Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    the former
    excellent
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I wouldn't think that's he would use it tho. That would be like Emiya trying to sword fight with Calabolg against Fergus. I mean from the description of his NP it says that he would get stronger as he observes more and more styles, so it's not like he's going to be fighting you as a copycat, but he's gonna do so as a guy who can switch styles at a whim keeping it unpredictable while using different sword techniques in conjunction to make no ways of attacks.
    his personality and abilities make him sound like he is Garou from OPM

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Too bad like Li says: Servants cannot grow, so it is a shame Izou wasted his talents.
    didnt the Extra Mooncell servants that stuck around for a long time actually get stronger or learn new tricks?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    excellent
    tfw your dragon gf hurls loogies on you in front of company

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    nice
    She totally was just healing you. She wasn't drooling in hunger, no sirree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

So Ryoma has Riding A+, which made me go WTF for a moment, and made me curious as to why he has that skill at such high value. But then I remembered that Martha also made me go WTF when I saw she had A++ in that skill, despite barely any anecdote that justified it (at least that I know of).

And it made me think that maybe, the reason they have those high values is because they have dragons as their NP and they can ride them. Because of that, by default their Riding skill lets them ride any dragon (or at least Martha is able to), and because they need a lot of skill to do so, their Riding skill is increased to levels that are clearly beyond what they're supposed to have so they're able to.

Kinda wish that they explained the exception Martha gets in her mats. Both Jeanne Alter and Quetzalcoatl sure received a good explanation as to why they can ride dragons, and it's a pity she was left aside in that explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    >O-Ryo's saliva has strong healing capabilities, and can apparently work on both humans and Servants. She used this to heal Guda of the bullet wounds she sustained at the beginning of the story.
    Ooooh, so that explains why the artist in the link below made this comic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...yijima_yuu_tl/

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    But then I remembered that Martha also made me go WTF when I saw she had A++ in that skill, despite barely any anecdote that justified it (at least that I know of).
    taming and then parading around a city on a dragon is a pretty big anecdote

But enough to give her a value that even surpasses Ozymandias? And one thing is parading it, the other is truly riding it with enough skill to make it usable for battle.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Preestablished in Fate lore was that at the top tier of Riding was the ability to ride dragons. It's a reverse thing: she doesn't have riding high enough that she can ride dragons, she rode a dragon so her skill reflects a higher rank to match it.

And the whole episode in myth is that she tamed it so well it didn't even fight back when people then decided to slaughter it. Yes, she's supposed to be so good it'd be like keeping a horse from being skittish, which is FUCKING HARD.

Although the actual Fate account of their meeting was more like Martha punches it, it be scared dun punch me more, okay now you and I are friends in the magical girl tradition of punching meaning friendship, but wait the people still hate me, yeah who cares.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Her riding skill is high enough to ride dragons because she actually rode a fucking dragon. Why is that not hard to understand?
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Preestablished in Fate lore was that at the top tier of Riding was the ability to ride dragons. It's a reverse thing: she doesn't have riding high enough that she can ride dragons, she rode a dragon so her skill reflects a higher rank to match it.

And the whole episode in myth is that she tamed it so well it didn't even fight back when people then decided to slaughter it. Yes, she's supposed to be so good it'd be like keeping a horse from being skittish, which is FUCKING HARD.

Although the actual Fate account of their meeting was more like Martha punches it, it be scared dun punch me more, okay now you and I are friends in the magical girl tradition of punching meaning friendship, but wait the people still hate me, yeah who cares.
    So basically, her association with Tarasque and the taming episode in her legend gave her that skill. Yeah, I see that happening.

I suppose it's the fact that when I think of Dragon Riders, I think of the typical anime character that can ride them around the sky after training a lot to do so. And when I come here, how Martha ends up with that skill ends up feeling really weird.
    Last edited by Oz1337; June 16th, 2018 at 07:42 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    here's hoping NA gives me punching queen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    So basically, her association with Tarasque and the taming episode in her legend gave her that skill. Yeah, I see that happening.

I suppose it's the fact that when I think of Dragon Riders, I think of the typical anime character that can ride them around the sky after training a lot to do so. And when I come here, how Martha ends up with that skill ends up feeling really weird.
    There's not really a lot of actual cases in real world myth and lore that actually account for dragon riding of pern dragon riding, because dragons are usually evil metaphors in the West and gods in the East. Martha and the Whore of Babylon are probably the only two that people will ever be able to think of off the top of their heads.

There's not really a lot of actual cases in real world myth and lore that actually account for dragon riding of pern dragon riding, because dragons are usually evil metaphors in the West and gods in the East. Martha and the Whore of Babylon are probably the only two that people will ever be able to think of off the top of their heads.
    Well, there can be also cases like Quetz, so maybe there's a lot more that we can think of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Some notes on the Imperial Grail War

Some neat stuff, Oryu sounds really strong. It's interesting that serious Nobu was because of the grail, I really wished she had ascension outfits. Nobukatsu being a part of Nobu as an IH follower is interesting, at least that opens the chances to see him again more seeing he not Servant material.

I wonder if we can ever have an Akechi Servant, his design sure is crazy. But from how it's looking he gonna be like Agravain yeah. Izou and Sakamoto seems cool, pity not much stuff on Moro as he was taken out by Li early. Well who knows if they ever decide to make a Ranmaru Servant maybe we will see him then tho I'd think Ranmaru would fit more in a position similar to Nobukatsu.
    ok, what is the forum where fallacies translates things in again? i ran into it once, but dont remember neither the forum or thread names
    Last edited by fire_mountain_30; June 16th, 2018 at 07:49 PM.

Quetz isn't a dragon rider in myth and history, Quetz is the dragon.
    I meant more about Servants that can ride dragons, not that they have the Dragon Rider skill or similar.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yes, but they're not going to easily come from myth. Your thing was that Martha didn't have an anecdote when she's really one of the few that does, so to be confused by her means you're really setting the bar high on being confused by anyone else.

It's pretty simple to give justification in Fate tho.

I'm pretty sure Fate Shirou has EX Dragon Riding.

Blog Entries
    Didn't Urobuchi originally want a dragon rider in Zero? I kinda remember someone here saying something like that.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Didn't Urobuchi originally want a dragon rider in Zero? I kinda remember someone here saying something like that.
    It was yes, they wanted it to be in place of the Lancelot jet scene.

Again the problem was that there wasn't really any good candidates for a classic dragon rider.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Ah I just realized but Akechi looking over him gives me the image of a fusion between Gilles and Proto-Mordred. Abilties and role more on Gilles, personality on Mord. Well that sure is something scary
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here