Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 914171819

Thread: WRIST WATCH Thread

Well, this is the GMT which was produced at the same time as series II in a very small number (sounded like sourcing movements was an issue), before he knew it was going to blow up, but they had to delay sales because they had to remake one of the hands or something. There's probably only like 25 or 50 of them I bet, for the hordes to fight over...

At least with series III it's produce-what-was-preordered, which I did end up going for, in the dark grey, despite my original fixation on the blue.
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

So, Hamilton (/Swatch group) is suing Vortic, for buying old Hamilton pocketwatches off ebay, putting them in new cases turning them into wristwatches and reselling them, for trademark infringement... because they're using the original dials that have 'Hamilton' on them.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...-v-vortic-llc/

And as far as I can tell, Hamilton's lawyer no-shows for two of the settlement meetings, and then sends someone who basically said they can't settle, compromises would have to be approved by the Hamilton board of directors.

Yeah, something stinks about this.
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

How does something like that tie in with the first sale doctrine?

As far as I can tell, legally it looks like Swatch's case is valid, since they're selling modified goods (as much as I would disagree); would be different if they'd replaced the dials.

Their deliberate dragging things out to bleed the other side dry is a whole other matter.