Page 142 of 353 FirstFirst ... 4292132137140141142143144147152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 7054

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Gameplay Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

So in other words it's complicated and I should never think about it again?

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    just, uh, multiply it.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    If you don't have any other sort of Power Up bonuses, it's a simple 1+X multiplier to damage, where X = the amount of crit damage bonus the unit has.

When you have a ridiculous amount of Power Up bonuses, such as with the Raikou raid event, it still increases damage, but not by nearly as much as you'd expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Say,Trubo, but in general crit is double damage right?

Alright. Not worth using for me at the moment, but I'll think more about it if I ever get someone like Jack.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Say,Trubo, but in general crit is double damage right?
    Yes, criticalModifier = 2 when a critical happens. Critical Damage Up is part of the Power Up portion of the damage formula.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    Support 90 Orion

All skills level 10

Kaleidoscope equipped, 12,883 attack in battle screen

Whimsical Bond and Affections of the goddess only buffs
    ~38,770 Tri Star Amore Mio on first battle Gawain
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What level NP did your Support Orion have?

Well, not like it matters, since the only way to get that number is with either a level 2 NP that hasn't done the NP interlude or a level 1 NP post-interlude.

As for what the buff actually does, assuming that it's 80% in the first battle, the only possible options are that it does Card-Type Down or it's a brand new modifier.
    Last edited by Trubo; July 28th, 2016 at 04:01 PM.

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, sorry knew I forgot something

level 1 NP interlude done

was max fous and level 20 kaleido
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Yes, criticalModifier = 2 when a critical happens. Critical Damage Up is part of the Power Up portion of the damage formula.
    So, if i play it simple, 25% crit damage up is equal with 2.25 crit mod? Or different calculation?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    So, if i play it simple, 25% crit damage up is equal with 2.25 crit mod? Or different calculation?
    Simply put, it'd be criticalModifier*critDamageMod = 2*1.25 = 2.5, assuming all other components in the Power Up part are zero.
    Last edited by Trubo; July 28th, 2016 at 04:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ah ok.

Say, between the gate and palace which node got better chance for medals

Taste the Rainbow
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you don't have any other sort of Power Up bonuses, it's a simple 1+X multiplier to damage, where X = the amount of crit damage bonus the unit has.

When you have a ridiculous amount of Power Up bonuses, such as with the Raikou raid event, it still increases damage, but not by nearly as much as you'd expect.
    If it crit dmg up behaves the same as NP power up then event power ups dont reduce the relative effectiveness of crits (or np power up) i.e its not additive
    Tested NP power up in ibaraki event, data was somewhere in this thread, even with 100% event power up, +48% NP power up was still +48%~ damage

+crit damage is so great

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    Okay Gawain's damage reduction is going down

the first fight was the one where the battle ends after a few turns/damage

took same support same buffs to the second node where he has Galatine and Tri Star did ~81k this time

EDIT: adding in level 7 plugsuit and level 5 Altera military tactics brought it up to ~108k
    Last edited by Qinglong; July 28th, 2016 at 06:48 PM.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    If it crit dmg up behaves the same as NP power up then event power ups dont reduce the relative effectiveness of crits (or np power up) i.e its not additive
    Tested NP power up in ibaraki event, data was somewhere in this thread, even with 100% event power up, +48% NP power up was still +48%~ damage

+crit damage is so great
    Yeah, I wasn't very clear on that. In the general Power Up section, there are four different components:

1. powerMod = things like the Sumo CE and other event-related CEs that provided a Power Up for event battles
    2. selfDamageMod = this has not been used by DW, but basically the opposite of 1, if I remember Kyte correctly
    3. (critDamageMod*isCrit) = things like Independent Action that increase crit damage when crits occur
    4. (npDamageMod * isNP) = things like Military Tactics that increase NP damage when a NP is used

NP can never crit, so bonuses to critDamageMod won't increase a NP's damage, and vice versa.

However, I disagree with you about the interaction between the general Power Mod with the other modifiers. While I didn't record the damage results from the second 1BP Oni battle for all colors, I noticed after a few hours that using Altera's Military Tactics made no noticeable difference in damage to my SSR Kintoki's damage (990 Fou attack, level 1 NP) when he was at +395% Power Up (LB Sumo, LB Raikou/Shuten, passive event bonus). If it was separate, he would never have done as little as 210k damage against the Red Oni with level 7 plugsuit, level 10 Monstrous Strength, 2% Buster Up from his ME, and not using the red bean.
    Last edited by Trubo; September 1st, 2016 at 11:27 PM.

Taste the Rainbow
    reposting from ibaraki event

NP3 gil, max ushi: 13625 attack
    lvl 10 charisma (gil), lvl 6 charisma (liz), lvl 4 torture techniques (liz), lvl 5 plugsuit = 70% atk up
    Attribute advantage
    Ea, lvl 10 military tactics (altera) = 48% NP power up
    expected damage if NP power up and power up are additive: 460k +/- 10%
    expected damage if the NP + CE power up is multiplicative: 607k +/- 10%

Actual damage: 630k

fuck, yeah it does seem additive
    i clearly made mistakes in this test though so next raid please i need to do this again, properly
    Last edited by Skittles; July 28th, 2016 at 08:43 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ea also has a Super Effective component, based on overcharge (1.5/1.625/1.75/1.875/2 for 100%/200%/300%/400%/500%). Taking what you listed above and the Super Effective part, assuming that NP Power Up is a separate multiplier from the general Power Up modifier, that Gilgamesh should have done the following with Ea against Ibaraki.

[13625*5.5*1.5*0.95*2*1.1*0.9*0.23*1.7*4*1.48*1.5+1 75] to [13625*5.5*1.5*0.95*2*1.1*1.1*0.23*1.7*4*1.48*1.5+1 75]

Which simplifies down to 734k to 897k damage

If, however, NP Power Up adds into the general Power Up multiplier, Ea's damage range would be

[13625*5.5*1.5*0.95*2*1.1*0.9*0.23*1.7*4.48*1.5+175] to [13625*5.5*1.5*0.95*2*1.1*1.1*0.23*1.7*4.48*1.5+175]

Which simplifies down to 555k to 679k

So, to me, it looks like NP Power Up is additive with general Power Up. I can't comment on crits since I didn't run a crit-oriented team in either of the raid events.

Taste the Rainbow
    Man I sure am glad I wrote those numbers down because I clearly fucked the calculation up somewhere along the line, and not just from missing the vs servants bonus modifier
    next raid event please I need to test things

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    You know this discussion made me look at the formula and I noticed at some point they'd added a "special defense" which I'd never seen in use but may be in use now. It trumps Defense Ignore NPs.

damage for this card = [servantAtk * npDamageMultiplier * scalingHPModifier * (firstCardBonus + (cardDamageValue * (1 + cardMod))) * classAtkBonus * triangleModifier * attributeModifier * randomModifier * 0.23 * (1 + atkMod - defMod) * criticalModifier * extraCardModifier * (1 - specialDefModifier) * {1 + powerMod + selfDamageMod + (critDamageMod * isCrit) + (npDamageMod * isNP)} * {1 + ((superEffectiveModifier - 1) * isSuperEffective)}] + dmgPlusAdd + selfDmgCutAdd + (servantAtk * busterChainMod)

ScalingHPModifier is the one in yuri pirates. (There's also an unused one that gets weaker with lower HP)
    SpecialDefModifier is the one I mentioned above. Now that I think of it Gawain's Def Up might be this type, so you can't bypass it with, say, Nero or Emiya.

Blog Entries
    W-What if it's Purge Defense