Page 426 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 3263764164214244254264274284314364765269261426 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,520 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Grand Heroes are unrelated, that part is about saving the world from a great yet-unspecified threat. (hints of Primate Murder)

Remember that Andersen realizes from his research that Heroic Spirit Summoning and Holy Grail War (magic machine for magi) are originally two unrelated rituals, just that the former got re-purposed to power the latter. Like, what actual reason is there to summon seven superheroes to fight each other just to start a mana machine, it makes no sense right?

And what Siriel said, it's more that the copies are always flawed and incomplete because they don't have access to the whole plan or the right components. To continue your example, you can write a thesis and look at Wikipedia for reference, that's fine, but for your actual citation you need to find the source that Wikipedia is basing its entry on and use that.

also Andersen observes that it was just too convenient for all of the info about Fate's base premise to be in one place for you to discover, and that a mysterious benefactor probably collected it to help us. Another new question in London.
    @Dr.ロマン
    カルデアスとシバを使って、紀元前1000年の地球を観測してみる。

@マシュ
    ……いいのですか?

@マシュ
    シバで観測できる範囲は西暦までで、紀元前以上に遡ると精度が落ちるはずです。

@マシュ
    必要な魔力も電力も膨大なモノになります。今のカルデアにそこまでの備蓄は------

@Dr.ロマン
    そこはそれ、裏方の意地でなんとかするよ。魔力に関しては協力者のあてもあるしね。

@マシュ
    協力者……?外部からの協力者は望めないのでは?

@フォウ
    フォーウ!

@Dr.ロマン
    え? あ、うん、ごめん、ボクの勘違いだ。ダ・ヴィンチちゃんの隠し財産でなんとかするよ。

@Dr.ロマン
    とにかく、キミたちは疲れを癒やしてくれ。次は第四の特異点------いよいよ折り返しだ。
    Maybe I'm just overthinking it but I found it incredibly suspicious that he let that slip then took it back and changed the subject right after Four spoke up.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    oh Tesla's Perkunas Ladder is kinda like the Hollow Ataraxia ladder isn't it?
    Stairway to heaven for final boss kinda type deal.

Just that he's not the final boss but good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Grand Servants could only actually be Six members and are the dark six./Six Sisters, discuss.
    maybe your six Grand Servants kill Solomon permanently in some way and they go from the 7 Grand Servants to 6 Sisters,or maybe Grand Assassin is so good that his existence cant even be acknowledged(some ability like super Information erasure) so people think its 6 Sisters instead of 7

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    What Kintoki and Tamamo does? And why they were late to the party?

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    oh Tesla's Perkunas Ladder is kinda like the Hollow Ataraxia ladder isn't it?
    Stairway to heaven for final boss kinda type deal.

Just that he's not the final boss but good enough.
    What's with the random lancer alter anyways? Kintoki and tamamo was pretty sudden, but lancer alter takes the cake for random appearance.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Maybe I'm just overthinking it but I found it incredibly suspicious that he let that slip then took it back and changed the subject right after Four spoke up.
    Dr. Sol Roman.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    What's with the random lancer alter anyways? Kintoki and tamamo was pretty sudden, but lancer alter takes the cake for random appearance.
    "Oh no this chapter is about Mordred and we forgot dad."
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    I don't think Roman is evil, I just think he's secretly been in contact with Merlin this whole time, aka マギ☆マ(ー)リ(ン).

JP Friend Code
    I don't think Roman is evil, I just think he's secretly been in contact with Merlin this whole time, aka マギ☆マ(ー)リ(ン).
    Did you read my mind?

Anyway, Nasu has new post on his blog.

