Not as fancy as everyone else's but yeah...

I have a super tiny wrist so I have to get adjustable ones; the clasp ones are too big.
    On the plus side, I probably can wear watches made for kids.
    end edit.]

[Edit 2: Added a close-up pic.]

On a side note, I'm seriously tempted on that Gil watch but I'd be afraid to wear it 'cause its so much.
    (I have never bought a watch more than $50...) That and the chain... I'd probably break it.
    Last edited by Sunara; July 15th, 2015 at 04:18 AM.

#OwO#

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    oh, I forgot model number on mine. Casio AWG-100BR-1AJF. I found a spec sheet. Wow how was I unable to find this for 5 years.

I think it looks awesome, but my one major complaint is that the LED light is completely useless for viewing the LCD displays in the dark, as shown below. At least the hands and markers glow in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Get a rubber one, like I have (I need one, since my skin tends to get allergic reactions to the other two types of armbands). They're water proof (obviously) and don't get soggy, and they're much more durable and don't flake or (easily anyway) tear. They're also not loose or jingly at all, are still light, and are comfortable.
    I have torn two resin/rubber watch bands. They go through pretty active use, though.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; July 15th, 2015 at 04:36 AM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Amazon's (US) having a big sale for Prime members today. Watches too.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    my watch

don't quote me on this

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    At what point did all the fashionistas and wealthy bastards sneak into BL and start caring about having amazing watches worn the correct way and with the right outfits? I'm stunned.

As for me, my last watch was destroyed when I slipped off a waterfall in Thailand and smashed it (and my head) on the rocks down below. I haven't picked up a new one yet because let's be honest, I'll probably do it again.

Or someone will murder me for it when I get to Africa or South America.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    The story was probably worth losing the watch.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    I used to have a watch. It was orange and had all sorts of wacky functions and I used it for timing exams. Then the strap broke, 'cause it was made of plastic. Then I fixed the strap with duct tape. Then the duct tape broke. I don't have a watch now.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    At what point did all the fashionistas and wealthy bastards sneak into BL and start caring about having amazing watches worn the correct way and with the right outfits? I'm stunned.
    Everyone on BL is good looking and fashionable

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I'm not T_T

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I used to have a watch. It was orange and had all sorts of wacky functions and I used it for timing exams. Then the strap broke, 'cause it was made of plastic. Then I fixed the strap with duct tape. Then the duct tape broke. I don't have a watch now.
    So sad story. ;_;

I have had and have many watches, but only one I actually use is the one I bought with money I got from my grandma for my 15th birthday. It has been my reliable companion ever since. Pics maybe later...
    Small but dangerous!

My boring Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
    Cute things are cute.

Blog Entries
    I tried to find my Fullmetal Alchemist Edward Elric replica pocket watch so I could take pictures of it, but did not have any success, so whatever I guess. Don't know where I put it. Probably won't find it unless I move and rummage through a lot of stuff, which is not happening (unless something big happens, like me moving to a new place or whatever).

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Good number of Casio's/G-Shocks representing here. I quite like most of the G-Shocks I've seen over the years; had one a long time ago, but I've found that rubber straps don't agree with me.

Had a closer look at that Grand Seiko... yeah that's a nice watch. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range though. :P IMO just about the right blend between dressy and diver (I actually still prefer the look of my "Black Knight" over my new one in some ways just because I think it's a pretty good blend too). I think my only question about the Springdrive system is the longevity. A good automatic can last for many decades, but what about the electronic parts that regulate the springdrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I'm gonna add that if you post pics of your watch you need to post pics of you wearing it to prove that you know when/how to wear a watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Fashion... eh, 90% of the time I'm in scrubs (or close enough), so nothing special at all there. I guess I do have a funeral to go to tomorrow so I'll be in a suit, but it's not something I wear regularly.

I guess I'm just old fashioned in a lot of ways, one of which is that fishing out my cellphone to check the time doesn't feel 'right' compared to checking my watch, and as mentioned before, I like things that don't require electricity, and I've had my phone die at the worst times before so I don't have a great trust in electronics sometimes. (eg. was a complete brick when I checked it after landing at an airport and I need to call my ride to pick me up. Good thing I had his phone number written on paper).
    Last edited by TrienDarkform; July 15th, 2015 at 10:11 PM.