Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Who the heck would be the mind, does Eri and Ishtar have a third sibling there not telling us?
    Aphrodite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Well she's not possessing Extra Rin in the first place, they're both possessing regular Rin (or the Singularity F equivalent anyway)
    The Extra Rin thing is mostly said to explain her change in appearance, I think, but I do recall there being a BBD or something stating that they're just "different parts of Rin", but I don't remember it being any more specific than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    If the law cared about lolis Prisma Illya wouldn't have a movie.
    Doesn't the movie have far less loli content than the series?

the misogyny comes from the narrative demonizing 3 women who were victimized by men during their lifetimes and framing their feelings and actions as destructive and irrational.
    The majority of Nasuverse antagonists, regardless of genders, are all about going overboard and trying to fuck everyone up after rationalizing basically valid points gained from harsh personal experiences and then blowing them out of proportion to make everyone pay.

The problem with Sche is overplaying her fear of death part. In context, her reasoning is sound and perfect, having PTSD over trying to please and calm a tyrant and thus when unwillingly recorded, she would try to do something about it. The thing is, her character lacked the part where she muster the courage to face the tyrant even AFTER solving the singularity. People dislike her portrayal and the unfunny sexual jokes, feeling that it is degrading to a brave lady.
    Yeah, my main problem with Scheherezade, character-wise, is she doesn't mesh at all with the original story she's trying to match/come from. The Scheherezade from 1,001 Nights had actual nerves of steel, she was the kind of woman who could calmly sit down night after night narrating elaborate tales to this insane tyrant without ever losing her nerve. Had she been like the wreck she's portrayed as in Fate she'd have collapsed far before the midpoint.

It's like bringing Jeanne D'Arc in and then making her phobic of warfare. She doesn't have to like war, but she shouldn't lose her head when faced with it either.

Mash staring at D’eons chest and calling her gender weird is literally an act of transphobia
    Mashu was created in a closed environment, 'raised' by people who were magical-scientific conservative assholes, and as it is, it's a miracle she's as functional and nice as she is. I like the idea she may be close minded and thick about certain things because it makes sense considering her background and it prevents her from actually being the Mary Sue people will often accuse her of being.
    Last edited by OverMaster; December 11th, 2017 at 12:02 PM.

US Friend Code
    Mash looking at Deon and calling his gender weird is abit of an exaggeration. What was going on with this scene because Mash was surprised and confused seeing the curves Deon had in the maid outfit and was wondering if his skill was the cause of the transformation or something along those lines.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Ok I just finished rereading Agartha so here's my assessment. One, D'eons role in the jokes was being the tsukkomi to Astolfo, most of the gender ambiguous jokes was mostly Astolfo being Astolfo and D'eon getting dragged along with it trying to calm Astolfo down. Two, I read nothing about D'eon not being smooth or confident in his sexuality, in fact he seemed like the most level headed and serious of the party who was always taking your well being in account and trying to organize everyone to stay on mission.

Now for the rulers, while they do seem to be manhaters by their actions most of their dialogue and interactions are mostly just focused around their cities and philosophy of ruling, none of the rulers degrades or insults either men or the male characters about their gender and are focused on getting their philosophy across. Pent is a special case becasuse her narrative was mostly focused on her hatred tho with her pride as queen also being present. Her hatred tho is never focused on males because their males but more that she hates cowards and weaklings, saying that men who surrenders should be killed since they are not fit on serving the Amazons but those that had fought desperately, who continue to fight even with terrible injuries and fit to be used by them. So essentially she has a warrior mindset for all her views.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    one thing i found intereseting from eresh summary in the official page

the words on her description is 人間の魂を依り代にした, possessing human soul

whereas Ishtar's is just 人間を依り代にした, possessing human

i wonder if this was and is going to be significant
    I think it's because Eresh is the goddess who rules the underworld, she is capable of possessing the soul.

I forgot, but did we ever get an actual explanation for why Shiki is called a pseudo-servant, or rather who she's a pseudo-servant with? I assume not, considering I can't find anything on on previous pages here or JP wiki.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    IIRC she's a Pseudo-Servant of herself somehow
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Figured that was like the only proper explanation. But still nothing on how that happened or anything then, I guess.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    summonning via dreaming yo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Ok I just finished rereading Agartha so here's my assessment. One, D'eons role in the jokes was being the tsukkomi to Astolfo, most of the gender ambiguous jokes was mostly Astolfo being Astolfo and D'eon getting dragged along with it trying to calm Astolfo down. Two, I read nothing about D'eon not being smooth or confident in his sexuality, in fact he seemed like the most level headed and serious of the party who was always taking your well being in account and trying to organize everyone to stay on mission.

Now for the rulers, while they do seem to be manhaters by their actions most of their dialogue and interactions are mostly just focused around their cities and philosophy of ruling, none of the rulers degrades or insults either men or the male characters about their gender and are focused on getting their philosophy across. Pent is a special case becasuse her narrative was mostly focused on her hatred tho with her pride as queen also being present. Her hatred tho is never focused on males because their males but more that she hates cowards and weaklings, saying that men who surrenders should be killed since they are not fit on serving the Amazons but those that had fought desperately, who continue to fight even with terrible injuries and fit to be used by them. So essentially she has a warrior mindset for all her views.
    yeah i agree with most of this

i can see how peeps would interpret it the way magikewl did but i personally agree with this

agartha problems with me are more storytelling parts, not the story itself
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    The story concept itself is okay, generally being a lady with PTSD trying to do something about her being recorded unwillingly, and her inner fears made her create a world where women is superior unintentionally. It is how the story is told like castor said is the main problem. Remove most of the gender jokes, Fergus Lily's repetitive inner monologue, give Sche back some backbone (or at least return it back to her and show that she was once a brave lady in PTSD) and it should be fine.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    JP Friend Code
    Scheherazade's writing in the summer event cementing her as a Sumanai-tier meme characeter didn't help.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    everybody is meme character in summer event
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    everybody is meme character
    I fix for you
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hinode View Post
    Scheherazade's writing in the summer event cementing her as a Sumanai-tier meme characeter didn't help.
    she and Nito are OTP and it's official.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hinode View Post
    I thought summer was an improvement as it show her wits and wisdom in planning for every situation and making her way out and survive it, earning points since the writer decides to show and not tell.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    well, she does not have an alter yet is not her, maybe next year tho
    Better be Cuchulainn

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    myterious heroine x alter lily summer santa rider
    that has the longest name so it will be it

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    The "oh look at these convenient magic boxes down here at we almost literally landed on! what a wonderfully convenient plot device!" is the part of Agartha that I find the most obnoxious honestly. There's no shortage of other problems with it, but the plot doing something so shameless grates on me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    The "oh look at these convenient magic boxes down here at we almost literally landed on! what a wonderfully convenient plot device!" is the part of Agartha that I find the most obnoxious honestly. There's no shortage of other problems with it, but the plot doing something so shameless grates on me.
    The problem with that is it doesn't match Dahut's portrayal from before.