Page 2349 of 2349 FirstFirst ... 134918492249229923392344234723482349
Results 46,961 to 46,976 of 46976

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

  1. #46961
    Knight of 'Sumanai' Iceblade44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Coast of the USA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,637
    US Friend Code
    260,781,010
    Void being an alien isn't necessarily of him being a hole but that the description of him being the hole was the same way they described the alien priestess. Thus speculation.

    As for Beryl, don't know. The bigger question that if he is, how would he be alive? The only people in Arthurian Myth that actually have basis for continued living is Merlin and in some cases Arthur. Now that doesn't mean it's impossible for what your suggesting, just that if it was then they would have to invent the reason themselves, as their is no available basis in myth
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"


    anywhere than here

  2. #46962
    how about some magical creatures or demons or somesuch?

    wasnt Gowther a thing in the myths?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Void being an alien isn't necessarily of him being a hole but that the description of him being the hole was the same way they described the alien priestess. Thus speculation.

    i know the whole logic behind the theory. i just didnt feel like writing the entirety of it down

  3. #46963
    Knight of 'Sumanai' Iceblade44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Coast of the USA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,637
    US Friend Code
    260,781,010
    Not really, that guy wasn't part of the main Arthur mythos. If you want people who had a grudge against Arthur thus antagonistic that's Morgan la Fay(and not even her in the original sources) and Mordred, and we already know the answers for that one. If Beryel has a connection to Galahad himself that's even more clueless, because Galahad was hated by no one. Mary Sue reigns supreme. Though of course my knowledge of Arthur is limited, so there could be stff I don't know.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"


    anywhere than here

  4. #46964
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,498
    Arthur had plenty of enemies in addition to Morgan and Mordred. Off the top of my head there were Morgause, Lucius, the sorceress of Saxon Rock, that giant-king whose name I forget (Rience, maybe?) who wanted Arthur's beard in tribute...
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

  5. #46965
    鉄華団 Laserman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    Maybe they followed "never turn your back on your enemy"

    Avicebron tried to create situation where we can safely flee

    idk, that's how I see it
    That works I guess.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


  6. #46966
    Knight of 'Sumanai' Iceblade44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Coast of the USA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,637
    US Friend Code
    260,781,010
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Arthur had plenty of enemies in addition to Morgan and Mordred. Off the top of my head there were Morgause, Lucius, the sorceress of Saxon Rock, that giant-king whose name I forget (Rience, maybe?) who wanted Arthur's beard in tribute...
    They already discusses the giant king in Hollow, but in joking. Since Artoria didn't have a beard, they went and asked for the next best thing. Her ahoge. Now tell me they would take a character like that and make him Beryl.

    Also Morgause doesn't exist in Fate. Morgan has taken the role of mother of the Orkney siblings
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"


    anywhere than here

  7. #46967
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,042
    Blog Entries
    1
    Fate is hardly the first work to combine Morgan and Morgause
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

  8. #46968
    hey, we got Prellati, Cath Palug in the tsuki timelines and a mammoth in rhe 21st century.

    at this point, i wont rule it out until i see a body

    - - - Updated - - -

    fuck it, we already got several bodies for Prellati anyway

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hell, Morgan is either a fairy or saber's sister who even got her hands on some of her genetic material and stole a relic that made you immortal.

    not hard to picture Beryl being her in disguise or one of her descendants

  9. #46969
    天衣無縫・狐耳系万能若奥さま Mizukume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,326
    JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    What you described fit Abe no Seimei more than someone from the Arthurian legend.

    JP FGO Main account
    JP FGO Sub account

  10. #46970
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors pinetree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,590
    JP Friend Code
    578,393,635
    US Friend Code
    326,832,196
    Didn't You say before that Vortigern was also called a hole in reality? Not that I think Beryl is him or anything like that.

  11. #46971
    O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,030
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    There were right there, one of the Crypters and the Servant that froze Chaldea over. If they wanted to run, they should have retreated before the fight even started.
    They fought, its not working, enemy too strong and mysterious, they gonna get punked if this continues, gotta retreat to rethink strategies and get more allies

    Which they would end up do but spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    you don't need to think about it that hard
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I dont get it
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    nothing makes sense

  12. #46972
    The Wolf King Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Hell, Morgan is either a fairy or saber's sister who even got her hands on some of her genetic material and stole a relic that made you immortal.
    not hard to picture Beryl being her in disguise or one of her descendants
    Case Files vol 7 already deals a little with what happened with Morgan after Camlann so its kinda hard for her to be Beryl
    Spoiler:
    In the story, Waver theories that who stablish the ritual to bring back King Arthur from the death was Morgan herself. She traveled to Wales where the cementery of Blackmore was and build the village to take care of the ritual after she was gone. Waver even thinks the statue of the Black Madonna worshipped in the village is modeled after her. But the point is she's no longer in this world (by the time of Case Files, Morgan is though to have passed away a long time ago, who knows what the new one summoned in Go is up to).
    Also, all the contradiction in the stories about her are explained as the name "Morgan Le Fay" spread through Europe and become a placeholder name that assimilated many legends of fairies, witches and earth goddesses (like the ones assimilated into Black Madonnas). Like the legend of the Morrigan, that explained the three personality bit in GoA (nice reference).
    Moreover, when Gray and Waver ask Kay about if the Morgan he knew would stablish such a ritual after having try a coup d'etat against Arthur and if the legend about Morgan being one of the fairies that carried King Arthur's body to Avalon while promising they return as the "one and future king" are true; he's answer is that he doesn't know because he was already death at the time but he never got to understand her. This is important because Kay's mind was used to make Add and sealed Rhon in the village.
    (There is also a nice bit before that scene where Gray wonders how Kay must have felt about Morgan as both are "the brother and sister of King Arthur")

  13. #46973
    鉄華団 Laserman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    They fought, its not working, enemy too strong and mysterious, they gonna get punked if this continues, gotta retreat to rethink strategies and get more allies

    Which they would end up do but spoilers.
    Oh okay, that explains everything. Thanks.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


  14. #46974
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,972
    Blog Entries
    1
    Or simply Beryl is a fan of Galahad and had no interest in Mashu at all. Heck, he might even find her being in the way for him to meet the actual Galahad.

  15. #46975
    吸血鬼 Vampire
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    24
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Void being an alien isn't necessarily of him being a hole but that the description of him being the hole was the same way they described the alien priestess. Thus speculation.

    As for Beryl, don't know. The bigger question that if he is, how would he be alive? The only people in Arthurian Myth that actually have basis for continued living is Merlin and in some cases Arthur. Now that doesn't mean it's impossible for what your suggesting, just that if it was then they would have to invent the reason themselves, as their is no available basis in myth
    They could always pull a Bedivere, I guess?

  16. #46976
    Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Night of Wallachia
    Posts
    25,212
    JP Friend Code
    083945095
    US Friend Code
    296095729
    Blog Entries
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    kind of a wild theory, but since i have seen people theorize that the reason why Beryl went after Mash was because he sensed Gallahad and he is in the camelot lostbelt, what are the odds that Beryl is actually some creature or character from Arthurian legend holding a grudge on the round table? who from Arthur myth would fit such a bill and could still be alive today?

    because hey, if people are already speculating that Void is an alien because "lol, hole in reality", this doesnt seem all that unlikely by comparisson, especially since Beryl doesnt seem fully human
    Son of the Questing Beast, coming to a B-Grade Lostbelt near you!

    - - - Updated - - -

    starring boris karloff
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •