Page 1001 of 2033 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919969991000100110021003100610111051110115012001 ... LastLast
Results 20,001 to 20,020 of 40642

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

  1. #20001
    Inactive mewarmo990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Space Battleship Aoko
    Posts
    15,443
    JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Lucky, I got spoiled like a week into the game.
    me too but only the name, at first

    f u royd

  2. #20002
    吸血鬼 Vampire
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    354
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    The most spoilery spoiler of spoilers

    That probably would've been a real wham moment if not for datamining.

    Is this still a spoiler now?
    Spoiler:
    What is he saying?

  3. #20003
    此処に辿るはあらゆる収斂。 此処に示すはあらゆる宿願。 Arashi_Leonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Plume Hell
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,930
    JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    115
    Mashu's identity.

  4. #20004
    Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,831
    Blog Entries
    25
    I think the possibility of anyone staying unspoiled on that plot point was shot down as soon as it got added to her wiki page with no indication that it wasn't supposed to be common knowledge.

  5. #20005
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,372
    JP Friend Code
    by request
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well, that's why I prefer to use Kyte's now defunct profile thread. Problem with that is it's out-of-date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  6. #20006
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,018
    Blog Entries
    1
    But it's revealed in game, so we can stop treating it like a secret now?

    Lancelot is the true king of spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.

  7. #20007
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,372
    JP Friend Code
    by request
    Blog Entries
    1
    No one is complaining about it being revealed in this chapter. It's people openly discussing as early as the prologue that people are upset about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  8. #20008
    死徒 Dead Apostle Master of Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant Shiki View Post
    Other than her Weight and Height, has there been any change to Lancer Alter's profile?
    Nope, not really.

    Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

    F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

    quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

  9. #20009
    死徒 Dead Apostle King_of_None's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    531
    JP Friend Code
    941,041,577
    So nothing on Tristan's now?
    Spoiler:

  10. #20010
    分かろうとするな、感じれ Mcjon01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,900
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I think the possibility of anyone staying unspoiled on that plot point was shot down as soon as it got added to her wiki page with no indication that it wasn't supposed to be common knowledge.
    It was also hard to get mad at being spoiled because really who else was going to give her Camelot-style armor and a shield with Excalibur fairy letters?

  11. #20011
    A question to people with deeper lore knowledge:
    A thing I've been pondering about lately... I always thought that they traveled via "rayshift" to the various singularities, but ever since I've seen translations that used "leyshift" I've been wondering which actually would be correct.


  12. #20012
    分かろうとするな、感じれ Mcjon01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,900
    Blog Entries
    1
    It's actually Reishift, but honestly it's just technobabble as long as it sounds cool it's fine

  13. #20013
    God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A gigantic blue and green sphere
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,258
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    Nope, not really.
    Ah, thanks.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

  14. #20014
    Never quacked for this Kyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chile
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,001
    JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    23
    She, who was summoned as a Servant in Chaldea, knows the beauty of the world. In order to retrieve the world that shines not in the far away, she will certainly fight together with the Master, wielding all the power she has.

    Rhongomynyad - The Spear that Shines in the Far Away
    I have no idea what the italized is supposed to mean. I assume "the Far Away" is what others have been calling the End of the World, but it's really clunky and it's getting in the way of figuring out what are you trying to say there.

    It has been said that its real form is that of a tower that fasten together the rind of the world.
    ????
    I mean, I can figure it out because it's repeating what we know from elsewhere, but that construction is incredibly obtuse.
    (btw it's restraints, with a T)
    Last edited by Kyte; July 28th, 2016 at 06:03 PM.

  15. #20015
    Darkloid Laserman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,848
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


  16. #20016
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six castor212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,708
    Blog Entries
    1
    How do I say overload but not using overload

    Because Overloaded Light of the Lake is seriously wayy less cool than Unfading Light of the Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    you don't need to think about it that hard
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I dont get it
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    nothing makes sense

  17. #20017
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    646
    JP Friend Code
    PM me...
    Lancelot (Saber)


    Lancelot (Saber)

    Lancelot is one of the Knights of the Round Table and a hero extolled as the greatest knight.
    Despite serving King Arthur, he ended up breaking with the king upon falling into an immoral love with Guinevere.

