Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate's Awakening ~ The God and Destiny Cross Thesis Reformation - IC

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Ryusei Nakata
    April 11th, 2329 - The First Day
    Airship "Demonica" ~ En Route to Ecclesia
    Morning
    MP: 16/20

Just as expected it seems our guest was a dragon, one of the weaker ones going by the amount of crystal covering its body. Yeah from what I could tell it mustn't have been too long since this thing had been taken over by F.A.T.E's corruption, turning it from a once proud master of the sky to nothing more than a mindless drone of the Demon God.

I frowned as I looked at its eyes, now devoid of all life thanks to the crystals that had replaced them.

"Pathetic..."

Some may have pitied the poor creature and its unfortunate fate, however I had no such thoughts. It didn't matter what it may have been just a few days ago, now it was something that needed to be exterminated, no questions asked. Rather what I felt as I watched the creature shift across the deck was a mixed feeling of anger and disappointment.

This was what had everyone down below deck spooked?

I could hardly believe it that this thing was what had alarmed everyone. This wasn't even going to be much of a challenge, was it? Hell it looked like it could barely even pose a threat to this ship, so what chance did it even have against me!?

As if in response to my incredulous outburst, my right arm seemed to spontaneously catch on fire with the flames seemingly becoming fiercer and fiercer as if growing with my disbelief. I didn't feel any pain of course, after all this was just one of the spells I'd been able to learn after I had become God. However I doubt the same could be said for this overgrown lizard once I had enveloped it in these demonic flames. Once I was done with it, not even ashes would remain!

I clenched my right hand into a fist and pulled it back, preparing to strike.

Alright then monster, let's fight fire with fire and see whose burns the hottest!

"Purgatory Flame!"

A torrent of flames erupted forth from my fist as it punched forwards, completely engulfing the entirety of the sky deck in front of me. It continued to rush forwards, quickly closing the distance between itself and the dragon's own flaming breath where it began to clash with it, attempting to overwhelm the foreign flames so that it could consume the abomination which hid behind them.

Wise Up!
    Name: Ryusei Nakata
    Origin: Netherworld

Stats

Primary
    STR: ???
    END: ???
    AGI: ???
    SEN: ???
    FATE: E

Magic
    CELE: F
    NETH: D

Spells

Purgatory Flame
    Element: Fire
    Description: Ryusei calls forth the cleansing flames of destruction to burn away all impurities until nothing but dusts remains. These flames are so fierce that not only do they burn away monsters, but magic that they come into contact with as will. In addition to being able to launch them at his enemies by he is capable of wreathing himself in them.
    Last edited by Zagrin; September 9th, 2015 at 12:44 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shintarou Shishioka
    Ecclesia ~ Hallway
    Morning

"Well, I guess I'm pretty much doing something similar, minus the super popularity, but hey, at least I admit it. So hey, what do you say? It'll give me something to do while I'm dodging my assistants."
    “Sure. Why not?” Shintarou flashed the girl a quick grin.”I did get lost enough to end up at the only dead end in the school, after all.”

“Having someone more familiar with the school showing me around can only be an overall improvement, right?”

Judging from Evangelene’s words, the port would probably be a confusing mass of people. In no small part due to the “Idol” that was apparently storming about the port with her entourage. And a “goddess” at that, much like the girl who was now standing before him. If the number of folks there was truly that high, then the blue-haired goddess in front of him was most likely correct.

Besides, he couldn't imagine he would be that good at handling the crowds. Ones of that kind of size, at least. Tens he could handle, but the way the girl in front of him put it, conjured up images of hundreds and hundreds of students in Shintarou's mind.

“Well then, lead the way, Burnett-san. I am in your capable hands.”
    Last edited by Mellon; September 9th, 2015 at 12:29 PM.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ryusei Nakata
    Morning
    MP: 16/20

There was absolutely no contest.

Punching at the air in front of you, as if to bury your fist into an invisible opponent, you feel the deep resonation of magic within you as you draw power out of the Fate Awakening Crystal and into your right hand. The gathered Magical Force catches fire, the flames of what could only be called judgement, that burned away sins but made no promise of salvation, launches forth along with your fist, a torrent of flame meant to match the spirit of the dragon that lay before you.

The sky burns crimson, what was once blue sky flashes red as the magic is launched, consuming the flames of the dragon even as it slams into it's head with a force that could shatter a mountain, launching it back, up and back, it's gargantuan body plummeting past the clouds below, beyond your sight, towards the crystal planet that was now Earth.

For a moment, you think you had seen crystal beneath the skin of it's head, where it had been hit.

But it had been launched way too easily for that to mean anything, and even if something odd was going on, you would just beat it down again anyway, you were at least that confident in your own abilities. Still, not wanting to be entirely reckless about things, you glance over the sides of the ship, waiting to see if it will reemerge from the cloud sea, but it never does, and it had possessed a pretty weak aura in the first place, so tracking it that way was out of the picture...

...What a joke.

A thought like that passing through your head, you turn your head slightly, seeing your teacher on the other side of the glass doors that led back to the cabin. Her aura had yet to go down, perhaps because she wasn't aware you had one-shot the dragon, so you move towards her, intent, perhaps, on calming her down, or maybe teasing her for getting so worked up over something so weak, but-

At that instant...

