Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    well if it's the actual soul being projected then it wouldn't be pseudo-spiritrons but actual spiritrons.
    it would?

also probs wrongly said , i mean output, not project. I didnt mean the soul projecting itself, but the soul outputting itself to outside the body a la moondiving
    since if mats said pseudospi is what you get when outputting your soul outside yourbody, hence my line of thought

i mean even in the end this also falls in the scope of the third
    Last edited by castor212; October 24th, 2017 at 01:42 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    yeah

actually, thinking about it and Arc. Maybe it's kind of like what Arc does when she teleports.

The Gudao pseudo-spiritrons (information) gathers the spiritrons around the area to form a body.
    But that still would be a spiritron body and not a flesh and blood body. But then again, I guess Arc and Lugh can still bleed and stuff.

Your issue is how do pseudo-spiritrons actually become physical.
    Or rather how do pesudo-spiritrons for a conciousness become physical.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    i dont know the case with lugh since still hasnt read mahoyo but anw

my line of thought is that if pseudopsi conversion projection theory makes it possible to convert physical to pseudopsi and then send it rayshifting
    then probably its possible for pseudopsi to be converted to a physical fake body, imperfect as it is with the malfucntioning magic circuit tho i know not what in shimousa made it possible
    or smtg like that

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But where does the physical body come from?
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    honestly dunno
    i simply thought if physical -> pseudopsi is possible, then maybe pseudopsi -> physical is also possible. You know, like how you materialize bunshin in the cyber world using the pseudospi from your soul, but in this case physical

tho i did have a thought that maybe its the case where Guda is like servant who had ether materializing as physical body imperfectly too
    Last edited by castor212; October 24th, 2017 at 02:31 AM.

Blog Entries
    Or you can just be lazy and take it as the Counter Force decide to recruit Guda to deal with Amakusa and those give him a body to work with.

Blog Entries
    well the method of giving a body still athe ??? part tho

Blog Entries
    Counter Force might be able to make a body up with nothing and upload Guda's soul into the body. When the job is done, his soul goes back home and the body is used to fuel the process. That's how I understand the issue without making it too confusing,

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Counter Force might be able to make a body up with nothing and upload Guda's soul into the body. When the job is done, his soul goes back home and the body is used to fuel the process. That's how I understand the issue without making it too confusing,
    The issue with that is holmes says "because this process is similiar to a reishift, your consciousness obtained something resembling a body."
    Meaning this sounds like a mechanism rather than the CF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    honestly dunno
    i simply thought if physical -> pseudopsi is possible, then maybe pseudopsi -> physical is also possible.
    You know, like how you materialize bunshin in the cyber world using the pseudospi from your soul, but in this case physical
    It's possible because you converted your entire body in pesudo spiritrons. Therefore when it reconverts you get a body.
    An avatar in the cyber world is literally just an output of pseudo spiritrons. However they can manifest as an avatar because the soul keeps its shape. Like Mizu said, it's actually all just light.
    However, here your consciousness is what is being made physical.
    Last edited by You; October 24th, 2017 at 02:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    yeah, so i thought since the soul itself remembers its shape, the light that is pesudo spiritron of your soul materialize as a fake body
    somehow

if not, maybe my second guess or your guess then
    Last edited by castor212; October 24th, 2017 at 02:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    We can wait for more info. I mean the writers can just take the easy way out and say the CF can also adapt and thus uses the reyshift mechanism to fix issues?

Blog Entries
    on a new tangent

inshun last skill name looks familiar, then i realized it reminded me of what was explained in my aikido & kempo class.
    its a mental state on detecting the moments when your opponents are vulnerable

sen no sen being attacking during your opponent attack, trying to outspeed your opponent
    sen sen no sen being attacking even before your opponent attack, taking the initiative
    and go no sen being attacking after the attack, as you block/dodge the attack and counter

i suppose this skill represent inshun being a martial artist who specialize in swift assault that respond faster then your opponent. ALthought with what Inshun practice being soujutsu its probably a bit different to what I know
    I wonder if there'd be other Servants who have go no sen as a skill in the future.

