Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    And what do we know about hypothetical Charlotte Corday that makes her a 100% certainty that we didn't know about Caster Skathach?
    See Hen Ichi's post, plus she was known as the Angel of Assassination, and that servant has a small, angel-like familiar.

It may not be 100% but it's at least 99%.

Who did she kill?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    You mean like Skadi was definitely Aife?
    How is that even the same? People said Aife because they didn't literally want Scat again, but because she still literally looks like Scat. And lo and behold, it was Scat!
    Meanwhile, you have Napoleon and the like appearing here. They haven't exactly established a track record of "hard to guess identity based on appearance" here.

So in the trailer you have a girl dressed in an old-fashioned biege dress, a tophat, wielding a regular kitchen knife, and accompanied by what looks like some sort of mini angel-like thing.
    Then you have Charlotte Corday, a girl often portrayed in her biege dress, sometimes a tophat, who is famous for killing someone with a regular kitchen knife, and was literally nicknamed the "Angel of Assassination".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Who did she kill?
    https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Jean-Paul_Marat
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyfishMarine View Post
    Pseudo-servant Charlotte Corday in Ayaka's body because, why not?

-------------------------------------

This makes me wonder; if there's another planet with civilization (outside our solar system), would that planet also has to undergo the alternate world pruning?
    If it's for the sake of energy management as implied in Extella then this phenomenon should be universal?
    In CCC Gil actually transports to a different planet with Hakuno, IIRC.

Blog Entries
    Anyway, Skadi is really just using Scath's body since the personality is really different. I know some will argue against this of course.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Anyway, Skadi is really just using Scath's body since the personality is really different. I know some will argue against this of course.
    well she refers other scathath as 'me' in my room lines.

Nah it's Pseudo Servant Ai-chan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Yeah, but I still see them as different person.

JP Friend Code
    only people with massive amounts of denial and brain rot actually thought it was aife instead of scatty lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    only people with massive amounts of denial and brain rot actually thought it was aife instead of scatty lmao
    Yeah, they probably aren't ever going to add Aife. Her main claim to fame is being Scat's rival (one whom even Scat was afraid to face in some versions), and FGO made Scat way too overhyped for that. Plus, the whole mess with Cu and Connla.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Her personality is much different to Scathach. She refers to the other Scathach merely because they share the same appearance. Otherwise it's pretty much Skadi in Scathach's body

Blog Entries
    I like how the mess with Cu and Connla is addressed in FGO with Cu actually grumbling that Scatha went too far sending the kid to his death. He is equally harsh in his critique of Scatha, pointing out her soul is dead and rotten thanks to living too long.

US Friend Code
    Her personality is much different to Scathach. She refers to the other Scathach merely because they share the same appearance. Otherwise it's pretty much Skadi in Scathach's body
    Actually I think they refer to her last like that because she’s literally her other self, more then just appearance they are linked in being, or at least that’s how her profile makes it seem.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Skadi's line is pretty much parody of popular meme in Japan.

her saying 'other me' is joke obviously.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Actually I think they refer to her last like that because she’s literally her other self, more then just appearance they are linked in being, or at least that’s how her profile makes it seem.
    Huh? The profile seems trying hard to point out Scatha=Skadi is Skadi with some Scatha mixed in and not other self though.

US Friend Code
    I like how the mess with Cu and Connla is addressed in FGO with Cu actually grumbling that Scatha went too far sending the kid to his death. He is equally harsh in his critique of Scatha, pointing out her soul is dead and rotten thanks to living too long.
    Thats kinda inaccurate tho. In og myth it was Cu who gave Connla the harsh geas and conditions he followed which lead to his death. I’m pretty sure this was the same as HA. Scathachs fault in this can be pretty much summed up in Connla’s last words in the HA flashback, that she didn’t tell him about Cu’s Gae Bolg. That’s how it was in HA anyway.

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Thats kinda inaccurate tho. In og myth it was Cu who gave Connla the harsh geas and conditions he followed which lead to his death. I’m pretty sure this was the same as HA. Scathachs fault in this can be pretty much summed up in Connla’s last words in the HA flashback, that she didn’t tell him about Cu’s Gae Bolg. That’s how it was in HA anyway.
    Even in HA, Cu is pretty accepting that he killed Connla due to the harsh geas and conditions he gave, but his beef is Scatha sending the kid to him without telling him about Gae Bolg which is too much. Also because Scatha trained Coonla to test Cu which is a little too much.

US Friend Code
    Huh? The profile seems trying hard to point out Scatha=Skadi is Skadi with some Scatha mixed in and not other self though.
    Im not talking about personality, those are different. Its there very beings and legends. I’m pointing out there is a link between the two and that it’s not just appearence because Skadi is using Scathachs body. I’m talking about this.
    . Many of the traits of Skadi(Skathi) - the Norse giantess, goddess of mountains who shares the same origins as the Celtic heroine Scathach - have emerged.
    and this
    In this work, Scathach and Skadi are not completely the same existence, but rather takes an "intermingled" interpretation in which they have a mutual influence on each other.
    In a sense, it is probably due this mixture (syncretism​) that Lancer Scathach inherited the original runes possessed by the Great God Odin.
    they are separate existences and yet they possess a shared link. They are like Sigurd and Siegfried except they are more different and yet more connected to eachother at the same time.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; August 2nd, 2018 at 10:39 AM.

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    How is that even the same? People said Aife because they didn't literally want Scat again, but because she still literally looks like Scat. And lo and behold, it was Scat!
    Meanwhile, you have Napoleon and the like appearing here. They haven't exactly established a track record of "hard to guess identity based on appearance" here.

So in the trailer you have a girl dressed in an old-fashioned biege dress, a tophat, wielding a regular kitchen knife, and accompanied by what looks like some sort of mini angel-like thing.
    Then you have Charlotte Corday, a girl often portrayed in her biege dress, sometimes a tophat, who is famous for killing someone with a regular kitchen knife, and was literally nicknamed the "Angel of Assassination".

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Jean-Paul_Marat
    Thanks, since the Lostbelt's history is different from regular history, it could be possible that just like Anastasia that was just famous for just dying, she could be a Heroic Spirit too in a Lostbelt.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Even in HA, Cu is pretty accepting that he killed Connla due to the harsh geas and conditions he gave, but his beef is Scatha sending the kid to him without telling him about Gae Bolg which is too much. Also because Scatha trained Coonla to test Cu which is a little too much.
    I know, im not criticizing that. I’m just pointing out what you said earlier isn’t completely true in a literal sense.

Cu both respects Scathach and is harsh on her faults. He regrets he couldn’t deliver her wish and feels sympathy for her, best example of this is with his relationship with Bazett in HA which was mostly fueled by this regret. At the same time he aware of how bad of a state Scathach is in which he finds its not okay, which further establishes his regret. This is most clear in his line to her in the mats.
    The teacher that I respect...but, "this woman, is it ok as it is?" Though my worries are a secret. If she finds out I'll be torn into 8 pieces.

anywhere than here