Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone still play Battle Moon Wars?

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZidanReign View Post
    It's definitely not just a revamped sakura route though.
    I played BMW.

I felt utterly cheated and disgusted by the choice of story for the Fate part of the game as well as dumping Saber into the Tohno mansion which made completely no sense.

C'mon, Heavens Feel v.2.0 and Fate route - Kohaku edition?

Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by @Leo View Post
    As far as I remember it "buff Shiki win game" was outright the best way to win the game especially against the late boss HP pools.
    I remember my Shiki soloing Nanaya all by himself.

That was kind of awesome.

I remember Shiki killing many servants, him and Ryougi. Good, fun times.

Let the nostalgia hit everyone!

Pretty much everyone from Act 1 doesn't look as good as the later characters. If you want to really see it, just compare Saber's sprites to Saber Alter and Saber Lily, Kohaku with Amber, Rin with Ruby, old Satsuki with new Satsuki, Shiki with new Nanaya, etc.

I won't have much time to sprite until the weekends, so I wanted to do something different. I'm by no means a coder, but I feel like I should spotlight how easy it is to mod Battle Moon Wars. This is the chance for all the Fate haters to write their own Unlimited Blade Works story! Or a story where Lancer actually does something.

For those who are interested in messing around, Aroduc's general guide tells you pretty much all you need to know.
    http://tenka.seiha.org/2008/07/every...tle-moon-wars/

When I have time, I'll talk about how to make a playable character playable, e.g. Aoko or Avenger.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    I played BMW.

I felt utterly cheated and disgusted by the choice of story for the Fate part of the game as well as dumping Saber into the Tohno mansion which made completely no sense.

C'mon, Heavens Feel v.2.0 and Fate route - Kohaku edition?

Just no.
    it's better than Fanfiction.net

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ASPIDER View Post
    Let the nostalgia hit everyone!

Pretty much everyone from Act 1 doesn't look as good as the later characters. If you want to really see it, just compare Saber's sprites to Saber Alter and Saber Lily, Kohaku with Amber, Rin with Ruby, old Satsuki with new Satsuki, Shiki with new Nanaya, etc.

I won't have much time to sprite until the weekends, so I wanted to do something different. I'm by no means a coder, but I feel like I should spotlight how easy it is to mod Battle Moon Wars. This is the chance for all the Fate haters to write their own Unlimited Blade Works story! Or a story where Lancer actually does something.

For those who are interested in messing around, Aroduc's general guide tells you pretty much all you need to know.
    http://tenka.seiha.org/2008/07/every...tle-moon-wars/

When I have time, I'll talk about how to make a playable character playable, e.g. Aoko or Avenger.
    If you need help on spriting, Phearo knows a thing or too.

- - - Updated - - -

If you need help on spriting, Phearo knows a thing or too.
    It's okay; Since I'm not spriting a completely new sprite and i'm just editing existing ones, it's not that difficult. It's just that I don't have the time at the moment, haha.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    No, they're on the same level.

It is a fanfiction for all it's worth. Just one that got more effort put into it than most.

F/GO friend code: 319871588/solopy567

Okay, how to add a playable character.

Data files are in the odd numbered folders (data3, data5, etc.), image files are in the even-numbered folders (data2, data4, etc.). Open up one of the data folders, level files are within "scn". The numbers at the front of the file name correspond to the stage ("01_x" files are about Stage 1, etc.).

Each stage has 4 files:

[A] x_c_a - Scene before the battle
    [B] x_c_b - Scene after battle
    [S] x_c_s - Actual battle
    [V] x_c_v - Displayed victory conditions

The "c" are the stages where the routes merge. In place of "c", "h" and "t" can also appear, and stand for the BMW OCs, obviously.

A character can be added through the [A], [B] and [S] files. Adding a character in [A], it will appear in [B]. Adding a character in [B], it will appear in [B] but wiped in [S]. [S] files contain a clear all character function for some reason, and then it adds them in again, which allows them to appear in the next level.

Now the meat of it: Go into a file, find:

<valid ctrl="ADD">

And add the character in, e.g.:

<valid ctrl="ADD">
    <chara id="PLAYER_TAKUMI" />
    </valid>

Character IDs can be found in "data1\chara_id.txt". It contains the enemy and playable characters. Before you guys try to make a playable Michael Roa Vanderbeek, I haven't mentioned it before, but converting an enemy character to a playable character is not as easy as it seems...

Luckily, the guy from the old seiha forums whose name I cannot remember already did all the work for Berserker and Ilya (which you can find first post blah, blah, blah). To get those to work, you will need to copy the lines in the text files I included and paste them in the corresponding files in the your BMW's data1. Try adding them to the latest file of that identifier, i.e., the "weapon_init" lines copy and paste to "weapon_init_best.xml".

Yeah... Hope those of you bored enough to try it can get it to work, but I'll be lurking around if you have any problems.

(I could probably have used this time to sprite a bit more... sorry, haha)
    Last edited by ASPIDER; July 30th, 2015 at 06:44 AM.