Page 3159 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2159265930593109314931543157315831593160316131643169320932593659 ... LastLast
Results 63,161 to 63,180 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I see. Perhaps he didn't choose a more obvious term to avoid implying FGO specifically is the proper history? Pan does make it immediately clear that FGO is not alone and so worlds like Extra and KnK could apply.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    But of course, this could be not a lore-related name choice at all, just a name picked to suit Cosmos in the Lostbelt's core theme of "don't think you're the only right one".
    We don't have to think when they keep showing it to us.

US Friend Code
    It was always a bit odd to me that it was called pan-human, since you'd think the meaning of "pan-human" would also encompass the Lostbelts, seeing as they're inhabited by humans. But knowing it's just as strange in Japanese and isn't just a weird translation that stuck has it make a bit more sense.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    It was always a bit odd to me that it was called pan-human, since you'd think the meaning of "pan-human" would also encompass the Lostbelts, seeing as they're inhabited by humans. But knowing it's just as strange in Japanese and isn't just a weird translation that stuck has it make a bit more sense.
    They're always inhabited by humans... but humans are never the dominant species. So I guess it's not their history?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Hermes is also a son of Zeus, who's to say he even existed in LB5's timeline to begin with?
    Because Apollo and Artemis and Athena and Hephaestus all exist
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Hermes and Dionysius are like gen 3? The chances are Olympus went full mecha before they had a chnce to be born.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Like GE said, Hermes came after them, so maybe Zeus didn't get to father him in this timeline.

Blog Entries
    No reason other than "no one has a clue why they picked this word specifically". Honestly, Pan-human History is a translation that captures all this nuance without me needing to explain anything.汎 is the prefix used in words like panpsychism, pantheism, pan-European, panlogism, etc. That is, the prefix indicating something as generically applicable to all purpose. Seeing the definition of Pan-human History as "the correct history", the most logical route would be calling it Proper Human History like NA did. And yet Nasu picked a name with a meaning to closer to "human history in a broader sense". It's a curveball choice to avoid picking the low-hanging fruit, so there's clearly an intention behind it, but no one is taking any good guesses to what this intention is. But of course, this could be not a lore-related name choice at all, just a name picked to suit Cosmos in the Lostbelt's core theme of "don't think you're the only right one".
    tbh I just assumed he chose it because when you put 汎 next to 人類 it looks kind of like 凡人 and that seems like the sort of tortured word joke Nasu would like to make
    Last edited by Mcjon01; February 8th, 2020 at 06:11 AM.

Why not both.

i wouldn’t put it past him to think of lore and meaning to fit the word jokes.

Maybe FGO is all dictated by puns you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Maybe ''the entirety of the Nasuverse'' is all dictated by puns you never know.
    ftfy

JP Friend Code
    So, what're the odds we'll go back to Antarctica for the finale?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    65% Chaldea Prime, 30% Fuyuki, 5% Area 51.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    they need to take back Chaldeas so they have to go back.

US Friend Code
    I'd personally bet on Fuyuki more.

JP Friend Code
    Or even better, Goetia will send us back in time right in the middle of the siege of Chaldea

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    So since crack dealing is apparently what I do now, here's some more

But the replies are also somewhat interesting. One of them mentions Daoloth, who is interesting because "One request that can be made to Daoloth, magically contained, is to view things as they really are, not as our veiled senses perceive them."
    Another mentions that they think his sphere might be the shining trapezohedron which was used to communicate with Nyarlathotep, but I kinda doubt that one, especially because if Holmes is related to a lovecraft god here, I doubt he'd step on another character's identity.
    But yet another one mentions Shub-Niggurath, and this has some interesting stuff. For one, she appears in a story called "The Moon Lens", which is about an artifact called the Moon Lens which serves as some gateway or whatever to summon gods, you know the usual stuff. Anyway, apparently there are 13 such lenses (or 13 lenses part of the whole thing), and Holmes has 13 lenses. There's also the fact that the activation of the Moon Lens is described as a "pillar of white flesh supported by countless legs, with countless eyes and a huge beak at its top", which I guess they're trying to link to the image of Holmes sitting on the sphere as it unfolds, but I think that's stretching the imagery a bit too far.
    But either way, Shub-Niggurath is the guardian of the Moon Lens, and another interesting thing pointed out along with this is that they can take the form of a human man, who the Great God Pan (a story which inspired lovecraft) is an incarnation of. Both this syncretism and the fact that Shub-Niggurath is called the "Black Goat" has obviously already made people make the connection to Satan as well. But the way this relates to Holmes is because in some event (I don't remember which, but I think it's Halloween?) Moriarty had a line for him that's something along the lines of "why did you get to be such a good looking guy, seriously!?" or whatever, and I know some people have previously taken this to actually mean that Holmes looks different (better) as a servant than he did in life, and this is interesting because the offspring of Shub-Niggurath in their human form are said to be very beautiful people "easily able to dominate the mind of others".

So there's that. Or if you don't want quite that much crack I think the first tweet alone says a lot, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh nevermind actually, seems like the ikemen thing might be because of the new profile section for Moriarty, but that part doesn't really lend itself to the above interpretation so yeah.

Speaking of Moriarty's interlude though, I've seen a lot of people suspect weird stuff even more because of something to do with change in first person pronouns and how this is specifically related to Moriarty's character, can someone fill me in on what that's all about?
    Shubb-Niggurath is "The Black Goat With a Thousand Young." Insofar as lovecraftian entities have genders, it's definitely a female, and it devouring the world with its progeny is a big part of its lore. I doubt Holmes is connected to a Foreigner at all, but if he is this isn't the one.

(And yes, I knew that before reading Ane Naru Mono thx)
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Insofar as lovecraftian entities have genders, it's definitely a female)
    All the female Foreigners are associated with male deities

just sayin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    I think assigning gender to eldritch deities is a pretty dumb concept, anyway.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    I think assigning gender to eldritch deities is a pretty dumb concept, anyway.
    You can't say that they're genderless either. Not with certainty anyway. Not until we've proven that they either have one or both sexual organs. Or none. :shrug:

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?