Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate's Awakening ~ The God and Destiny Cross Thesis Reformation - IC

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shintarou Shishioka
    April 11th, 2329 - The First Day
    Ecclesia ~ Phantasma

"Your strength is an unknown. If you are weak, then I cannot accept you as one of us, and you will lose until you become acceptable, conflict gives birth to strength, it's as simple as that."
    “If only the world worked in such convenient fashion, Ryu-san. Well, convenient for you, I guess. Less so for those not as fortunate as yourself, I would imagine.”

Where brilliant flames erupted around the white haired boy, Shintarou merely stretched his arms a bit, seemingly completely at ease with the potential prospect of being completely incinerated. Despite his slightly flippant tone, Shintarou’s eyes shone with a light that left his opinion of the other youth’s mindset entirely clear. A mixture of pity and an almost steely sense of resignation was all that was reflected in the depths of his dark eyes.

“I am myself. Shintarou Shishioka. That is my strength and that is the only strength I will ever have or ever need. If that is insufficient for you then well... there is little I can say or do about it, now is there?”

“To be honest, I would usually simply leave instead of escalating things like this…”

The huge sphere of crimson flame was launched towards Shintarou with a massive roar that echoed throughout the entire Phantasma. A feat of magic that would have, no doubt, caused quite a stir, were it’s creator a normal student. However, as attacks of divine caliber went, it was tame, almost meaningless, in fact. A testing blow, to tease out at least a general estimation of Shintarou’s capabilities. It would seem that the fire-wielding god in front of him was less hot-headed then either his words or elemental affinity would suggest.

A mere moment before the massive blast of flame collided with his form, Shintarou vanished in a burst of speed.

Unlike the almost lazy arc of the fireball that had flown towards him, Shintarou’s dash was almost instantaneous, as he seeming appeared out of thin air in front of Ryu in less time then it took one to blink.

“...but hasn’t anyone told you that petty bullying isn’t nice, sempai?”

Before the Ryu even had the time respond or to react to his words, Shintarou had already fired off a straight jab with his right fist towards the older boy’s face.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Ryusei Nakata
    Falling towards the Frozen Earth
    Morning
    MP: 7/17 Turn 1

I tightened my grip to the point where it looked as though the crystal itself was beginning to crack as the torrents of fire began to burst out even more violently than before from the wounds riddles across the dragon's body. Unfortunately that also included this one.

It's hot...

I clench my teeth as my hand is enveloped by a bout of flame, which was followed soon after by another and then another with no sign that it would stop any time soon. However as the waves of pain pass by one after the other, my grip on the creature remains firm. There was no way that I was going to let this thing get away and put some distance between us again. I'd already suffered such embarrassing helplessness in the sky before, I had no intention of allowing it or a certain someone putting herself in danger to happen again.

That's why something like this wasn't even close to enough to make me let go.

Then, almost as if in response to that thought, I noticed the shadow of a clawed hand looming over me and looked up to find its owner. It pulsed with volatile magics and steadily advanced towards where I was hanging from, intent on digging into me. I'll give it props for trying, but it was too late for it, all I needed was one strike at whatever was spewing out all those flames and this battle would be over.

As I lift my blade to prepare the final blow a thought occurs to me, one that brings a grin to my face. Though this is probably overdoing it, I'll do it just for some peace of mind. Besides it's not like it's that hard anyway. I am God, after all.

Let's see then...

Flames to purge away its magic...
    Steel to crush its crystal shell...
    And finally the power to overturn fate itself.

I let out a deep breath as the last of the magic I had called forth settled into place for the coming attack. It had taken more out of me than I'd expected, but that was the price of a little assurance I suppose. My blade was now engulfed by the same flames that had enveloped my arm earlier and it was slightly shaking as if it could barely contain itself from being let loose on the dragon.

Yes, this would do it. It was time to end this.

I swung my blade forth towards the incoming hand, for any other blade this would have been a useless gesture due to being out of reach however with each movement of my swing the metal multiplied and grew, even more so than before until finally it was able to reach its target and...

However it wouldn't end there, for the true target of my attack wasn't the claw, but the precious core that lay within the dragon. No matter what the results may have been from my first strike, the momentum of my blade continued as if it had never even collided with anything to begin with. It arced across the sky and now traveled in the opposite direction, towards the creature itself would it finally bring this thing to its pitiful end.

Wise up!
    Name: Ryusei Nakata
    Origin: Netherworld

Stats

Primary
    STR:
    B
    END:
    ???
    AGI:
    ???
    SEN:
    ???
    FATE:
    E

Magic
    CELE:
    F
    NETH:
    D

Deitize Armaments

Devil Form:

Unlike most armors which cover the entirety of a God, Ryusei’s only encompasses his right arm. Beginning at his shoulder, there rests what appears to be a Great Beast’s head, it’s lower jaw removed to allow room for the rest of Ryusei’s arm. The skull itself appears completely black in colour with what appears to be barely noticeable lines etched across it.

The arm itself is similar in appearance, covered in armor colored a pitch black with seemingly nothing noticeable about it, that is until you reach the hand which ends in a somewhat large, clawed gauntlet, with a red sphere resting upon its center, the size of which what allows him to wield his weapon.

Oh and both his irises are now red.

Samael, The Black Demon Blade

A pitch black blade engraved with dimmed runes, it’s appearance is better described as a slab of metal rather than any make of sword known to man, angel or demon.

Spells

Purgatory Flame
    Element: Fire
    Description: Ryusei calls forth the cleansing flames of destruction to burn away all impurities until nothing but dusts remains. These flames are so fierce that not only do they burn away monsters, but magic that they come into contact with as will. In addition to being able to launch them at his enemies by he is capable of wreathing himself in them.

Meteor Edge
    Element: Metal
    Description: Using his demonic power over metal, Ryusei enhances his black blade adding onto it more of the same black material that composes the blade, making it grow in size as well as power. However since Ryusei is no swordsmith he's pretty much just adding more metal onto it rather than anything fancy resulting in more crushing, rather than cutting, power.

Fate Abilities:

-Closed Future-
    Cost: 3
    The next attack of the user is guided by fate itself, and in one way or another, will definitely strike the opponent, even if it has to outright warp reality to do so. Ignores evasion possibilities, including those made possible by lower types of magic. Can be countered with Fate Breaker. When it collides with Reality Denial, the two cancel each other out, and things play out as they would without the fate buff. Does not automatically pierce shields.
    Last edited by Zagrin; October 17th, 2015 at 03:36 PM.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shintarou Shishioka
    Ecclesia ~ Phantasma

If this had happened in any other place, the area would have been completely devastated by the force of your fist alone, the mere shock-wave behind the attack being enough to annihilate any normal life that existed in the general area. The ground would have been ruptured, all plant life would have died, and the one on the receiving end of the attack would have become something similar to a star, shining on the horizon. If you put your mind to it, and had aimed a little bit higher, it would have been possible to simply launch your opponent off of the planet entirely, perhaps sending him careening to the moon, or past it into deep space.

That was simply the sort of physical strength this body possessed, but, not seeking to go that far, the attack instead sends the grey-haired youth flying off of the crystalline platform, a smile that you could swear was amused appearing on his face even as he suffers damage at your hands. While it's a blow that would have certainly ended a fight with any lesser being, as both you and the youth were "God," an attack that could very well launch someone off of a planet was not nearly enough for you to consider the battle to be over.

While you could not remember much about your own past, you knew of your own capabilities, the rumors, and if they were true...

Well...

You should probably follow up with something else, maybe slamming him down into the frozen earth, that might cool him off a bit-

"...!"

-However, before you can leap after him, his figure vanishing over the sea of clouds, you find yourself far from the Phantasma. It had happened in a flash, no, faster than that, instantly, before you had any time or chance to respond, you were simply 'existing,' over the cloud sea, with the fist of a certain grey-haired God mere centimeters from your stomach, timed so perfectly that by the time you realize what's happening, you yourself have been sent flying along the top of the cloud sea, the other God pursuing you, legs blazing with the fires that were propelling his flight.

It had been instantaneous.

He had moved you, not with his body, but with magic, spatial displacement...?

You hadn't sensed anything, so was it... Fate Magic...?

Summoning?

"Not bad, that was a pretty heavy fist. Senpai has noticed you."

Still talking with a smile on his face, the youth with the apparent personality of a blood-knight, pulls back his fist as he approaches at Godspeed, golden flames, ones that eclipsed the entire sphere of fire that had come before, gather in his right hand, their intended use being quite clear.

"Now catch."

Blinking, the both of you still rocketing through the sky with reckless abandon, the school no longer in sight, a fist is launched towards your face, aiming to knock you down towards the frozen earth.

So this was the escalation that comes with a school fight between Gods huh...

---

Back at Ecclesia, a certain blue-haired Goddess, who had reflected the massive sphere of flame to the sky, sighs to herself, before leaping off the edge, pursuing the two who had disappeared in a single exchange.

Why did this always happen...?
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Ryusei Nakata
    Falling towards the Frozen Earth
    Morning

The golden sky had exploded, the blue and white sea of clouds becoming, for a moment, like the dark crimson skies of the netherworld you had called home. Consumed in that same fire, the fire that had emerged from the beast upon breaking it open, reaching out to set it's core loose, for the first time, you feel a flash of severe pain even through your armor, foreign flames baking the skin as the force of the detonation separates you and the crystal dragon for the last time. It's form shatters, the massive body fragmenting like a weapon of old, tearing apart the skies, the clouds, revealing the frozen planet below once more as, momentarily stunned from the blast, gravity takes over to drag you down from the sky, body accelerating, faster and faster, but...

This was fine.

It sucked you couldn't fly... But hey, it looked like it had been destroyed for real that time...

And well, it might sting a bit when you hit the planet, terminal velocity into a crystallized planet and all, but you'd live, Gods weren't quite as fragile as to be killed by something as small as that-

"Hmmm. Falling Gods, huh?"

-However, before you can really get going, or even turn around to watch the coming impact, you find yourself caught in someone's arms. If the person in question hadn't spoken first, you would have assumed it was your guardian, but, while the owner of the voice was definitely feminine, it was a bit too... Passive, to be that hyper energetic devil...

Not to mention your crystal was vibrating hard in your chest.

Around you, you could see what looked like the deck of a ship... But it wasn't the one you had been on...

It looked a lot like an angel vessel...

And the person holding you... Seemed a lot like a God.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

"Hmm? The opening ceremony?" pausing for a moment from his relentless devouring of instant noodles, the azure-cloaked God pauses for a moment before giving the expected answer, "Well, that's a bit of a surprise. The Principal gets a kick out of it every year... Well, you'll find out when it happens."

Having seemingly talked himself out of giving you the answer, the man chuckles to himself before addressing your other concerns.

"As for the number... There are fourteen Gods on Ecclesia if you just count the students, fifteen if you toss me in there as well, although I'm not quite as involved in the school life as I used to be... So, well, just consider me an extra."

Another pause, then...

"As for your life here... Well, a big part of it will just be what you make of it. We're a school, and we focus on combat a lot sure, but we're still a school. Barring combat courses, you can probably just treat it like you treated your old school, make friends, go exploring, see what the other side of the world has to offer. Angels, Devils, Gods, in the end we're all just people, even if some people don't seem to agree."

Sounding a tad philosophical as he goes along, the man laughs again before picking up his chopsticks.

"Well, I guess that may be a bit idealistic. Being God does make some things more awkward, people will be more judgmental of you for one, and some of the others may try to pick a fight... But they're not bad kids... Just give them a bit, and they'll warm up to you."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

"I see." Surga nodded in understanding as the vice principal continued to devour his meal. Seeing no need to continue the conversation, at least for now, Surga started to mull over the things he had learned from that information.

