Page 1001 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919969991000100110021003100610111051110115012001 ... LastLast
Results 20,001 to 20,020 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Lucky, I got spoiled like a week into the game.
    me too but only the name, at first

f u royd

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    The most spoilery spoiler of spoilers

That probably would've been a real wham moment if not for datamining.

Is this still a spoiler now?
    Spoiler:
    What is he saying?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the possibility of anyone staying unspoiled on that plot point was shot down as soon as it got added to her wiki page with no indication that it wasn't supposed to be common knowledge.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, that's why I prefer to use Kyte's now defunct profile thread. Problem with that is it's out-of-date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But it's revealed in game, so we can stop treating it like a secret now?

Lancelot is the true king of spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No one is complaining about it being revealed in this chapter. It's people openly discussing as early as the prologue that people are upset about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant Shiki View Post
    Other than her Weight and Height, has there been any change to Lancer Alter's profile?
    Nope, not really.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle King_of_None's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    So nothing on Tristan's now?
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    I think the possibility of anyone staying unspoiled on that plot point was shot down as soon as it got added to her wiki page with no indication that it wasn't supposed to be common knowledge.
    It was also hard to get mad at being spoiled because really who else was going to give her Camelot-style armor and a shield with Excalibur fairy letters?

A question to people with deeper lore knowledge:
    A thing I've been pondering about lately... I always thought that they traveled via "rayshift" to the various singularities, but ever since I've seen translations that used "leyshift" I've been wondering which actually would be correct.

Blog Entries
    It's actually Reishift, but honestly it's just technobabble as long as it sounds cool it's fine

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    Nope, not really.
    Ah, thanks.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    She, who was summoned as a Servant in Chaldea, knows the beauty of the world. In order to retrieve the world that shines not in the far away, she will certainly fight together with the Master, wielding all the power she has.

Rhongomynyad - The Spear that Shines in the Far Away
    I have no idea what the italized is supposed to mean. I assume "the Far Away" is what others have been calling the End of the World, but it's really clunky and it's getting in the way of figuring out what are you trying to say there.

It has been said that its real form is that of a tower that fasten together the rind of the world.
    ????
    I mean, I can figure it out because it's repeating what we know from elsewhere, but that construction is incredibly obtuse.
    (btw it's restraints, with a T)
    Last edited by Kyte; July 28th, 2016 at 06:03 PM.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How do I say overload but not using overload

Because Overloaded Light of the Lake is seriously wayy less cool than Unfading Light of the Lake
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

後継者 Successor
    JP Friend Code
    PM me...
    Lancelot (Saber)

Lancelot (Saber)

Lancelot is one of the Knights of the Round Table and a hero extolled as the greatest knight.
    Despite serving King Arthur, he ended up breaking with the king upon falling into an immoral love with Guinevere.

Great knight Lancelot, it is in this condition - summoned under the Saber Class - that he is the closest to his original form. Caring for justice, honoring women, loathing evil - this virtuous figure overflowing with romance was acknowledged as the "ideal knight" by King Arthur.

There is no such a thing as an eternal ideal; Lancelot himself was the root cause why the Arthurian legends reached its twilight years. By being punished, he wished for the king to understand human limitations, but that never came to pass.

Indeed, Saber is the most fitting Class for Lancelot to be summoned under.
    However, Lancelot himself probably feels more than anyone else that it is an irony for him to be a Saber.
    "A noble knight? Don't make me laugh. I participated in the destruction of Britain!"
    And thus Lancelot is convinced. That the most appropriate Class for himself is Berserker.

Height/Weight: 191cm・81kg
    Source: Arthurian Legends
    Region: England
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Lancelot in his proper Class.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Arondight・Overload - Binding Lock Full Resolution・Overweight Lake Light
    A++
    Type: Anti-Army
    Bestowing an overload to the Unbreakable Lake Light, letting the changed magic energy leak out. It is then repurposed into an attack.
    This Noble Phantasm is something close to a sword skill, which deliberately refrains from emitting the magic energy that would originally turn into a slash of light, instead releasing it upon cutting at the target.
    The blue light of the vast magic energy that overflows from the severed section has been alluded as like a lake.

Someone might have mentioned this already, but the proper term in place of overweight is probably meant to be overflowing, as in "Overflowing Light of the Lake"

Still trying to make a Baidu Account Forbiddenone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriko View Post
    Lancelot (Saber)

Lancelot (Saber)

Lancelot is one of the Knights of the Round Table and a hero extolled as the greatest knight.
    Despite serving King Arthur, he ended up breaking with the king upon falling into an immoral love with Guinevere.

Great knight Lancelot, it is in this condition - summoned under the Saber Class - that he is the closest to his original form. Caring for justice, honoring women, loathing evil - this virtuous figure overflowing with romance was acknowledged as the "ideal knight" by King Arthur.

There is no such a thing as an eternal ideal; Lancelot himself was the root cause why the Arthurian legends reached its twilight years. By being punished, he wished for the king to understand human limitations, but that never came to pass.

Indeed, Saber is the most fitting Class for Lancelot to be summoned under.
    However, Lancelot himself probably feels more than anyone else that it is an irony for him to be a Saber.
    "A noble knight? Don't make me laugh. I participated in the destruction of Britain!"
    And thus Lancelot is convinced. That the most appropriate Class for himself is Berserker.

Height/Weight: 191cm・81kg
    Source: Arthurian Legends
    Region: England
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Lancelot in his proper Class.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Arondight・Overload - Binding Lock Full Resolution・Overweight Lake Light
    A++
    Type: Anti-Army
    Bestowing an overload to the Unbreakable Lake Light, letting the changed magic energy leak out. It is then repurposed into an attack.
    This Noble Phantasm is something close to a sword skill, which deliberately refrains from emitting the magic energy that would originally turn into a slash of light, instead releasing it upon cutting at the target.
    The blue light of the vast magic energy that overflows from the severed section has been alluded as like a lake.

Someone might have mentioned this already, but the proper term in place of overweight is probably meant to be overflowing, as in "Overflowing Light of the Lake"
    Nah, the Lady of the Lake got depressed after seeing how things turned out and really let herself go.

Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    Dying, save me. I need your piss.
    They'll probably kill the red oni before I'm done with the story quests. I'm just an unfortunate girl destined to never get DP.

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

So why are the character saying that it's been fifteen hundred years since Arthurian times or whatever? Doesn't this singularity take place in the 1200s? Shouldn't it be six hundred years or so?