Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Isidoro and Adriana really are my main suspects now.

Usually, we can trust the detective because the narrator is the detective's trusted assistant, but in this case our POV is Elis and we have absolutely no access to Adriana's thoughts, so it's entirely possible that Isidoro and Adriana are just criminals who claimed detective to control their own investigation.

Blog Entries
    Hm, hm. Now I'm craving ice cream, after reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Hm, hm. Now I'm craving ice cream, after reading this.
    Huh? Okay, that felt like a bit of a non sequitur, but I'll bite. Why ice cream specifically? Is it some reference that flew over my head or do you just enjoy eating ice cream while reading mysteries?

Blog Entries
    Hyouka.

I can say no more.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Hyouka.
    I can say no more.
    I see you have some good taste.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Too bad you cant say more, because

I'm curious!

Holmes:
    When I went to ask him to accommodate me with just a little something, he… no, my circumstances are irrelevant here.
    Did Holmes went to ask Paracelsus for drugs? He did, right?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    That's what he's saying, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Sasuga Holmes.

And we give Detroit Emiya shit for doping.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Across time and space...his cocaine habit persists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    The sheer screwiness of this event with regards to the timeline, and to a lesser extent Oniland, lead me to suspect that it's either non-canon to a degree, or has something to do with screwy memories (fairly unlikely, given we just had that with Lady Reines Case Files, but hey, playing with expectations?), or is some kind of foreshadowing that that there're alternate Chaldeas out there after all.

Or it could just be something to be taken at face value, as something to bridge the gap between players who're into Lostbelt versus those who're still in Timeless Temple or Epic of Remnant. But, speculation is more fun, so the former, simple explanation isn't to my speed.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    The sheer screwiness of this event with regards to the timeline, and to a lesser extent Oniland, lead me to suspect that it's either non-canon to a degree, or has something to do with screwy memories (fairly unlikely, given we just had that with Lady Reines Case Files, but hey, playing with expectations?), or is some kind of foreshadowing that that there're alternate Chaldeas out there after all.

Or it could just be something to be taken at face value, as something to bridge the gap between players who're into Lostbelt versus those who're still in Timeless Temple or Epic of Remnant. But, speculation is more fun, so the former, simple explanation isn't to my speed.
    I'm pretty sure I read somehwere that Madoi originally wrote the event (and novel) taking place after SIN, but Nasu changed the game event so that everybody could play it. So blame all the weirdness on Nasu.

I can't remember where I saw it though.

Lemme look for it.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    So blame all the weirdness on Nasu.
    >Nasu
    I can't consider it proof, but it is a point of interest that I shall no doubt latch onto and use as fodder for ever-increasingly conspiratorial speculation.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    I'm pretty sure I read somehwere that Madoi originally wrote the event (and novel) taking place after SIN, but Nasu changed the game event so that everybody could play it. So blame all the weirdness on Nasu.

I can't remember where I saw it though.

Lemme look for it.
    Didn't Nasu post that on his blog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Kinoko asked to adjust the story timeline because of many 'requests' by players.

please don't blame it all on Kinoko. it's consequence of social game.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Who are these "fans" you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Here's the blog post about it.

"The second Mystery Fair, A Study on the Puzzling Mahousou has begun! Enjoy.

I can't tell anything about its contents because it would contain spoiler, but I can talk about structure, with the novel version and the game version.
    The Murder at Kogetsukan and Murder at Meihousou novels being published by Seikaisha are mystery novels about the FGO world written by Ban Madoi.
    Instead of just printing the game's script as a novel, we are making stories that add extra gimmicks to game version's scenario.

We first received the current Mystery Fair's base script this January. From that we made the game event A Study on the Puzzling Meihousou, then novel Murder at Meihousou was written after the game script was completed.
    It's not a simple novel adaptation of the game event, it hides some surprise that will make you go 'Ah!' when you notice them, so for your enjoyment, it's recommended that play the game version first.

Also, this Mystery Fair was produced a little bit differently from the previous Kogetsukan.
    Original script: Ban Madoi.
    Rewrite for the game version: Writer Team.
    If we had to give a reason why we picked this format, it would be to cause more differences between the novel version and the game version.
    How much different are they? Let's take a concrete example:
    * The story starting point for the novel (original) version was the Part 2 Chapter 3 Prologue, so to make the play conditions more accessible, the Writer Team decided to change it to Part 1.
    This change requires a following change of that one character being replaced by a different character. Everything pertaining the replaced character's role and text is handled by Nasu.
    * Since the Servants this time do more than just portraying their respective characters, all Servant lines are being supervised and rewritten by each Servant's respective writer.

The changing in starting point caused tone shift in the script, but the original's atmosphere and logic remains the same.
    Enjoy your 7-days thinking game to your heart's content.

Huh? Even with this explanation you still feel something's wrong? It contradicts what was previously established?
    Hohohohoho. That's where you savor the best part of the mystery, young'un."

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    It'll be nice if it didn't come right after another mystery event

- - - Updated - - -

After Losbelt 4 should do
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Who are these "fans" you speak of?
    it's more of a DW trying to attract new players though, usual business.

at least this year's Valentine had 2 timelines depending on player's progress so Murasaki being in old Chaldea won't feel weird.