Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    T'was good, but I did feel that Kogetsukan was the better one overall.

There were a lot of interesting ideas here, and the setting itself was really cool, but by the end it was tied up a bit too ... neatly? I mean I guess that's the point since this is mean to be Moriarty's own redo of a past failure and trying to make things "right", but it left out exploring the manner that things were taking. It didn't help that I felt that Sieg's decision and the revelation about why he did what he did was weaker than Harriet's. They both did something wrong, but Harriet had a more understandable reasoning for her decisions, while Sieg was going to let the town be destroyed because of this scheme.

I also wish we did get to vote on who was the culprit like we did in Kogetsukan. It might have been a basic mystery, but it was still fun speculating about it.

I think that Kogetsukan was a bit better in fleshing out the cast since it was needed for the mystery aspect to work there, while this one is more relevant in terms of connecting how Guda/ko's relationship with Moriarty is changing him/affecting his views since Shinjuku. Just wish there was an option to just fuck shit up with all of the gangs, since the ultimate result here was pretty much just a "good end" rather than a mischievous result.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    If you took away the Servant faces and gave them OCs names and added a bit more intrigue, you'd probably be guaranteed a 85~95 for a BL fanfic contest.
    Yeah, I think that making the event story longer so we could see how the dynamic between the gangs and the mages play out would have been really cool. As is, what's there is good, but there could have been a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    You mean a contest on this site, right?

Cuz at first I thought you meant it was, like, the plot of a yaoi VN or something.
    tbh, playing as the male Guda, and the way Moriarty is, it sort of had that vibe, where this did feel like it was a side route where you are romancing the silver fox and helping him with getting over the past. Then again, I don't know if silver foxes are particularly popular in VN's, even if they are a stable of western romance novels.

That and some of his shop lines are kinda flirty.

(But You was talking bout the fanfic's contest on this forum

Probably)
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

Taste the Rainbow
    pretty dudes: check
    rich dudes: check
    mature dudes: check
    young dudes: check
    rivalry between dudes: check
    MC is in a position to get along with all of them: check
    no females: check

I dunno...

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    but what if i play as gudako because this is cbc event
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Den it's an otome VN instead
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Still salty over being summoned as an older man unlike Holmes I see.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    if they really push only 2 LB chapters this year the story better worth the wait

china was not worth the wait

Why wouldnt it be more than 2? Have I missed something

Anything interesting in Ryuutan's interlude? I am hoping he mentions Jubei.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Why wouldnt it be more than 2? Have I missed something
    well they have 4 LBs left

its 5 months wo chapter right now

dividing 2 chapter each year seems like a nice, even split

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gosh, so we likely won't get Lostbelt Britain until 2020?

That makes me a sad panda. T_T
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

I wouldn't be so sure of that...

Blog Entries
    im not sure either

but if it did happen, you know, i hope its worth the longass wait

im still salty about china

- - - Updated - - -

actually britain is probably end of 2019 so its not 2020 technically i guess

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I liked China lostbelt a lot, but even then thinking that we might end up with 2 chapters a year until the end of Nasu's involvement is kind of a bummer

I mean, I hope its not the case and they end up picking up steam near the back end of the year ... but it does feel like we are going to get slower chapter releases

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    actually britain is probably end of 2019 so its not 2020 technically i guess
    On the "plus" side we're going to get a preview of how that looks in 9 days irl
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

JP Friend Code
    India better not disappoint becuz I will pour salt on Nasu regardless of who writing it.

I'm assuming we'll get something next month, then something in august, and then end 2019

of course, I can be utterly wrong, don't take this as facts, its just a feeling

Blog Entries
    Yagyu interlude summary:

Yagyu's past time is using the simulator to tour and enjoy food of different country and time. His frequent visits worried MC whom doesn't know this, so he follow Yagyu once with Diamuid, Chiyome and Tomoe as company and knew about this past time of Yagyu from the men himself. He revealed that this time is a little different since a bushin of Caster Limbo is sent by the guy to assassinate MC, so he is here to slay the bunshin.

Douman tries to use his trick in 1.5.4 to alter Yagyu's SG and turn him into Eirei Kengou, but Yagyu easily slashed off the justu and finish the bunshin off with ease(as shown in battle with all those buffs). It is revealed that the actual Yagyu whom died of old age in pan human history achieved Kensei eventually and thus more powerful and mature than the 1.5.4 version, whom even Yagyu agreed is shallow and immature. In a flashback, MC remembers Musasshi admitting she is no match of servant Yagyu for now due to his perfected skills and mentality, but that's okay since she is climbing higher with her knowledge of zero.

It should be noted the interlude reveals that Tomoe has problems with her sense of taste: sometime it works normally, but sometimes it went nuts which is why she can cook well on Valentine's Day but is so wacky during Beni's event. It is a born problem it seems and there is little she can do about it. Also, it is revealed that Jyubei is male, and he admitted on his father's grave that he thinks he is the best of his time.

- - - Updated - - -

For Lobo:

Reveled that only Nursery Rhyme and Ekindu can communicate with him since they are non-human. Lobo answered MC's call since he held onto a faint hope that his children survived and migrated, eventually spreading his bloodline and his descendants are still living in the world. Thus, the burning of humanity which also kills of all living things is a big no to Lobo and he is fighting to defend his family. It is also noted that the comfortable distance between him and MC is also changing since he is slowly seeing them as his pup, so he is fighting to protect instead of vengeance.

Blog Entries
    Read Semiramis interlude

respect for Onnes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Read Semiramis interlude

respect for Onnes
    I lost my interest in Semi when the writers are still trying to strangle her and Amakusa with the red string. I like her character but her relationship with Amakusa has nothing to do with her myth.