Thread: Literate, long-term RP partner for a Fate/?????? Grail War 1x1 RP needed

Literate, long-term RP partner for a Fate/?????? Grail War 1x1 RP needed

EDIT: Not looking anymore.

I'm looking to recreate a Holy Grail War with modified OC Servants and Masters. I'm also open to other RP possibilities within the confines of the Nasuverse. Keep in mind that this is a 1x1 roleplay, so it'll just be me and you keeping everything going.

If you haven't read any of the VNs, we won't be able to manage this together. The Nasuverse is complex and riddled with rules and regulations, so if you only have a basic grasp of it, you'll have to read through the Beast's Lair notes to understand how it works in detail. I'm willing to explain the things I understand, but I ask that as my RP partner, you're willing to listen.

What I need from you, and what you can expect of me

- Advanced, multiple paragraphs, no one liners. I need a writer, not just a player. Our characters may be in it for the win, but we're in it for the story.

- Must be willing to play multiple characters.

- Available nearly every day via Skype, PMs or Steam. Just one of those is fine. Love to talk about roleplays and characters. Keeping in contact is very important to me, I need a partner for whom enthusing over this shit isn't a chore.

- Play both genders and all pairings, MxM, MxF, FxF. I love romance but I dislike forcing it, if it happens it's the character's choice, not ours.

- No less than 4-5 days' wait between posts. I usually post every other day, sometimes every day sometimes with two day gaps. Any more than 5 days' wait to me is synonymous with the RP partner losing interest. Please be serious, an Advanced RP is a commitment and I put a lot of work into them, so please stay in contact and notify me about any longer breaks.

- Be prepared for the very real threat of death to your characters. In player VS player battles, we'll defer to logic and simple d20 rolls that we'll agree on beforehand.

- Add to the RP. pls I can't stress this enough, if you're playing a Master, then you have to lead, you have to have a plan. Your characters need a serious motivation to fight. And I need you to be motivated to write and play this and see it through with combined effort, not just my effort.

Example premise of the roleplay and character division

The roleplay will be set during one of the Holy Grail Wars, most likely in Fuyuki, unless you know how to set up a fake Grail mechanically in another city. I'm not yet proficient enough to do that.

We will take control of a few OC Servant/Master pairings and NPC the rest as antagonists. We'll split the NPC pairings between us, for example:

Caster (My OC) + Master (Your OC)

Lancer (Your OC) + Master (My OC)

Assassin (My OC) + Master (Your OC)

Saber + Master [My NPC pairing]

Rider + Master [My NPC pairing]

Archer + Master [Your NPC pairing]

Berserker + Master [Your NPC pairing]

That way, we would play the War out from the viewpoints of our three main pairings (or more if we want), while the NPC pairings would function in the background. With that said, Grail Wars have a tendency to go bad quick, and our mains might end up dying or forming contracts with the Servants of others and so on. NPC characters may become relevant and even get elevated to mains if we run out of meat. Think of this roleplay as a giant sandbox world for our main pairings to explore and get interested in - if we take a liking to a certain character, we'll give them a 'story arc' like in the VN.

Not all NPC characters have to be Canon characters. For Canon characters, we'll think of interesting variants to keep things fresh, or we'll minimize Canon characters altogether if you don't like that sort of thing.

If you're brave, we could also reenact the Great War of Fate/Apocrypha, which had fifteen Servants instead of the usual seven. I've made an example sheet of how it would look, here. It'd be played out from the perspective of 3-4 pairings, with the twelve others being in the background, as a gigantic sandbox that'd allow our characters to choose who to ally with and which character arcs to explore.

Keep in mind that roleplays with Servants call for character sheets with stats, skills and parameters. I want the complete complexity of the Nasuverse in my roleplays.

I'm also open to ideas of Nasuverse RPs other than Grail Wars.

Last edited by MatrixOne; September 1st, 2015 at 10:03 AM.