Page 56 of 353 FirstFirst ... 6465154555657586166106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 7054

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Gameplay Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Is this a pun.
    A surprisingly good one.

You can actually feel Tobias' spirit break after seeing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    I actually didn't get it, is it a pun?

(I thought mcjon was serious and I had somehow missed some piece of lore)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It is a pun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Every Servant gets a death line when they die.

Blog Entries
    Oh, you mean like their dialogue? And here I was trying to figure out if it was a joke based on how they were standing in a line
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    A surprisingly good one.

You can actually feel Tobias' spirit break after seeing that.
    Look. I'm a purveyor of puns, I actually enjoy puns.

And McJon's pun wasn't good. Unlike tobias's, which are simply lame, this one was way too easy to confuse for a mistake or just Not Get It. Even when explained I went "huh" instead of chuckling or actually laughing like I do with good puns.

Blog Entries
    In my opinion the mark of a good pun is how easily making it causes people to mistake you for an ESL, it's how I learned it at Japanese English Pun College. Maybe you're just not well-versed in regional techniques.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Look. I'm a purveyor of puns, I actually enjoy puns.

And McJon's pun wasn't good. Unlike tobias's, which are simply lame, this one was way too easy to confuse for a mistake or just Not Get It. Even when explained I went "huh" instead of chuckling or actually laughing like I do with good puns.
    A good pun doesn't need to make you laugh.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    A good pun doesn't need to make you laugh.
    if thats true, then a bunch of my puns just retroactively stopped being barred from being good puns.

Oh happy day!

Blog Entries
    I always thought you were good at puns. A good pun doesn't make you laugh because jokes make you laugh and puns aren't jokes. The proper response to a good pun is "Oh."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    if thats true, then a bunch of my puns just retroactively stopped being barred from being good puns.

Oh happy day!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirm...gative_premise

Edit: Wrong one I think, I'm sure Strife and others will be more than happy to point that and what the one I'm about to post is wrong too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_the_consequent

I always thought you were good at puns. A good pun doesn't make you laugh because jokes make you laugh and puns aren't jokes. The proper response to a good pun is "Oh."
    Honestly haven't read enough of his that get posted outside of the UBW or GO threads.
    Last edited by Trubo; September 24th, 2015 at 10:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Actually if you want to pull out logical fallacies, the. I am going to one up you by going super pedantic. See I never said the aforementioned jokes had become good puns, I merely said they were no longer barred from being so, in other words, the fact that nobody laughed was no longer grounds for saying they were bad puns.

so stuff that in your fallacy and smoke it!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My apologies, I misread your post and didn't see the "barred" portion.

The Producer the world needed, not the one it deserved. dragonwarz50's Avatar
    I'm now looking for Lancers, because when I looked at my list the best Lancer was level 20.
    Grave. Rave. Crave. Deprave.

That was Hell you walked through. Ascension Hell, the first level.
    Then you marched through Skill Mat Hell and QP Hell, the second and third levels.
    Now you approach Bond 15 Hell.

Oh yeah, here's the new-new account I've been using. Didn't post it earlier because I was leveling everything up.

384879988/プロデューサー

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I'm honestly amazed that it took this long to include an option to rescind your moves before battle begins. Like, an amazingly amateurish game design flaw, even. But now that we can it's allllll good.

I mean, I'd still like it if there was a way to exit the battle action screen and go back to the skills screen so that I could swap out the enemy I want to deal damage to, but that decision is a step in the right direction.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They probably don't want you to do that because then you could peek at the crit star distribution.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    That's never gonna happen, because many skills and systems are built on the assumption the transition is not reversible. Stars, for starters. NP%, for another. It's not a menu, it's a combat phase. That's why it says "Next Phase" in the button.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Not having it won't break the game for me, I'm just noting that I tend to mess up if I start gunning for a strategy I don't usually default to. And hey, a game w/out risk isn't a good game.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    You can always restart the game if you really dislike your decision.