Page 1368 of 1453 FirstFirst ... 368868126813181358136313661367136813691370137313781418 ... LastLast
Results 27,341 to 27,360 of 29042

Thread: Random Forumite Info

Spent some time at Manchester gallery today.

Came home with this:

There was police, media and protestors swarming everywhere outside. Turns out it was the Labour Party Annual Conference this weekend.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife212 View Post
    Pictured: Strife's living room.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

This is the best painting in my actual living room. It's this: http://www.mutualart.com/Artwork/Spr...695139B7C95BED
    Last edited by Strife ❤️; September 21st, 2014 at 06:21 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Thedoctor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife212 View Post

This is the best painting in my actual living room.
    Strife is a noblewoman.

Blog Entries
    Strife went to museum to take pics of nekkid women. D:
    Small but dangerous!

My boring Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
    Cute things are cute.

They are priceless treasures of antiquity, Gaia!

Blog Entries
    Yeah yeah. That's you real reason for sure.
    Small but dangerous!

My boring Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
    Cute things are cute.

Quote Originally Posted by MZeroX View Post
    using individual enjoyment as the means of correctness is falsifiable, so i prefer to stay away. after all, some people enjoy raping more than vanilla sex. if individual enjoyment was an appropriate means of conveying correctness, rape would be morally justifiable for them. so no, well done is still evil and disrespectful to the world.
    I could argue that this doesn't add up, but I've embarrassed myself too much in the past by taking arguments like this seriously.
    Last edited by Walnut Sparks; September 21st, 2014 at 06:58 PM.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

04satsujinki40
    Rain finds mac and cheese potato chips good~

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    I could argue that this doesn't add up, but I've embarrassed myself too much in the past by taking arguments like this seriously.
    You just have to attack it the right way. There is certainly something off about it, but all I've done is attack your connecting "correctness" and "individual enjoyment".
    This being the case, isn't the correct conclusion that each eater should cook meat in the ways that they as individuals enjoy the most?
    Taking away the subjects and objects leaves us with the barebones argument you made--the correct conclusion is that A should engage B in ways that maximize A's enjoyment.

In the case of meat, A is the individual, B is the meat. Individuals should engage (prepare, eat, etc) meat in ways that maximize said individual's enjoyment.

Now in the case of the rapist, A is the rapist, and B is the victim. "The correct conclusion is that A, the rapist, should engage B, the victim, in a way that maximizes A's enjoyment". Making it less clunky but conveying the same meaning, "The rapist is correct in raping the victim when the rapist maximizes sexual enjoyment from rape."

Both are valid uses of the same argument core. But clearly, the rape one is bonkers while the meat one seems alright. This simply means that the connection of enjoyment and correctness isn't valid, but the validity of the meat as enjoyed is coming from a different set of implied arguments and conditions. You'd have to approach it by saying something like the enjoyment of something prepared for the express purpose of consumption and enjoyment is different from a case where something isn't being treated as intended (you'd have to then make a case for personal autonomy and the act of sex being an important part of autonomy). The comparison also needs to establish why the value sets are different in the case of meat versus rape. It's a bit of project.

Still, there is absolutely nothing invalid about my attacking your connection of correctness with enjoyment, unless we're living in an environment of hedonism. Since you are implicitly agreeing that it is wrong for the rapist to rape, you've also implicitly agreed that we are not living in a hedonistic environment. So there really isn't a problem with my last attack. There is some moral code that overwrites pleasure, which is likely to do with intrusion on another's autonomy. Of course, if you don't make the autonomy argument tight, I could devils advocate into animals rights just to be a dick.

eh, I'm bored of this now. Fuck it.

Blog Entries
    lol what the shit
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

By badly cooking meat, you rape it!
    And rape is bad, so don't do that.
    That's what I understood from that...
    Surely I am not wrong.
    But aaaanyhoooow...
    real bad throat problems lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korburss View Post
    Frank you Franco and the Franking pun of bull you rode in on.

One true OTP...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MZeroX View Post
    You just have to attack it the right way. There is certainly something off about it, but all I've done is attack your connecting "correctness" and "individual enjoyment".
    Taking away the subjects and objects leaves us with the barebones argument you made--the correct conclusion is that A should engage B in ways that maximize A's enjoyment.

In the case of meat, A is the individual, B is the meat. Individuals should engage (prepare, eat, etc) meat in ways that maximize said individual's enjoyment.

Now in the case of the rapist, A is the rapist, and B is the victim. "The correct conclusion is that A, the rapist, should engage B, the victim, in a way that maximizes A's enjoyment". Making it less clunky but conveying the same meaning, "The rapist is correct in raping the victim when the rapist maximizes sexual enjoyment from rape."

Both are valid uses of the same argument core. But clearly, the rape one is bonkers while the meat one seems alright. This simply means that the connection of enjoyment and correctness isn't valid, but the validity of the meat as enjoyed is coming from a different set of implied arguments and conditions. You'd have to approach it by saying something like the enjoyment of something prepared for the express purpose of consumption and enjoyment is different from a case where something isn't being treated as intended (you'd have to then make a case for personal autonomy and the act of sex being an important part of autonomy). The comparison also needs to establish why the value sets are different in the case of meat versus rape. It's a bit of project.

Still, there is absolutely nothing invalid about my attacking your connection of correctness with enjoyment, unless we're living in an environment of hedonism. Since you are implicitly agreeing that it is wrong for the rapist to rape, you've also implicitly agreed that we are not living in a hedonistic environment. So there really isn't a problem with my last attack. There is some moral code that overwrites pleasure, which is likely to do with intrusion on another's autonomy. Of course, if you don't make the autonomy argument tight, I could devils advocate into animals rights just to be a dick.

eh, I'm bored of this now. Fuck it.
    Oh god, this is amazing.

Can I quote this?

It's way too big D:

One true OTP...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you can quote it. It may be a little out of place without the rest of the posts, but at least for my portions, you have my ok.

Banned
    Thank you.

Still, that was a huge analysis man.
    I am proud of you!

One true OTP...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    huge? really? you do know that I wrote my philosophy dissertation on quantum mechanics and the possibility of libertarian free will, right? while doing research in an optics lab. because fuck the system, i got two degrees, bitch.

Blog Entries
    Well besides from being completely ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    God damn it too many characters.

Anyway, still comedy gold. Thank you Zero.