Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81316171819 LastLast

Thread: WRIST WATCH Thread

One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

^

Hmm.

Not sure if I like that or not...
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

I bet it will be expensive (for what it is)

Blog Entries
    My new watch~

Small but dangerous!

My boring Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
    Cute things are cute.

What time does it wake up?

Blog Entries
    It's taking catnaps all the time! :3
    Small but dangerous!

My boring Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
    Cute things are cute.

It's no H. Moser & Cie, but that dial actually looks pretty sharp...

Blue version looks elegant enough I think I'd take it over the somewhat-too-gaudy F/GO one above:

Last edited by TrienDarkform; November 7th, 2017 at 02:50 AM.

Helmut Sinn passed away yesterday, at the age of 101/102 (getting conflicting numbers from different reports).

Apparently he only retired for good in 2015, so he would have been ~99(!!!).

Have looked at the Sinn line of watches on and off, but never really seriously considered getting one. (Or Guinand, which he ran after selling the Sinn company).

http://watchesbysjx.com/2018/02/helm...es-at-102.html

R.I.P. 1916-2018

Blog Entries
    Too bad. The eponymous brand started creeping up in price a bit much but I'd still look at a 97% 556.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Ahh Halios and the saga with the Seaforth II sales...

First the webstore crashes from the load, and second attempt they all sell out in 3 minutes.

Now I see them popping up for sale in various places at double price :P

Blog Entries
    It's honestly unbelievable. I would have happily bought a blue one at regular price since I already like my Halios, but, having one, it seems pretty clear to me that you'd be crazy paying like 1.5. Goddamn Hodinkee
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

So Seaforth run #3 is going to be available by preorder, and it looks like they start tomorrow. To get into it or not?

Or see if I can get one of the Roldorf & co. edition Seaforths, which are being produced in collaboration with the watch shop in Vancouver (have been there a few times and chatted with the owner/watchmaker, real nice guy and very much into horology; but doesn't seem like there are any solidified designs/pictures available quite yet), but quite likely to be much more limited in numbers/availability?

Makes me think I should've picked up one of the last Tropik Bs or Delfins while they were still available...

Blog Entries
    I mean, if you can actually get it at retail, I think that the fixed/blue is great, and I'd happily take it. If you're paying a premium, never, you should have picked up Trokpik B Blue first.

I've been eyeing the blue + steel rotating bezel myself; hits all the right notes for me.

Just curious about what the Roldorf edition will be like (there was a mention somewhere about possibly some Arabic numbers on the dial), and whether or not the design will be to my liking. Plus I can say 'Made in Canada' for real for that one . Yeah, I know, the parts are all from the same place most likely, but it quite likely meets the Canadian regulations for the 'Made in Canada' label (but not the 'Product of Canada' label), and the guys at Roldorf are cool, so it would be nice to support them.

Edit: Still going back and forth between the Abyss or Pastel blue as well. Darker one always more versatile of course, but the pastel is more unique and I don't have a light faced dive watch yet either. (I'm actually trying to track down a White Knight in good condition, but those don't seem to exist in the wild...)
    Last edited by TrienDarkform; March 7th, 2018 at 10:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    My problem with the rotating is the black and blue doesn't go together, honestly. That's why I wanted my Tropik B in blue/bronze but I eventually settled for grey. Pastel... I like that we're experimenting with it, but I just don't like it, smh, stop reselling them WUS.

You mean the black bezel with the blue? That colour clash is one reason why I prefer the plain stainless rotating bezel. I think the sloped shape of that also blends well with the high sapphire crystal better than the more boxy black bezel.

Though if you mean the other design elements of the rotating bezel with the blue dials, that doesn't bother me too much I guess.

Blog Entries
    Blue and pure steel bezel, yeah,, I agree with you. It works a lot better with Halios's moderne art deco style.

Halios Seaforth GMTs sold out in 2 minutes.

lol

Well, round 1 of orders being opened. Round 2 apparently starts in some 5 hour or so.

*gets out the popcorn*

Blog Entries
    honestly it's unreal, this is what, the second year now straight where they've been completely blown out? I like mine but guys we know it's China production, place a larger damn order