Something slams into the side of the ship with enough force to not only blast it off course, but separate your feet from the deck, casually launching you out into open space. It doesn't hurt, it's more of a surprise than anything else to find yourself suddenly falling down, but it's not like the fall would be fatal or anything, you weren't nearly high up enough for that to be an issue.

Hell, falling from space probably wasn't high enough for that to be an issue.

You would stick the landing, no problem.

No, the problem was that a certain weak dragon, who was seemingly able to hide its aura, who had slammed into the ship far harder than your initial analysis of it should allow, was following you down with the clear intent of devouring you, a now crystalline head replacing the once majestic crimson scales of the underworld.

This was a new one.

Illusion magic wasn't F.A.T.E's style, according to pretty much every lesson you had been taught about it, it had always relied on overwhelming brute force, and yet...

You had been convinced that dragon was a recent convert...

Ah well... No time to worry about how that was possible now.

It's mouth lies open around you, jaws ready to crunch shut with you inside.

Bring it on, Dragon God.

Crystal Dragon (?)

STR: B (80)
    AGI: B (80)
    Last edited by Airen; September 11th, 2015 at 01:27 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Ryusei Nakata
    Morning
    MP: 10/20 Turn 2

I found myself grinning as the gaping maw of the Dragonic Aberration drew ever closer to me.

I didn't care that it had seemingly shed its scales to reveal its true nature, or that it had somehow been able to hide its aura allowing it to catch me off guard and send me hurtling off the Demonica. No, all that mattered was that I was finally facing something worthy of my power, a Dragon God! After all the fact that it looked like it still had a lot of fight in it even after taking a direct hit from one of my spells was testament to that.

What was even more impressive was its speed as in a matter of seconds I found myself within its crystalline jaws, the beast just about ready to bring them crushing on me.

Good, this situation was perfect.

I've always preferred melee over ranged combat, however in a situation like this I'd have been hard pressed to try and close the distance between me and my target. That's why it's lucky that this dumb beast had gone and done it for me, but that wasn't all, it had exposed its mouth as well. Granted it looks just as crystallized on the inside as out as far as I can tell. Whatever the case I should take advantage of this situation which means it's about time to deitize.

I can feel the crystal within me beginning to thrum as I clenched my right hand. What appeared to be the upper portion of some unknown beast's skull appeared upon my right shoulder, pitch black in color. My arm that it laid on was covered in a similarly colored armor, which ended in a large clawed gauntlet that grasped on to something. The armor had no noticeable markings to speak of, and the only distinct thing about the gauntlet was the crimson sphere embedded within its center. The rest of my body remained the same, lacking any sort of armor like that of my right arm.

As for the thing that rested in my hand, it was my demonic weapon, a large blade which appeared more akin to a slab of metal rather than any sort of known sword. It's name...

Samael, The Black Demon Blade

Hah, now that I think about it this monster should feel lucky, it gets to be the first real opponent that this blade will eradicate from this world, but certainly not the last.

Lifting the blade I rested it upon my shoulder as I looked up at the impending doom that was the dragon's jaw. Soon it would come crashing down on me which I doubt would be a pleasant experience, however I wasn't planning on giving it the chance. Yeah, that's right, with this next attack...I'll split this bastard's head in two!

"Meteor Edge!"

With that spell my blade grows in size, enough that as I swing it overhead it is capable of slashing right into the roof of the behemoth's mouth, but that wouldn't be the end of it as just as it reaches its full height I begin to bring it down like an executioner's axe to split all that is in its path in two.

Wise Up!
    Name: Ryusei Nakata
    Origin: Netherworld

Stats

Primary
    STR: B
    AGI: ???
    SEN: ???
    FATE: E

Magic
    CELE: F
    NETH: D

Deitize Armaments

Devil Form:

Unlike most armors which cover the entirety of a God, Ryusei’s only encompasses his right arm. Beginning at his shoulder, there rests what appears to be a Great Beast’s head, it’s lower jaw removed to allow room for the rest of Ryusei’s arm. The skull itself appears completely black in colour with what appears to be barely noticeable lines etched across it.

The arm itself is similar in appearance, covered in armor colored a pitch black with seemingly nothing noticeable about it, that is until you reach the hand which ends in a somewhat large, clawed gauntlet, with a red sphere resting upon its center, the size of which what allows him to wield his weapon.

Oh and both his irises are now red.

Samael, The Black Demon Blade

A pitch black blade engraved with dimmed runes, it’s appearance is better described as a slab of metal rather than any make of sword known to man, angel or demon.

Spells

Purgatory Flame
    Element: Fire
    Description: Ryusei calls forth the cleansing flames of destruction to burn away all impurities until nothing but dusts remains. These flames are so fierce that not only do they burn away monsters, but magic that they come into contact with as will. In addition to being able to launch them at his enemies by he is capable of wreathing himself in them.

Meteor Edge
    Element: Metal
    Description: Using his demonic power over metal, Ryusei enhances his black blade adding onto it more of the same black material that composes the blade, making it grow in size as well as power. However since Ryusei is no swordsmith he's pretty much just adding more metal onto it rather than anything fancy resulting in more crushing, rather than cutting, power.

Blog Entries
    Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Port
    Morning

Somehow, you had wound up riding along with Serenade on her mobile stage, Celes and Leliel also being taken along for the ride. It felt odd, being atop a form of humanoid powered transportation, but Serenade's followers, or rather, her fan base, didn't seem to particularly mind carting all of you around at her request. While her angel and devil didn't seem particularly friendly, or at least outgoing, Serenade herself had yet to stop smiling, and it seemed that Celes was having trouble looking her directly in the face, her own expression flushed red with what seemed to be embarrassment.

...This idol may be dangerously pretty.

"So, I already know Leliel, but you two are a delightful enigma to me," voice still carrying that almost supernatural charm, fit to match her form, the goddess tilts her head to the side as you are all carted off towards a building big enough that you were willing to bet it was the main school building, "Tell me about yourselves! What do you wish to accomplish here in Ecclesia? No... not just Ecclesia... Do you have a life goal you are willing to share?" Hand resting on her chest, the girl laughs to herself, "My own is quite simple. I wish to perform a concert in front of the entire world. Angels, Devils, Humans, everyone, I want the entire universe as my stage, the moon as my backdrop! And then... Well I'm not quite sure what I want to do after that~"

She seemed pleasant enough.

Was still impossible to tell if there was some sort of ulterior motive...
    Last edited by Airen; September 11th, 2015 at 11:58 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Port
    Morning

Surga Utopia had somehow found himself and Serenade, along with their respective angels and devils, being carried to the main school building. Surga didn't know why Serenade likes to be carried like this, but he wouldn't ask her anytime soon; there is a possibility that this is not her idea but her followers, perhaps to make it clear who the Goddess is.

But Surga wasn't too concerned about that. No, he's more concerned about Serenade's beauty which made Celes so embarrassed; Never in his life had Surga saw Celes' face being as red as it is now, so Serenade's divine beauty seemed to work not only on males, but females as well... At this point, the Idol Goddess' beauty could as well be considered as a crime. He had to ask Leliel later how she seemed to be unaffected by it.

This raise his questions to Leliel to two, but now that he could see the main school building, that means it won't be long until they'd part ways with Serenade. He just have to pray that Celes could held herself long enough until that point, because Surga seriously feared that Celes would faint if Serenade speaks while looking directly at her face.

Wait, now that he is God... To whom should he pray then?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenade
    "Tell me about yourselves! What do you wish to accomplish here in Ecclesia? No... not just Ecclesia... Do you have a life goal you are willing to share?" Hand resting on her chest, the girl laughs to herself, "My own is quite simple. I wish to perform a concert in front of the entire world. Angels, Devils, Humans, everyone, I want the entire universe as my stage, the moon as my backdrop! And then... Well I'm not quite sure what I want to do after that~"
    That provides a good distraction from his question.

'A goal huh...'

Surga thought about it for a moment, debating whether he should tell Serenade or not. He still couldn't tell whether she has an ulterior motive or not, but so far she seemed like a simple minded girl with a wish befitting someone like her. After determining that telling his goals wouldn't hurt, Surga began to speak.

"My wish is also pretty simple: I just want to live a peaceful and quiet life. But that is no longer possible, so I wanted to have a comfortable life after F.A.T.E. is defeated."

Now he just had to wait for a response. While he is curious of what Serenade would say at his very ordinary and perhaps boring goal, he's more interested in seeing her angel and devil's reaction. Would they stay silent? Or would one-perhaps both of them-speaks up? And if they do, would they berate him for it? There is also the possibility that Leliel would speak up, so whoever speaks up he'll be able to know them better...
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Shintarou Shishioka
    Ecclesia ~ Phantasm Cliffs

"Alright, good answer!"

Your tour guide seemed to have almost limitless energy.

With the school empty, it had only taken the azure haired girl a few turns, almost exclusively to the left at each crossroads, for her to get the two of you outside the absolute maze that the school had proven itself to embody. Funnily enough, you had yet to see any faculty, even in the classrooms, so your only company for the moment was the cheerful, Evangeline, for whom each and every stride was almost a skip. Outside, the golden morning sun shone down unopposed by clouds, and you noted, once again, that the area surrounding the school was much like a garden, lines of exotic fruit trees lining the concrete paths of the four compass entrances to the building, and past the northern side of the building, was a single, massive mountain that seemed to have it's own cloud ring around it's top, like a sort of Mount Olympus.

Pointing south, the goddess informs you that the port is more or less in that direction, down a massive flight of stairs, past the dormitories and business areas, on the very lowest level of the island, a fact that you had missed thanks to your non-airship based arrival. Of course, she makes sure to steer you away from it, once again affirming that that place wouldn't be very fun right now with the "super popular goddess hogging all the attention," and so, letting yourself be dragged along, almost literally, you soon find yourself on the island's westernmost edge, overlooking what seemed to be a town-sized island of solidified crystal, floating below Ecclesia, but atop the cloud sea as if the clouds themselves were water. Metallic chains connected the island to it's much larger older brother, and, right as you begin the usual mental routine of wondering exactly what sort of purpose a flying layer of what is probably enchanted crystal serves, Evangeline spins out in front of you, hands behind her back, and leaning forward ever so slightly as she starts to explain.

