Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    vlad interlude
    Spoiler:
    start with the game in reminisce mode, like an old movie screen. i think this is us communicating to him via dream
    basically vlad monologuing after we asked him about him and his anecdote
    to summarize, he basically said that the one existing here isnt the sovereign but the warrior
    he said he reeks of vice and doesnt have any noteworthy anecdote to boast about, he doestn doubt his love for god, but he said he had lose sight of that love

but then he remember one thing
    he said servant normally only dream their past, but here he dreamt of a woman. A woman who had tragedy befell upon her, who had her child stillbirth, and who had descended to madness afterward.
    a woman who then could only eat what she loved, but refused to do so until her death
    so a reiterating of RunRu from extra, but with more feels and atmosphere this time
    seeing that woman, vlad said he catch sight of the love that he had lost
    vlad said that if such woman exist, then its fine if he were to face hellfire once again.

cue in vlad being a badass in fuyuki
    at the very least the description make it so because he really sounds like a badass
    romani commented that this one lancer is sugoi, fighting with his armor as much as he fight with his spear
    i dont remember the specific but romani compared it with a...hedgehog?

anyway cue in fighting 29 skeleton and 1 shadow herc
    bonus immersion because i actually use vlad to rampage around and wow, he really can spam those stakes and NP with some stars.

after that vlad comment on how much the grail had fallen to corruption here, even if its the grail war
    apparently the reason we were there is because vlad wants to find something there
    vlad then comments on how there's should be something more here, born out of grail that is causing this, something he really doesnt like the feel of and wants to destroy
    romani comments on how he also wants to know why this place is keep on being ON FIRE
    he said that fuyuki grail is high quality magical nuclear reactor and worst case scenariothe whole place couldve blown up, yet its still just burning like this
    but anyway he said time's up, this singularity is a singularity that had its grail taken away, so soon the lingering maryoku will be used up

basically fuyuki is effing weird

romani apologize to vlad for having to end the search
    vlad says its fine. he also said that while romani has a glaring weakness, his struggle of small steps of labor of hardwork is something he valued. he wished that everybody is as diligent as roman, the world wouldve been better.
    now that's something i didnt thought i'd see.

cue in scene in chaldea
    we told roman of our dream in the beginning
    roman said that thats porbably a battle engraved to the soul of the HS Vlad.
    He said that " its fine if he were to face hellfire once again." is not necessarily a bad thing, because its the same as saying "its fine if he were to try to find light once again."
    ROmani also said something along the lines of why the woman doesnt fall is not because of some grand reason, but simply an innate human goodness which he believes in, now and in the past
    or smtg like that, i forgot the exact wording

anw gotta protecc that smile

also his prfile:
    Injustice and immorality. Betrayal and mistrust. Violence and atrocity.
    He is a military man, a defender of his country, who detest all of those vices, and for the sake of destroying them he fell to the path of beast.
    hHis armor is dulled by the blood of enemy soldiers,
    His cloak is wet with reds of the treacherous blood.
    The spear of purging that lament of men, is now the stake of death that judge human's weakness.

The name of that stake is Vlad III.
    He is a man who, in order to enforce justice, throws away all graces bestowed upon men.

better moonruners cmiiw
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Random thought reading a Reddit topic asking who Sita's silhouette is and if she's s lancer:

Going to giggle if Rama class changes to Saber to give Sita Archer and Sita also class changes to Lancer to give Rama Archer so they both deny their own natural class.

Worse still if she's a Saber too because she had the same thought he did.

Signature by fumato

JP Friend Code
    Gawain's interlude was cute and fun

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Going to giggle if Rama class changes to Saber to give Sita Archer and Sita also class changes to Lancer to give Rama Archer so they both deny their own natural class.
    It's like that story with the hair and the watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Gawain's interlude was cute and fun
    whats it about?
    dont have gawain of my own

JP Friend Code
    Basically you and Gawain go back to your room after finishing up your dailies only to find a old letter from Caesar that states that the payment period for all the ascension mats that you borrowed from him is up and according to the terms of the contract you will also have to pay interest alongside the base payment that you owe. Gawain is upset not only because you got scammed but also due to the fact that he delivered a large batch of mats to you already yet your storage is already nearly empty. He laments that is his fault as well and that he should've prepared a bigger dowry for you (how forward of him)

Since you are his Master, he will also have to share your burdens and together you go set Caesar on fire. In order to retrieve the mats that he sold to various customers you grab his list of clients and set off on reclaiming your loot.

The first customer is Mordred who complains that Gawain attacking her is cheating and that a true knight should wait till evening to fight fairly. Gawain says that fighting her makes him sad even though he is not Tristan.

next client is Bryn who needed hearts to make stew for her hubby, Siegfried is held hostage and constantly tries to get you to save him but Gawain thinks they are just a normal couple so he leaves to not disturb him

Bryn : "That smile....oh no i'm troubled...."

the other targets are Tamamo Cat and the Bronze Caster Trio but they don't get scenes so i guess they're not important

Gawain says that all the mats you gathered today weren't enough to replace the ones you got taken away from you but it's ok because you can always do dailies and gather more. And as long as he's by your side he'll work hard for you
    Last edited by Magikewl; October 4th, 2017 at 01:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

>head hunting bunny

is this a monty phyton reference

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    From just head hunting bunny, I think Shiki instead of Holy Grail due to that one CE, but I haven't watched Holy Grail in some time and not sure if what you posted in the scene in context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    vlad interlude
    Spoiler:
    start with the game in reminisce mode, like an old movie screen. i think this is us communicating to him via dream
    basically vlad monologuing after we asked him about him and his anecdote
    to summarize, he basically said that the one existing here isnt the sovereign but the warrior
    he said he reeks of vice and doesnt have any noteworthy anecdote to boast about, he doestn doubt his love for god, but he said he had lose sight of that love

but then he remember one thing
    he said servant normally only dream their past, but here he dreamt of a woman. A woman who had tragedy befell upon her, who had her child stillbirth, and who had descended to madness afterward.
    a woman who then could only eat what she loved, but refused to do so until her death
    so a reiterating of RunRu from extra, but with more feels and atmosphere this time
    seeing that woman, vlad said he catch sight of the love that he had lost
    vlad said that if such woman exist, then its fine if he were to face hellfire once again.

cue in vlad being a badass in fuyuki
    at the very least the description make it so because he really sounds like a badass
    romani commented that this one lancer is sugoi, fighting with his armor as much as he fight with his spear
    i dont remember the specific but romani compared it with a...hedgehog?

anyway cue in fighting 29 skeleton and 1 shadow herc
    bonus immersion because i actually use vlad to rampage around and wow, he really can spam those stakes and NP with some stars.

after that vlad comment on how much the grail had fallen to corruption here, even if its the grail war
    apparently the reason we were there is because vlad wants to find something there
    vlad then comments on how there's should be something more here, born out of grail that is causing this, something he really doesnt like the feel of and wants to destroy
    romani comments on how he also wants to know why this place is keep on being ON FIRE
    he said that fuyuki grail is high quality magical nuclear reactor and worst case scenariothe whole place couldve blown up, yet its still just burning like this
    but anyway he said time's up, this singularity is a singularity that had its grail taken away, so soon the lingering maryoku will be used up

basically fuyuki is effing weird

romani apologize to vlad for having to end the search
    vlad says its fine. he also said that while romani has a glaring weakness, his struggle of small steps of labor of hardwork is something he valued. he wished that everybody is as diligent as roman, the world wouldve been better.
    now that's something i didnt thought i'd see.

cue in scene in chaldea
    we told roman of our dream in the beginning
    roman said that thats porbably a battle engraved to the soul of the HS Vlad.
    He said that " its fine if he were to face hellfire once again." is not necessarily a bad thing, because its the same as saying "its fine if he were to try to find light once again."
    ROmani also said something along the lines of why the woman doesnt fall is not because of some grand reason, but simply an innate human goodness which he believes in, now and in the past
    or smtg like that, i forgot the exact wording

anw gotta protecc that smile

also his prfile:
    Injustice and immorality. Betrayal and mistrust. Violence and atrocity.
    He is a military man, a defender of his country, who detest all of those vices, and for the sake of destroying them he fell to the path of beast.
    hHis armor is dulled by the blood of enemy soldiers,
    His cloak is wet with reds of the treacherous blood.
    The spear of purging that lament of men, is now the stake of death that judge human's weakness.

The name of that stake is Vlad III.
    He is a man who, in order to enforce justice, throws away all graces bestowed upon men.

better moonruners cmiiw
    Didn't know Ru had a stillbirth, or that she refused to be a cannibal while she was alive(Though that contradict the mention she ate her parents). Though honestly we got nothing on Ru's background when you play Extra. Wonder if they explain more in the mats.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; October 4th, 2017 at 03:13 PM.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    The sweetest thing about Gawain's interlude was how the mats he brought were meant as a dowry.
    "Of course I bring mats, I'll be in your care, it's only proper to do so! What? The other's don't? They all come empty handed? They must not have any self-awareness as heroes."

Mordred was super cute.
    She was hoping to hire Caesar one day as the minister of finance, instead of Agravain, "that stingy miser". Since Caesar is so plump, he must eat good things, and be better at using money, she thought.
    Gawain scolds her, telling her to eat vegetables (read: potatoes), and as punishment, she's forbidden from eating anything else for a month. And no, ketchup doesn't count as vegetables.
    Mordred is like "oh my god my relatives are all so weird, and Gawain tries to act so older-brotherly when there aren't any other KotR around..."
    Gawain questions her why there is a missing Medal, when she shouldn't need any.
    When Guda gently tells her that "kings don't need medals", she's like "oh yeah, I want to be on the side that awards knights, so I'm not sad, even if I can't raise anything with this medal... "
    Gawain gives up, says "ah, I'll go on to collect those 10 hearts instead", and Mordred is like "whaaat I want those too!!"

Just thinking about how Caesar is awful because he casually forced Guda to accept one Hero Proof "because it's leftover", and he collected Golem Core x4, Heart x10, Knight Medal x2, Bone x20, Page x10, Seed x10 from that. Think about how much AP we'd need to farm that much mats.
    FGO Supports (Last Update: 2019-08 Anniversary)

Quotes

<dyingcomputer> canaki <dyingcomputer> is the embodiment of notes

Quote Originally Posted by canaki View Post
    I stick to my opinion of Shinjuku = Higashide, Agartha = Minase, Shimousa = Sakurai, Salem = Meteo

(Since I'm repeating this a lot)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Didn't know Ru had a stillbirth, or that she refused to be a cannibal while she was alive(Though that contradict the mention she ate her parents). Though honestly we got nothing on Ru's background in her background when you play Extra. Wonder if they explain more in the mats.
    from yamato wikia

赤い巻き毛におどけた表情の仮面、派手な衣装と、どこかのハンバーガー店のマスコットを思わせる道化師の衣 装を纏った、長身痩躯の女性。本人曰く、『レンレンバーガーのマスコットキャラクター』であり、「ランルー くん」という名も彼女の本名ではなく、そのマスコットキャラのものらしい。衣装はおどけた道化のものだが、 その双眸は蛇のようにぬらぬらと暗く光り、まるでぽっかりと開いた穴の奥から覗かれるようで、陽気とはほど 遠い。
    端的に言えば狂人であり、まともな会話は成立しない。「美味しいものを食べること」に並々ならぬ執着を見せ る。
    「Fate/EXTRA material」によれば、愛する赤ん坊を死産で失った時から正気ではなくなってしまったという。同書で は赤ん坊を抱いた素顔の彼女を見ることもできる。
    食人嗜好を連想させる描写が数多くされている。本人によれば「愛したものしか口にすることが出来ない」らし く、ペットの小鳥はおろか、両親や子供までも口にしてきたらしい。
    だだし、彼女の食人嗜好については婉曲な表現が多く、明言されている事実は少ない。ペットははっきりと「食 べた」と述べているが、両親や子供に関しては「大好き」「欲しくなった」「居なくなった」「無くなった」と 断片的に述べているだけであり、はっきりと食べたかどうかは明言していない。
    また、彼女の理解者である黒いランサーによれば「食べる食べると望みながら、その実、倒した相手を一口もし なかった」らしく、正気を失いながらもまだ人間として堕ちきってはいないらしいことが述べられており、どこ までが真実かは判然としない。
    なお、アリーナ探索中の戦闘で主人公がランサーに敗北した場合、苦悶に苛まれつつも主人公を食べようとする 。主人公の意識が途切れてしまうため、決定的な描写は行われない。
    聖杯戦争に参加した目的は「世界中の全てを大好きになり、美味しいもので満たされること」。
    ただこの願いは、「愛したものはもう食べてしまったので、もっと他のものが欲しい」ともとれるし、「愛した ものしか食べられないのに、今ある愛するものは食べてはいけないものだから、他の普通のものも好きになれる ようになって、今愛するものを食べずに済ませたい」ともとれる。真実は余人にはうかがい知れな い。
    from mats

Real name unknown.A Master who wears a clown costume. Nobody knows her real identity or origin.
    There is a rumor that she is a cannibal who consumes the bodies of the Masters she defeats.
    Why did you join in on the Holy Grail War? What do you want?
    Run Ru reveals nothing.
    Run Ru suffers from a form of anorexia where she can only eat things that she loves. She hasn’t taken in nutrients through her mouth in a long time.
    She is always burdened with the feeling of starvation, and one might guess that she is participating in the Holy Grail War in order to sate her hunger.
    …the fact that she is constantly starving goes to show that she doesn’t come to love things easily.
    Run Ru knows that true love for someone/something means that you would be willing to trade your life for them/it.
    That’s why Run Ru doesn’t love things easily.
    No matter how hungry, even if she is starving to the point where she is on death’s doorstep, she cannot compromise her values and never loves something temporarily in order to be able to eat it. It might seem contradictory, but there is no deception or lies in Run Ru’s heart, just pure love.

Depending on the protagonist’s choices, Run Ru is one of the possible opponents in the fourth round.
    Run Ru is completely unrelated to the main storyline of the Holy Grail War, but the theme of the fourth round is “battle with the oddballs.”
    Run Ru lost her beloved child while giving birth, and at that made her lose her sanity. She has been insane ever since.
    The protagonist encounters Run Ru after overcoming battles with friends, soldiers and weaklings. It is immediately clear that Run Ru is a crazed maniac that is a far shot from having any common sense.
    Is she strong because she is crazy?
    Or did her strength drive her crazy?
    Why did society give birth to someone so alien to human values? During their battle this is one of the few things that the protagonist will learn about Run Ru.

The sweetest thing about Gawain's interlude was how the mats he brought were meant as a dowry.
    "Of course I bring mats, I'll be in your care, it's only proper to do so! What? The other's don't? They all come empty handed? They must not have any self-awareness as heroes."

Mordred was super cute.
    She was hoping to hire Caesar one day as the minister of finance, instead of Agravain, "that stingy miser". Since Caesar is so plump, he must eat good things, and be better at using money, she thought.
    Gawain scolds her, telling her to eat vegetables (read: potatoes), and as punishment, she's forbidden from eating anything else for a month. And no, ketchup doesn't count as vegetables.
    Mordred is like "oh my god my relatives are all so weird, and Gawain tries to act so older-brotherly when there aren't any other KotR around..."
    Gawain questions her why there is a missing Medal, when she shouldn't need any.
    When Guda gently tells her that "kings don't need medals", she's like "oh yeah, I want to be on the side that awards knights, so I'm not sad, even if I can't raise anything with this medal... "
    Gawain gives up, says "ah, I'll go on to collect those 10 hearts instead", and Mordred is like "whaaat I want those too!!"

Just thinking about how Caesar is awful because he casually forced Guda to accept one Hero Proof "because it's leftover", and he collected Golem Core x4, Heart x10, Knight Medal x2, Bone x20, Page x10, Seed x10 from that. Think about how much AP we'd need to farm that much mats.
    Good god Caesar. Can't wait to do Gawain's interlude.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Extra Vlad actually sounds pretty cool. I think this is the first time I've liked him as much as Apoc Vlad.

JP Friend Code
    Love that even when Caesar was on fire he was still professional and refused to give us his customer's information

But Guda is right, Chaldea's economy is super messed up.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    from yamato wikia

from mats
    Thanks for the info, that gives me a way better understanding of Run Ru than what I originally got from the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Love that even when Caesar was on fire he was still professional and refused to give us his customer's information

But Guda is right, Chaldea's economy is super messed up.
    What stuff in Chaldea that isn't messed up already.

Also if were taking about economy I bet Da Vinci had a hand in it
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    ok tristan interlude is a pain in the ass

both reading and fighitng it

Blog Entries
    Tristan's interlude was really really good (with a hint about Morgan possibly being nearby to orchestrate it), but it was way too long to do a quick summary.

The fight is worth it, ganbare castor!
    FGO Supports (Last Update: 2019-08 Anniversary)

Quotes

<dyingcomputer> canaki <dyingcomputer> is the embodiment of notes

I stick to my opinion of Shinjuku = Higashide, Agartha = Minase, Shimousa = Sakurai, Salem = Meteo

(Since I'm repeating this a lot)

Blog Entries
    all this kanji

that im not used too

why do you knights use this words whyyyyy

i'd love to see castor reading gilgamesh's or tamamo's lines

Blog Entries