Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garden of Avalon

Garden of Avalon

So this was requested recently and since it's not too long and apparently got some relations to FGO, I decided to maybe give it a go.

I haven't looked very hard but I'm just going to assume that outside of what's been done on this thread there's not really any ongoing translations for this.

Going to work on this when the mood strikes me, I still got plenty to do with Apocrypha (obligatory "yes I am still working on it")

- - - - -

Contents

00 - At the Garden (Part 1 below, Part 2) (compiled)

01 - The Dawn of Appointment

A Story of the Knights

02 - The Light of the Stars

A Story of the Knights

03 - The Departure

04 - The Day at Camlann

A Story of the Knights

05 - At the Garden

- - - - -

00 - At the Garden

The plains were smooth and covered by blossoms of every colour. Standing amidst them and taking in the panorama, only some groves of trees in the distance would obstruct your view of the green earth and blue sky filling the scene in equal measure. For here stood no fences or homes made by human hands - no walls, redoubts or lines in the ground men called borders.

At morn's light, bright rays of spring and the flavours of summer filled the air.

By night's fall, the sky was swept by autumn winds and dotted by bright stars of winter.

On the earth dwelt many flowers and insects. The forests were home to water and greenery and different beasts. And upon the lake lived the graceful Fae.

Man's concept of paradise was but an imitation of this isle at world's end, a land which they would forever be forbidden from setting foot upon. Legends referred to this microcosm as 'the island of apples'; a land of everlasting spring,; a utopia that could never be obtained or reached by wiser beasts; a realm untouched by the cycle of descensions and downfalls seen in the greater world; and a strange land that had always existed alongside the length of human history and yet would never cross paths with humanity.

Its name was Avalon - and it was the sea at the heart of the planet, the seat for the soul of the celestial being called Earth.

"No... that is not the most correct expression to describe such a thing. For this realm is after all set upon both a higher and a lower plane of our world. I would say that it exists in the exact same point and location but off-set by several phases."

Someone walked the garden in the form of a human, that of a man dressed in a robe simple in design but woven from the finest fabrics. The sun's rays shone through his long hair, igniting a rainbow of colours, as he stood there at ease and gazed into the distance.

He strode through the sea of flowers as he spoke to them as one would speak to a friend. No doubt or hesitation could be seen as he hummed and continued to walk, not damaging a single petal on the ground.

Undoubtedly he was some wayfaring sage who wandered into this foreign place. For one thing, none would journey upon the isle unless they also knew the way back, for it was known that Avalon was meant only for the dead.

He walked on without any hint of fear because he himself was a foreign being. It was true that no living man could set foot within this paradise - but he simply donned the form of one and something else entirely.

To him, the outer world and this garden were much the same. They were the homes of others, where he was merely a guest. He belonged in neither of them and yet he could only find himself in one or the other. From the start, his philosophy on the matter was to neither approach nor make friendly with humans nor paradises. That would explain the 'how' as to his sudden visit to this untouched land beyond the boundary; as for the 'why', that would be his being pursued by a woman he had scorned and happening upon the bright idea to escape to the literal end of the world.

"But this is really quite a terrible place... the magic in the air is so thick, it might as well be a vacuum. Just single breath would sunder any living man of this era. The paradise of legend, indeed... perhaps can it be better employed as a weapon?"

He put to words whatever came to mind as he walked through the garden.

The world and people he had left behind was a 5th Century island nation. He was the court magus of a king - but rather than stand alongside him in his final battle, he transferred himself into this realm just prior and ecaped by himself for exceedingly personal reasons concerning a certain female.

"I see. It was as I had expected... Mordred rose up in revolt with the approval of the lords who had been rebuked by the King., even pressing blame for the severe winters of recent years. So begins the rebellion against our stern king, that living embodiment of the ideals of kingship."

He trudged along, the flowers which he paid special attention not to step on lessening as he did. Although the isle stretched on endlessly, the environment itself did change; the closer he drew to where the shores of the island ought to be, the more barren and infertile the land became, much like Britain in the outer world.

He pressed on, humming and twirling his staff - and curiously, flowers would spring up in the imprints he made upon the ground, despite there being no traces of thaumaturgies or esoterica. They did not blossom from his desires to decorate the garden or a sense of sympathy towards these apparently barren lands, a disgrace compared to the rest of this paradise.

No - for this creature, bringing forth such profusions was as natural as taking breath.

Bringing flowers to the earth; placing dreams in the hearts of men; ushering in simply a future for our history...

Those were his specialties, aspects of his true nature. His name was Merlin, the Magus of Flowers; one of the greatest of Magi even amidst the myriad spell-weavers of human myths and legend; a cambion, the offspring of a human woman and an incubus; and possessor of those eyes which signified supreme mastery of thaumaturgy - eyes which could perceive into the world.

"Well, so they claim... but in truth those eyes can do little more than sow more seeds. We cannot compare them to those of common men simply because we see further than them."

Clairvoyance - the ability of the eyes to remain in one place while seeing through to another. Since ancient times, greater beings had left the earth in the care of shamans who utilised this power to safeguard the lives of men. Even the greatest of magi - holding the thickest of Magic Circuits and capable of conducting the most powerful of rituals - would not be considered an epitome of thaumaturgy without this 'sight.'

Merlin possessed such eyes with which to see through the world. He was born with a sense of sight that allowed him to perceive any and all things in existence within his era, down to the smallest of details, without needing to take a single step.

Some Magi older than him even possessed eyes which could perceive into the past, or the future. Of course, they were also considered at the zenith - but the only living Magus who possessed clairvoyance was Merlin. The previous holders had brought annihilation to their own realm and disappeared from the world of men.

To 'know' is simultaneously the lowest and the greatest accomplishment of thaumaturgy; thus, those Magi born in possession of clairvoyance had at the same time reached the truth of the world - becoming heretics of humanity itself who never managed to gain their philosophies and perspectives.

Without retrocognition, Merlin did not possess the ability to comprehend how other human beings lived their lives - only some aspects of it. He could not understand how human society operated, but he did manage to take away the impression that, generally speaking, their lives were not very interesting. Merlin was aware of nearly all the doings and happenings occuring within his era, as well as capable of deducing how they would end; to him, the world was no different from a tapestry.

Certainly, it was a piece worth appreciating at length. He might even consider it an expression of the concept of divine miracles. However, the more interesting the piece became, the more apparent it became that Merlin had no place in it. He simply sowed the seeds and was alienated from the results; his life might have gone differently if he had just a single companion who were able to sympathise with his grumblings - of how boring the perspective of God would be.

It was to the point that he had even thought about taking his own life and ascend to the Throne immediately as a spirit, even as those who came before laughed at him - or rather, there had rarely been a day where he did not consider it.

However, there was one responsibility that Merlin must see through to the end.

He must see for himself the end of a certain people - and their king which he himself had wrought.

(Continue.)
    Last edited by Canon; August 29th, 2015 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    So the studio skipped all the parts that Canon hasn't translated huh
    hmmmmmmm
    Translations | Chaldeum | YouTube | Twitter | Lodestone (FFXIV)

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    お疲れ様~

Blog Entries
    Is this the one that comes with the BD box?
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    you don't need to think about it that hard
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I dont get it

Blog Entries
    I admit to caring about this way more than certain other projects. Cool.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I admit to caring about this way more than certain other projects. Cool.
    You might be surprised to learn you are not unique in that. Unless you count the mahayo TL I would say GoA is the only type moon project I am actually excited about right now.

on that note, thanks for the translation, CR.
    Ever wonder why Shirou likes Saber to have some tea when he starts cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post

But I can admit Manny is a better character, hes an idol after all.

