Page 3078 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2078257829783028306830733076307730783079308030833088312831783578 ... LastLast
Results 61,541 to 61,560 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It's Sunday, I'm bored and I haven't seen much speculation on LB6 so I thought I'd do some idle theorising based on the little that we do know.

Apologises if this is re-treading old ground

Okay, let's get the obvious out of the way. The title of his Lostbelt is "The Hour of the Star's Birth" with the subtitle being the heavily corrupted "*** Round Table Territory ********". Honestly I think the reference to the Round Table is a slight red herring so we'll just put a pin in that and come back to it later.

For now I want to concentrate on that Divergence Date - "500 A.D." The second I heard it I knew it was familiar but I never bothered to double check until now. It's the commonly used date to reference Gildas' "Obsessio Badonici montis" or in plain English the Battle of Badon Hill. In the world of Arthurian mythos, this was the Twelfth and final Battle that King Arthur fought against the Anglo-Saxons brought in by Vortigern and Arthur's victory meant peace from the Saxons until after Arthur's death.

Obviously in the Nasuverse version this is most likely where Vortigern transforms into the giant dragon and Artoria/Gawain double team him before killing him with Rhongomyniad. Naturally if this is what changed history it stands to reason that Vortigern most likely won the battle in the altered timeline, since I doubt TM are lazy enough to have "Evil Artoria" yet again. What is the "Star's Birth"? I dunno, maybe Vortigern om nom nom'd Rhongomyniad and became a Holy Dragon King or something. Maybe that "primordial curse" in Artoria's family's blood that Excalibur Morgan references might finally come into play who knows.

IIRC Beryl mentions stuff about spending his time killing people in his Lostbelt and something about how the Human Order is under strain. Assuming the Lostbelt King is indeed Vortigern who wanted to remove the Age of Man from Britain and create his Paradise of Darkness, that tracks well with humanity inside Britain being on the verge of extinction.

So taking into consideration those presumptions, it stands to reason the likelihood that the redacted word before "Round Table" likely gives away that it's not Artoria's but someone else's - something like "Vortigerns Round Table Territory" lead by his right hand man Hengist or something to that effect. The fact that Gareth was released as part of a separate event definitely makes me think it's not going to be the regular Round Table at least.

Beryl's Servant on the other hand is a complete mystery now that who we assumed it was - Charlotte Corday is shown not contracted to him. I don't think I can even make a guess as sometimes the Crypters' Servants are contemporaries to the LB Kings and sometimes they aren't.

Anyways I think that's everything based on what we know so far. Not a lot to go on for the actual plot of the Lostbelt in the modern day when the MC arrives, but Vortigern being the key factor is something I feel very confident about at least.

Feel free to tell me how wrong I am.
    I think Da Vinci's infodump on Babylonia and Merlin's lecture on GoA about True Aether are teasings about what LB6 will be about
    Regarding Beryl's servant, can't remember if it was LB2 or another one that confirmed the servant the crypters summoned is restricted to belonging to their territories (which means, Beryl's servant should be from the British Islands). But nothing really restrics them from making contracts with other servants on site so...

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'm still waiting for Beryl to kidnap Matthew at the end of LB5.

Maybe Morgan makes evil clones of Matthew to fight and do nefarious things with Galahad powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    One thing to note is that for LB6 the LB's territory border is different from the rest. Instead of being a storm wall, it's a wall of light. That might just be Rhongo doing its thing like in Camelot. The question is who's holding Rhon in that history.

Inb4 LB6 is a world in which Morgan stole the lance instead of the scabbard

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That would mean Saber comes out off Callamm totally fine.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Oh nice, this is a part II interlude.

JP Friend Code
    I have a weird hunch LB6 will have Artoria and Guinevere lead a Merry Men-style rebellion against Vortigern. A properly aged Artoria even (I'm not quite sure the tits goddess is her natural form). She would still try to pass as a dude, probably.

Blog Entries
    Better late than never I suppose, but here's Calamity Jane's translated profile: https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Calamity_Jane (Skip down to the biography section to see it) Also, I'm happy now that I don't have to keep updating the same post everytime a new translated story section on reddit comes out.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Event blurbs:

Chaldea is quite busy during this Christmas season. Not because they have to prepare the presents and cakes, but also because a new Santa Servant is coming. In order to calm down the Servants in the Rayshifted location, she was chosen as the new Santa: the lady distributing health as a present.
    "Like Christmas needs a Santa, the ill need nurse. And, of course, a Singularity needs a Master".
    -
    The observed Singularity is a mysterious island covered in snow!? All Servants there are fighting for some reason... A hot Christmas battle begins in these cold winter times!
    -
    The Santa Island hosts a battle royale among all who wish to become Santa. Who will put a stop to this battle?!

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    seeing Boudica at the kitchen is bless.

CKT for the win.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Event blurbs:

Chaldea is quite busy during this Christmas season. Not because they have to prepare the presents and cakes, but also because a new Santa Servant is coming. In order to calm down the Servants in the Rayshifted location, she was chosen as the new Santa: the lady distributing health as a present.
    "Like Christmas needs a Santa, the ill need nurse. And, of course, a Singularity needs a Master".
    -
    The observed Singularity is a mysterious island covered in snow!? All Servants there are fighting for some reason... A hot Christmas battle begins in these cold winter times!
    -
    The Santa Island hosts a battle royale among all who wish to become Santa. Who will put a stop to this battle?!
    Considering that the Santa is already decided, isng this kind of battle completely and utterly pointless? Though, seriously, Ash wants to be a Santa? What's up.with that?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    so Nightingale uses syringe shaped machine gun with ample as bullet and also functions as umbrella.

based Jormungand author.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Who will show up in these event?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Astolfo, presumably
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Considering that the Santa is already decided, isng this kind of battle completely and utterly pointless?
    Not if all parties are opposed.
    Though, seriously, Ash wants to be a Santa? What's up.with that?
    Probably just a moody phase he's going through. Not like we've ever gotten a dude Santa until now either.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    Not like we've ever gotten a dude Santa until now either.
    JC says hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    JC says hi
    Sweet. Could you tell him to define his initials too? And ask if he's in the summonable Servant pool?

- - - Updated - - -

/jk

Could anyone share a TL of this? If it exists yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    Sweet. Could you tell him to define his initials too? And ask if he's in the summonable Servant pool?

- - - Updated - - -

/jk

Could anyone share a TL of this? If it exists yet.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/FGOGuide/co...r_and/f8rz1ak/
    ★5(SSR) Astolfo (Saber)

It’s the long-awaited Saber Astolfo!
    His motives are unclear, his logic is lacking and he’s devoid of reason; he might be full of detriments, but in any case, he’s the kindest Saber.
    Yay, how is it, are you looking, yay!

"I am your sword! (maybe)
    Saber Astolfo has arrived!
    Yay, are the Twelve Paladins looking~?"
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Thank you!