Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animu

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

Animu

For all the discussions, comments and arguments that don't really need/have a thread!

First discussion:
    What're you all watching right now?

Me, pretty much everything this season, as well as Simoun, for some reason.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Me?

Currently airing anime is Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?, Infinite Stratos, and I'll pretty much be watching Gundam Unicorn and Black Lagoon when they come out.
    Already aired would have to be To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, and when I'm done with that I'll deal with Index II, and then Canaan. After that...it's fair play.

Blog Entries
    Rewatching Eva: Rebuild 1.11. When you go back and compare it with the original series, the animation quality goes up so much that the original almost gets hard to watch, and it's a pretty faithful remake of the original. But Rebuild 2, in true Eva style, goes off the rails so much I have no clue what's going on anymore.

The only things I'm watching from this season and last are Madoka and Star Driver. Nothing else interests me at all, honestly.

I am watching a lot of things...

Most interesting show I am watching has to be Madoka, and I kind of like Yumekui Merry.

JP Friend Code
    To Aru II, Star Driver, Madoka (BEST THING EVUR), Fractale (somehow, it's not as interesting as I think it must be, but still am seeing it). Started Yumekui Merry but got bored.

*looks at the big closet labeled "To watch"*
    Ahahahaha....
    Trapped within my fierce desire, resistance is futile. Screaming for your life, nowhere to hide,
    Tonight we cross the line, your innocence is mine!

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Right now I'm watching Index II. Pretty nice stuff, though the insufficiency of Misaka Imouto is troubling.

JP Friend Code
    I'm happy there's a whole arc centered in Accelerator (the main reason I got into watching the first season)
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
    I'm happy there's a whole arc centered in Accelerator (the main reason I got into watching the first season)
    Axel rocks all the boats, man.

Madoka, Index, and Kimi ni Todoke.

Next season will take away all of these, but add Steins;Gate.

Shut up; Glasses are an endearing Character Trait.
    Blog Entries
    This Season: Madoka, Kamen Rider Ryuki, Den-O, W, OOO, FUCKING FAIZ, Decade. The latter is not Animu, but to hell with that.

Next Season: Steins;Gate (For trolling purposes), Merry, Korean Zombie Desk Car, IS.
    "One of the major problems encountered in time travel is not that of accidentally becoming your own father or mother. There is no problem involved in becoming your own father or mother that a broad-minded and well-adjusted family can't cope with."

Why does no one like Astolfo

This Season: Madoka and Fractle

Next Season: Not sure yet. I'll give the X-men anime a try, only because the characters actually look like themselves. Also the second season of Kaiji. Other then that I'm going to let others sort through the crap and take a look at whatever is popular and see if it is worth watching.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Going back over the old Gundam series, currently on Victory Gundam. Ah, the old days of Gundam when the politics were actually bearable.

Turn A Gundam is the best gundam I've ever watched. It revitalized my faith in the fandom after suffering through Gundam SEED, and Destiny.

And then I watched After War Gundam X, and promptly dropped the fandom in disgust again.
    Last edited by Fatuous One; March 16th, 2011 at 02:00 PM.

The only Gundam I have ever watched was Gundam 00, but I really enjoyed it. I should check out some of the other Gundams sometime. Although, as shallow as it may be, I have a hard time getting into really old 80s and 90s anime.

You're the type of person who plays games for the graphics, aren't you!? :3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with that. So long as nobody mentions Destiny I have no need to go on a killing spree.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    Haven't been keeping up with watching new shows, to be honest. Although I know of pretty much everything that's out due to /a/ and other sites like Dojinstyle. I kind of started watching Madoka, and think the concepts are kind of neat. I want to go back one day and watch Bakemonogatari as well, then there is an upcoming anime adaptation of A-Channel which is pretty great.

As far as old shows, I have a few favorites. I'm a bit of a classic Gundam fan (universal century), and grew up watching things like DBZ, FMA, Ghost in the Shell, and even Inuyasha; which was alright in it's own conceptual regard. As a stand-alone series I really love Mushishi, and I really admire Evangelion also.

EDIT: Gundam Unicorn episode 3 is coming out soon unless it already is? I am really excited about this series and have already put together the Kshatriya 1/144 model. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Fatuous One View Post
    You're the type of person who plays games for the graphics, aren't you!? :3
    No, quite the opposite.

Yet at the same time, if there is an anime (or game, I suppose) with an art-style I don't like, it'll be harder for me to get into it. The most old-school anime I ever watched all the way was Evangelion, and even that was pushing it. Although, it's not just the art that turns me off from 80s anime and whatnot, the generally direction and writing and feel of those shows are pretty distinct as well. Nothing wrong with people who like all those things, but I have a very hard time getting into it. Which is why my first Gundam was 00.