Glad to see you are working on this! Thanks for the translations

"Oh, I do wonder... the age of Gods is long past, and with what is soon to unfold, so too will the age of the Fae end. It is age of Man - and that will also reach its eventual conclusion. The day will come when this star of ours ceases to rotate, after which we will establish ourselves in the heavens, beginning the age of the Will. Those incapable of volition without a frame of fresh and blood will be left behind in time. And yet... I wonder why I find myself so often mingled with humanity."

Merlin was born from the union of a Welsh princess and an incubus. As a cambion, you could consider him a higher form of life, equipped with both a spiritual nature and the ability to subsist on humans, beings which were capable of concepting futures - if he were not in fact a halfway creation standing on neither side. Merlin himself had pondered life as an incubus's child, existing only to bring antics to the world of human minds. At the same time, he developed the individuality that was humanity, and believed it a blessing to be able to function not simply within the dreams of others, but his own as well.

Despite the circumstances of his birth, Merlin never came to despise humanity. If anything, he grew fond of them to an unnatural degree. Rather than the Fae and the Giants - his brethren - Merlin found himself allied with man, fostering and advising many a king, all to create a better era for them to exist. While standing amidst the people and the knights, he never let the smile slip off his face, and he found enjoyment in human activity. He aimed to administer as he would nurture a flower - something that would lead to him going down in history as one of the greatest kingmakers to ever live. All of this came about from Merlin's desire to complete this tapestry in a way that he would find beautiful - as a 'happy ending' for humanity.

In fact, it left no room for love towards any single human being, or humanity at all.

To man, Merlin might appear a sterling figure; however, from a general human perspective, the nature of Merlin was in truth closer to a sort of locust. He was entirely too mechanical, too objective; his thoughts advanced by leaps and bounds, irreconcilably beyond the comprehension of the intelligent beings born of this planet. He was attracted to the exquisite and the beautiful, but he did not love them; exquisite, beautiful things simply, comfortably, snugly filled the hole in his heart. He loved the concept of 'humanity's legacy' but he was utterly incapable of transferring that emotion to the actual human beings taking part in creating it.

He might find a work of art lovely - but he would never be interested by its content, or see any worth in the emotional highs and lows experienced by the one who created it. He would only see the beauty of the piece, without understanding the meaning.

Merlin himself knew that this peculiar appetite was an appalling thing, but he could hardly change it; after all, he was born with the morals of a different kind of creature. Incubi did not evaluate the contents of the dreams they devoured, only the degree to which it sustained their existence. It was no different from humans gathering at the table and partaking in their meals, with little thought for what the animals they devoured might have accomplished beforehand.

"I survive by eating dreams, and while I love to see reveries of hope and joy, nightmares are both easier to find and much more filling. It is far more difficult to subsist on the former - not to mention certainly raising the hurdle for the dreamer as well... and, here we are."

Merlin stopped, figuring that he had removed himself far enough away from the vicious claws of the witch. Before him stood a gate assembled from roughly hewn stone of such massive size as to bring to mind the Stonehenge, and between them laid the same barren plain as before. A single phrase was carved into the gate: "only the sinless may pass."

"It appears I have been deceived."

Merlin shrugged and made no attempts to avoid the gate, simply walking under it and sowing his flowers as he always did.

As soon as he did, the gentle slope he stood on changed completely. Thick walls of stone sprang from the earth as through to entrap the guest, stretching skyward without limit and sealing in the Magus. Merlin stood in the centre of this infinitely tall stone tower and turned around to find that the gate had disappeared. He was surrounded by stone walls on all sides - caged in a five square metre space carved from paradise itself. That was the essence of this boundary field; some enemy of Merlin's had ensured that the Magus would spend the rest of his life in this tower.

"Truly I do not understand humans. A curse of this scale must have required an enormous cost - possibly taking even the life of the caster. Strange, I have no memory of offending that girl to such a degree... and if I cannot recall it, surely it must not have been anything important."

"Only the sinless may pass."

Merlin stepped through the gate, understanding that it was a trap, because he could not suffer those words. After all, it was true that he wished for humanity's ultimate happiness despite not having any love for human beings. For the sake of bringing happiness and prosperity to humanity, he expended many human lives and treated them as little more than insects. There existed no good or evil in his actions, no love or hate - not even the awareness of sin. In fact, Merlin would likely consider himself the only one in the world deserving of the word 'sinless' and believe that the gate's words actually referred to him specifically.

From a larger point of view, one could argue that Merlin had affections for humanity itself. However, he willingly entangled himself in the world of man and found joy in his actions. He merely lent his hand to humanity and fashioned them kings, but he felt neither responsibility nor guilt for what would befall the countries after - at least, not until he heard the parting words of a single girl.

"Well... I suppose this cannot be helped."

Merlin sat himself upon a small protrusion jutting from the ground that was the only feature of this isolated gaol. It was far too stiff to be considered a proper seat, but putting himself on it granted the perfect height by which to gaze through the solitary window in the wall.

Only now did he fully realize the purpose of his visit here. What could be seen through the window was not the Britain of reality; however, to Merlin, any view was the same as he would be able to perceive all the events of the entire era through it. The Magus of Flowers went through the drafts and sketches he had made in life thus far and drew from the depths of his robe a hidden familiar - a Cath Palug.

Merlin began to talk.

The end was in sight - so before that, let us talk a little of the past.

- - - - - -

End of chapter 0.
    Last edited by Canon; August 17th, 2015 at 03:07 PM.
    hmmmmmmm

Eightfold Blessings of Smug Superiority Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So Merlin never cared about individuals until Saber showed up?
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    101043939/キ&#12511
    Blog Entries
    Merlin's kinda like the people who are all for free-range eggs because they taste better.

Its name was Avalon - and it was the sea at the heart of the planet, the seat for the soul of the celestial being called Earth.
    Is that really referring to 星の内海? So that place is Avalon? That's weird, they don't look the same.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Blog Entries
    England is a big country.

JP Friend Code
    101043939/キ&#12511
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Is that really referring to 星の内海? So that place is Avalon? That's weird, they don't look the same.
    it could be a big place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    So Merlin never cared about individuals until Saber showed up?
    *Left. Until she left.

Quote Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
    From a larger point of view, one could argue that Merlin had affections for humanity itself. However, he willingly entangled himself in the world of man and found joy in his actions. He merely lent his hand to humanity and fashioned them kings, but he felt neither responsibility nor guilt for what would befall the countries after - at least, not until he heard the parting words of a single girl.
    Tho she was probably always his favourite experiment.
    Last edited by mirakura; August 17th, 2015 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickdrew View Post
    Mira is our magical girl casting beautiful drawings spells for the world to enjoy.

It's a miracle, hallelujah!
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    throw the bikini in there and I'll spend so much even paitouch and that other whale whose name escapes me would be like whoa....take it down a notch, their are kids starving in Africa ha' know?!
    fuk u storm lioncirculatory organ

FGO JP Team FGO NA Team

But this isn't really the place usually referred to as the other side of the world, right? The way Merlin describes it as "off-set by several phases" makes it sounds like there are other more superficial dimensions.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Blog Entries
    We had a long talk about this in the AMGD thread. I advise you to look through it.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

The Dawn of Appointment (1/2)

The morning rays seeped through the gaps in the door, prickling her eyelids, and she awoke. Her surroundings were dim, filled with the smell of hay and the presence of other living creatures. Casting an eye to the blanket wrapped around her as some bare form of protection against the cold - doubtless the work of her stepbrother - made her recall that she was in the stables. She had been so concerned with a newborn foal that she spent the entire night with it.

"Oh, no... I mustn't delay Ector again..."