    Great knight Lancelot, it is in this condition - summoned under the Saber Class - that he is the closest to his original form. Caring for justice, honoring women, loathing evil - this virtuous figure overflowing with romance was acknowledged as the "ideal knight" by King Arthur.

    There is no such a thing as an eternal ideal; Lancelot himself was the root cause why the Arthurian legends reached its twilight years. By being punished, he wished for the king to understand human limitations, but that never came to pass.

    Indeed, Saber is the most fitting Class for Lancelot to be summoned under.
    However, Lancelot himself probably feels more than anyone else that it is an irony for him to be a Saber.
    "A noble knight? Don't make me laugh. I participated in the destruction of Britain!"
    And thus Lancelot is convinced. That the most appropriate Class for himself is Berserker.

    Height/Weight: 191cm・81kg
    Source: Arthurian Legends
    Region: England
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Gender: Male
    Lancelot in his proper Class.

    NOBLE PHANTASM

    Arondight・Overload - Binding Lock Full Resolution・Overweight Lake Light
    Rank:
    A++
    Type: Anti-Army
    Bestowing an overload to the Unbreakable Lake Light, letting the changed magic energy leak out. It is then repurposed into an attack.
    This Noble Phantasm is something close to a sword skill, which deliberately refrains from emitting the magic energy that would originally turn into a slash of light, instead releasing it upon cutting at the target.
    The blue light of the vast magic energy that overflows from the severed section has been alluded as like a lake.


    Someone might have mentioned this already, but the proper term in place of overweight is probably meant to be overflowing, as in "Overflowing Light of the Lake"

  18. #20018
    Still trying to make a Baidu Account Forbiddenone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriko View Post
    Lancelot (Saber)


    Lancelot (Saber)

    Lancelot is one of the Knights of the Round Table and a hero extolled as the greatest knight.
    Despite serving King Arthur, he ended up breaking with the king upon falling into an immoral love with Guinevere.

    Great knight Lancelot, it is in this condition - summoned under the Saber Class - that he is the closest to his original form. Caring for justice, honoring women, loathing evil - this virtuous figure overflowing with romance was acknowledged as the "ideal knight" by King Arthur.

    There is no such a thing as an eternal ideal; Lancelot himself was the root cause why the Arthurian legends reached its twilight years. By being punished, he wished for the king to understand human limitations, but that never came to pass.

    Indeed, Saber is the most fitting Class for Lancelot to be summoned under.
    However, Lancelot himself probably feels more than anyone else that it is an irony for him to be a Saber.
    "A noble knight? Don't make me laugh. I participated in the destruction of Britain!"
    And thus Lancelot is convinced. That the most appropriate Class for himself is Berserker.

    Height/Weight: 191cm・81kg
    Source: Arthurian Legends
    Region: England
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Gender: Male
    Lancelot in his proper Class.

    NOBLE PHANTASM

    Arondight・Overload - Binding Lock Full Resolution・Overweight Lake Light
    Rank:
    A++
    Type: Anti-Army
    Bestowing an overload to the Unbreakable Lake Light, letting the changed magic energy leak out. It is then repurposed into an attack.
    This Noble Phantasm is something close to a sword skill, which deliberately refrains from emitting the magic energy that would originally turn into a slash of light, instead releasing it upon cutting at the target.
    The blue light of the vast magic energy that overflows from the severed section has been alluded as like a lake.


    Someone might have mentioned this already, but the proper term in place of overweight is probably meant to be overflowing, as in "Overflowing Light of the Lake"
    Nah, the Lady of the Lake got depressed after seeing how things turned out and really let herself go.

    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    Dying, save me. I need your piss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    They'll probably kill the red oni before I'm done with the story quests. I'm just an unfortunate girl destined to never get DP.

  19. #20019
    https://youtu.be/spu9AAMjlME Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Zemuria
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,022
    JP Friend Code
    m9(^口^)
    US Friend Code
    Will be back soon.
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos
    is it cheating on your gf if you have a waifu
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    You know you love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    You think people would just do that, say stupid things on the internet and claim victory when they're told that's stupid?

    A Writer's Fate



    F/GO JP & NA (Updated: 12/5/2017)




  20. #20020
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Arha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,466
    So why are the character saying that it's been fifteen hundred years since Arthurian times or whatever? Doesn't this singularity take place in the 1200s? Shouldn't it be six hundred years or so?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •