Page 2997 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 1997249728972947298729922995299629972998299930023007304730973497 ... LastLast
Results 59,921 to 59,940 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Part 2 PV
    Good grief. It's a poor habit of this universe to try and create its contents.
    Is this said by Olga's VA?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrifoceBurn View Post
    I cannot wait until beast nero becomes a disappointment (looking at you Kama the crybaby )
    she was the closest Beast to finish MC though.

also making Tiamat as standard won't be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    " 一 I leave my tea urn 'Sawahime' to my Lord. But you gotta go all the way to Uji to pick it up.

一 I leave my elevated tenmoku teacup also to my Lord. 'cause I wrote a note in it.

一 Mother, if I die, go get some money with my Lord and move to Kyoto. Senchiyo, my heir, you stay serving my Lord as you always did.

一 Don't even think you can have the Kanayama Castle. Just let my Lord give it for some more compentent to handle it.

一 My women, just leave and go to your families' homes.

一 I leave my tea sets and katanas, all this stuff I don't need anymore, to Senchiyo. I left notes in all the other itens, so send all of the person named in each note.

Oh, one more thing, my treasured short-sword is all the way in the Hon'ami household in Kyoto, so I leave it to Senchiyo.
    My daugther Kou, get married to a big city merchant or a doctor, not to a samurai.
    Mother, you must live in the Capital. Must.
    Don't let Senchiyo inherit the Kanayama Castle even if you gotta kill him for it.

Ah, just remembered it. Just in case, JUST IN CASE, if we horribly lose this war, you all must burn my castle and have a nice death, everyone together.

1584 March 3rd, morning    musashi

is what seems to be written in Nagayoshi's will. His last days were, indeed, a mess.

'What do you think, Master? I'm a real family-loving guy, ain't I?'"
    Thanks for the translation. What a mess of a will, but it fits him quite well.

Mori-kun had bunch of crazy lore. not just Nobunaga even Hideyoshi gave up on controlling him.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post

It doesn't matter that she technically did better than any of the other Beasts... save Kiara, mind you. Kiara actually finished off the MC and would have won if not for time-travel shenanigans, so she's the most successful Beast if we go by that metric.

All anyone will allow Kama to remember is her completely undignified behavior in defeat. Never mind that Kiara's defeat wasn't all that dignified either. I believe Kiara was basically screaming, "It's not fair!! I was going to win!! I didn't even finish getting off!!" or something like that, IIRC. Not to mention glorious Beast-ahegao... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    It doesn't matter that she technically did better than any of the other Beasts... save Kiara, mind you. Kiara actually finished off the MC and would have won if not for time-travel shenanigans, so she's the most successful Beast if we go by that metric.

All anyone will allow Kama to remember is her completely undignified behavior in defeat. Never mind that Kiara's defeat wasn't all that dignified either. I believe Kiara was basically screaming, "It's not fair!! I was going to win!! I didn't even finish getting off!!" or something like that, IIRC. Not to mention glorious Beast-ahegao... yeah.
    so what do you think of Beast actually? we just got example not all Beast are willing to become one.

we should not treat Beast as Kaiju for now.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle

I dunno, Kiara actually managed to kill MC before Melt did her time travel shenanigans. (Which is kind of directly analogous to how Kiara sends you back to the beginning of Ooku, I guess.)

For whatever reason, the Beasts that aren't fully manifested have a better track record against the MC. I guess you could chalk it up to having to demonstrate their danger within the limited confines of an event where you can't have them incinerate humanity for a year and a half or flood the map screen and kill/mutate all your favourite NPCs? You have less space to hype them up and less characters for them to endanger, so you directly endanger the MC.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Beasts that haven't fully manifested are more dangerous because they haven't triggered the planets 'throw Grands at this' condition but they're still hella powerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Beasts that haven't fully manifested are more dangerous because they haven't triggered the planets 'throw Grands at this' condition but they're still hella powerful
    True. You can't count on counter force to react, so expect no grand servant, and you're against some divine being with just 3 servants

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't Tiamat supposed to be equivalent to Gaea? Since she was also the mother of god and goddess also mother of monsters
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    True. You can't count on counter force to react, so expect no grand servant, and you're against some divine being with just 3 servants

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't Tiamat supposed to be equivalent to Gaea? Since she was also the mother of god and goddess also mother of monsters
    I mean we should not assume all Beasts are Tiamat tier of scale and power.

I mean we should not assume all Beasts are Tiamat tier of scale and power.
    Problem is she's the very first Beast we ever encountered, followed soon after by the big bad of the very first major storyline.

Tiamat and Goetia are tough acts to follow (I barely count Fou, since we never actually fight it, so we can't rate it as a threat beyond lore). When powerhouses like them are our introduction to Beasts, it's only natural that our expectations remain high.

Otherwise, it's like kicking DragonBall Z off with Vegeta as the opponent right out the gate, somehow letting Goku and the others miraculously defeat him, and then making Raditz the final boss of the Saiyan Saga. You can point out how Raditz is stronger than the heroes too, and even let him come closer to winning than the Saiyan Prince did, but he's still going to look like a disappointment next to Vegeta.

If all you care about regarding the Beasts is their powerscaling then I'm sorry

JP Friend Code
    As I already stated in my rant back in question topic, nowadays people can't comprehend any type of "power" beyond how much a character can destroy, especially those functions on concepts and requires conceptual means to defeat. It's too hard to grasp compare to big beamus or a kaijiu for people.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    PoWeRlEvEl DiScUsSiOn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Does it even mean anything to defeat a Beast?

Is humanity now without Pity, Lust, Regression, and Comparison? Or are they just kaiju with fancy backstories?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Considering non of them are actually gone? Probably "just a setback"

regarding Ooku, ppl tend to forget/not care about Parvati being India's strongest waifu.

My question is why even respond to that jerk? All he does is try to provoke people and nothing else.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    My question is why even respond to that jerk? All he does is try to provoke people and nothing else.
    Excuse me? I hope you aren't referring to me with that remark. I fail to see how me explaining why the average Joe fails to appreciate how dangerous Kama and Kiara were makes me a jerk.