Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Project. The Epic of Emiya Shirou [Fate/Stay Night x Prince of Persia]

Another question. I have looked into different places but I still can't properly get the hand of Servants Stats.
    I know that E rank is supposed to be 10 times stronger and faster than the common man. but how much in the increase from E to D, D to C, and so on until you reach A?
    I read in the wiki that the + allows to double one's rank for a moment and that - means that is not properly in that rank.

Can anyone give me some answers about this?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just a tip: avoid Nasu math as much as possible. Medea has E-rank Strength, yet can't carry groceries. EMIYA's stats are all D's and C's yet he's stronger and faster and tougher than Hassan.

Basically, the only stats that matter are the ones relevant to a certain Noble Phantasm at that moment (say, MGI when dealing with Hassan's Zabaniya, LCK when dealing with Gae Bolg, and so on).

As for the minus thing, it's basically "this only works without the minus in a certain situation". For example, Mordred's charisma is C-, and it only works at a level of C if she is leading a rebellion.
    Last edited by Christemo; July 24th, 2015 at 11:59 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofPurgeandShadowofEmbrace View Post
    Another question. I have looked into different places but I still can't properly get the hand of Servants Stats.
    I know that E rank is supposed to be 10 times stronger and faster than the common man. but how much in the increase from E to D, D to C, and so on until you reach A?
    I read in the wiki that the + allows to double one's rank for a moment and that - means that is not properly in that rank.

Can anyone give me some answers about this?
    E=10
    D=20
    C=30
    and so forth

minus on a stat means properly that rank but has a lesser value in power. So a A- NP will injure Herc but do less damage than a A rank NP to him.
    minus on a skill seems to work like what Christemo stated.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a higher chance that he devotes a work to explain alchemy in the Nasuverse. But yes, I will be carfeul with taking the ranks made on the list as 100% accurate.
    Melty Blood
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    E=10
    D=20
    C=30
    and so forth

minus on a stat means properly that rank but has a lesser value in power. So a A- NP will injure Herc but do less damage than a A rank NP to him.
    minus on a skill seems to work like what Christemo stated.

- - - Updated - - -

Melty Blood
    Thank you for the info. But in alchemy, aside from Sion and maybe Einzbern, who else and what else?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Just a tip: avoid Nasu math as much as possible. Medea has E-rank Strength, yet can't carry groceries. EMIYA's stats are all D's and C's yet he's stronger and faster and tougher than Hassan.

Basically, the only stats that matter are the ones relevant to a certain Noble Phantasm at that moment (say, MGI when dealing with Hassan's Zabaniya, LCK when dealing with Gae Bolg, and so on).

As for the minus thing, it's basically "this only works without the minus in a certain situation". For example, Mordred's charisma is C-, and it only works at a level of C if she is leading a rebellion.
    I'll keep that on mind, thank you

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the info. But in alchemy, aside from Sion and maybe Einzbern, who else and what else?
    Heine from Case Files

Paracelsus

etc

I think you think alchemy is a lot more singular than it actually is. If you want inspiration for some kind of magecraft involving alchemy in your fic, I recommend actually picking up a book on it.

I recommend the Emerald Tablet of Hermes, Lawrence M Principe's The Secrets of Alchemy and H. Stanley Redgrove's Alchemy: Ancient and Modern
    Last edited by Christemo; July 24th, 2015 at 01:14 PM.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, there are still many plotholes that need to be fixed before the prologue is released. The matter with Illya was sad. Option one, the Shadow devours her and turns Sakura into the Dark Grail instead; option two, Arhiman uses both Sakura and Illya as sacrifices in order to reincarnate as The Destructive Spirit. Either way, Shirou experiences true despair by losing his loved ones right in the face.
    Sakura was activated as the grail early on due to more than love about Shirou. The Shadow can't come into being before it is connected to her.

The second option is even more dubious. Why would it sacrifice it's host before it was born? That was the whole reason why it put her back together after she was torn apart by Gil (only the outside, but still put her back together).

The next thing about the attack on the temple. If Zouken was going to attack and use Kojiro's body as the vessel for Hassan, why would he not have bothered to trick Medea as he did in canon and lay claim to the temple, instead seeking to escape?

Finally, "Sakura just goes yandere because x, and things happen" is kind of, not to be rude, a little lazy. To be clearer, it's not something easy to just expedite plot elements with "villain in a can". It flies in the face of her character.

However, I'd consider letting the second point go just on the fact we don't know the details on how Zouken trolled be in canon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Sakura was activated as the grail early on due to more than love about Shirou. The Shadow can't come into being before it is connected to her.

The second option is even more dubious. Why would it sacrifice it's host before it was born? That was the whole reason why it put her back together after she was torn apart by Gil (only the outside, but still put her back together).

The next thing about the attack on the temple. If Zouken was going to attack and use Kojiro's body as the vessel for Hassan, why would he not have bothered to trick Medea as he did in canon and lay claim to the temple, instead seeking to escape?

Finally, "Sakura just goes yandere because x, and things happen" is kind of, not to be rude, a little lazy. To be clearer, it's not something easy to just expedite plot elements with "villain in a can". It flies in the face of her character.

However, I'd consider letting the second point go just on the fact we don't know the details on how Zouken trolled be in canon anyway.
    I agree that love is not the only catalyst for awakening Sakura as another grail. However, you are asuming that there are not other strong emotions and factors in my idea. There is also the fact that Angra Mainyu is not simply a force waiting to be born, it actually tries intefering in a more subtle way; Sakura has a portion of the tainted grail inside of her, therefore a way for Ahriman to influence her. By having Sakura absorb Illya thorugh the corruption, Ahriman has access to the Servants she the first has accumulated; and Sakura is linked to him, so in exchange for a single wish he gets to be free using her existence as the Dark Grail to summon himself.

Zouken was not present in the Fate Route, probably did not even exist as an idea in that one; otherwise he might have done something. Just because the worm is not a war tactician, it doesn't change the fact that he is cunning. Let's see: either he tries to mess with Caster or, knowing that Gil is coming, he not only ensures her defeat by taking out Assassin but gains his own piece for the Grail War and hides in waiting for the crucial moment. ZOuken bets on Emiya to win the War, even if Gilgamesh is usually the one who would become victorious. If he wins the bet, great; if Shirou loses, Zouken just has to hide another bunch of years or something.

The guy is insane and cunning, don't expect him to be cliche enough to try taking the Temple if there is no way to hold it. He cares for immortality only, and is willing to be patient enough for his chance to strike.

Finally, the Shadow is not gonna appear during the brief retelling of the route before the end of the War. The whole "shit hits the fan" is unexpected and gives no previous signals of coming. As I said, Ahriman is more active and powerful than canon Angra Mainyu, not just a bunch of curses waiting to be born.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for my assumption, but most who write her tend to try expediting the plot without realizing that it takes an awful lot for her to break down. A few words ain't gonna get you endgame breakdown. Thus my "villain in a can" comment. But I also admit it's biased annoyance at seeing that story element too often.

As for Zouken, why would he bother getting involved that late into the game? He existed in the Fate route, but just wasn't mentioned because he stayed in the background. What exactly would give him the push to get involved and why, if he has that incentive, is he not going full out on it?

Just would be a good idea to understand character motivations a bit more for when you make divergent plots.