Page 3101 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2101260130013051309130963099310031013102310331063111315132013601 ... LastLast
Results 62,001 to 62,020 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    So this lostbelt is in two parts. Any idea when the next half is going to come out?

Curious how Olympus is like at least.
    Probably next week just like Babylon and Time Temple
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Now that the adrenaline has wear off, I just realized MC and Mashu managed to defeat Poseidon and LB Chiron on their own, with Stands of course, but still amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarfDyedShadow View Post
    "〇Bowman of the Tri-Star A+
    Praised as the best hunter in Greece and having been blessed by Artemis too, his skill is without equal.
    By being granted the anecdote of the Three Stars[1] (Tri-Star) as a constellation, he acquired a skill with the bow that exceeds that of other heroes who lived in different time periods."

So is the way Reddit translator worded this correct? @ the seeming wording that he's the singular best archer in the entirety of Fate?
    This kills the Herk.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Now that the adrenaline has wear off, I just realized MC and Mashu managed to defeat Poseidon and LB Chiron on their own, with Stands of course, but still amazing.
    Poseidon is that submarine thing of the pics of before, right? can even talk? or what it can do?

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    LMAAAOOO Jason

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Poseidon was already beaten by Drake?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    That's Okeanas. Drake did grab one of Poseidon's cores but that's just one of several

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    About this civil war between the Gods, does that mean even without the Sefar Attack, at least some gods felt the Age of Gods had to end anyway in the all things must end sort of way? Interesting, and it's striking that Ares of all people believed this, and that Apollo and Artemis took opposite sides.

In addition, the way Hecate Island was described, was it built actually on a spaceship or the mech body of Hecate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    I'm kinda disappointed that this timeline seems to only be perfect for Kirschtaria to spam his spells so far. They hammer down the whole stagnation thing pretty fast.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A downpour of magical bullets made of light.
    A howl or shriek. Or perhaps it was a scream.
    The magecraft that was accompanied with enough magical energy to rival a shot from Artemis crushed the Servants. This was a magecraft system that used celestial bodies themselves as a "circuit."
    In the depths of the astrology that the Chaldeans, founders of reading the stars, had passed down to the current era was this ultimate magecraft. Uniting magical energy that fills the earth; the magical energy that fills the firmament; and finally the heavens, the magical energy that fills the cosmos, a starry miracle as if forcing planets into sequence.

QUOTE=LB 5 Chapter 11
    Holmes: We could only get audio... no, even the audio wasn't clear. It might be because of the nonstandard high-thaumaturgy that occurred - manipulating celestial bodies and dropping meteorites. In those three minutes, all instruments ceased functioning. No one in the Border could see what happened.
    Da Vinci: .....
    Gordolf: Muuuuu, whatever. Anyway $playername, Mash Kyrielight! Return at once! You've been through a terrible battle and need a vital check.
    Mash: Y-yes. Understood. Let's go Master. My thoughts are all in a jumble.

Gordolf: Good, you've returned. The Servants are terribly wounded but it's good you're all okay. But, problem is Kirschtaria. No doubt, he uses magecraft that annihilates Servants. Is that possible for a human!?
    Holmes: It's not. There are a few exceptions but there's no way a magus can defeat a Servant, a hero with many achievements.
    Gordolf: Right?
    Holmes: And even such an exceptional existence can be countered. But destroying multiple Servants like it was twisting a baby's hand is not the work of man. I've read through the reports on the Crypters. Of course, Kirschtaria is a genius but if he had such a gigantic amount of magical energy he would be receive a sealing designation.
    $playername: Sealing designation?
    Gordolf: It's the place those beyond genius, those individuals who have cultivated a unique magecraft end up. Like a proclamation saying "This is very interesting, so how about confining you or making you a specimen?" There's no higher honor in the Association or a greater annoyance to the designated to receive. Those types of people love research, you see. And after people are sealed, no more research. When a magus receives a sealing designation they usually part ways with the Association and disappear. There some exceptional people who have their sealing designation lifted in exchange for contributing to the Association. Ahhh, you can rest assured $playername. A hack like you wouldn't be designed to be sealed for anything. Ten thousand to one it happened, I'm originally from Policies so I'd use my connections to do something! Hahaha!
    Holmes: Thank you for the explanation Mr. Gordolf. Well, that's why if you have enough magical energy to destroy a Servant there would already be records detailing such things. But it isn't the case here. Da Vinci, do you have impressions to add?
    Da Vinci: A...Aa. Impressions, huh. Yes, I do. That magecraft was the fountainhead of astrology. That was the "primeval form" of astronomical magecraft which temporarily takes control of the planets, the sky, and the cosmos.
    Gordolf: Hn? Astronomical magecraft may be the Animusphere's topic, but that's a method that predicts the future or surveys the planet, no? It can't create a cataclysm like that. Technical adviser, did you hit your head?
    Da Vinci: I wish. For me... uhhh, no, Kirschtaria's magecraft was just obvious. It was "ideal magecraft" older than the Age of Gods, when the planet, heavens, and cosmos were full of magical energy. Humanity has turned to a consumption civilization. With the development of civilization all magecraft has deteriorated, its scope shrunk. Astrology is the same. That's right, the original astrology was about borrowing the power of the stars.
    Holmes: The magical energy that rotated the "planet," filled the "sky," and poured down from the "heavens." In the world of ancient Greece, the sky and the heavens above were different layers. Of course, the quality of magical energy of each layer was different too. The heavens were the law that governed the cosmos. Without it, it would be impossible to control celestial bodies. Artificially place planets in a series and use them as a gigantic magic circuit. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say a magus could prepare the largest magic circuit in all of human history. Surely, creating a planetary roar with an astrological conjunction would send meteors hurtling down. Seeing is believing, so I have no other choice but to conclude thus. Kirschtaria Wodime. The zenith of humans with greater power than this Lostbelt's king.
    Gordolf: (speechless)
    Meunière: Un. If that's the case, he's excessively inconsistent. If he was such a god-like genius why didn't he already conquer the Clocktower a long time ago? I guess I just don't understand why he would come to Chaldea.
    Gordolf: Umu, exactly. The jealous viewpoint of an average man. A good reference point Moony-kun.
    Holmes: Indeed, there would be one reason he affiliated himself with Chaldea. Everything was to create this situation. Before the world became blank, he was talented but not almighty. Why? The state of the planet was fixed. You couldn't reproduce astronomical magecraft. No matter how great the magical formula the Animusphere hid was, you couldn't use it in the current environment. That's why he created this Atlantic Lostbelt. The Grecian view of the cosmos and the magecraft theory of the Animusphere are too compatible. In this Grecian world during the Age of Gods, his astronomical magecraft is close to godly. No, it's a mystery that surpasses the gods.
    Gordolf: What? Management consultant, are you saying that making the planet blank was Kirschtaria's goal?
    Holmes: That I do not know. Kirschtaria Wodime's power in the Atlantic Lostbelt is tremendous, but that's probably setting the table for someone. Probably the "Alien God." Kirschtaria who handles astronomical magecraft is the optimal believer for the "Alien God." This is further speculation but the only human "Alien God" needed might have been Kirschtaria. The other Crypters were extras, like “Sure, lets give them a shot.”
    Mash: That... not caring about those lives, its...
    Holmes: We shouldn't think about countermeasures right now. We don't have the tools to stop him. We should consider it after other factors are added in.
    Gordolf: Umu. That's correct. Un. "Troublesome things are for tomorrow." Musik family, hidden precept. $playername: Hidden?
    Gordolf: If Toole IV Type gets wind, she'll chase you until you finish! I definitely don't want that! Being attacked at sea again, no thank you!

Because people been saying weird shit about Wodime.
    Last edited by You; April 4th, 2020 at 02:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

So it's basically a "right place, right time" situation. Makes sense. Now I wonder what kind of guy non-FGO Wodime is, like in other Fate timelines. Same with all the other Crypters really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelp24 View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed that this timeline seems to only be perfect for Kirschtaria to spam his spells so far. They hammer down the whole stagnation thing pretty fast.
    We haven't actually seen Olympus yet, but I generally agree that they really seem to be pushing the stagnation narrative. It's not like they haven't been doing so from the very beginning, though.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    Hephaestus basically admitted that they're all functionally dead already didn't he

He did, but the city itself might not be so bad.

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Why Lily....
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    For the same reason you never see Saber Artoria or OG Emiya or Cu Lancer or Rider Medusa in the main story.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    Why Lily....
    As much as possible, OG cast has been exempted from the FGO main plot since the beginning. Hassan was one of those "special exceptions".

And about the Titans? They're really aliens right? Why they did the robots?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Because people been saying weird shit about Wodime.
    The entire time I read this part I kept thinking what they're going to go with Seimei, as he also is known most for his astrology feats and made a map of stars in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    The entire time I read this part I kept thinking what they're going to go with Seimei, as he also is known most for his astrology feats and made a map of stars in the sky.

kirtsch and seimei pseudo servant

- - - Updated - - -

@YOU

can you please explain what they mean by "the sky and the heavens were in different layers"?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    kirtsch and seimei pseudo servant

- - - Updated - - -

@YOU

can you please explain what they mean by "the sky and the heavens were in different layers"?
    It's a thing in Aristotlian physics. The separation of the terrestrial sphere made up of the 4 elements, and the celestial spheres where the planets reside in aether, all revolving around the earth. The boundaries of these spheres are quite literal.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here