Blog Entries
    I'd wager this is akin to reverse summoning process with only a copy (consciousness) getting translated into a physical body. Or something like what Saber has been doing in F/SN. The anchor... was probably Musashi, and the body is like a fake saint graph which is why Shuten was able to play with it to fix the connection to Chaldea.

Then again, until I can get my hands on translation/learn Japanese, it's just unsubstantional musings.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    I'd wager this is akin to reverse summoning process with only a copy (consciousness) getting translated into a physical body. Or something like what Saber has been doing in F/SN. The anchor... was probably Musashi, and the body is like a fake saint graph which is why Shuten was able to play with it to fix the connection to Chaldea.

Then again, until I can get my hands on translation/learn Japanese, it's just unsubstantional musings.
    That can explain how Olga Marie was transported to Fuyuki despite being killed in actual bombings, but the anchor at that time is Galahad in Mashu's body.

So they needed an anchoring Servant of that singularity (in this case, protagonist Servant [e.g. Jeanne, Bedivere]) in order to get to the singularity itself.

Might be my wild guess though.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

JP Friend Code
    on a new tangent

inshun last skill name looks familiar, then i realized it reminded me of what was explained in my aikido & kempo class.
    its a mental state on detecting the moments when your opponents are vulnerable

sen no sen being attacking during your opponent attack, trying to outspeed your opponent
    sen sen no sen being attacking even before your opponent attack, taking the initiative
    and go no sen being attacking after the attack, as you block/dodge the attack and counter

i suppose this skill represent inshun being a martial artist who specialize in swift assault that respond faster then your opponent. ALthought with what Inshun practice being soujutsu its probably a bit different to what I know
    There also tai no sen, attacking the opponent at the same time they attack but instead of outspeed them you match their attack and turn it into a counterattack. There are several stances in Aikido and karate where this is employed iirc. I think these are more like general fighting mental state rather than exclusive to one school of martial art, cuz not just aikido and kendo but karate also has it. I studied all 3 back in my highschool days and these concepts are mentioned in all of them so it shouldn't be that different for soujutsu, if any it's the way you employ the attack due to difference in weapons. Tho for kendo I only did 1 course and didn't learn anything meaningful so idk.

I wonder if there'd be other Servants who have go no sen as a skill in the future.
    Probably Ueshiba (Aikido founder) if TM want to but I doubt they will.

Blog Entries
    yeah, i know its a mental state that most martial arts have, but in variative form. because the one thought to me for sen sen no sen in aikido was so different compared to other martial arts im p surprised when i learned other martial arts too

the notion that most japanese martial servants and I think LSW counts too who reach stronk level with humane effort having this kind of variation of mental state as a skill really satisfies me. good integration.

- - - Updated - - -

why not, too modern?
    i-if LSW counts then ueshiba can count!
    Last edited by castor212; October 24th, 2017 at 09:41 AM.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    But where does the physical body come from?
    Same way Servant bodies are made when Servant spontaneously manifest? Gudao's is that of a regular dude so it'd come out as a regular-dude body.

E: lol RLock said the same right afterwards

JP Friend Code
    why not, too modern?
    i-if LSW counts then ueshiba can count!
    He was born in 1883 so I'd say it's possible, but the criteria for HS atm is like, really weird. I still believe that Li made it cuz Nasu has a thing for bajiquan or something, cuz there are much more famous Chinese martial artists to go with than him but he got in.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Same way Servant bodies are made when Servant spontaneously manifest? Gudao's is that of a regular dude so it'd come out as a regular-dude body.

E: lol RLock said the same right afterwards
    not sure what you're saying here

Blog Entries
    not sure what you're saying here
    Basically, Gudako's consciousness (there's no Gudao, heathens) got a physical body the same way Saber did. Just without a contract with the world or being able to turn intangible.

- - - Updated - - -

Or so we think until Nasu proves us wrong.