Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    If that's the case, then God must have seen Solomon's desire to become human which lead to the whole Grand Order event. So in the end, he never really managed to shake himself off of God's influence. It might even be possible the rings left of the throne is God telling Solomon that his work is not done and he refuse to accept the rings back.
    Well when it boils down to it we just don't know the motives of God are anyway yet. For a series that deals alot with divinity we haven't really seen much on Nasuverse opinion on him really. Other then the people with relation to God.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Of those who died before the preliminary rounds Ran-Rii's Avatar
    If that's the case, then God must have seen Solomon's desire to become human which lead to the whole Grand Order event. So in the end, he never really managed to shake himself off of God's influence. It might even be possible the rings left of the throne is God telling Solomon that his work is not done and he refuse to accept the rings back.
    It would be a really myopic god that does not tell Solomon to destroy the pillars in the first place. After all, Goetia does say that the historical Solomon is the only Solomon that can defeat it.
    Then again, god works in mysterious ways, etc, etc. I want a 4koma about God throwing the rings back into Roman's face.
    Why not summon a caster?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Sylphonia's Avatar
    Maybe it was a necessary event

The pillars going out of control created Guda, allowed him to befriend every servant, and created a hero that would save the world from the beasts.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much every instance of god letting bad thing happen in stories like this, is because preventing it would also prevent necessary or better thing from happening. Saving one would kill ten people down the road. Therefore the one had to suffer, so that more would be saved. The situation would still work out in the end, but something far greater would be created due to the momentary pain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran-Rii View Post
    It would be a really myopic god that does not tell Solomon to destroy the pillars in the first place. After all, Goetia does say that the historical Solomon is the only Solomon that can defeat it.
    Then again, god works in mysterious ways, etc, etc. I want a 4koma about God throwing the rings back into Roman's face.
    In a way, God let everyone gain something from this. He fulfilled Solomn's dream of becoming human and let Beast I learn the wonders of human life with mortality AND diretcted events so Beast IV can be defeated. After all, Grand Order sees the defeat of three Beasts in 1 1/2 year.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Light of Humanity is a pretty good name for the lore theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

'Bestial nature' would be better than what you have now. Isn't that what writers normally go for when talking about that kind of thing?

Of those who died before the preliminary rounds Ran-Rii's Avatar
    In a way, God let everyone gain something from this. He fulfilled Solomn's dream of becoming human and let Beast I learn the wonders of human life with mortality AND diretcted events so Beast IV can be defeated. After all, Grand Order sees the defeat of three Beasts in 1 1/2 year.
    With a preparation time of over 1000 years since the death of nasuverse's historical Solomon, yeah. But then again we shouldn't think too hard about what God does.
    Why not summon a caster?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    I thought he was returning his ring so it was kind of like a divorce? Idk i just can't get the Solroman marriage theory out of my head.
    Camelot parallels
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran-Rii View Post
    With a preparation time of over 1000 years since the death of nasuverse's historical Solomon, yeah. But then again we shouldn't think too hard about what God does.
    Agree. Sometimes things just get stranger when you think about it.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually, it's not strange if you compare the Bible and Jewish traditional stories, more notoriously the legend of the Lesser Key that he allegedly made for guides on magic invocations.

The problem comes in the fact that the Old Testament God of the Bible punishes Israeli people for dabbling in magic rituals (and New Testament God still condemns people who knew "Satan's deep secrets"), yet Jewish traditional stories accept Solomon's making of the Lesser Key and Adam meeting Lilith as legit history.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Sylphonia's Avatar
    God has infinite prep-time

- - - Updated - - -

Story of Saul who came before David is an example of someone being punished for getting involved in magic or rituals instead of having faith.

http://biblehub.com/niv/1_samuel/28.htm

Gods with more then one function are more likely to become irrational, based on what Enkidu explained. Monotheistic deities must have it tough.

As far as magic goes, before Solomon, only people who were servants of gods could use magecraft. I assume Solomon throwing the rings back in Gods face and deteriorating the AoG had something to do with the whole switch, plus we know Solomon was the one who made a magecraft humans could use.

Biblical Solomon was no perfect saint of God, either. He ended up seduced by some of his many, many, many wives into setting up cults and temples for pagan gods, leading to the destruction of Israel of the upteenth time after Solomon died.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kingu
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Who knows. I mean it will be cool if God planned for everything, include the eventual deterioration and end of AoG as a form of trust in humanity, letting them reap what they sowed instead of governing over them.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    am still not sure whether Erik can always talk all along eloquently even with ME, or its really just Gunnhildr lifting the ME for him at SOlomon

I know she speaks through him in his interlude but--
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

was it ever cleared up which 'God' is talking to Jeanne and Solomon, by the way? Or do we just assume it's Akasha because it's just sitting at the top.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Is this the right word here? It sounds off but I'm no jp reader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I don't think it's a jp issue so much as MoC not being a native English speaker and therefore unaware that the common reading of that is going to be "fucking animals" and not man's inner beast.
    Well, that's embarrassing. Seems that I was so worried in being faithful to the original meaning that I didn't pay enough attention to this kind of double meaning. I'll have that fixed, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    I guess animality would work better?
    And now I have this mental-image of Goetia suddenly turning into a dragon, or something similar that might appear on Mortal Kombat.

Anyway, if you guys can see any other issues, please feel free to tell me.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Savagery is the word you're looking for

Beastliness maybe if you want to stay with the beast theme

Quote Originally Posted by Elish View Post
    was it ever cleared up which 'God' is talking to Jeanne and Solomon, by the way? Or do we just assume it's Akasha because it's just sitting at the top.
    Well, Saint Martha apparently met Jesus Christ, so unless he's now the son of Akasha it's likely they spoke to the Christian God.