Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast

Thread: The Many Many Many Deaths of Atram Galiast (CYOA)

Blog Entries
    Atram had made up his mind, the church on the hill, Kotomine Church to be precise, this was where he needed to go first. That moderator was one of the few people Atram had a lot of in depth information on. Kotomine Kirei, the current moderator and former executor, he was the man in charge of keeping order.

To Atram this man was nothing more than a fool who would be manipulated into granting him the victory, the only question was, what was the best way to go about it?

Simply charging in and attacking the moderator head on was likely a suicide act, though perhaps Caster might be able to easily disable him that train of thought was out of the question for Atram. If he was going to take care of the moderator he needed to make sure he did it with his own two hands.

There was really two stances Atram could see himself taking, he could come to the moderator with the intention of some little news or some such and then stab him in the back when he least expects it or he could use the moderator to weasel out more information about potential Masters.

The first option would allow Atram to halt other potential Masters in their tracks by sealing more options for Command Seals while the second option would save Atram a lot of future trouble, but what was the better train of thought?

1. Go and stab Kotomine in the back
    2. Go and attempt to weasel information from Kotomine
    3. Write in...

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    3. Weasel information out of Kotomine… over lunch. Bring Caster along. She seemed eerily irate when I left.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I say we stab him.

That will surely prevent other Masters from obtaining Command Seals.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

1. Stab him in the back.
    Not Magus! Magic Emperor Magus!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Um… my vote counts more because I'm fancier?
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    3. Weasel information out of Kotomine… over lunch. Bring Caster along. She seemed eerily irate when I left.
    This sounds like fun. We should let Kirei pick the restaurant, and find out if it's possible to die of heartburn.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle NekoArcDragonhound's Avatar

Blog Entries
    So Walnut is that a vote for 3?

Yes.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is actually a real surprise. I didn't realize I'd made it sound so appealing. Well, I'm excited.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    The next part will be up tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    There was no way the mediator would ever expect an ambush in the middle of the day in a public setting. It was a genius plot and one that Atram felt would work without a hitch, after all why would the mediator ever suspect a magus like himself?

And so the invitation was sent and the very next day an acceptance was received with a recommendation on the location where they should meet. It was a small Asian restaurant located in the shopping district on the opposite side of the river. Koushuuensaiken: Zaikan, with little information about this kind of place it was a shot in the dark in terms of the food's quality but as a connoisseur of sorts and one who could hold his own in a meal. As such the terms of the meeting was accepted, Atram would go face to face with the father himself on his home turf.

Well aware of the danger of such a situation perhaps it was appropriate that Atram took special measures? With this thought in mind he immediately left to prepare for the day ahead.

It was just past noon and the day was young, people crowded the busy shopping center as Atram approached the small and quiet eating establishment. Was this really the place that Kotomine wished to meet him?

Walking through the plain doors Atram came face to face with the simple little restaurant. There was nothing out of the ordinary, it was a plain location, yet why did something feel so off? Looking around for a moment more finally made something in Atram's mind click. Where were all the people?

Other than the staff who was already coming over to great him there was not a soul in site. Alarm bells were already ringing in Atram's head yet before he could make an excuse to escape this awkward situation the door opened yet again and the man Atram had been searching for walked through it.

"Ah, greetings Master Atram, it appears you were able to make it on time. I hope you will join me for a quick meal as was discussed?"

The priest was as friendly as ever, as he motioned for the two of them to sit, hesitant at first Atram agreed and sat down.

"I assume the special is fine with you?"

"Yes that is fine."

What kind of food it might be mattered little to Atram, he only wished to move on to more important matters like figuring out more information about his opponents.

After giving the order to the waitress a very concern look crossed her face briefly before she left to get the food prepared.

"Now then, I must apologize for my tardiness, I was busy preparing my apprentice in her studies. As I am sure you are well aware, I have been rather busy as of late."

"It is no problem, such things are to be expected and my invitation was rather short notice. Now then I am sure you are wondering why I have called the meeting in the first place. I wish to discuss the current state of events regarding the... situation."

Unwilling to straight out say Holy Grail War due to the close proximity of the nearby people Atram was forced to resort to using vague language. Did this priest really have to pick such a small and quiet location for them to talk. Maybe he already knew what was going to be asked?

"Ah yes, I understand... I will gladly speak with you about the upcoming situation, but first let us eat."

Right on cue the waitress returned with their meals in hand and a very concerned expression on her face. Seeing the priest acting normally Atram could only assume that there was nothing wrong with her expression. As such when the bowls were lowered he thought nothing of the red hot aura that emanated from the food.

"Now then to our health."

Raising his spoon up as if to cheer Kotomine began to dip into the steaming hot tofu when the sound of a waitress falling down diverted his attention for just a split second. Turning his head to see what was the matter Atram took this opportunity to dump the small vial of liquid into the priest's piping hot food.

It was all according to plan, get Caster to discreetly distract the priest while Atram planted his potion deep in the priest's food. Before he would even know it the holy man would spill his every secret to Atram with this special concoction.

Turning back once more and seeing nothing out of the ordinary the priest could only shrug before once more digging into the food with his spoon and motioning for Atram to do the same.

It was true that Atram had not eaten in quite some time and as such he was feeling rather hungry, as such he too followed suit, slowly dipping into the food without giving it a second thought took a single large bite.

Immediately Atram's entire body froze as a small smirk crossed the priests face before he took his own bite as well.

'This food, the spices are on a realm like nothing I have ever tasted!'

It was taking all his willpower to spit it out and reach for the nearby glass of water.

'This must have been the priest's plan from the start! That bastard thinks he can make me flee with my tail between my legs. No, I refuse I have to fight!'

Gulping down the bite as hard as he could Atram's face was completely covered in sweat. Ignoring the screaming of his senses he immediately reached for his second spoonful much the priests surprise.

'This idiotic priest is attempting to make a fool out of the great Atram Galiast! Little does he know, I was raised in the heart of spice country. Heh, my taste-buds have already been tainted with the likes of food like this. I refuse to give in!'

Giving off his own smirk Atram swallowed his second bite and reached for a third. The smirk on Kotomine's face had already faded, now replaced with an all too serious demeanor, the man's eyes now filled with the intent to kill he reached down his own spoon and began to slurp down the entire bowl in just a few spoonfuls.

Atram's body had already began heating up past the point of no return, his arm was shivering with the thought of taking even another bite of the hell-fire that was Mapo Tofu. Yet still he reached down for yet another spoonful, he only had to last a few more bites and the bowl would be empty, his survival would be complete.

The priest was far ahead of him already, finishing up the last of the red broth he signaled for the waitress to come over.

'Oh? admitting defeat already? Perhaps it's time to call for the check.'

However Atram's hopes were soon dashed as Kotomine spoke to the waitress.

"Two more bowls of Mapo Tofu for me and my acquaintance please."

Atram's eyes widened as a pit of despair began to grow in his stomach. He had just walked into the lion's den, and with only this spoon to defend himself he was now in a battle to the death. This was no longer just a simple meal. This was a fight greater than any other!

Steeling his resolve as best he could Atram prepared himself for the long march ahead. Changing tactics Atram was quite familiar with what it meant to eat spicy food, growing up in a country where heat and spice were quite normal he knew that in times like these it was best to eat as quickly as possible so that the spices did not overcome the senses. As such he once more took a large spoonful and shoved it down his throat ignoring the screaming pain that his tongue gave off.

It was an intense fight, a fight that would last merely a few minutes but in the minds of the two competitors it was a fight that lasted an eternity. With every bowl swallowed another immediately took its place. An endless stream of heat and spice echoed throughout the restaraunt as the sounds of clattering cutlery echoed and the silent screams of Atram rang through his head.

'No...

...No more...

...I can't take this any more...

...Just stop!'

How many bowls had it been now? Atram had long since forgotten, his brain had already shut down the force of his spoon moved by nothing more than the automatic motion of his hand. His eyes were dried with an intensity greater than any other. Surely any weaker man might have long since perished in the great fight for Mapo Tofu. But Atram was no ordinary man, he was the greatest Master of this war!

Finally the spoon fell for the two men as their latest bowl was emptied, contrary to the wretched appearance that Atram was now in the priest was merely sweating heavily. Holding out his hand as if he had had enough the priest finally called for the check.

Atram had done it, he had bested the priest at his own game. His body exhausted from the battle he had just participated in Atram fell into a slouch as if all the energy he had vanished.

Closing his eyes deep in thought the priest finally spoke.

"I must commend you Atram Galiast, it seems your willpower and taste for food was far stronger then I had anticipated."

Still dazed Atram's unfocused eyes barely reacted to the priests words as the magus managed nothing more than a grunt. Standing up the priest calmly began to walk out of the restaurant before stopping momentarily and saying one last thing.

"Ah yes, I believe the Einzbern girl will make her move soon, you had best be prepared. Oh and Ms. Waitress may have I another bowl to go please?"

Despite the fact he had managed to survive it was then that Atram finally knew, this priest was in a whole other realm. The fact that he had called the match at all was only when Atram was on the brink of death. Enduring a suffering greater than no other the priest had relished in the magus' pain.

After the priest left it took another five minutes before Atram had finally regained the use of his limbs but the rumbling in his stomach was cause for other concerns.

Creating an exception for just an instant he called out to his Servant.

'Caster I don't care what magic you use, take me home immediately!'

The next two days were spent calming his raging stomach. For Atram the pain was most severe and any attempt to prepare for the upcoming war was made impossible by the rumbling his belly continued to give. Regardless, Atram couldn't help but be happy by the fact he had managed to survive the priests gauntlet and when the pain had finally subsided there was less than two weeks left until the official start of the war. This did not leave much time to prepare but regardless Atram vowed to continue on!

With the priest dealt with there were a few more options that Atram could do before the others would react, the only question was, which one?

1. Go to the Einzbern Forest
    2. Go meet with the Association's Hound
    3. Deal with the immature Tohsaka brat
    4. Prevent Zouken from taking a position
    5. Attempt to look for outliers
    6. (Partial Reset) Return to Temple and Delete current progress
    7. Write in...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    2 & 4 both sound good.
    Though if we ally with Bazett, Caster is gonna be much less friendly towards us. She won't be impressed that we've been fraternizing with shamelessly promiscuous Lancer boys.

But 4 also has merit. After witnessing our might, Zouken most certainly won't summon Hassan after all and start turning Fuyuki into a horror story every night.

Incidentally, we're on Day 3 of the Prologue now, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, what in the name of God's pet chinchilla am I thinking?! (It's name is Johan, btw)
    3 is the way to go. Oh, the pure humiliation. Beaten by a minor who somehow managed to seduce you, tie you to a bed, and left you by yourself (possibly) with a disgruntled, unfriendly Archer Servant. Or I suppose she could just gandrstrate us. Ooh, best yet, imprison us in a crystal that can only be destroyed by the touch of our true love. That shouldn't be a problem after all. My hunnies adore everything about me.

This must be how it feels when you've built a machine that holds Atram in place while at the same time, repeatedly propelling a metal baseball bat at his crotch with ferocity matched only by Tamamo. And of course, his hunnies get to watch via a free streaming video feed.

Spoiler:
    REPENTANCE THROUGH CROTCH VIOLENCE!
    Last edited by Draconic; October 7th, 2016 at 06:55 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Impressive. Our PC is a man of iron will. Pretty sure I would've thrown up, or at least been too occupied sopping up my streaming eyes and nose to keep eating, let alone talk.

Right now I'm thinking 4. Get eaten by vermiform obscenities.

3 Nothing will go wrong if we try to take on Tohsaka before she's ready.
    Not Magus! Magic Emperor Magus!

Blog Entries
    Looks like three is gonna be the choice.

Blog Entries
    Now that Draconic is back I'll see about getting the next part out as soon as I can.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't really understand how I fit into the equation, but I am eager to see how Tohsaka 'deals with' this problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, would you mind terribly if I added

Watching Milbunk kill Atrum again and again.

as a card for my Cards Agaist the Nasuverse deck?
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Uh sure help yourself.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle NekoArcDragonhound's Avatar