Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I actually have doubts on that, from what he said in his trailer he apparently had a lot of famous quotes. I wouldn't think that be something that would apply to Shrapnel
    In before its neither of the two.

Heck, he might be Wellington. He (or the Coalition Force in general) start adapting Napoleon's own tactic against him after all, stretch it a little (or to the max) and the guy now wields the infamous Batterie without being Napoleon himself.

Though, if it turns out being Napoleon then I will be very happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    What, the one that's almost definitely Charlotte Corday?
    Yeah.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Napoleon should also have interesting interactions with the Pharaohs, so there's that.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    For someone very firmly grounded in fact like napoleon, he'd probably be effected to a limited extent unless you have a skill like innocent monster
    Firmly grounded in fact? No less an authority than the Archbishop of Dublin argued he never existed at all!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Yeah her interactions she would have with Sanson is the biggest draw to me. Because right now Sanson's character is pretty firmly centered on Marie with his guilt over her death, I'm curious what he would be like to his other victims as well (now this includes Robespierre)
    Not gonna lie, if one of Corday's things is that she can detach her head like some kind of anime dullahan then I'm going to have to save some Quartz.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If she is Corday, she'd be, like, the natural counter to Medb or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    It probably beats having only a stripper

and no siegfried doesnt count
    Ah other then Brynhild Nothern Europe has Beowulf and Eric.

Eric so far has little to show off(pls TM answer my prayers for the next Lostbelt) but Beowulf is pretty cool, I mean he is technically from the area.

Also do the Russians count?
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

I meant country-wise, not area based

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I meant country-wise, not area based
    Well then Eric still counts. He was the king of Norway for a bit after all.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Eric is ugly and lame sorry Norwegian TM fans

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Saint Waifu'd, madman, executioner, trap, second trap (Astolfo), Meme Queen... Charlemagne probably got it the best of the lot, really. Unless you count Lancelot as French (which you should).
    None of this are really the problem

Shame on you

And calling Eon as a trap? Do you even know his story?
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; June 21st, 2018 at 08:59 PM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    i’m sorry i meant Gunnhild’s cellphone

US Friend Code
    Anyway as the lack of South American and Sub-Saharan Servants was brought up, that got me into a little analytical mood. So excuse me as I go on.

As for South America. As mentions by TM other then ORT I'm only aware of two. One was in the SN when they were discussing stuff from Gil's vault and along with Holy Swords from Nothern Europe, Demonic Swords from South America was mentioned after. Now what that means I have no idea because it makes no sense at all, for one I'm not aware of any famous swords from there, let alone any demonic, I mean what we think of as swords really didn't even exist in that place before the Europeans came. So while that is probably baseless fluff text I have no idea what Nasu had in mind when he wrote that. The second time SA was mentioned was by Ozy in his Valentine's scene where he mentions an "Emperor of South America". Now i take it he was being general in that respect since there was never an empire that controlled everything there. The problem is he was discussing it in relation to chocolate, which he said was enjoyed there, when actually chocolate came from Central not the South so Ozy probably thinking about the wrong thing. (That said seeing an Inca Emperor as a Servant would be very cool, especially the first one Pachacuti who created the empire. I'd think he be a very strong Servant. That said it's unclear whether or when TM will explore that area. Given the hints about Daybits Lostbelt it's applied they will take a more focused look at Central but below I have no idea. Really hope they do.)

As for sub-saharan Africa. Technically we already have a Servant from that area, that is technically. The Queen of Sheba technically is even though her mention originates from the Middle East, this mostly has to do with the Ethiopian claims of her kingdom being them, which her profile does mention. Now while that wasn't confirmed so far it is something. As for some proper Servants from there, if TM goes by popularity my guesses at least from the Western side of the continent would be either Sundiata, which the most traditional hero from there you can get or Munsa Mass. You know the guy who crashes the Middle East economy when he visited because he was so damn rich. (The first thought of him being a Servant brought to mind the image of TM genderbending him into a genki girl who throws money at everything, you have so rights to question the state of my mind that it is now). Other then that Shaka Zulu would be obvious, I can see him being a good 3*, his NP would probably be something of a mix between Fuuma's and Leonidas. Then again this would be it if they decided to pick obvious stuff, they have been good at picking people that you wouldn't expect at first. The problem with this is that looking over the Lostbelts no area seems that it will explore that area, so the Servants we could see most likely have to be added to other things and be summoned for reasons other then nationality. Which sadly leaves us with just RNG on whether we will see one or not.

This has just been me rambling on.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; June 21st, 2018 at 09:08 PM.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    I've been to africa and can confirm nothing exists below the Sahara, therefore I see nothing wrong
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    It's not empty

But the only thing that lives there are singing lions
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

"Emperor of South America"
    He was talking about Quetz, cacao was very important in aztec culture, you don't need to overthink that reference
    Choosing pre-columbian HS yeah is not easy as the most well knowns come from the aztecs, mayans and incas that became the most popular out of all the cultures here (to the point that is the most common that this ones are the only ones they teach at school -this have been changing in later years-)
    On top of my head I can think right now of the mayan divine twins from the Popol Vuh or the legendary founders of the Inca empire as well as their main deity Viracocha, if you want people more at south from the aztecs
    Last edited by Lobo; June 21st, 2018 at 09:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Vairocana is a Buddhist deity(?), and is already in the Fate series in the form of one T Mae

You're thinking of Viracocha

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Vairocana is a Buddhist deity(?), and is already in the Fate series in the form of one T Mae

You're thinking of Viracocha
    Right, sorry, my brain is a little fried after today exams, I clearly need my rest
    There, fixed

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    For someone very firmly grounded in fact like napoleon, he'd probably be effected to a limited extent unless you have a skill like innocent monster
    Innocent Monster (Smol)

- - - Updated - - -

Can i also complain about my country's nonexistent eirei
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    He was talking about Quetz, cacao was very important in aztec culture, you don't need to overthink that reference
    Choosing pre-columbian HS yeah is not easy as the most well knowns come from the aztecs, mayans and incas that became the most popular out of all the cultures here (to the point that is the most common that this ones are the only ones they teach at school -this have been changing in later years-)
    On top of my head I can think right now of the mayan divine twins from the Popol Vuh or the legendary founders of the Inca empire as well as their main deity Viracocha, if you want people more at south from the aztecs
    Quetz wasn't an Emperor, also not from South America. None of those things apply to her. Saying God or King of Central America would be fine. But Quetz has no relation to South America, none what so ever.

And the problem isn't whether there are figures from that area, whether pre-columbian or post. It's just that we haven't actually had any from there. And I'm talking about the South, not the cultures from the central. While it is common that the Inca are lumped together with the Mayans and Aztecs, they are as seperate from them as it can be both geographically and culturally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Can i also complain about my country's nonexistent eirei
    Certainly

anywhere than here