There are fourteen gods in Ecclesia, fifteen if the vice principal is counted. That was quite the number, and so far he had only met two: Serenade and the vice principal himself. The two were nice people from what he had seen, but that still leaves a dozen of Gods whom he has not meet yet, and it was very likely that at least one or two would be troublesome. He suppose it couldn't be helped, and he would deal with it when the time comes.

Then there is the matter of living in Ecclesia. It sounds like that aside from the combat classes it would just be regular school, and Surga was quite relieved to hear that. That means the transition wouldn't be too shocking and he could quickly adapt to live in Ecclesia. Living and having classes with angels and demons along with his fellow gods would also be a new experience, and he hope he could start to tolerate the demons after some time.

'
    Still, most would be judgmental huh...' Surga quietly thought as he leaned back on his chair. 'That means whatever I do in public would be used as a basis of what kind of God I am. There may also be some expectations for me as a God, and I also have to build my own faction so to speak...'

'As I thought, it would be quite troublesome.' Surga conclude as he let out a sigh. After the welcoming ceremony his quiet life would truly be over, so he suppose he would savor this moment as much as he can, where he was just another student and not someone bearing the title of "God".

He also started to wonder why Celes and Leliel hasn't returned yet, so Surga started to scanned the cafeteria for the two as his stomach started to growl.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Ryusei Nakata
    Fallen into someone's arms
    Morning

That's strange it seems I've already stopped moving, have I really already reached the planet? No, that can't be right I can still see the clouds all around me and the ground feels...a lot softer than I expected? Actually what's even weirder is that my crystal has just suddenly started to vibrate as well, almost as if...

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Girl
    "Hmmm. Falling Gods, huh?"
    As if responding to that line my head snaps upwards to see the person who had evidently caught me. Even though I already knew better, I was kind of hoping that the person who had caught me was Cerys, however instead what I saw was the unfamiliar face of a young woman. Strange, this is the first time I've seen this girl yet I somehow already know...she's just like me, isn't she?

She too was God.

Slowly my gaze shifts and I scan my immediate surroundings. From the looks of it I've landed on a ship, not the one I'd originally been on of course, rather this one seems to have been made by the Angels. I can't help but chuckle at this situation, I mean what were the chances of landing on an Angel ship right after taking down a Dragon God, but not just any angel ship, this one had a God on it.

Today really was just full of surprises, wasn't it? Still this situation made me feel a tad uneasy, and no I didn't mean the fact that I was now going to have to deal with a bunch of bothersome angels, it was something more important than that.

"Well you know how it is also uh...you can put me down now."

I fidget somewhat involuntarily in her grasp, I'd rather this not be the image that I'm remembered by.
    Last edited by Zagrin; October 25th, 2015 at 03:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

It was way too early in the morning for cake, and yet that was exactly what your friends had brought back to the table. Big enough to take up most of the table, and looking a bit like it might be some sort of giant cinnamon roll, the two had carried it back slowly, carrying it between them, even though you were positive it wasn't heavy enough to warrant such a thing being necessary. While it seemed like she was trying to hide it, you could see a hint of a proud smile in Leliel's face as she presents you with it, and immediately a new theory for this particular cake's origin makes itself known to you.

Rather than having the chef cook it... Was this something she had made herself...?

While the rest of the cafeteria was quite varied in terms of food choices, the portions were definitely smaller... In the sense that your table was the only one that seems to have brought an entire portion of the meal back with them.

"Sorry it took so long, had a bit of kitchen trouble~ You don't have any problems with cinnamon, right?"

Leliel smiling at you eagerly, Celes gives you an odd look from behind the girl's back, one that you couldn't quite place, but...

One that made you feel uncomfortable about the prospect of answering in the affirmative...

"..."

Silently watching, somehow unnoticed as of yet, Shin almost seems to slide into the cake's shadow, out of the range of Leliel's eyes, so quickly but subtly that you almost missed it.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

When Leliel said that she'd get something "extravagant" before dragging Celes along with her, Surga thought he had prepared himself quite well. From truly extravagant food which he had only read in books to to the cheapest one imaginable, Surga kept his expectation in check so that he won't be surprised nor disappointed with what Leliel would bring.

Clearly he was wrong.

"..........."

It was a cake. A cake so big that it took most of the table's space and somehow looked like a giant cinnamon roll. Overcoming his surprise, Surga took his eyes off the giant cake and focused his attention to the green-haired devil instead; while she tried to hide it, his keen eyes noticed a hint of proud smile on her face and immediately a theory surfaced on his mind.

'Did she make this cake herself?' Surga thought before answering it himself. 'Of course she did. While the food here is quite varied, their portions are much more smaller than this cake, not to mention that proud smile of hers...'

He had expected devils to love food like meat and the like, but Leliel has proven him wrong. Either that or Leliel is a rare exception, because the image of devils eating cake just doesn't seemed right in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel
    "Sorry it took so long, had a bit of a kitchen trouble~You don't have any trouble with cinnamon right?"
    'That basically confirmed it.' Surga thought before he looked at the cinnamon cake again. While it wasn't the appropriate time for a cake, he suppose there is no harm in eating something which Leliel herself made. Not only would it make her happy, it would also be a good start for their relationship.

[BGM Off]

But just before he wanted to reply, Surga caught the sight of his childhood friend with an odd look on her face. Celes rarely looked confused, but he understood what she implied. The cake itself is fine; it was truly made by Leliel with all of her heart, but that was not what Celes tried to say. If his interpretation was correct, what Celes is trying to say is...

「Answering affirmative may not be the best course of action」 .

Surga isn't 100% sure, but his guess is that Leliel loves cinnamon rolls a little bit too much. From her proud smile to the size of the cake, it would make sense. Perhaps if he answered yes they'd have cinnamon rolls everyday, which would indeed be undesirable. Surga cannot help but wonder what Celes had witnessed in the kitchen for her to send such warnings.

As he prepared himself to answer, Surga saw Shin subtly but quickly moved out of Leliel's eyesight and slide into the cake's shadow. Surga paid the unnoticed vice-principal no heed because he understood the desire to be unnoticed, but he must admit Shin was quite skillful; if it was someone else, Surga was sure they'd have lose sight of the vice-principal. Quickly regaining his focus at the matter, Surga finally spoke.

"I neither like nor dislike cinnamon, but having it once in a while is alright." The new God answered truthfully before continuing. "And I appreciate the fact that you made this yourself, so thank you Leliel."

That being said, all that is left is to eat the cake itself.

...He seriously hoped that the cake is good. It wouldn't be funny if what Celes wanted to say was something as simple as "The cake is not that good".
    ================================
    Wise Up!

Name: Surga Utopia
    Origin: Celestia

Perks
    Insight
    God's Observation

The perk of observing and analyzing one's surrounding. Even as a human Surga's observation skills was beyond ordinary, capable of analyzing mood, atmosphere, environment and emotion, allowing him to notice small details which others would have missed. Useful in many ways, Surga mainly used it to detect any abnormalities in his everyday life and thus avoid potential danger.
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Ryusei Nakata
    Morning

"Ah, right, right. Couldn't help myself, trying out the savior thing to see how it goes, y'know?"

Speaking with a casual voice, the girl that didn't seem at all bothered with holding you in her arms lightly sets you down on the deck of the ship. Other than the two of you, there was no one else out here on the deck. The skies that had been burned red with magic had once again regained their golden glow, and as you stand back up of your own volition, pain already fading from your body, the young woman turns her gaze up towards the sky.

"Thought I heard a dragon, but I guess that was what you were dealing with, huh?"

Hand going up over her eyes, the girl's expression is almost disappointed.

"Kind of a shame, looks like it died. I kinda wanted to take a shot at it, but hey, it's a threat down, so I guess I can't complain."

Turning her gaze back to you, the woman holds out her hand to you without any show of hesitation, seemingly not caring about why exactly you had been plummeting towards the planet when you had met.

"Name's Lara. You were heading towards Ecclesia, right? Your ship nearby? I could give you a lift. Not really busy. Been dying to try out my angel wings too."
    Last edited by Airen; November 17th, 2015 at 08:22 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ryusei Nakata
    Morning

Ah that's better, it's good to be standing back on my own two feet and it seems like whatever wounds I'd sustained from the battle were already healing. I look to the girl and follow her gaze up to the clouds where I had just fought moments earlier.

"Thought I heard a dragon, but I guess that was what you were dealing with, huh?"
    I cracked a smile as I replayed the moment in my mind where I had finished the Dragon God off. Yeah, that's right, I was the one who had killed that thing and suffice is to say I'm pretty proud that I'd taken down something that was said to be capable of killing God.

"Pretty much, that overgrown lizard picked the wrong transport to mess with today and for that it's not going to be causing anyone any more trouble again."

"Kind of a shame, looks like it died. I kinda wanted to take a shot at it, but hey, it's a threat down, so I guess I can't complain."
    All I could do was shrug at her disappointment, I understood how she felt of course. After all earlier today I too was itching to try out my powers against a worthy foe and thanks to that unexpected encounter my wish had been granted.

"Eh, I'm sure you'll get another chance soon enough. Besides this one didn't even prove to be too much of a workout, for one of those so called Dragon Gods I didn't even need to pull out all the stops to take it down."

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    "Name's Lara. You were heading towards Ecclesia, right? Your ship nearby? I could give you a lift. Not really busy. Been dying to try out my angel wings too."
    I reach out and grasp her hand, giving it a shake before introducing myself.

"Ryusei Nakata and yeah, or at least I was until our ship was attacked by that monster. Still I'm certain that it's close enough, I only fell a couple hundred miles or so getting down here after all. As for the help? Sure, why not."

Normally I'd deny such an offer, I preferred doing things myself and keeping the help of others to a minimum however for this situation I couldn't see any other way getting back unless I wanted to stand around and wait for my ship to come and pick me up. Honestly griping about it was just a waste of time, I mean sure, I can jump well enough, but that's not enough to travel through the empty skies and from the looks of it it seems like I'm one of the few who'd never taken up flying lessons.
    Last edited by Zagrin; November 25th, 2015 at 09:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

There was a sort of phenomena on Ecclesia that no one could really explain, no matter how much time happened to pass since it's construction. It was something subtle, so in the background, that it could be considered a form of fate magic in and of itself, something that messed with reality on such a base level, that by the time it's consequences were noticed, it seemed like a natural part of the world, a thing that just happened and should not be considered strange.

Nevertheless, it was very strange.

There had never been a single day where a new God had shown up at the school, and they hadn't immediately gotten involved in some sort of conflict. It happened to reliably that it could almost be thought to be some sort of twisted tradition, if not for the fact that the reasons behind the fighting were never the same, in fact, the reasons tended to fluctuate wildly, from the serious to the petty, to the just plain unfortunate or humorous.

Surga Utopia was no exception to this hidden law, he had just yet to be fully ensnared in it's impossible to resist grip.

Nevertheless, as he reaches out with a simple fork to test the cooking of his new partner, the object of the energetic devil's laborings, something she had spent hours the previous night making and remaking to perfection as a sort of welcome to school gift for her two new friends, disappears in a supersonic burst of flame. Sensing it as it happens, the boy jerks his head back slightly out of reflex, easily avoiding the magic that destroyed his cake, moving so instinctively that he had avoided it long before his mind could really comprehend what had happened.

It only takes a second, a quick blank of confusion, but then...

"Neliel-!"

What he's left seeing, is the cheerful, energetic Leliel literally shaking in place, one fist held out in front of her chest, burning with literal flames of what seemed to be wrath. Her gaze is fixed on a nearby laughing girl, who seemed to be the cause of the sudden destruction of your meal.

"Hahaha, that's a pretty good look Leliel! Fumbled at the last bit! Your guard was so open it was adorable~"

She also appeared to be taunting your partner through her laughing fit.

You didn't get it... It didn't seem to be that funny...

But these two seemed to know each other personally, so maybe it was some sort of "one-upping" your rival thing...?

Regardless-!

Everyone else (except for Shin, who is still just sitting there, eyebrow raised) seems to be backing away from the two, as if a fight is coming, and-!

"I can't believe you Nel! You're such a bitch!"

Punching, or rather swiping, at the air, the world flashes red as a line of fire, like the tip of a sword, shoots across the room towards the red-haired devil, who spins out of the way, still laughing as she launches her own barrage of flame back without hesitation. A wall of flame that, unlike Leliel's precision strike...

Seems destined to just hit everyone on your side of the cafeteria.

The fact that no one was really freaking out about it showed that such a thing wasn't entirely unusual, but still-!

As a human, this is certainly not normal-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

Surga Utopia was pretty good at avoiding trouble, and even now that statement still stands. He managed to instinctively avoid the flame which consumed the cake, and the one causing the ruckus, Neliel, seemed to mess not with him, but with Leliel instead.

'They have similar names... Are they siblings? Or perhaps it's just coincidence?'

Nevertheless, Surga Utopia would have walked away. While the loss of the cake is somewhat sad for his stomach, it was nevertheless a fight he shouldn't be involved in. Neliel seemed to have no ill intention towards himself; she burned the cake not to attack him, but to attack Leliel. The result of Surga not able to eat was just a side-effect of such actions.

Yes, the old Surga Utopia would definitely sighed as he walked away, blending in with the crowds to avoid a fight which doesn't concern him at all.

But...

Surga Utopia was no longer a weak human. He had become God, and although he himself didn't know it, a certain 'pride' have manifested inside himself.

The pride of being strong.

Surga has not realized it yet. He tried to justify his next actions as an act to to help Leliel, the energetic devil who was surprised and pained as she watched her cake burst in flames before that feeling is replaced with rage. He tried to justify it to help everyone on his side who will be engulfed by Neliel's flames.

But no matter how many justifications Surga Utopia came up with, and no matter how true they are as a part of his next action, in the end it was because of his 'pride' that Surga stood up, his eyes narrowed dangerously towards the aggressor. It was like a cat who tried to mess with another cat without realizing that a lion was sleeping nearby.

And now, the lion has awakened.

Surga didn't make any effort to dodge the wall of flames; he wished to test his endurance as a God, so he'll face it head on. With the crystal in his chest being silent, Surga deduced that Neliel was not a God, and thus perfect for the spell that he would cast.

"Oi. You, red-head who showed a lot of skin. Apologize to Leliel if you don't want to get hurt."

Of course Surga didn't expect her to comply; after all, even if she apologize, the cinnamon roll cake which was made with all of Leliel's heart is gone. Surga appreciate hard work, and seeing his devil's honest effort being mocked made his blood boil.

Yes, Surga Utopia is pissed.

As the wall of flames hit him, Surga silently cast the only Nether Spell that he knew, a curse which will make sure that his opponent fall from grace. And whether Neliel realized it or not, Surga Utopia fully intended to test out his capabilities as God with her as the test subject.

It would be a nice, warm-up battle before the opening ceremony.
    ===================
    wise up!

Nether Spells
    Humilitas ~ Kneel Before God
    A curse which lowers STR, END and AGI of a target by two ranks. If said target's CELE or NETH is higher than C, effectiveness is decreased by one rank. Doesn't work to a God. With fast casting time and little to no sign of being cast at all, it is the perfect magic to flaunt one's power as a God.
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

Blog Entries
    Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

The Fate Awakening Crystal was an item that had never been fully understood, and as a result, what it meant to be God, as well as what it meant to be "God's Hands," was a topic that was still wreathed in a light fog. Connected at the soul, there were many people that theorized that such a connection would cause the personalities of the three people to blend together somewhat, eventually, if given enough time, any of the three people that formed "God," would eventually be able to flawlessly speak for, as well as understand the other two.

While your connection hadn't existed that long, it was still there, and...

Just as you had decided to just ignore the wall of flame for the purpose of a counter, Leliel, who seemed far beyond the point of caring about a little battle damage, has already thrown herself straight through the wall of flame, arm cocked back for a punch even as-

"Eh-?!"

Your spell crashes into the red haired devil with the subtlety of a light wind. There was nothing particularly flashy about it, after all, you had designed it that way... Just because one was God did not mean that all of your moves had to shake the planet, make the world tremble and bow, no, God himself had taken to a more subtle approach later on, and as a person who could appreciate this...

You can't help but grin slightly as the Devil falls to her hands and knees, not because she couldn't resist, she could certainly struggle to her feet if she tried, even if it would be a pain in the ass, but rather because it had simply caught her completely off guard.

In that same instant, knees touching ground, arms dropping to meet them-!

"Heh..."

A smirking Leliel sends her flying back, through the cafeteria wall, with all the subtlety of a carpet bombing, to the rather subdued panic of a nearby group of students, who rather than fleeing, once again seemed to be showing a disturbing amount of familiarity with the fact that someone had just been blown across the entire cafeteria and through the brick walls into the morning sun.

Really, the only person who seemed bothered was Shin, and his only reaction was a sigh.

"Woo! Nice assist~! Sis has had that coming for awhile~"

The first thing you see after you shake off the hammer of flame that had slammed into you, barely even winded from it, is Leliel flashing you a thumbs up for your help, her mood seeming to pull a complete 180 after successfully punting her sibling across the room.

Sibling rivalry seemed to be pretty serious up here.

Dangerous...

"A-Alright, not bad, not bad!"

Stepping out of the rubble, wiping blood from her face with a grin that had yet to fade, Neliel finally turns her attention to you for the first time.

"You've got guts! No real hesitation at all, I like it, even if it screams white knight!"

While she still seemed pretty eager to fight... Her words were somehow still a compliment?!

"Rose! Help me out here! I don't want to fight God and his lackeys alone!"

"Nah, this is totally your fault. No need for me."

The woman who answers her call makes your crystal shake hard, just as Serenade's and Shin's presence had...

Another one...

"Come onnnnnn, my sins are your sins!"

"I disagree!"

"Don't be that way!"

"I'll give em two more shots at you, and then we'll see, k?"

It's an odd, vaguely amusing scene, and one that would have been worthy of continued observation, if not for the fact that, as your eyes flick from Neliel to her apparent God, the devil girl vanishes in the blink of an eye, her form melting into the shadows, and-

"Beneath you."

Leliel's calm voice, accompanied by her footsteps.

Shortly followed by a hand, Neliel's hand, shooting up from the floor, forming out of shadow, in order to grip your feet.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

The first thing that Surga realized after he cast Humilitas was Leliel running through the wall of flames to strike Neliel.

It was strange. There was almost no indication of Humilitas being cast, and even if someone did realize it they wouldn't be able to discern what it would do. Leliel certainly didn't know what it would do, and yet Surga could see that both he and Leliel moved in tandem with each other. At this pace...

Quote Originally Posted by Neliel
    "Eh-?!"
    Humilitas soon hit the red-haired devil with the subtlety of a light wind, and Surga couldn't help but grinned as he saw her fell to her hand and knees; Humilitas has worked perfectly, and just as Neliel's knees met the ground Leliel's fist met her target head-on. A loud boom echoed as Neliel was sent flying through the cafeteria's walls, and Surga couldn't help but be impressed by Leliel's strength and their coordination just now.

'Is this another power of the Fate Awakening Crystal?' Surga mused as he wondered about it. It'd make sense really; half of Leliel's soul was inside it after all. Then he realized that the wall of flames was coming, and quickly braced himself-

-only to found himself barely winded from it.

'Huh.' Surga thought as he looked at himself, looking perfectly fine aside from a few soot here and there. 'It doesn't even hurt. I knew they said my endurance was quite good, but this is something else. If I'm still a human, I would've been toast.'

"Woo! Nice assist~! Sis had that coming for awhile~"
    Surga then noticed Leliel flashing a thumbs-up, her mood seemingly turning 180 instantly after she laid that well-timed punch. Aside from knowing that Neliel is Leliel's sister, Surga also noticed the rather subdued panic, the students watching instead of running and Shin sighing at the spectacle. With the only one bothered being the vice-principal (and even then he didn't interfere or tell them to stop either), Surga deduces that battle like this must be pretty common in Ecclesia, and he cannot help but sighed like Shin. His everyday quiet life is truly over if things like this occurs regularly...

'I guess Serenade was right. Things aren't very normal around here...'

"A-alright! Not bad, not bad! You've got guts! No real hesitation at all, I like it, even if it screams white knight!"
    Neliel rose from the rubble, wiping blood from her mouth while complimenting him at the same time. She still seemed eager to fight, but Surga's thought come to a halt as he digest everything she said. It was, quite frankly, the first time he got praised in battle, and it felt good. Looking at the red-haired devil, he could see her similarities with Leliel in a way, and she doesn't seem like a bad person at all.

"Rose! Help me out here! I don't want to fight God and his lackeys alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    "Nah, this is totally your fault. No need for me."
    Yet again, Surga felt his crystal pulsed at the blue-haired girl who answered Neliel's call. The goddess - Rose - seemed chill enough, and Surga started to count himself lucky for meeting 3 gods with good attitude in a single day.

"Come onnnnnn, my sins are your sins!"
    "I disagree!"
    "Don't be that way!"
    "I'll give em two more shots at you, then we'll see, k?"
    Surga couldn't help but let out a small smile, amused at the interaction between the two. Seeing the scene before him made Surga think whether he'd be in Rose's position someday, with Leliel causing some trouble and Celes being amused at the situation. Nevertheless, it seemed both he and Leliel (he doesn't think Celes need to join in... maybe) have two more "turns" before either the battle ends or Rose decided to join in the fray.

Just as Surga started to focus his attention on Neliel's Goddess, the devil in question vanished into the shadows in the blink of an eye. His mind kicking into overdrive, Surga started to scan the cafeteria-

"Beneath you."
    Focusing his attention just as Leliel instructed, Surga saw Neliel's hand emerging from the shadows with the intent on gripping his feet. Time seemed to slow down as Surga considered what he should do in this situation: He could try to stomp that hand to test his strength, but stomping a hand is just too cruel in his opinion, so he dismissed that option. He could try hitting her with a spell, but if she could immediately hide again in the shadows it would be moot. Deitization and Fate magic is out since its just a small battle, and that only leaves him with one option.

Focusing as much power as he could to his legs, Surga jumped backwards as far as he could to avoid Neliel's hand. Hopefully if her calm tone and approaching footsteps were of any indication, Leliel would take care of this; At this moment, there was too little information of what Neliel could do in the shadows for Surga to act any other way.
    ==================
    Wise Up!

Name: Surga Utopia
    Origin: Celestia

STR: ?
    END: C
    AGI: C
    SEN: ?
    FATE: E

Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

Blog Entries
    Ryusei Nakata
    Ecclesia
    Morning

All in all, it had been a rather eventful morning.

It had been about an hour since Lara had returned you to your ship, flying with a maniacal glee through the sky, there had been a few moments where you had seriously wondered if the girl was going to simply overshoot most of the planet and reach your ship on the rebound, but in the end, impossibly fast or not, you had been dropped down with a cheerful "see ya," straight into the arms of a certain idiotic teacher of yours.

As expected, she had been completely and utterly unharmed. Even her clothes and hair remained undamaged in spite of the rampaging winds she had been ripped into... Really, when she had happily caught you out of the air (again), her attitude had been that of a person who hadn't just gotten into a fight with crystallized, possessed dragon.

Even if it was, as she said "a smaller one," you had expected her to be a bit more phased once everything was all said and done, but it seemed that she was enough of an airhead that even something as randomly disastrous as a dragon attack was something she was able to simply put behind her immediately...

Ah well, nothing too odd, after all, she was kind of a weirdo, and...

Having finally arrived at the school, to a crowd of a couple hundred students, some wandering around the island minding their own business, others obviously here just to gawk at the new students arriving via the port...

"There she is, Ryu! Found her first!"

"Cerys Naberius...You're quite the energetic one, aren't you?"

You find yourself watching yet another weird scene, as, rather than greet your "assigned angel," the one who had offered half of her soul to your crystal in a normal manner, Cerys had practically launched herself across the dock to embrace the woman on sight. Her intention had clearly been to drag you along with her, but dodging reflexively, her reckless glomp (which she had committed too anyway) had left the blonde woman, whose name you still did not know, staring at her with a blank expression of relative disbelief, not resisting the arms thrown around her neck, but obviously not sure how to react to such a blatant show of affection from what is little more than a stranger.

"Of course! I've wanted to meet you for awhile, Parisa!"

"...I see. Well, I was curious about the both of you as well, admittedly."

Having seemingly hit her limit, the angel, Parisa, as Cerys had called her, slowly pries the other woman off of her before turning her gaze to you. Unlike Cerys, she was far more composed, she wasn't smiling, and her eyes held a sort of "no-nonsense," aura to them that was almost the exact opposite of your teacher's. When your eyes meet, your crystal starts thrumming in your chest, recognizing someone familiar, and when she speaks again...

"And you must be Nakata Ryusei, correct? I am Parisa Soraumi," making a small bow, the woman pauses for a moment before continuing, "As both your Soul Donor, and a representative of Ecclessia, I would like to welcome you to the Academy."

Now behind her, Cerys gets an odd, mischievous look on her face again as she looks the blonde student over, but...

"I trust your journey here was pleasant?"

Parisa didn't seem to notice she was being studied.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ryusei Nakata
    Ecclesia
    Morning

So this is Ecclesia, eh? Strange, from everything I'd heard about it (and the fact it was built on one of the angel's very own floating cities) I didn't expect it to be so...normal? I mean make no mistake the city was quite a site, the view back at the airship was especially spectacular but when you get down to it I'd expected it to look more...alien perhaps? Rather than a city made by devils and angels this looks to me more like something that humans would have built. Then again perhaps they did that on purpose, what with all us gods being humans.

Nonetheless I didn't must attention to the students who were scrambling around the port once I'd disembarked on the ship. Sure, they were all excited about meeting all the new arrivals, but I couldn't say I much cared to socialize with them and tried to make my way through the crowds as fast as I could. That's right I was more interested in meeting that new roommate of ours, that angel who had been assigned to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerys
    "There she is, Ryu! Found her first!"
    Ah looks like Cerys found her although...whether that's a good or bad thing I couldn't quite say. At least I doubt this angel had expected a devil to outright jump at her and well...glomp her. Still she seemed to handle it relatively well, it seems she had quite a bit of patience for such antics. Indeed her attitude was starkly different from that of Cerys's and one which I think I may find agreeable.

As I meet her gaze with my own I instinctively clutch my chest as I feel the new familiar thrum of the crystal within me. Yes, there was no mistaking it, this was my soul donor.

Quote Originally Posted by Parisa
    "And you must be Nakata Ryusei, correct? I am Parisa Soraumi. As both your Soul Donor, and a representative of Ecclessia, I would like to welcome you to the Academy. I trust your journey here was pleasant?"
    "That's right, it's good to finally meet you Parisa Soraumi. As for my journey here...I suppose pleasant is one word for it since I finally got to cut loose a little, though I suppose a more appropriate word would be eventful? Ah but you don't need to worry about the details, after all the Dragon God was just one of the smaller ones or so I've been told by Cerys.

Blog Entries
    Ryusei Nakata
    Ecclesia - Morning

"Dragon God? A draconian aberration...?"

Her words are those of someone surprised, and with her eyes widening slightly at the mention, it becomes rather clear that this person is someone who is bad at hiding their emotions, in spite of her otherwise stoic stance and expression.

"There shouldn't be any of those around here... I thought we got all of them in the raid the other day... I'll have to report it to the Council later on I suppose..."

One hand coming up to rest under her chin, the girl trails off into silence, obviously thinking to herself, as if the mystery of the (admittedly small) Dragon God was something she intended to figure out right here, in the middle of the docks. Behind her, Celes seems to be getting odd, touchy-feely ideas, a second glomp, this time made with the intention of forcing another reaction out of the girl through a surprise grope, is denied, the girl stepping to the side at Godspeed without looking at her attacker, leaving the red-haired devil to crash into the ground with a small groan.

You would have normally caught her, but... In this case...

She kinda had it coming...

Besides, she had just bounced back up like it hadn't happened anyway.

Mercifully, Parisa doesn't draw attention to the failed 'lewd' strike, although the small grin on her face, one that fades so fast you were almost positive you had imagined it, makes it clear that she found some part of the exchange amusing in spite of ignoring it.

"Still, disregarding the origin of the beast... Your clothes appear to be damaged, so your body was struck," jumping straight to the heart of a matter you yourself had forgotten, the girl's no nonsense personality returns, her arm extending out to you, as if she expects you to take it, "Come along, your things are waiting in our room. We'll get you two a change of clothing, and then go see the nurse to make make sure nothing odd got left in the gashes."

A kind smile, but then...

A brief look of embarrassment...

"Of course, I'm not demanding it," hastily, as if deriding herself for breaking some sort of personal rule, the girl's posture straightens, and for a moment, you can't help but think you're looking at some sort of embarrassed knight, "It's up to you really, God's orders are absolute, after all. If you'd rather do something else, that's fine with me."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

It's something close to a play fight, but even so, there's no need to be overly reckless.