Some random conversation between Sakura and Hans I think.
    FGO ID JP: 092237557

Support List

*Placeholder Image*

Check my supports using my ID

Blog Entries
    What if Dr. Roman was the first Servant summon, and he was lying/blissfully unaware the whole time?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Zolgen was gunning for either tesla or lancer alter. He got both.
    Tamamo is more random.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Zolgen was gunning for either tesla or lancer alter. He got both.
    Tamamo is more random.
    Hmm, but she didn't appear with tesla and just suddenly appeared after tesla was beaten? I just felt like it undermined tesla, by appearing after he got beat to fight us and then just quickly dissapearing after that.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Sakurai was force to write about her by Takeuchi so she was put in a corner somewhere and forgotten until the very last second.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Tamamo appeared in the story so she can be added to the gacha.
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Why is Roman so moe?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadfish View Post
    Andersen: The summoning of Heroic Spirits is the summoning of the Counter Force, and the Counter Force is what ensures that mankind continues. They appear in seven vessels to strike down a single foe. Who is this foe you ask? Could it be more obvious? A disaster that threatens our world, humanity’s world! An avatar of the end that will destroy not the planet but humanity, destroy the civilization that we have built! Born from civilization but a devourer of civilization, it’s none other than an apotheosis of our own doing. And summoned to defeat it are those who stand at the pinnacle of all Heroic Spirits.

Solomon: Yes, the seven Heroic Spirits are heavenly emissaries sent to destroy a certain evil. The seven greatest knights of that era who protect the foundations of humanity. The original seven at the pinnacle of heroic spirits. The invocation ritual of Heroic Spirit summoning was originally magic used in a decisive battle to save the world of humanity. The thing that depreciated it so it could be used at human convenience is your summoning system, the Holy Grail War.

Mordred: You’re telling me we’re second fiddles to you!?

Andersen: Don’t let him goad you, Mordred. It’s not a matter of rank. It’s the vessel, the authority that he’s given. He’s nothing more than a Heroic Spirit in a greater vessel than ours. If we’re weapons used against individuals, he’s a weapon used against the world. He’s at the peak of Heroic Spirits having the same attribute. In other words, he’s a Servant with a Grand vessel.

Solomon: Yes, I must commend you for arriving at the truth! I am indeed the king of kings, the Caster of Caster! Thus I grant you the right to hail me as Grand Caster, Solomon the King of Magic!

Dr. Roman: Did you say Grand class!? Are you saying that you’re a Heroic Spirit chosen by the Root!?

(think I'll try doing the whole scene later)
    Hm. So, is Solomon is so powerful, because he is in Grand Vessel, or he is so powerful that he can be summoned only in Grand Vessel? Andersen seems to be implying the former, but the way Solomon is talking about it...

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Hm. So, is Solomon is so powerful, because he is in Grand Vessel, or he is so powerful that he can be summoned only in Grand Vessel? Andersen seems to be implying the former, but the way Solomon is talking about it...
    Solomon is so kickass at magic that he made himself into a Heroic Spirit that can operate independently after death with no Master over him. He wasn't summoned.

In fact he lords it over the rest of us lowly Masters and Servants quite a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    Why is Roman so moe?
    because he's Nasu.

not even kidding, read Red Dragon and compare Nasu/Swallow's dialogue to Roman

I am not really sure why are people hung over HGW to be weaker version of original ritual. Zouken and co would have to be insane to summon full power grand servant wage war against each other and even insaner to believe they can control them via puny command spells. There would be no one left to use wish granting machine after it ends.

It's like complaining to gas stove maker and call him failure, because temperature doesn't match to Apollo program rockets...
    Last edited by Tenzen12; December 31st, 2015 at 05:39 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Solomon is so kickass at magic that he made himself into a Heroic Spirit that can operate independently after death with no Master over him. He wasn't summoned.

In fact he lords it over the rest of us lowly Masters and Servants quite a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

because he's Nasu.

not even kidding, read Red Dragon and compare Nasu/Swallow's dialogue to Roman
    Well, I am trying to understand, if theoritically you will be able to put regular Heroic Spirits into Grand Vessels, would they be on the same scale with him or not? Or if Solomonis put into normal vessel, will he retain his brokeness or it would scaled down?

Andersen think it's the vessel that make Solomon so powerful. But you can also think it's because he's so pwerful that he's put into the Grand vessel.

And yeah the summoning HS and fighting each others part of a HGW was a farce to begin with anyway. There's no way they'd allow summon thing like Grand Servant