Page 2441 of 2655 FirstFirst ... 144119412341239124312436243924402441244224432446245124912541 ... LastLast
Results 48,801 to 48,820 of 53082

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

  1. #48801
    The Best Kind of P.C. Megas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Finishing my backlog
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    He also worries about Mordred even when she tells him to stop! How dare he.
    The only thing that I really remember about him is him complaining about mordred sitting on the nice couch.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

  2. #48802
    リビングデッド Living Dead Alterias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    The only thing that I really remember about him is him complaining about mordred sitting on the nice couch.
    He is a tsundere.

  3. #48803
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Arha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,474
    In the interlude he was worried about Mordred when she quit a battle simulation halfway, hence the bit about joking about him being her mom. Then she beat him up. Then at the end she used Clarent on him because she was in a good mood. Clarent Arthur, no Blood, which I guess means she mellowed a little? Merlin was talking about it too as a sword kinda similar to Caliburn but I didn't fully understand what he was saying.
    Supports: 1/21

  4. #48804
    吸血鬼 Vampire
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Age
    24
    Posts
    395
    Isn't Clarent a ceremonial sword for coronations originally? I seem to recall most of it's power coming from Mordred and her daddy issues.

  5. #48805
    Knight of 'Sumanai' Iceblade44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Coast of the USA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,534
    US Friend Code
    260,781,010
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    TM values this. Look at Kotomine and Columbus. I like Columbus since he shows the exact extremes of humanities's virtues and vices. It made him more likable than bleached people like Nero for example and those that suffered undeserving demonization like Jason, Odysseus and Perseus.
    I don't get why you considered what happened to Jason unjustified(even when it's not as bad). Going past the comment about Perseus because I'm tired of going through that conversation over and over again, from the myths about Jason I can see where he's based on and I don't see it as a paticualar exxargeration. Some points from the top of my head.
    1) TM didn't so much as needed his heroic attributes then that they actually wanted it. For one thing, Jason's charisma which was noted as his most noted trait wasn't like that in original myth. In that he wasn't the first choice to be the leader of the Argonauts. Heracles was. All the Argonauts voted for him to be the captain, it's just he in turn voted for it to be Jason thus they all went with his decision. That is a good thing TM did for him that is a buff.
    2) on his kinda wimpy nature, he had that to. There is a story from just when they first went out he had a create berate him and calls him a coward. Now not say that Jason wasn't brave it's just in terms of feats you don't really find him doing something on his own or at all, instead having another Argonaut accomplishing the feat. His trails from Aeetes really isn't talking much about his ingenuity and quick-wits as a Hero since he was able to pass them all thanks to big help from Medea.
    3) then you have Medea. No matter how you take of it how he treated her isn't heroic in anyway and it isn't an exxargeration done by TM. To be someone callous enough to discard a women who was made magically in love with you, her killed for you including her own brother just because they are no longer useful. I don't see how that isn't undeserving to have that a part of his character no matter how you slice it.

    Of course while all these stuff is true doesn't mean I don't like Jason. I don't know why I like him so much but I just do. I just don't see what TM did was so much demonization because you can find those aspects of his from his original myths

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ah on the topic of this. This is the unlocked bit from Circe' s profile. Apparently she has something to confess with Odysseus.
    https://i.imgur.com/rSeeAmx.png
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"


    anywhere than here

  6. #48806
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six forumghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,431
    JP Friend Code
    697363510
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Jekyll mama vs Emiya mama
    I mean Emiya fucked her dad, so he does have the advantage there.

  7. #48807
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,049
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    I didn't think you were commenting on the possibility of one of the Kings being a Beast.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Medea avoided outright killing people IIRC.

    Servants wouldn't usually feed because it's not super effective and it takes way too many non-mages to get reasonable energy (which is why Shinji went for Bloodfort). Perseus is incarnated and doesn't need as much mana so it's fine for him.
    Medea only avoided killing people cuz' she was worried Kuzuki would find out and get upset. If she'd known he'd have zero f*cks to give she'd have drained people dry. Her FGO mats profile even confirmed that TM used the version of her that killed her own kids (something that had never been confirmed or even mentioned prior), which is weird given how FGO has gone out of it's way to whitewash her otherwise and the "kill her kids" things even came from a later version of her story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    I'm still not expecting Perseus to end up being cowardly or particularly dickish.

    Like, once again, I wonder how many heroes would be able to face level 100 Gorgon Medusa on her home turf in 1v1 and think "yeah this fight will require no caution from me at all and I'm confident that I can take this down".

    Because I can't imagine that # exceeds single digits.
    I'm not expecting Perseus to be a dickish coward simply because I expect we'll eventually be able to summon him and cowardly jerks don't make good husbandos (the opinions of the people on this site who actually like Shinji don't count in this one instance). Like, if we can get someone as a Servant, then I fully expect at least some whitewashing save Columbus and Caster Gilles. I mean, this is the franchise that gave us Angra Mainyu, the embodiment of evil, as a humble villager painted with an unfair brush, and whose actually an alright guy who loves humanity deep down.

  8. #48808
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    31,405
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Medea only avoided killing people cuz' she was worried Kuzuki would find out and get upset. If she'd known he'd have zero f*cks to give she'd have drained people dry. Her FGO mats profile even confirmed that TM used the version of her that killed her own kids (something that had never been confirmed or even mentioned prior), which is weird given how FGO has gone out of it's way to whitewash her otherwise and the "kill her kids" things even came from a later version of her story.
    I don't think so. Medea's too much of a weenie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

  9. #48809
    Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    hubba bubba
    Posts
    10,986
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    I’m still on the fence that one quote with Shinji that everyone uses to describe Perseus has been greatly misinterpreted and context entirely ignored.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

    Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

  10. #48810
    Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,733
    Blog Entries
    25
    cowardly jerks don't make good husbandos (the opinions of the people on this site who actually like Shinji don't count in this one instance)
    I don't even have to bring Shinji into it because Nobukatsu's popularity alone proves you're wrong

  11. #48811
    What class would Perseus be if he was summoned as a Servant?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  12. #48812
    Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,733
    Blog Entries
    25
    We already know, Rider

    datamine
    and Lancer

  13. #48813
    The Best Kind of P.C. Megas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Finishing my backlog
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    What class would Perseus be if he was summoned as a Servant?
    Prolly rider.

    Maybe Archer because IIRC he has some kind of projectile weapon.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

  14. #48814
    Why Rider?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  15. #48815
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    31,405
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    68
    Harpe is also called a sword, so Saber should also work.
    Maybe Assassin too?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Why Rider?
    Rode the Pegasus has the Bellerophon
    Prototype but also in myth
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

  16. #48816
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NC
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,718
    Blog Entries
    9
    Assassin

    - - - Updated - - -

    Damnit fuck you

    - - - Updated - - -

    I kid

  17. #48817
    分かろうとするな、感じれ Mcjon01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,974
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    Prolly rider.

    Maybe Archer because IIRC he has some kind of projectile weapon.


    Pictured: a projectile weapon (definitely NOT a polearm)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Why Rider?
    Because he already exists? As Rider???

  18. #48818
    日輪よ、死に随え GundamFSN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    in the East
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,125
    JP Friend Code
    112253241 (Nobu)
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    Turns out that freezing up when offered the sword is what she would do when offered the sword in her dreams before. At the end of the interlude she says she only wanted to be king because Artoria was king before her and anything daddy can do she can do better. She then says that she has a better idea of what she wants to do as king and would make an even better kingdom than daddy did cause she's the knight of rebellion, meaning she has to go against her king somehow! Gudao is like 'You as you are now could probably pull the sword. Want to try?' And she's like 'nah this is just a dream, whether I pulled it or not wouldn't mean a thing.'

    This comes after reliving Camlann, btw. She wins the fight this time and Lancer Artoria is like 'I am so proud of you, my son, you are great' and it pisses Mordred off because it's so OOC.

    And then Merlin was like 'Hi I'm making a cameo here but I swear I dint do nuffink.'



    Gudao and Mashu teased that Jekyll was so worried about Mordred it's like he's her mom. She's like 'Don't be absurd, mothers don't worry about you' and gets all confused when this brings the room to a dead silence. It's more about the implications of their relationship than anything she actually says.
    Wow, I never thought Mordred's daddy fetish is seeped with pure masochism. Clearly I have underestimated her.

    Nothing to rebel against if your parent's proud of you i guess.


    Something
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I see how it is Nasu, changing waifus like underwear, right?

    There is no forgiveness for you. Time to reclaim your honour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto is living a hard life
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    2017 is the year i watch shinji die in 2 different animes
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
    Spoiler:
    Don't forget Prillya 3rei Herz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    FUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Writing porn also helps.

  19. #48819
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,475
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I don't even have to bring Shinji into it because Nobukatsu's popularity alone proves you're wrong
    Isn't that more because people want to bully him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  20. #48820
    It's Magikewl~ Magikewl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,103
    JP Friend Code
    947,795,354
    Bullying is the ultimate expression of affection

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •