Thread: Grand Order Spoiler Policy

Blog Entries

Grand Order Spoiler Policy

All classes, Servants, and similar data not yet accessible by just playing the game (but uncovered through data-mining, Chinese telepathy devices, &c.) are considered spoilers and should be tagged throughout the forum. Officially released trailers and the like count as being accessible for the game, so you can talk about the fact that Arjuna exists, but not about yet-to-come plot events concerning him that have been uncovered by extracting files.

The GO story thread is fair game for all story spoilers available so far, but not for spoilers which aren't actually in the game yet.

Forumwide, and especially in GO General, you are expected to exercise reasonable discretion as to your use of story spoilers concerning events which are accessible in-game but which a considerable portion of the user-base may not yet have reached. If you know something because you've been spending five thousand yen per day and have blitzed through the latest release in six hours, consider that not everyone is up to your standards. If you do not understand what qualifies as reasonable discretion, just save everyone a headache and tag it.

Revision: All latest spoilers from the Japanese version of the game are fully available to discuss in threads marked with spoilers, as well as threads which relate to the latest Events and Story chapters of the game.
    Last edited by Petrikow; December 31st, 2021 at 12:04 PM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post

(The way our spoiler policy is interacting with SF right now makes me want to revise it, because I think it's handling this situation poorly, but that hasn't happened yet so they're still spoilers).
    I'm confused, so there are different spoiler policies for FGO vs everything else?

Or is it more like, non-datamine but untranslated bits are free within the FGO Story thread but treated as spoilers elsewhere?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    the latter

However you can talk about say Okeanos even if it's not translated without spoilers because that was a long time ago, but maybe stuff from America or the FZ collab might need to be spoilered.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    the latter

However you can talk about say Okeanos even if it's not translated without spoilers because that was a long time ago, but maybe stuff from America or the FZ collab might need to be spoilered.
    Nah, America's been long since cleared by the majority of BL, and Accel Zero's over and gone (and thus impossible to be spoiled on).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Nah, America's been long since cleared by the majority of BL, and Accel Zero's over and gone (and thus impossible to be spoiled on).
    we're talking about the general forum spoiler policy of "untranslated = spoiler".

Most of FGO's story isn't translated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    I'm confused, so there are different spoiler policies for FGO vs everything else?
    FAQ:

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    • What's the policy on spoilers?

With one exception, BL has a simple and overarching rule: if it isn't comprehensively translated into English yet (officially or unofficially), use spoiler tags. This means that if something's only been summarised - or had a few sentences translated - it's still verboten for open discussion. But as, for example, each English Fate/Apocrypha chapter is released, you can start talking about it happily. (For Fate/EXTRA CCC, this means you should use spoiler tags for everything not covered by the English Let's Play and a few scenes filled in by the translation forum: notably, the CCC route's unique events are therefore still under embargo).

The exception is Fate/Grand Order, which has its own spoiler policy, as detailed here.

For non-Type Moon works, we have no particular policy beyond requiring you to have some consideration for other members of the forum: we will frown upon spoiling the end of a long book/game/whatever the day of its release, for example.

Occasionally, we also manually designate certain threads as either spoiler zones or spoiler-free zones, in the title or OP. Translation threads often end up being spoiler zones where information from throughout the work is likely to be given away without tags; conversely, in some threads we place an embargo where spoilers would otherwise be allowed (Prisma Ilya's anime thread is meant to remain free from manga spoilers, for example). We will make these exceptions clear, so just do your due diligence and spend ten seconds looking at the thread title and OP before you post, and you should be fine.
    Or is it more like, non-datamine but untranslated bits are free within the FGO Story thread but treated as spoilers elsewhere?
    GO is entirely its own thing, where translated/untranslated isn't a factor, unlike everything else we cover with the general spoiler policy. There's only "everyone knows this by now", "it's not reasonable to expect everyone to know this by now", and "maybe people know this by now but they shouldn't".
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair