Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Here's the hardsub of Swan Lake Returns (2/6) subbed. Courtesy of EDreamer and I.
    See y'all in a week.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You both are gentlemen and scholars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EDreamer View Post
    In the process, you were giving a mosaic-like Saint Graph formed from combining together the essences of multiple Servants…of several goddesses.
    Given

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    The faster we finish this, the quick we can join back up with Gawain as well.
    Quicker

- - - Updated - - -

It's tricky to proofread on the phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Mu, this clearly frivolous aura…! Err, this person whose motions has impudently been renewed is…!?

Have

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty impressive how few typos you make given the amount of text involved.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    It's pretty impressive how few typos you make given the amount of text involved.
    Fixed.

Well, compared to how many typos I fail to catch myself when I'm translating light novel text, this is nothing. Having to deal with limited lines of dialogue makes it easier for the eyes to catch typos than when looking over big paragraphs in my experience.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

Here english soft sub playlist if hardsub takes a while. Swan Lake Returns (3/6) soft subbed. soft subs aren't bad though because i can edit the subs incase some typos.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...sdU1mUdJOix-h5
    Last edited by Yuuki; May 25th, 2017 at 04:50 PM.
    Marie-F/GO:346086588
    Gilgamesh-F/GO:462 754 342
    Ryougi Shiki-F/GO:453 547 105

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    So we have Vlad saving people from ghouls and dragons, and Cursed Arm Hassan saving kids from evil cultists(?)

Crossover when

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    REPEAT
    Vlad III is not a vampire!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Fixed.

Well, compared to how many typos I fail to catch myself when I'm translating light novel text, this is nothing. Having to deal with limited lines of dialogue makes it easier for the eyes to catch typos than when looking over big paragraphs in my experience.
    Hey I have heard a good way to catch typos, is to change the font and size of the text, and then proof read, it works because the text will look different in the new environment, so your brain stops skipping what looks familiar.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by kentrix0 View Post
    Hey I have heard a good way to catch typos, is to change the font and size of the text, and then proof read, it works because the text will look different in the new environment, so your brain stops skipping what looks familiar.
    Hmm, maybe I'll try that next time.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wanna ask

くわえて、こうしてサーヴァント化できるのはFGO世界だけであり、元の『CCC世界』ではBBなど存在しない、という事も把握している。自分が一夜だけの幻である事をBBは理解しているのだ。

is this actually saying BB doesnt exist in the original CCC world?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Remember what happened in the non-CCC routes, where everyone forgot about what happened on the Far Side? That's what it's talking about. When Sakura briefly took over the Moon Cell at the end, she basically took advantage of the fact that the Far Side exists outside of regular time and made it so that "the events of CCC never happened" to the people outside it when Hakuno and the others returned to the Holy Grail War. Since BB only really existed on the Far Side unlike her original Sakura, she truly "doesn't exist" as far as the world is concerned after everything was reset.

Blog Entries
    thats kinda

sad

Remember what happened in the non-CCC routes, where everyone forgot about what happened on the Far Side? That's what it's talking about. When Sakura briefly took over the Moon Cell at the end, she basically took advantage of the fact that the Far Side exists outside of regular time and made it so that "the events of CCC never happened" to the people outside it when Hakuno and the others returned to the Holy Grail War. Since BB only really existed on the Far Side unlike her original Sakura, she truly "doesn't exist" as far as the world is concerned after everything was reset.
    Interesting.
    Whats the deal with tamamo and nero remembering the events of extra and CCC even though they aren't the moon cell copies just chaldea summoned copies and the events of CCC itself becoming imaginary.
    Hence the shitposting I see about tamamo and nero still being into hakuno.
    Last edited by Ereus; May 26th, 2017 at 07:31 AM.
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Life is short, we don't need to shitpost at eachother about nasu.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think Nero remembers CCC? just Tamamo

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Tamamo's special because she's the avatar (or whatever the term for it is) of the powerful goddess Amaterasu, which apparently lets her retain memories more clearly even across worlds and timelines unlike other Servants. (Like how she's aware that she'll meet her "true love" in the EXTRA world even as an FGO Servant.) As for Nero and everyone else from CCC, they don't remember anything except for a vague sense that "something happened" mostly based on the feelings and emotions they experienced during the CCC events, like how Nero remembers Elizabeth as her "rival" in Extella but has no recollection of how they met.

Also, it was explained in Extella that the Moon Cell doesn't make its own copies of Heroic Spirits but actually "downloads" them from the Throne of Heroes itself, so it's like a regular summoning on Earth.
    Last edited by EDreamer; May 26th, 2017 at 07:57 AM.

Tamamo's special because she's the avatar (or whatever the term for it is) of the powerful goddess Amaterasu, which apparently lets her retain memories more clearly even across worlds and timelines unlike other Servants. (Like how she's aware that she'll meet her "true love" in the EXTRA world even as an FGO Servant.) As for Nero and everyone else from CCC, they don't remember anything except for a vague sense that "something happened" mostly based on the feelings and emotions they experienced during the CCC events, like how Nero remembers Elizabeth as her "rival" in Extella but has no recollection of how they met.

Also, it was explained in Extella that the Moon Cell doesn't make its own copies of Heroic Spirits but actually "downloads" them from the Throne of Heroes itself, so it's like a regular summoning on Earth.
    Yeah so the moon cell just does what a regular grail does and makes a copy using the throne of heroes data correct?
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Life is short, we don't need to shitpost at eachother about nasu.

So, err... Tron Cu downloadable content when? Because our Cu sure as hell don't have the Tron uniform and that extra spiky Gae Bolg.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Yeah. The only exception might be Altera (Extella Servant form), since she's made from the original giant Altera within the Moon Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    So, err... Tron Cu when? Because our Cu sure as hell don't have the Tron uniform and that extra spiky Gae Bolg.
    That's what you call "differences in creative representations between artists". In other words, don't think too hard about it.

Blog Entries
    something2 normal tights in notmal world cyber tights in cyber world.