Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiakiKakumei View Post
    Spoiler:
    So what's Sion's role at the end of Lostbelt 2 other than a cameo?

I'm hype for Lostbelt 3 now. Plz come soon.
    I think she was the one that greeted us when we came to the Wandering Sea
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Oh yeah do we not actually reach the Wandering Sea until the end? Talk about a cockblock.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Oh yeah do we not actually reach the Wandering Sea until the end? Talk about a cockblock.
    Well if it was in the the North Sea, and the Lostbelt was Northern Europe(I.e. Germany) we would have to go through that to get to the island

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    The interaction between Sigurd and Bryn is gold once he gains back control of his body.

"It is natural for people to fall for your beauty, but Emperor, you will not have her love since I have it" is one of the coolest lines I've heard.

Hey man. Could you please give me any info on Ophelia`s mystic eye?

DARE NI MO MAKENAI
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    By reddit user pplovesk, a big summary of the LB. moonreaders correct what’s wrong
    . Sutur ate Fenrir, got his icy flame, and became too powerful. Norse deities united and managed to seal him inside the giant sun that we saw with the cost of nine realms and everyone life except Skadi, who survived thanks to being fused with Scathach and thus escaped from Sutur detection. Also this Sutur also became too ambitious and want to incinerate whole world instead of Scandinavia (This supposed to be one of the reason this LB was pruned out by Human Order). Skadi gathered the survived humans and giants, hoping to recreate the society to no avail. Too much of Skadi magical energy must be used to constantly suppress now-sealed-Surtur and his blue flames and thus development of civilization has been severely limited. In other word Skadi herself actually wants to use her power to help humans develop normally like our society but cannot afford to due to having to keep Sutur in check (her winter is supposed to become a foundation for a new spring that will come).

When Ophelia was caught in the explosion, her vision linked with Sutur after his failed Ragnarok (before he was sealed of course), enabling them to converse and he then secretly bound himself with her via her mystic eye while also casting a curse onto her. This is why he was able to intercept the summoning of Sigurd and hypnotize her for awhile until Napoleon's sacrifice.

Surtur, after consuming the Imaginary Tree, regained his full power (i.e. icy flame) but then Napolean sacrificed himself to basically turn his normal NP into super Stella. Ophelia also used that super-command spell thingy to forcefully destroy her own Mystic Eye to cut her tie with Surtur (at the cost of her own life). Since Surtur already used his NP, his head was blown to pieces by Napolean and also lost his mana source from Ophelia he was left in a vulnerable state where he must take quite a time to heal himself up. We then finished him off before he regenerate by destroying his spiritual core since he was also a kind of heroic spirit, but with the cost of Sigurd and Brynhildr life (the core was inside his magma body and both of them was fatally injured by it).
    Story-wise, the fights with Skadi and Imaginary Tree after were supposed to be super easy since Skadi had already spent most of her mana when helping us fighting Sutur and the tree was also heavily damaged by the time we fight it.

-Ophelia was in love with Wodime, she realized that on her deathbed when conversing with Mashu. She also wished to say thanks to Napoleon for his words and his final rainbow (NP) that he showed her & tell him that she actually rejected his proposal(lol) if they were to meet again.

Surtur's final flashback : Surtur actually felt gratitude towards Ophelia when she found him. He felt bad for his own failure to properly initiate his planned Ragnarok since his own being was solely born for the purpose of putting an end to Gods yet he failed his it so he felt down a lot. Then Ophelia found him at his final moment and he found that she sympathizing with him soothed his sadness. He wants to do her something to return the favor but since he is a being of destruction he doesn't know what to do other than burning everything to ashes.

- Ironically Skadi said that with Surtur's death this LB now attained a new hope since she doesn't have to spend a lot of mana to suppress Surtur anymore the society might be able to actually develop. That's why she steeled her resolve and challenged us, while fully aware that it would likely ended in her loss since she, the valkyrie and the tree were already worn out at that time.

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    So no elaboration on how Skadi and Scathach fused after all? Waiting for part 2 banner I guess.

Sounds like a fine enough story.

US Friend Code
    Actually looking at it, there’s more similarities between Queen Skadi and Scathach then I thought. Hearing her as a queen the first thing that came to mind was how Scathach ruled as described in the mats, at least a bit.

anywhere than here

Servant Conception Extraordinaire MoonCell's Avatar
    So... Ophelia is or isn't dead at the end?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Wow Napoleon gets bullied by Four so much for the great emperor

- - - Updated - - -

Also who summoned Napoleon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    is Herk there the real deal?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    People are amused that Sigurd is the one who is much more direct with expressing his love. Bryn is just a blushing mess around him.
    Too cute. I will do everything I can to reunite them.

So like, 20 quartz and a ticket tops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was the land, but in response to Ophelia somehow. Or was he just summoned by the land and decided to help Ophelia? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Four also bullied the greatest mage of arthurian myth and a badass bitch summerian goddess.

A mere emperor is child`s play

JP Friend Code
    So Surtr has Monstrous Strength B+++, Limb of Destruction A++, Giant Husk A, Scorching Body (Attacks apply burn status, immune to burn, bonus dmg to Divine). Also immune to mental status.

His NP is Loptr Laegjarn (Loki Laevateinn) (The sword of flame shining brighter than the sun).

Also magic energy 4 millions. I have Rhon beam flashbacks.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Surtr kinda reminds me of Tiamat
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    I mean, we did have to pull a Tiamat lite on him (nerfing his saint graph down to a masterless servant). We're lucky he's not Beast level and has death concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    So Surtr has Monstrous Strength B+++, Limb of Destruction A++, Giant Husk A, Scorching Body (Attacks apply burn status, immune to burn, bonus dmg to Divine). Also immune to mental status.

His NP is Loptr Laegjarn (Loki Laevateinn) (The sword of flame shining brighter than the sun).

Also magic energy 4 millions. I have Rhon beam flashbacks.
    Jesus Christ how is anyone supposed to get "Loptr Laegjarn" from "ロプトル・レーギャルン"? >.>

Wow, they really build him up like a Servant. I'm really interested in what his skills do, apart from the Monstrous Strength (though I wouldn't mind knowing where the pluses come from).

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenkavalier View Post
    Jesus Christ how is anyone supposed to get "Loptr Laegjarn" from "ロプトル・レーギャルン"? >.>
    I frankly give up when I see this. It's already hard enough to try to read English words from the Katakana, no way in hell I touch non-English words.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Laevateinn? What does that have to do with Surtur?

JP Friend Code
    The JP sources for Loki rendered Loptr as ロプトル, and Laegjarn is, well, Laevateinn. It is common in Japan fiction to attribute Surtr's sword with it despite Surtr's sword is basically unnamed in legend, thanks SMT.