Thread: Any sources on how Ado Edem's Slash Emperor actually works?

Any sources on how Ado Edem's Slash Emperor actually works?

The Wiki says that it kills with the "Truth" but it doesn't list where it got that from.

Can anybody help me out?

Try the Questions thread
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

Blog Entries
    Also if you're on the Wiki there should be a link to untranslated Notes entries which clearly say that it consumes Ether/Grain to expand in size and power until it matches the strength of the opponent.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Also if you're on the Wiki there should be a link to untranslated Notes entries which clearly say that it consumes Ether/Grain to expand in size and power until it matches the strength of the opponent.
    Ok, yes, but where does it say anything about killing things with the "Truth" like Ea does?

Quote Originally Posted by Elthanes View Post
    Try the Questions thread
    Couldn't I just ask a mod to move this thread there instead?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril-blade View Post
    Ok, yes, but where does it say anything about killing things with the "Truth" like Ea does?

It doesn't say that, ah ha ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Well the thing is that the whole 'consuming-ether' thingy kinda drains the Earth. It's meant to be a metaphor for humanity's exploitation of Earth or something along those lines.

And so as it drains Ether/Grain from the environment it removes the effects that the element has on Earth, which results in, among other things, the skies briefly turning blue instead of gray and red.
    This is mean to be similar to Ea's power to basically return the Earth's biosphere into its primordial, 'True' state.

Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )

Quote Originally Posted by @Leo-chan View Post
    It doesn't say that, ah ha ha.
    So, is that just fanon? Nasu hasn't made a comment that implies it? Nothing?

Well the thing is that the whole 'consuming-ether' thingy kinda drains the Earth. It's meant to be a metaphor for humanity's exploitation of Earth or something along those lines.

And so as it drains Ether/Grain from the environment it removes the effects that the element has on Earth, which results in, among other things, the skies briefly turning blue instead of gray and red.
    This is mean to be similar to Ea's power to basically return the Earth's biosphere into its primordial, 'True' state.
    Where is that stated?
    Last edited by Mithril-blade; August 8th, 2015 at 01:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nasu at present cares far more about Bloodborne and milking his established IP than a short story he wrote 20 years ago.

The only solid info on Edem and Slash Emperor is in the glossary that came with Notes. Also character material has that illustration of him IIRC.
    Last edited by Dullahan; August 8th, 2015 at 01:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Where is that stated?
    Search me, I last read this shit over a year ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Nasu at present cares far more about Bloodborne and milking his established IP than a short story he wrote 20 years ago.
    What a bastard.

Search me, I last read this shit over a year ago.
    I am pawing at the image of your avatar in my screen and nothing is happening. =(

Anyway, so anything having to do with the "truth" is just fannon?

Blog Entries
    Mistranslation is the root of all evil.

Blog Entries
    So, is that just fanon? Nasu hasn't made a comment that implies it? Nothing?
    It revealed the true sky...by slicing through the stuff that was in the way. This is visually similar to Ea's gate.

But it's just a really big sword.
    Last edited by Siriel; August 8th, 2015 at 01:31 PM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

It's from Character Material. Some bits and pieces can be found in the fuyuki wiki. I don't think someone translated the whole thing though.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Blog Entries

It doesn't kill things with truth, it kills things by smashing them with a really big sword. The "truth" thing is just a metaphor for how it gets so big against Types that when he swings it, it cuts through the blood canopy over the earth and reveals the true sky above.

Blog Entries
    Isn't that what I said already?

Blog Entries
    Isn't that what I said already?
    Well, no, since what you said sounds a lot more fancy than cutting through a cloud.

It cuts things using the power of the cloud.

598,535,004 (NA)

Blog Entries
    You might try actually quoting things at the OP instead of providing vague statements just as unsourced as the wiki.

Character Material:

Ado Edem

Introduction: Knight Arm Slash Emperor
    The Knight Arm that Ado Edem possesses. The sword that consumes planets.
    It is a simple Knight Arm that is able to grow according to the size of its opponent.
    The seed that Edem holds in his hand sprouts and grows at the speed of his thoughts.

However, with regards to this sword’s use of True Ether (Grain), it requires huge quantities to manifest itself, and needs an enormous convertible energy source.
    As the sword grows larger, it chips away at the earth to do so. This method of gaining energy by eroding the earth is similar to that of the old world. Edem’s Knight Arm can be called the embodiment of human nature, as it destroys the world in order to protect humans.
    Before it takes form, the Knight Arm stays in a seed-like state, and when Edem awakens it by driving it into the earth, it grows like a plant.
    Pictured is its usual battle state. The blue aura-like part is not the Grain released by the blade, but the sky split open by the blade. Splitting apart the “red sky” of the wasteland world and displaying its true state is the dignity of Slash Emperor.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair