Page 551 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 5145150154154654955055155255355656160165110511551 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,020 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Blog Entries
    I dunno, you can probably get fresher

Like In vitro.

Thanks for the translation, Mew.

Words can’t describe how good it feels to rob sobbing players of their blodo ans sweat.
    Should that be "blood and sweat"?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    oh, yeah haha. Thanks for the catch.

I need to do another pass of the script anyway because I remember some parts that could have been written better.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Thanks mew for indulging me!
    I hope we get more info with other pseudo servants, Waver's profile said there'd be more.

:V

Blog Entries
    Sorry, this took me a while. Anyway, here are the translations of the latest profiles...

Brynhildr
    北欧の大神オーディンの娘、戦乙女ワルキューレのひとり。北欧神話に於ける悲劇の女。
    『ヴォルスンガ・サガ』において大英雄シグルドの運命の相手であるシグルドリーヴァと同一視される戦乙女で あり、
    古エッダ『シグルドリーヴァの歌』『ブリュンヒルドの冥府への旅』でも同様にシグルドと恋に落ちるワルキュ ーレとして語られている。

身長/体重:172cm・52kg
    出典:北欧神話
    地域:欧州
    属性:中立・善   性別:女性
    『ヴォルスンガ・サガ』、古エッダの『グズルーンの唄』『シグルズの短い歌』等ではアッティラ 王(アトリ王 )の妹とされる。

物静かで献身的。穏やかな微笑みに寂しさが混ざる、薄幸の戦乙女。
    ワルキューレの長姉として神霊の身であった頃には自我の薄い「人形」のように振る舞っていたものの、父たる 大神の怒りに触れて地へ落とされてから後、シグルドとの邂逅を以て人間の性質と人格を有するよ うになった。

慈悲深く、愛情豊かで、好きになった相手にはとことん尽くす。悲劇さえなければ良妻として一生を終えたはず の女性。
    英雄シグルドのことを誰よりも愛して止まなかったものの、呪われた悲劇の運命の果てに殺意の炎を抱き、やが て彼を殺し、我が身をも灼き尽くすことになってしまった。

『死がふたりを分断つまで』
    ランク:B 種別:対人宝具
    ブリュンヒルデ・ロマンシア。
    運命の相手への深い愛憎の情を、生前に使用した魔銀の槍として形成させた宝具。
    対象への愛が深くなればなるほど槍は重く大きく変化する。愛するシグルドに対しては特に絶大な 効果を現す。
    (彼に縁深いジークフリートにもよく効く)

英霊となった現在でも、シグルドのことを深く愛している。
    それでも、万が一にも目の前に彼が召喚されたならば自動的に槍を向けるだろう。
    英霊として形作られた彼女自身が「シグルドを殺すモノ」として宝具と共に定義付けられてしまっているためだ 。

シグルドと源を同じくする「竜殺し」の英雄ジークフリートについては「シグルドとは別のひと」と認識してい るものの、何処となく彼に近しいものを感じるらしく、熱っぽく見つめてはふたりきりになろうとする。(そし て殺そうとする)
    そしてそれは、時にマスターに対しても...
    Brynhildr

Daughter of Odin, the Great God of Northern Europe, and one of the battle-maidens Valkyries. A tragic woman from Norse mythology.
    A battle-maiden regarded in the same light as Sigrdrķfa, the fated person of the great hero Sigurd in the "Volsunga Saga", she is also similarly portrayed as a Valkyrie who fell in love with Sigurd in the "Sigrdrķfumįl" and the "Helreiš Brynhildar" from Elder Edda.

Calm and devoted. There is some loneliness mixed in the gentle smile of this unfortunate battle-maiden.
    Despite behaving like a "doll" with a weak sense of self back when she was a Divine Spirit as the eldest of the Valkyries, after falling on earth upon incurring the wrath of her fatherly Great God, she became endowed with human nature and personality due to the incidental meeting with Sigurd.

Compassionate and full of affection, she thoroughly devotes herself to the person she came to love. A woman who was supposed to spend her lifetime as good wife if it wasn't for that tragedy.
    Although she never stopped loving Sigurd more than anyone else, she came to embrace the flames of killing intent at the end of a cursed tragic fate, eventually ending up killing him and also burning herself to ashes.

Even now, having turned into a Heroic Spirit, she still loves Sigurd deeply.
    Nevertheless, if by any chance he is summoned before her, she will automatically point her spear towards him.
    This is because, upon being shaped as a Heroic Spirit, both she herself and her Noble Phantasm ended up being given the definition of "something that kills Sigurd".

In regards to the "dragon-slayer" hero Siegfried, who possesses the same origins as Sigurd, although she recognizes him as "someone different from Sigurd", it seems that she somehow senses something close to him and thus feverish gazes at him tries to get alone just the two of them (and then tries to kill him).
    And also, sometimes towards the Master as well...

Height/Weight: 172cm・52kg
    Source: Norse mythology
    Region: Europe
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    She is regarded as the younger sister of Attila (King Atli) in the "Volsunga Saga", the "Gušrśnarkviša" and "Siguršarkviša hin skamma" from Elder Edda and etc.*

NOBLE PHANTASM

Brynhild Romantia - Until Death Splits the Two Apart

Type: Anti-Unit
    A Noble Phantasm that has molded the deep feelings of love towards the fated person as the spear of magic silver that she employed while alive.
    The deeper her love towards the target becomes, the more the weight and size of this spear will change. It displays a especially tremendous efficacy in regards to her beloved Sigurd (it is also quite effective towards Siegfried, who has deep connections to him).

*So they went ahead and pulled this out as well. When you also take into account the whole Siegfried/EMIYA thing, this whole mess seems like a huge Seiyuu joke.

Fionn mac Cumhaill
    ケルトの戦神ヌァザの末裔にして、栄光のフィオナ騎士団の長。
    眠りと炎を操る邪悪な神霊を倒して都を救い、エリン(アイルランド)の守護者として侵略者や魔物を倒して数 多の武勇を打ち立てた大英雄。
    魔術と叡智を修め、本来であれば多くの能力や宝具を有する。

身長/体重:181cm・63kg
    出典:ケルト神話
    地域:欧州
    属性:中立・中庸  性別:男性
    ランサーとしては槍と癒やしの力を宝具とする

エリンの上王に仕え、栄光のフィオナ騎士団に於いても最も偉大な騎士にして長であると謳われるに相応しい功 績を得た男。
    零落した神霊アレーン、魔猪、冥界の馬、遂には神祖たる戦神ヌァザを戦いにて打ち負かした。
    平時にあっては騎士団の部下と狩猟などを行いながら穏やかに暮らした大人物であったという。

大英雄として申し分ない道程を進んでいた彼にはしかし、女難の運命があった。
    美しい姉妹に惚れ込まれ、呪いを受けたことが第一の難である。
    その後も災難は続き、第一の妻を巡って妖精と敵対して七年の歳月を奪われ、そして第三の妻グラニアにまつわ る諍いにより、栄光の騎士団は瓦解することとなった。

女たちに問題があるのではなく、自分にこそ問題があるのではないか──最後まで、フィン・マックールはそう 考えなかった。
    一体何を誤ったのか。英霊と化し、サーヴァントとして現界した今でも、彼には分からない。

『無敗の紫靫草』
    ランク:A、種別:対軍宝具
    マク・ア・ルイン。
    自動攻撃機能、精神干渉無効などの効果を持つ。真名解放すれば、戦神ヌアザの司る「水」の激しい奔流を伴う 一撃を放つ。
    真名は愛剣とされる銘から。この剣はしばしば槍と同一視され、宝具として成立するにあたり神霊アレーン殺し の槍と同化した。

生前よりアイルランド上王のために働いていたこともあり、サーヴァントとして誰かの下で活動することについ ての抵抗感は一切ない。英雄として、人々のために働くことを彼は望む。
    また、年若い姿で現界しているが故か、晩年よりも精神の方向性が「若い」。(記憶は晩年に至る までのものを 有している)
    Fionn mac Cumhaill

A descendant of the Celtic War God Nuada and the leader of the glorious Knights of Fianna.
    A great hero that established many valorous deeds - such as saving the capital by defeating an wicked Divine Spirit that manipulated flames and sleep, or defeating invaders and monsters as the guardian of Erin (Ireland).
    Having mastered magecraft and wisdom, originally he would be endowed with many abilities and Noble Phantasms.

Serving the High King of Erin, he was a man who attained appropriate achievements to be celebrated as both the leader and the greatest knight in the glorious Knights of Fianna.
    He defeated in battle the fallen Divine Spirit Aillen, the magic boar, the horse of the underworld and in the end even his divine ancestor, the War God Nuada.
    It has been said that he was a magnanimous man who, in times of peace, spent his days quietly while carrying out hunts and the likes with his subordinates in the knight order.

He underwent an impeccable journey as a great hero, but also had a fate of trouble with women.
    His first hardship was becoming charmed by a beautiful sisters and receiving a curse.
    His misfortune continued afterwards; seven years were stolen from him by a conflict with a fairy over his first wife and the dispute concerning his third wife, Grįinne, caused the glorious knight order to collapse.

Maybe it was not that there was a problem with the women, but he himself that was at fault-- until the very end, Fionn mac Cumhaill never came to think like this.
    "What exactly went wrong?" Even now, after becoming a Heroic Spirit and manifesting as a Servant, he still does not understand.

Since he also worked for the sake of the High King of Ireland while alive, he has no reluctance about operating under somebody as a Servant. As a hero, he desires to work for the sake of the people.
    In addition, maybe because he has manifested in a youthful appearance, the orientation of his mentality is "younger" than that of his last years (but still possesses the memories all the way until his last years).

Height/Weight: 181cm・63kg
    Source: Celtic mythology
    Alignment: True Neutral
    As a Lancer, he treats the spear and healing abilities as his Noble Phantasm.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Mac a' Luin - Undefeated Purple Heal-All*
    A
    Type: Anti-Army
    It possesses effects such as automatous attack functions and negation of mental interference. If the True Name is released, it fires a single attack that is accompanied by a violent torrent of "water" that the War God Nuada administers.
    The True Name comes from a inscription about his supposed favorite sword. Said sword is every now and then regarded in the same light as a spear, and it was assimilated with the spear that killed the Divine Spear Aillen upon being established as a Noble Phantasm.

*Another name for the flower prunella vulgaris, also known as the "common self-heal"

Beowulf
    ベオウルフは英文学最古の叙事詩と言われる『ベオウルフ』の主人公である。
    叙事詩の舞台となっているのは現在の南スウェーデンからデンマーク近辺。

身長/体重:186cm・81kg
    出典:ベオウルフ
    地域:北欧
    属性:混沌・善   性別:男性
    狂化のメリット及びデメリットはほとんど失われており、会話による意思疎通すら可能。

○狂化:E-
    この英雄の真名そのものがバーサーカーという言葉に影響を受けている。
    理性はあり、高等な会話も可能。
    多少の凶暴性が残っている程度であり、ステータスにも何ら影響はない。

物語は二部構成であり、第一部はベオウルフが十五人の部下と共に巨人グレンデルを退治に赴く話が、第二部は 五十年後ドラゴンと死闘を繰り広げる老いたベオウルフが描かれている。

老いたベオウルフが戦ったドラゴンは、財宝を溜め込み、炎を吐き出すという――
    ファンタジーに登場するドラゴンの原型とでもいえる存在である。
    彼が通常利用している二つの剣も魔剣と呼ぶべき存在であるが、ベオウルフの真の力はそこにはな い。

サーヴァントクラスの一つであるバーサーカーの語源は北欧神話のベルセルクであるが、ベオウルフの名もまた ベルセルクが由来であると伝えられている。
    だが、老いてなおも理性を保ったままドラゴンスレイヤーを成し遂げた彼に、狂気はその片鱗すら浮かんでこな い。

とはいえ、本作におけるベオウルフは全盛期で召喚されたこともあり、根っからの戦闘狂。アキレウスやヘラク レスと出会うと「拳で語り合うしかねえ!」というモードに入ってしまうとか。
    Beowulf

Beowulf is the protagonist of "Beowulf", said to be the oldest epic poem of English literature.
    The setting of the epic poem amounts to south of modern Sweden to the vicinity of Denmark.

This tale is composed by two parts; part one is the story about Beowulf proceeding to exterminate the giant Grendel together with fifteen of his subordinates, while part two portrays an aged Beowulf unfolding a mortal combat with a dragon, fifty years after.

It has been said that the dragon who fought the aged Beowulf would amass treasures and spit out fire--
    It could be said that its existence is like an archetype of the dragons that appear in fantasy stories.
    The two swords he normally uses are also existence that can be called magic swords, but the true power of Beowulf does not lay there.

The etymology of Berserker - one of the Servant Classes - is the berserk from Norse mythology, and it has been told that Beowulf's name also has its origins in this berserk.*
    However, he - who accomplished the feat of dragon slayer while retaining his reason even after having aged - does not display even a fragment of madness.

That being said, since the Beowulf in this work has been summoned in his golden age, he is a battle-maniac by nature. Seems that, if he were to meet Achilles or Herakles, he would end up entering a mode of "there is no choice but to talk with our fists!"

Height/Weight: 186cm・81kg
    Source: Beowulf
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Has lost most of the merits and demerits from Mad Enhancement, and even mutual understanding by means of conversation is possible.

Mad Enhancement: E-
    The very True Name of this hero is receiving the influence of the work berserker.
    He possesses reason, and it is also possible to have a high grade conversation with him.
    It is just to the degree of some ferocity being left, and there is no effect whatsoever to the parameters.

*first time that I'm hearing about this.

Alexander (after change)
    ○紅顔の美少年:B
    人を惹き付ける美少年としての性質。
    男女を問わずに魅了の魔術的効果として働くが、抵抗の意思があれば軽減される。
    対魔力スキルで完全回避が可能。
    Pretty Boy of Rosy Cheeks: B
    The disposition as a pretty boy who attracts people.
    It works as a fascination magecraft-like effect regardless of gender, but it will be abated so long there is a will to resist.
    Complete evasion by means of Magic Resistance Skill is possible.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; February 10th, 2016 at 02:06 PM.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

マリーの味方
    thank you as always

the trend of "berserkers that aren't mad" continues. not that it particularly bothers me though

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    thank you as always

the trend of "berserkers that aren't mad" continues. not that it particularly bothers me though
    Obviously there's only so many times you can make Servant RARGH SMASH before it gets boring and you start looking for a loophole.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The only reason Beo seems to be a Berserker is because of his name.

He has two named swords, so does he also qualify for Saber? Though he's supposedly strongest when he's unarmed so IDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    The only reason Beo seems to be a Berserker is because of his name.

He has two named swords, so does he also qualify for Saber? Though he's supposedly strongest when he's unarmed so IDK.
    Eh, if we're talking about the profile, I didn't understand it as "best when unarmed" but rather "he'd be as good wielding anything else". Or something of the sort.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Eh, if we're talking about the profile, I didn't understand it as "best when unarmed" but rather "he'd be as good wielding anything else". Or something of the sort.
    nope. He unleashes his true power when he throws off the chains of his swords.
    That's why there are chains with his dual swords.
    Grendel Buster.
    It's symbolic.
    Last edited by You; February 10th, 2016 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

Did Blackbeard just call me a normie? Am I gonna have to change my name to Chad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    more importantly suck on that non-believers.
    SHAKES SUPPORT.
    MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING ftw.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six

huh
    Last edited by peanuts; February 10th, 2016 at 07:49 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chocolate is oppression!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So what's this event about

Also what was that Kiyo thing at the beginning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A stupid sexy dream
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And why are we now with Emiya in the ground zero of... something?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait why are all these NPCs men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    It's a dream where you see Kiyohime saying she transformed herself into chocolate just like how she transformed herself into a dragon and she wants you to eat her.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1st stage was the troubles of the ug-o valentines losers. (Chocolate is oppression!)
    2nd stage is the troubles of the ikemen valentines losers. (Chocolate is dangerous!)
    Can't wait for tomorrow to see stage 3.

- - - Updated - - -

The NPCs are all dude because they're waiting for the women to make their chocolate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deadfish View Post
    -snip-
    Let's just focus on the important bits here: this foreshadows that the final boss will be someone on the same level as nine-tailed Tamamo...

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.