Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Marros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimordialRune View Post
    I've read that Altera is too a Valkyrie but i'm not too sure about that, that's why i asked
    Extella Spoilers Incoming

Spoiler:
    The Valkyries were created by Odin from the body of the White Titan Sefar, also known as Altera. So Altera's either their oldest sister or maybe their mom?

US Friend Code
    I'd go with sister if you're going to give it a familial term, since in the real world myth Attila is Brynhildr's brother which I'm sure is where their connection in Fate was inspired from.

Contrast that with the Nibelungenlied, where instead Attila is Kriemhild's second husband after Siegfried dies. That also came up in one of either Fried's or Altera's interludes.

US Friend Code
    Actually in the Volsung Saga Kriemhild(or Gudrun as she's known there) also marries Attila(known there as Ati). She also murders him, so yeah.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just finished Danzo's interlude
    so Murasama is a counter guardian?

Caster Limbo
    「憎き新免武蔵の姿はなし。
    あの滑稽極まる、いえ、皮肉極まる抑止の守護者もなく。

So would that mean he's
    Among the Heroic Spirits, there are those from legends, those that really existed, and those that were never observed at all. The ones who aren't worshipped much fall under the broad classification of “Counter Guardian,” and are used as a mindless “Counter Force.”
    which is weird because he's not supposed to be a HS.
    Guess we'll find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Wasn't that already mentioned in Shimousa when Muramasa talked to Satanic Amakusa? That he is an agent of the counter force summoned here to kill his target that is Amakusa or something.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Wasn't that already mentioned in Shimousa when Muramasa talked to Satanic Amakusa? That he is an agent of the counter force summoned here to kill his target that is Amakusa or something.
    In Shimousa it seemed like he was a Ryoma
    Here Caster Limbo seems to be implying he's an Okita Alter
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    In Shimousa it seemed like he was a Ryoma
    Here Caster Limbo seems to be implying he's an Okita Alter
    Yeah he did said that heroic spirits summoned as CGs should not have any personalities which makes them different from servants, while he doesn't know the actual target until he saw Amakusa and still has his own free will, meaning he's probably like Ryouma. But upon reading discussions I was under the impression that he has the same problem like Karna in Extella, who was summoned as Top Servant but did not know his target until Jeanne told him. So Muramasa could have been a CG summoned but for some reason did not know his target and was not brainwashed like Kerry. I did not think of the similarities to Okita Alter tho.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marros View Post

Spoiler:
    The Valkyries were created by Odin from the body of the White Titan Sefar, also known as Altera. So Altera's either their oldest sister or maybe their mom?
    how is this extella spoilers
    this does not came up in extella and extella has zero mention of valkyries afaik

i dont think even bryn's 2nd interlude directly said the valkyries are created literally from sefar's body. altera only said "if, perhaps, i do have role in your creation"

tldr pretty sure this is only a fan inference, a theory, and not a factual quotation albeit not necessarily untrue
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Kinda weird, since in Altera's interlude she and Brynhildr don't seem to recognize each other. Likewise, Altera knows Siegfried and Kriemhild, while Brynhildr attacks her because she senses a presence similar to Sigurd's coming from Altera. Mashu also explains it's a misunderstanding from Brynhildr noting that they are different people sharing the same origins

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord C View Post
    Kinda weird, since in Altera's interlude she and Brynhildr don't seem to recognize each other. Likewise, Altera knows Siegfried and Kriemhild, while Brynhildr attacks her because she senses a presence similar to Sigurd's coming from Altera. Mashu also explains it's a misunderstanding from Brynhildr noting that they are different people sharing the same origins
    Apparently she sensed a presence similar to Gudrun in Altera, because Altera was Kriemhild's husband.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    The Valkyries also have lines for Altera, for reference:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortlinde
    This feeling...somehow, it feels nostalgic... However, it is different from my sisters' presence... Is this some kind of hallucination? (If you have Altera or Altera the Santa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilde
    Sensing wavelength. Synchronization impossible. Locating identical bodies failed. ...How weird~. I thought a comrade was here, but it seems like I was completely mistaken.(If you have Altera or Altera the Santa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrud
    This wavelength is... No, wrong. You are not a Valküre, but then how can this... (If you have Altera or Altera the Santa)
    (Translations by reddit.)

Brynhildr Romantia~ PrimordialRune's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Marros View Post

Spoiler:
    Yeah, i've also heard about that buf as i remember is not confirmed yet (?)
    But i think it'll makes sense, just makes me think that Altera in her first interlude when sees Bryn didn't recognize her as her sister, but instead talks about kriemhild.
    The Santa one seems instead to recognize her as her sister (Maybe because she's more human? idk) but i can't tell since i don't undesrtand japanese and i didn't fine anywhere translations about that here or on reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    how is this extella spoilers
    this does not came up in extella and extella has zero mention of valkyries afaik

i dont think even bryn's 2nd interlude directly said the valkyries are created literally from sefar's body. altera only said "if, perhaps, i do have role in your creation"

tldr pretty sure this is only a fan inference, a theory, and not a factual quotation albeit not necessarily untrue
    So Altera didn't recognize Bryn as her sister but she talks about that possibility? Have i understood correctly?
    Could you briefly summarize what happens in that interlude?

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    The Valkyries also have lines for Altera, for reference:
    (Translations by reddit.)
    Hmm, that could be a hint then, has Altera maybe forgotten the Valkyries due to a loss of memory maybe?

JP Friend Code
    Altera’s 2nd interlude was released during that period of time where the writers were all like “Who is this girl?!?!11!?” in order to entice people to buy Extella to get the full story so they had Bryn going cray cray and Altera herself being super vague about her past. This is probably why they didn’t interact that much in the interlude

In Bryn’s 2nd interlude Bryn isn’t even there for most of it so it’s mostly just Mash and Chaldea gang musing out loud about Altera and Bryn’s relationship

But yes they are sisters and Altera is an honorary Valkyrie (please don’t take this literally and turn it into some weird powerlevel thing)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    So you're saying that the Valks saw the Altera route in Extella and sighed disapprovingly
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean at this point obviously altera has connections with the valkyries

Thats not to say hey guys valkures are carved from flesh molding of the titan's corpse, literally

I meam its not impossible theyd go with that direction but thats not an established fact either

- - - Updated - - -

Inb4 wiki already got edited
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    Actually checking. The wiki didn't even had that down. Or even a connection between Altera and the Valkyries. which I guess is because it wasn't mentioned in the main story.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    How many people here that have power to change wiki?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i think everyone does because its a wiki

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I just changed someone's gender for kicks so I assume "everyone" won't include me for long.

(good children, do not do this)

- - - Updated - - -

(just to be clear I did not actually do that and you shouldn't either)
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I mean at this point obviously altera has connections with the valkyries

Thats not to say hey guys valkures are carved from flesh molding of the titan's corpse, literally

I meam its not impossible theyd go with that direction but thats not an established fact either

- - - Updated - - -

Inb4 wiki already got edited
    I think the reason ppl speculate that Odin used the corpse of Sefar is due to the whole stuffs about things coming from the body of the original titan Ymir and flame giants born from
    Muspelheim
    Surtr's body
    . It just goes well with the theme, despite not being confirmed to be the case. Then fanon getting spreaded all over the place.