Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    the 記されておおって really threw me off desu

and even then nobukatsu's saint graph doesnt even form yet right
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Still waiting for Eastern vs Western swordsman fight.
    And they better not pull another Scathach vs Li

Blog Entries
    before he became one with his aneue i mean

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Izou isn't a sword saint, though?

Yeah, as an antagonist he's pretty much "that guy", and even as an ally he's Shinji, but actually useful in a fight. It's why I love him. He's basically in the wrong series. In a more traditional martial arts story he'd be a top-tier threat, but he's in the franchise where you can break the universe if you get good enough at swinging a sword.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially when other Samurai can break space to attack several times in THAT Exact moment, and another samurai who can summon demon to hit her enemy

If Gensai were here, he would have a super fast slash as his NP. It was told that his technique was so fast that allowed him to kill a person at noon in the middle of a city
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    before he became one with his aneue i mean
    w h e w
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    the 記されておおって really threw me off desu

and even then nobukatsu's saint graph doesnt even form yet right
    It seems that way cuz it specified Nobu's saint graph, so it's like Nobu's leftovers had Nobukatsu's data written onto it and then that saint graph changed into his cuz it was wrapped by his data.

Blog Entries
    nobukatsu's getting cuter and cuter

somebody help

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    The ultimate punchline for the Guda Guda saga would be for Nobukatsu to get in as a 5* with Nobu's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Especially when other Samurai can break space to attack several times in THAT Exact moment, and another samurai who can summon demon to hit her enemy

If Gensai were here, he would have a super fast slash as his NP. It was told that his technique was so fast that allowed him to kill a person at noon in the middle of a city
    Fake Koujirou reflects his swing off of the multiverse to turn it into multiple swings (and the version of him in Shimousa can make infinite reflections instead of the three swings max that bog-standard Koujirou can do).

Okita can cause reality to collapse around the tip of her sword by stabbing at the same spot three times simultaneously. Her Shukuchi is also at the level where it's practically space warping.

Hijikata can ignore anything less than an instantly fatal blow for a short time.

Musashi-chan can summon a Nioh as her Stand, and has a Mystic Eye that let's her literally cut away future possibilities until the future where she hits you is the only possible future that can happen... and we don't even know what kind of monster male Musashi is.

Munenori basically performs a slash so perfect you can't dodge it using normal means and Musashi-chan states he's at or around Sword Saint-level.

Izou... copies people, but none of their really good techniques. Okay...

Also, didn't know that about Gensai. Explains why Kenshin is all about the battoujutsu if the guy he's based on is supposed to be super fast on the draw.

nobukatsu's getting cuter and cuter

somebody help
    Just remember this Nobukatsu is really at least half Nobu, so it's just Nobu making him cuter?
    Last edited by G-Man; June 15th, 2018 at 05:24 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Feels like almighty manslaughterer Izou was born to get beaten by simple-ass farmer Sasaki after finding out he can't even copy the guy's basic moves
    Oh yeah doesn’t Kojirou’s third skill (Sense of Elegence if I am correct) makes it basically impossible for his sword to be read even if he does the same slash over and over again ?
    If that is the case it would be hilarious.
    Just imagine Izo being frustated to not able to see Kojiro’s swordmasnship even though Kojiro is doing the same movement.
    F/GO : Lunartic/721,560,670

Mordred is finally home.

Blessed is my luck.

I am at peace.

US Friend Code
    I don't think Izou's NP is that useless. It's lackluster but it has it's uses. It for one thing allows him to adapt really into any melee situation as he can switch to any fighting style to match his needs. He is very much like Inshun in that regard. Also something that should be noted him being able to copy an style he sees not only means he knows the strengths of it but also there weaknesses so it is useful in that front. Ultimately it not having a pinnacle technique is a drawback but how much depends after I read his man-slaughter skill. If it's like how it sounds then he sounds like he already is a master in just plain murder, so maybe he doesn't need something flashy for a guy who has an inherent advantage in killing humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah there's also his third skill as well. No.matter how I see it that does sound impressive just by the name
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Gensai is the guy Himura Kenshin, from Ruroni Kenshin, was based on. Funnily enough, the first major antagonist in RK was based on Izou, lol!
    Izou's second ascension outfit even looks like Jin-e in his getup.
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthizar View Post
    Izou's second ascension outfit even looks like Jin-e in his getup.
    Yup! It's amazing! Really am glad I got him. Just wish Okitalter had accompanied him.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    (and the version of him in Shimousa can make infinite reflections instead of the three swings max that bog-standard Koujirou can do).
    Wait really? I didn't hear about this.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Infinity versus Zero

- - - Updated - - -

It's not really inifite swings, but there are infinite possibilities within his swings

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I didn't think that actually meant infinite swords.

- - - Updated - - -

Sniped.

Infinity versus Zero

- - - Updated - - -

It's not really inifite swings, but there are infinite possibilities within his swings
    Oh, my bad. I completely misunderstood that scene then. I took it to mean no matter how you defended you would get cut, because his sword was/could be coming at you from any/every direction, which is why Musashi-chan's Mystic Eye was needed to fight him.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    It does mean that, but not literally. The sort of possibility contained in his style means that in a practical sense yes, no matter what you do, you'll get cut. It's a very esoteric, jidaigeki or wuxia thing. It's similar to how with Shirou, there's the possibility that he becomes EMIYA within him at all times, despite the fact that the Shirou we see does not actually turn into EMIYA.

It's taking that skill of his to the extreme, that you can't "read" his sword style because even when he's doing the same motion, there's infinite possibility within it. Conceptually, you have to defeat his "infinite possibilities" somehow.

Poetically, you could say that in UBW, that Kojirou lost because Saber used instinct to create another possibility that didn't exist and that only could exist because his sword was damaged. Musashi's way is by eliminating all other possibilities, sort of the reverse.

It does mean that, but not literally. The sort of possibility contained in his style means that in a practical sense yes, no matter what you do, you'll get cut. It's a very esoteric, jidaigeki or wuxia thing. It's similar to how with Shirou, there's the possibility that he becomes EMIYA within him at all times, despite the fact that the Shirou we see does not actually turn into EMIYA.

It's taking that skill of his to the extreme, that you can't "read" his sword style because even when he's doing the same motion, there's infinite possibility within it. Conceptually, you have to defeat his "infinite possibilities" somehow.

Poetically, you could say that in UBW, that Kojirou lost because Saber used instinct to create another possibility that didn't exist and that only could exist because his sword was damaged. Musashi's way is by eliminating all other possibilities, sort of the reverse.
    This is some seriously zen shit... Japanese swordsmen too stronk, pls nerf DW.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I don't think Izou's NP is that useless. It's lackluster but it has it's uses. It for one thing allows him to adapt really into any melee situation as he can switch to any fighting style to match his needs. He is very much like Inshun in that regard. Also something that should be noted him being able to copy an style he sees not only means he knows the strengths of it but also there weaknesses so it is useful in that front. Ultimately it not having a pinnacle technique is a drawback but how much depends after I read his man-slaughter skill. If it's like how it sounds then he sounds like he already is a master in just plain murder, so maybe he doesn't need something flashy for a guy who has an inherent advantage in killing humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah there's also his third skill as well. No.matter how I see it that does sound impressive just by the name
    a lot of strong servants dont need NPs to be super dangerous anyway

try fighting Li, Karna, Kojirou or Lancelot in melee.

good luck with that. i dont envy you

- - - Updated - - -

It does mean that, but not literally.
    the answer to every TM question or debate