There were many things that spell of Neliel's could potentially do, magic was a mysterious force after all, just because it looked like a simple shadow dive spell did not mean that it was actually just a simple shadow dive spell... It could be one that specialized in capturing the target, weakening the body of the one she grips, or the Neliel that is reaching towards you now could be a fake one, a clone, or a shadow bomb, something that would explode into a mud-like substance, and grab you in the brief opening left by that game changer called surprise.

Aware of all of these things, these potential outcomes, you simply choose to avoid the strike altogether, and avoid dealing with any of them.

It's fast, but thanks to Humilitas, and your own status as a "God," you're faster.

The movement that carries you back across the room is one that shows the gap between "God," and a "Devil." A casual movement from you was the same thing as a desperate sprint to others, and a full force leap back, one stopped only because you had no desire to break the building any more than it was already broken, keeps you from putting a football field's worth of space between you and her.

Even so, such a thing was unnecessary, after all...

"...!"

The moment that hand had made itself known in the world...

"Ah! Was that too much?! Was it too much?!"

Celes had frozen the entire area around the limb, leaving it lost amongst a newfound garden of crystal ice. It was a spell that had been fired reflexively in your defense, a simple prison of ice, fitting for someone who was more inclined towards pacifism than anything else, but...

"Ah, nono, I can't see her arm! Did I trap her?!"

Fearing she had overdone it, the girl that was not used to fighting, but had done her best to prepare for the inevitability anyway, was clearly starting to panic at the thought of having perhaps actually hurt the other girl.

She probably had, in some ways, but you doubted it was serious.

Angels and Devils were tough, they weren't as squishy as people, getting frozen solid, and buried under a few tons of ice was probably incapacitating, but you doubted it was fatal, even so...

For some reason, you don't feel like you should put your guard down... Really...

You weren't convinced the spell had actually hit the devil at all-!

Looking around, body feeling uneasy, like you had seen something, a movement so fast that even your brain was having trouble to process it...

You move to dodge the fist that enters your vision at light-speed, the knuckles of a hand, Neliel's hand, brushing against your shoulder with an audible bang, the sheer shock wave of the attack slamming into your arm with the force of a dozen tons. For an instant, it flares with pain, bone cracking under the pressure before being healed by the Fate Awakening Crystal, and you retreat, confused as to what had just happened.

It had been a blur of red and silver.

Neliel couldn't move that fast, not under the effects of your spell, and yet....

Again-!

Throwing your body wholeheartedly to the side, you manage to avoid godspeed with godspeed, focusing your vision to pick out a silver haired girl, an angel, carrying Neliel in her arms as the sheer force of her charge forces a nearby Leliel to ground herself to keep from being blown away by the turbulence.

She was probably the other God Hand.

It was a logical conclusion, and as the silver and red blur stops, the angel that had been moving as fast as the fastest of Gods finally coming to a stop in a way that let everyone see her, this conclusion is supported by the red-haired girl throwing her arms around the other's neck.

"Aw~ You're helping me, Sarai? I knew you loved me! Unlike a certain useless goddess of ours!"

The girl, Sarai, just keeps her face emotionless, even as Rose makes a "whatever" motion with her hands.

"Watching you lose simply because you were too slow was shameful, so I'll be your legs, nothing more. Don't expect help beyond that."

"So cold... But it's all I need, let's go~!"

"...Hmph."

And just like that-!

The girls vanish, the red and silver blur seeming to bounce around the room without a target in mind, going faster and faster, so fast that you're forced to focus entirely on them or else you'd lose track of them completely.

The students make awed sounds as the air in the room picks up, starting to spin... Winds growing violent...

Leliel is holding Celes now, for reasons that aren't entirely clear, and, looking around as the place starts to become a hurricane, you...

---

Sarai

Stats

AGI: A

Spells

-Accelerator-
    Spell that seems to enable close to light-speed movement. Dexterity shown by the user seems to indicate that no deterioration in precision based actions is gained as a result of the massive increase in speed. A true, "Gotta Go Fast," ability of the divine.

Last edited by Airen; April 21st, 2016 at 08:38 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ryusei Nakata
    Ecclesia - Morning

"Dragon God? A draconian aberration...?"
    Aha it seems as though Parisa isn't as stone-faced as she was letting on to be, or at least the mention of that dragon sure seemed to have caught her off guard. Honestly it was actually somewhat nice to know she wasn't as emotionless as she had first seemed. Granted this probably gives Cerys even more of an incentive to try an fish for reactions out of her via her "methods."

Like right now, in fact.

I make no motion to stop or interfere with what Cerys was planning and simply watch as she attempted another "attack" on our new friend. The results this time however were completely different from before as Parisa evades it as if it was nothing more than an afterthought leaving Cerys groaning on the ground. It seems as though this Angel was a quick learner, well that or it might have been due to the obviousness of Cerys' actions. It's not like she was fairly subtle about what she was planning to do.

Still the scene got a chuckle out of me. Sorry, Cerys, but you were asking for that.

"Still, disregarding the origin of the beast... Your clothes appear to be damaged, so your body was struck. Come along, your things are waiting in our room. We'll get you two a change of clothing, and then go see the nurse to make make sure nothing odd got left in the gashes."
    "Hm?"

I life my arms up and look at the tattered sleeves, before glancing down at the rest of my damaged clothing

Huh, would you look at that. I hadn't actually noticed till now how ragged my clothes had gotten from that battle.

"Of course, I'm not demanding it. It's up to you really, God's orders are absolute, after all. If you'd rather do something else, that's fine with me."
    I scratch my head and give a sigh. Her instructions were sound, yet she second guessed herself immediately after because of my "status." Well I suppose that meant she understood her position, but even still I'd feel better if she was a bit more...I dunno, assertive? Maybe learn a thing or two from Cerys? Actually on second thought perhaps Cerys isn't exactly the best person to take after.

"No, what you said made perfect sense. I should at least get a change of clothes if nothing else, no point in me looking like something the dragon dragged in. So uh..."

I grasp her outstretched hand.

"Lead on, I guess?"