The kind face of the stepfather who had raised her for the past fifteen years appeared in the girl's mind as she hurriedly but carefully put away the blanket, set her clothes straight, and prepared the morning feed for the horses - the routine task which began the day for her. Once she was done taking care of them, it was time to head to the garden behind the household where her stepfather awaited. Every morning, she would be allowed one mouthful of bread to sustain herself through her sword training, and only after its completion would the famished combatants breakfast. It was a daily practice established between herself and Ector.

"I finally managed to land a blow on Ector yesterday... In truth it only pushed him back a step, but is that not enough to make a difference on the unforgiving field of battle? It might lead to the opponent losing his footing. So it was my victory, of sorts, I suppose..."

The girl spoke happily to her stepfather's beloved horse as she passed a brush through its thick coat.

Ector was the strongest and toughest knight in the world that she knew. Although he had not attained great renown in battle - never being a topic of rumors, having never sought fame for himself - he was the very ideal of knighthood for the girl. And while the passage of time bested all men and Ector withdrew from the front lines of war, it did not diminish his skill with a blade. Her joy was as clear as day the moment she had forced her stepfather to show even the slightest surprise.

"But he seems rather troubled as of late... him, of all people. I worry for him."

Her stern teacher had softened somewhat. The pitiless instructor, who would took note of her every action and promptly called attention to her mistakes, now often looked to the girl with an unspeakable expression on his face - one of unease, and of remorse, and of sorrow.

It was a surprise for her to see such weakness in the old knight. She wanted to help him resolve whatever it was that tormented him, but how much could a simple squire such as herself do?

"I wish that you would speak freely of your troubles. I will do everything I can to help... unless you plan to cut down on our meals... is it something to do with your body?"

She had once asked this of him.

"It's only your imagination. I shall be fit for another ten years, I assure you.... and Artoria, my good sir, it seems you are not quite ready to do 'everything' to help."

He would only reply as he always did, in a matter-of-fact tone. And while it was good that Ector remained hale and hearty, that only stoked her curiosity further as to what was bothering him.

The girl stood lost in her own thoughts until her stepfather's horse brushed her cheek with its long face.

"Yes... it must be my brother causing trouble again. Not even Ector can cure Kay of that sharp tongue of his."

The girl stroked the back of the horse with a wry smile on her face, and then left the stable behind. Opening the wooden door, a great field of grass spread before her eyes, lit by the morning sun.

Their residence was outside of the main town, removed from the daily lives of greater society. Although Ector did prefer the quiet, he did not dislike company; the girl knew that she was the reason her stepfather had chosen to live here. It always made her feel apologetic whenever the thought crossed her mind, but she understood that to be a trespass on his pride. After all, Ector had performed his duties as a knight - taking her in, raising her, even while leaving behind his place next to the other knights. She could not respond to his actions with guilt. Her feelings towards Ector shall always be those of gratitude. Such as it had been, so it would forever be.

"Hmm... but..."

She did, however, have one complaint in that he would never allow her to call him 'father'. Ector was adamant in never permitting the girl to call him by that name, filled with her love.

The old knight awaited her in the back garden. Over all these years, his form had remained unchanged - always bidding her forward and sternly impressing the finer matters of swordsmanship upon her. Ten years had passed since she learned to take up the sword, and not a single day had gone by without his diligent teachings.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Ector! I overslept!"

Throwing the piece of bread prepared by Ector into her mouth, she picked up a wooden sword.

"You seem lively enough for one who just woke up. Very good then... there is no need for me to hold back this morning, as well."

The old knight calmly and smoothly brought his sword and shield to bear as he always would - and the girl pretended not to notice the regret weighing down on his softened gaze.

After their breakfast, Ector passed to her a full set of knight's gear.

"Artoria, it seems Kay forgot his things. Go to town and bring it to him. You can make it on time if you leave now."

Kay - son of Ector and her stepbrother - had gone out to the town. There was apparently some sort of fair taking place; he had ridden off on Ector's horse to join in the festivities, but in his haste forgot that most important possession of the knight, his lance.

"Sigh... my own brother, a knight, forgetting his own lance."

"Indeed. There have been no jousting held in recent years, after all; we have only had draft horses and few steeds suitable for combat. That was one reason why I could not teach you the handling of the lance."

"Is that so? It seems simple enough, fashioning a mock spear."

"You cannot be trained on a mockery of the real thing. I can provide you a fake sword, but not a fake spear - that was what the great Magus had dictated. It would not do for you to acquire any strange quirks in your spear hand, he said."

"I will not acquire.... quirks. I only need to deliver this to Kay, yes?"

"Do so.... it is your last task for the day."

The girl gave a nod, took out one of the horses, put her brother's belongings on its back and made for the town. Travelling down the hill upon which Ector's house stood and passing through the grasslands, she made her way between the fields. She could see some clouds in the sky, but given the clear weather visible in all directions, there should be no concern of rain. The thought of her brother pressed on her, but she held her horse to its usual pace. With the heavy luggage on its back, she should not force it to move any faster.

"There is nobody around... it's so lonely, even though it's time for the harvest."

After passing her gaze over the familiar farmsteads, she turned her eyes towards the distant forests. It had provided much for them; the hunters would enter and bring back only the meat and wood they needed. However, since the year before, it was no longer their hunting ground; outsiders had entered it, slowly encroaching on the livelihood of the Britons. Now, if you entered the forest and had the poor luck to run into them, those tribesmen would not only take your spoils for tomorrow - but likely your life that very day.

Fifth-century Britain was an island beset by storm. It began with the fall of the great empire on the continent; having lost its protection, the power of Britain waned, and the tumult across the sea brought new enemies to their shores. The Saxons, as they were called, crossed the waters seeking food and clothing and land - everything they needed to sustain themselves.

Britain was a nation ruled by many tribes and kings. Although there was endless conflict between the tribes themselves, they were also at war with the Picts inhabiting the north. It was the threat of this northern invasion that led to the cooperation between the kings.

However, there was one among them who broke the covenant. He aimed to employ foreign tribes for his own ends, claiming to seek the unification of Britain. This traitorous king was Vortigern - the incarnation of the white dragon that was born of Britain and would one day destroy it. Vortigern was the one who had invited the Saxons and threw them into the chaos embroiling the island.

Londinium, the fortress built under the rule of the old empire that was the linchpin of Britain, laid in ruins. Uther Pendragon, known as the greatest of kings, was defeated in battle with Vortigern and forever disappeared from the eyes of the people. Vortigern granted land to the Saxons and by doing so, allowed the other kings a moment of repose, which helped to silence their complaints towards the onslaught of foreign tribesmen. However, even to this day, many of them made their opposition known.

Britain had entered a dark age. War became practically routine. The island itself had hardly an abundance of fertile land on which to grow what few things they could, and the lives of its people became more strained by the day. It was clear that the nation would destroy itself in a not too distant future. However, the Britons did not lose hope - for all of this had been prophecised by the great Magus Merlin, who was an adviser of King Uther and protector of Britain.

"King Uther is choosing the one who would become his successor.

The advent of the red dragon shall bring the Knights together and vanquish the white dragon.

It shall soon be known. The King lives."
    hmmmmmmm

thx based canon

Yay~Translation~!

That bit at the end has such a weird feel to it.

Thanks for your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickdrew View Post
    Mira is our magical girl casting beautiful drawings spells for the world to enjoy.

It's a miracle, hallelujah!
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    throw the bikini in there and I'll spend so much even paitouch and that other whale whose name escapes me would be like whoa....take it down a notch, their are kids starving in Africa ha' know?!
    fuk u storm lioncirculatory organ

FGO JP Team FGO NA Team

US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    RapCanon! ur alive! Many thanks
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Alternative Ice's Avatar
    Thank you very much Canon.