"And this, is the Phantasma!" Another spin, this one ending with her arm outstretched to the crystal landscape below, "The school's combat simulator and Colosseum! Used to simulate land-based battle environments in complete and sometimes utterly painful detail!" Chuckling, the woman withdraws her arm after a moment, "This will be where that "special initiation," I'm sure they told you about will take place. They'll infest it with some simulation enemies, tow it a decent distance from the island and shoot you all over there via catapult in the middle of the explanation, something about wanting to test reactions, but I'm pretty sure they just do it because they think it's funny."

A wink.

"Try to have a stoic expression when it happens, don't give them the satisfaction."

So saying, the young woman casually leaps backwards off Ecclesia, motioning for you to follow, and you do, failing to see any harm in it. Landing after a decent drop, the crystal surface shows absolutely no signs of damage, and while it looks a lot like ice, it doesn't have a particularly slick surface either.

"Most of the fighting happens out here. Even if it's a grudge, impulse duel sort of thing, you're supposed to take it to the Phantasma so you don't destroy any of the buildings... Not that they always do, but we've been getting better about it lately. Well, most of us anyway, there's this one guy, a God, who just runs around challenging a different God at random every day because he's way too into fighting and-"

"I'm glad you know me so well, Evangeline. Now, prepare yourself. You are today's target."

Almost as if summoned, the person that seems to have just materialized behind the both of you, immediately begins to trigger a reaction in your crystal, just as Evangeline's presence had... But only while you were looking at him...

"Oh, heyyyyyy, Ryu," tone changing slightly, just enough that you can tell the girl is thinking this encounter is entirely unexpected and just generally why, does her best to restrain her right eye from twitching, "Can we not do this right now? I'm kinda giving a tour to the new God here-"

"That's fine, I'll take you both at once," cutting her off before she can begin to make more excuses, the young man flicks his cigarette towards the ground, stomping it beneath his right heel, "This is also part of the daily school life. If you're weak, expect to be beaten, no coddling."

Flames.

Acting as if running up and picking a fight was absolutely, completely normal, the young man, the young God, shows absolutely no hesitation in making his stance on the issue clear.

He doesn't need a reason, the fight itself is the reason.

"No, seriously Ryu, come on, didn't Serenade knock you on your ass yesterday? Are you even recovered enough? I mean, she took me out too and I'm still feeling it... Don't really feel 100%..."

The flames only roar higher in response, and sighing, Evangeline pushes you behind her with one arm.

"Alright, alright, the odds are bad, might lose, but hell, I'll play, bring it flame boy."
    Last edited by Airen; September 13th, 2015 at 10:24 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Port

"That's good, a very human wish, I like it."

Nodding approvingly, the pale-haired goddess leans forward slightly, head resting on her hands. Her attendants however, say nothing in response, simply quietly observing, seemingly content to let their mistress speak for them.

"As long as you have something to stride for, even if it's simple, life should become more bearable," one eye closed in a wink, the young woman straightens her posture, before turning her gaze to Celes, "And you, ms angel?"

"I-I'm not sure," clearly not expecting to be addressed specifically, the shorter girl's face continues to remain aflush, although after a brief moment, she seems to pull herself together enough to speak more or less normally, "I'm here to help Surga. If he doesn't get rid of me after Ecclesia, I'll probably keep doing that... I don't have any plans beyond that, miss."

A clear laugh.

Serenade's laugh.

Like the sound of a bell.

"That's also not a bad goal, simple maybe, but certainly not bad~"

Still with just a single eye open, the young woman leans back, taking in all three of you now, then...

"Still, things aren't very normal around here, and I can't say they start off comfortable either," seemingly relaxed, the woman doesn't flinch at the sudden stop of the mobile stage, "A lot of weird things happen. Sometimes people pick fights for no real reason... Or well, I guess their reason is that it's sort of a... Game in a way. But just do your best, and I'm sure you'll get used to life here in no time at all~"

Around you, the students were dispersing, some heading inside, others moving back towards the port. Serenade herself however, seemed content to sit where she was for now, leaning back on her seat, her attendants on either side of her.

"The welcoming ceremony should begin here soon," speaking after a moment of silence, the girl's voice continues to carry it's musical tone, "You should still have time to go eat something in the cafeteria if you feel like it. Or you could sit out here with me, I don't mind either way~"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shintarou Shishioka
    Ecclesia ~ Phantasm Cliffs

"Alright, alright, the odds are bad, might lose, but hell, I'll play, bring it flame boy."
    How did things end up like this?

After leaving the inscrutable hallway behind them, Shintarou’s almost overenthusiastic guide had dragged him all across the floating academy island, showing the younger boy the general layout of Ecclesia. Say what you want, but now that he had more time to take in the sights, the gigantic academy was truly an engineering marvel. Even when he was travelling in Celestia, Shintarou had hardly seen a sight that could compare to its magnificence. The amount of resources and effort that must have gone into the construction of the flying island must have been truly massive.

In many ways it was a stark contrast, when compared to how the common folk lived on the land below, both in Celestia and the Nether.

Regardless, in the end, Shintarou and Evangeline had reached a formation of shining crystals, floating below the island itself. This was the so called “Phantasma” - the “combat simulator” of the Ecclesia Academy. Standing on the almost water-like clouds, the young god felt almost conflicted in a way, as he gazed at the crystal city. While from a purely rational perspective, he understood the necessity of combat skills, he didn’t particularly like the overt emphasizing of such skills. It gave the unfortunate implication that they were only trained to be soldiers and nothing more. Besides, the mindset created...

His eyes fell to the youth standing in front of them.

When you have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail, huh?

The white haired boy excluded unrestrained aggressiveness from every fiber of his being. It was clear from the outset that he was already dead set on a fight, one way or the other. There was little doubt that the flame-wielding god would simply attack them, even if they attempted to defuse the situation. Normally, Shintarou would simply leave, as there didn’t seem any pressing reason to fight the white-haired god, but…

"This is also part of the daily school life. If you're weak, expect to be beaten, no coddling."
    “A common bully, huh?”

That kind of warped mindset really was his weak point.

A red hot wave of irritation ran through Shintarou’s body, before being suppressed by sheer force of will. Only cool determination now reflected off his crimson orbs as he gazed at the white haired god, who had just finished putting off his cigarette. Shintarou’s hand touched Evangeline’s shoulder, who had already pushed him behind her, probably in an attempt to shield him from the fight that was about to take place.

“There is no need for that, Burnett-san.” A slightly self-depricating smile arose on Shintarou’s face. “You may be my sempai, but I am not that incapable, you know?”

Turning away from Evangeline, his eyes met with Ryu, who was now already wreathed in flames.

“Sure, Ryu-san. I’ll take you up on that offer. Though… are you really sure that we have to do this?”

Even when the flames around the other boy shot up even higher, the only reaction from Shintarou was a mere shrug of his hands. The quintessential sign for “Oh well, I guess it can’t be helped”, echoed by many new transfer students in many different worlds as they were unfairly subjected to a fight on their first day in school.

Indeed, one didn't know better, one could even say that the black-haired youth wasn't even taking this entire altercation seriously.

Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Port

"And you, ms angel?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Celes
    "I-I'm not sure," clearly not expecting to be addressed specifically, the shorter girl's face continues to remain aflush, although after a brief moment, she seems to pull herself together enough to speak more or less normally, "I'm here to help Surga. If he doesn't get rid of me after Ecclesia, I'll probably keep doing that... I don't have any plans beyond that, miss."
    At that moment...

'Ah.'

When Serenade let out a clear laugh like that of a bell, Surga Utopia realized how lucky he was to had Celes Lethe as a friend.

Until recently, Surga and Celes had only been best friends. Sure they spent a lot of time together, but at the end of the day they always went their separate ways. Surga had his own life and goals, while Celes had hers; while he had told Celes of his goal, he himself had never asked hers, but now...

Celes had not only literally gave him half of her soul, she had also devoted her whole life for him. And she had no other plans than that until he get rid of her.

It would never happen. Surga would rather die than getting rid of his best friend.

Still, that confession made him happy. It was good to know that Celes was as devoted as he was to their friendship; They know each other so well, yet at the same time there are still many things which they weren't sure about, one of them being the devotion of the other to the friendship.

That's why Celes said "if he doesn't get rid of me".

That's why Surga had never asked Celes about her goals.

But now that he knew that Celes is as devoted as him, he must live to her expectations; Surga Utopia must be worthy of such devotion and affection. Not only for Celes, but Leliel as well...

He didn't know why Leliel gave half of her soul to him, a stranger, but that doesn't change the fact that she, too, had given him half of her soul. Unlike Celes, she knew nothing about Surga, and likewise Surga knew nothing about Leliel, so why?

Did she has a reason? Or was she chosen purely by chance?

It doesn't matter. At the end of the day Surga must earn her respect, and he would do so through his own means. He'll just be himself, because it won't work if Leliel devoted herself to persona which never exist in the first place, but he suppose he should give some extra efforts...

"Still, things aren't very normal around here, and I can't say they start off comfortable either," seemingly relaxed, the woman doesn't flinch at the sudden stop of the mobile stage, "A lot of weird things happen. Sometimes people pick a fight for no real reason... Or well, I guess their reason is that its sort of a... Game in a way. But just do your best, and I'm sure you'll get used to life here in no time at all~"
    'Well that was troublesome, but expected.'

In a place filled with many strong people and gods, it's no surprise that things wouldn't be normal in Ecclesia. While Surga wanted to avoid fights if possible, especially this early when he's still inexperienced, people who have a brain wouldn't randomly pick a fight. That means those who did wouldn't take a no as an answer.

...Somehow he had a feeling that a fellow new God is currently being challenged to a fight.

"The welcoming ceremony should begin here soon," speaking after a moment of silence, the girl's voice continues to carry its musical tone, "You should still have time to go eat something in the cafeteria if you feel like it. Or you could sit out here with me, I don't mind either way~"
    Now Surga had 2 options: either go to the cafeteria, or wait for the ceremony here with Serenade. Waiting with Serenade has its benefits, like getting to know the most powerful Goddess in school better (Surga didn't know whether its true or not, but it seems likely) and leaving an impression that he and Serenade have become quite close just on his first day.

However, Surga chose to go to the cafeteria. Firstly, he doesn't want Serenade's divine beauty and musical voice to distract him and Celes even further. Secondly, he'll be able to talk with Celes and Leliel. Lastly he might meet some new people, and if he's lucky those people would be helpful or friendly like Serenade.

Connections are power after all.

With that in mind, Surga stood and turned to face the Idol Goddess.

"I think we'll go to he cafeteria for a quick meal. Thank you for the ride and company, Serenade."

Giving a small smile, Surga proceed to jumped off the mobile stage with Celes and Leliel following suit. Walking to the enormous building, Surga let Leliel show them which way to go to the cafeteria; it won't do them any good if they got lost.

He had some questions, but he wanted to reassure his childhood friend first.

"Don't worry Celes, I'll never get rid of you no matter what happens. Friends stick together, and friends won't get rid of each other."

Giving her tiny hand a gentle squeeze, Surga proceed to ask some questions to Leliel.

"Leliel, what is your goal?" Surga asked as she released his grip on celes' hand. "Serenade didn't ask you earlier, so I was curious. Serenade also seemed to be familiar with you; Is she like that to everyone and simply had a good memory, or did you two had a history with each other?"

Surga wanted to stop there, but it won't do if all the questions are serious. Putting his hands to his pockets, Surga asked his last question to the green-haired devil.

"And while we're at it, how come you're not affected by her beauty? Perhaps you can teach me and Celes a trick or two in that regard."
    Last edited by palad1n; September 18th, 2015 at 03:40 AM.
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Port

"Hmmm? Well, she's just like that with everyone."

Hands on her hips, Leliel swings herself around to face you, leaning forward ever so slightly, just enough that she was on eye level with the two of you.

"As for my goal, well, I guess it's to keep the world like it is," taking a moment to flesh this answer out, the tall devil girl straightens her posture slightly, one eye closed, but expression amused, if a tad more serious than usual, "I like Ecclesia's atmosphere. Devils and Angels can get along here, none of that age old bias really lasts that long, and I like the world more that way. So, I figure since one of God's jobs is to bring peace, that if I helped God the world would get a bit better... Or well, something like that anyway. I also like being able to tease angels, they have better reactions."

A wink.

"As for Serenade's beauty... You think it didn't get me?" One eye still closed, the older student laughs, "She's super attractive. I just admit it to myself, and try not to let it show on my face more than I usually would, tried to mess with her once, but she's a bit of a tease herself if you push her... Dangerous woman, but if you interact with her enough, your poker face should get better."

A laugh, a wink at Celes, who flushed a bit again, then...

"But what did you think of her? The school's strongest goddess?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Port

It was not a bad goal.

No, if Surga was to be honest, Leliel's goal was much more noble than his or Celes'. 'To keep the world as it is' was as simple as 'living a comfortable life', but it certainly has more weight behind it.

Surga's goal was for himself, a selfish wish. Celes' goal was for Surga and herself, the middle point. Leliel's goal was for herself and everyone else, a selfless wish.

'How ironic', Surga thought. 'The devil is the one with the most noble goal...'

Surga's opinion on Leliel has definitely improved. He knew that he shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but Leliel's goal was something that he didn't expect. It was not a grand goal like saving the world but a simple goal to keep the usual atmosphere in Ecclesia, where angels and devils didn't have to duke it out just at the mere sight of each other.

He suppose both he and Celes can truly learn a thing or two from the green-haired devil, and striving to reach her goal would be beneficial for them in the long run too. It would be hard, especially considering his background and he has not yet seen much of Ecclesia and devils, but to have a world without fighting...

Yes, Surga Utopia would like that. And if there were something in common about the three of them, it's definitely their simple goals.

On the other hand, if the only way to resist Serenade's divine beauty is to get used to her... Surga was sure that he'd get the hang of it after one or two more interactions, but Celes would had trouble doing that if the mere mention of Serenade made her blush like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel
    "But what do you think of her? The school's strongest Goddess?"
    "I guess we're lucky that she's so nice." Surga replied as he thought about the smiling white-haired Goddess. "Her goal is simple and her feelings seemed genuine. She's beautiful, cheerful and seemed to be someone who would try to help everyone in need; it's no wonder she has many believers if she's reliable."

"Simply put, she has the looks, power and personality to be the ideal Goddess. At least that's what I think."

That should be the end of it, but Surga decided to talk with Leliel for a bit, just before they eat and the welcome ceremony. If he really wanted this to work, he should be honest with someone who'll stay by his side for a long time.

"Before we go to the cafeteria, I must apologize for having the wrong assumption about you Leliel, just because of your race and how you dressed."

Taking a deep breath, Surga locked his eyes with the devil who has given half of her soul to him, a complete stranger, with the hope of this peace to be maintained. A devil who is certainly different than the classic potrayal of her race.

"I was raised with a... certain view on the devils, and I know it won't easily change, especially if I meet a classical devil. So along with Celes, I hope you'll help and guide me to become a proper God."

An extended hand, along with an apologetic smile.

"And I'm sorry for not shaking your hand in the port."
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

Blog Entries
    Shintarou Shishioka
    Ecclesia ~ Phantasma

"It's not a matter of being incapable really," expression apologetic, the azure haired goddess immediately tries to clear up a misunderstanding even as she keeps her eyes locked on the white haired God, "I just don't think you should have to fight this guy on your first day... He's not exactly wrong about it being part of the daily life, but we can at least treat people better on their first day. But hey... If you want to, I won't stop you... He's not exactly weak though, only attacks people he thinks might be worth his time."

And, even as she steps slightly to the side...

"One of the duties of God is to fight," still remarkably casual about the fight he was blatantly picking, the white haired young man, coated in flame, merely opens his arms in a universal gesture of 'come at me,' "Your strength is an unknown. If you are weak, then I cannot accept you as one of us, and you will lose until you become acceptable, conflict gives birth to strength, it's as simple as that."

"Besides. This sort of thing always happens on first days, right?"

Pulling back his fist at that, the man casually...

Launches a sphere of flame large enough to engulf the entire crystal field, there was nothing special about it, it was simple pyromancy, or in other words...

A testing shot.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ryusei Nakata
    Falling towards the Frozen Earth
    Morning
    MP: 10/20 Turn 2

It almost felt like you were smashing a mirror.

Responding to the attack of the god with godspeed, your own blade swings up just as the beast's gargantuan jaws clamp down, and the resulting sound could not be correctly described, only experienced. Beneath your blade it's head shatters, splinters apart like so many pieces of glass, the crystal giving way to the physical force that could have shattered the ancient pangea itself. Cloaked in your armor as you were, the pieces that remain behind do little in the way of damage, unable to pierce through your deitized form without some of will behind their movements.

So you fall, and what seems to be a body falls along with you, the rest of it's body surprisingly intact in spite of it's sudden loss of what was probably the most important part of any living creature.

Or at least, that's what should have happened.

"...!"

Without warning, the wings flap once, a single time, just enough that you would ordinarily mistake it for the death throes of a dying body... If it weren't for the fact that the simple forward movement had somehow conjured a tornado around your body. As you are now you cannot fly, the more simple, crazed movements of the beast before had enabled you to get a hit in, but as the two of you separate, you find yourself unable to resist the grip the 600 MPH winds have on your body. You're yanked, violently, away from the dragon, spinning away in a disorienting manner even as the beast, even without it's head, seems to stabilize itself in midair, the rest of it's false body falling apart to reveal the flawless crystal body that existed beneath, hell-fire visibly burning inside of it as if it was some sort of glass container.

Moving as uncontrollably as you are, it's difficult for you to get a clear view of the creature, but...

From the brief glimpses you got...

It looked like it's head was slowly growing back...

This would have quickly become problematic under normal situations, if it weren't for the fact that-

"Ryu-!"

Your guardian had somehow appeared behind you within the storm, black wings outstretched and with her arms wrapped around your waist, and had, through what could only be some sort of spell, somehow forced the both of you into the eye of the massive tornado, where the winds were still ridiculous, but easy enough that she could keep the both of you afloat without being dragged around by nature.

Of course, this also meant that the amount of space she had to move without getting caught by the harsher winds was limited.

"Hah... Not the best scenario..."

And even as she speaks...

The Dragon once again charges, headless, but it's wings glowing, literally burning, from the flames that raged around inside it's core, and now seemed to be leaking out from the wound, and, body stiffening...

Your guardian waits for you to decide how to respond, whether to evade, or move you towards it.

With her magic at use resisting the storm winds, she didn't have the magical energy for anything else.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ryusei Nakata
    Morning
    MP: 3/20 Turn 3

How was this possible!? I'd shattered that thing's head into pieces yet it still continued to move. No, not just move, but fight as well as if losing its head was just a mild inconvenience if this freak tornado it had flapped up was anything to go by.

Much as I dislike that she's come and put herself in harm's way, I'll admit it's a good thing that Cerys showed up when she did. Without her help just now I'm not sure I'd have been able to escape the wind's grasp, at least in any way that wouldn't have ended up with me hurtling to the world below rather than the crystalline menace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerys
    "Hah... Not the best scenario..."
    No kidding, now that my head's stopped spinning I'm able to get a good look at what we were dealing with now that it had abandoned it's "disguise."

Nothing but crystal, no defining features other than the tell tale form of a dragon. It's body was clear, a window to the internal workings of this being, yet inside there was nothing but raging flames. Whatever it may have once been in life was now completely gone, honestly from how it was now it'd probably be more appropriate to call it a golem rather than a dragon. Nonetheless there's something even more troubling. Though at this distance I can't make it out, I'm sure of what I saw, that...

"It's regenerating."

A grim statement, but that was how it was. Slowly this thing was recreating itself even while it was in the midst of launching another attack against us and this was after it had lost something that one could only call vital for a normal creature.

Frustrating, so frustrating.

There was no point in hacking away at it, it'd only end up shrugging off our attacks and continuing on with its assault. We could always try and take out its wings, that would send it tumbling down into the world below. It'd give us and the ship enough time to leave the area, but...but wasn't that just delaying the problem, rather than solving it!? Sure I could send that thing packing, but it would just come back eventually and attack another defenseless ship. One that wouldn't be as fortunate as this one and have God on board, so what chance would those people really have?

No, we were going to kill this thing right here, right now.

Still even if I feel like that what could we do about this thing? Would we need to destroy its entire body? Maybe there was something inside it that was animating the crystals, but with the blaze raging inside it I can barely make out anything unless...whatever it is that's generating those flames is also what's bringing this thing to life.

I might be wrong, but it's the best guess I've got at the moment so I'll just have to go out on a limb on this.

"Cerys, I need you to take me as close as you can to that thing then toss me at where it's mouth used to be, I'll try and stymie any flames that end up coming our way."

With that I engulfed my free hand in flames before letting loose the purifying blaze upon the creature, specifically targeting where one of its wings connected to the body. True I had no interest in grounding it, but I could at least work towards hindering its mobility in the air.

Blog Entries
    Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

"Not a problem," ultimately accepting your apology as if the negative light you had viewed her in was inconsequential, the green-haired teenager cheerfully extends her hand as if to make up for lost time, "The key to being a proper God is to be open-minded," one eye closed now, the girl grins, "If you just try to do that, look at things from a human's point of view rather than an angel's, I think you'll do just fine."

Those were the words she had left you with before your entrance to the cafeteria.

Having been separated from the other two, albeit momentarily, because of their desire to get something extravagant from the chef (or rather, it was Leliel's idea, and Celes had been kinda pressured into going along with it) you had been sent ahead to find a table for the three of you, a task that was ordinary enough, something you were used too from your old school, and while you were the new kid in this circumstance, it didn't seem that any of the other kids here actually realized it, at least, not yet.

A fact that you happily accepted, gliding over to a table near the door, trying not to draw too much attention to yourself...

Unfortunately...

"Oh hey, empty seats, mind if I sit here for a bit?"

A young adult, seemingly faculty, makes his way over to you with a smile.

As he does...

The crystal on your chest starts to resonate again...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

"Oh hey, empty seats, mind if I seat here for a bit?"
    'Well that was fast.' Surga thought as he looked at the man standing before him. While he was thankful that none of the students here seemed to recognize him as a God and left him alone just like in the past, Surga knew that sooner or later someone would approach him, but this was faster than he expected.

From the soft humming of his crystal, this man is probably a God.

Now, this man reminded Surga of himself in a way; he looked ordinary enough, although he seemed to be a faculty member. Surga wasn't sure, since he thought God was supposed to be students, but what did he know? Perhaps he was a student, or even a new God just like himself. What is important is that his wish to meet another God has been fulfilled.

"I don't mind. Do note that those two seats across me are reserved though."

While waiting for the supposedly extravagant dish that Celes and Leliel would bring, he suppose he could find out more about this God. An introduction is in order, and Surga cannot help but thought about how many times he had introduced himself today.

"My name is Surga Utopia." Surga started as the God has taken his seat, making sure that his voice is low enough that only the God could hear it; The last thing he needed is unwanted attention to disturb the conversation and his upcoming meal. "Did you come here alone?"
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

Blog Entries
    Ryusei Nakata
    Morning

-A flash that reduces the time needed to cross a distance of four thousand meters to nothing in less than a second. Most of your guardian's magical power, concentrated around your body, turns Ryusei Nakata into the arrow that he desired to become, one set free from air resistance, a God unshackled to the world's rules. While the distance between the two groups was large, it was not something that a God could not cross in an instant, so there is no hesitation in the girl's toss, the gigaton of air that she uses to propel you is set loose without fear, even as her barrier faults for a moment and she is dragged away, backwards into the swirling super-storm, as you go forward to meet an abomination head on.

But that's fine, something like that would just inconvenience her at worst.

She would not want you to turn around, her magic had been used with the understanding that she would be blown away afterwards, it was something she was ready to deal with for the sake of bringing victory here, it would take her a moment to regain her bearings, but no permanent damage would be done. Respecting the idiot's decision, you accept your role as an arrow, slamming into the creature's side with a force that overcame everything, a blinding flash that sent a huge shock-wave careening through the area, a counter burst of wind that cared nothing for the magic permeating the air with each beat of the creature's wings.

While it's body had shook off the flames, this connection of sword and crystal, one that came from shattering the sound barrier dozens of times over, sends the both of you shooting back, outside of the storm, the harsh winds that had seemed so eager to swallow everything but a few moments before. While her aim had been off, your body reaching the thing's torso rather than the stump of it's regenerating head, your blade cleaves a great wound through the crystalline substance, your free hand digging into the gouge you had created out of instinct; the desire to not be shaken off of the thing again, to keep it comfortably in your range.

Flames shoot out from the wounded spots, the raging core letting loose bursts of magical energy sporadically, but before you can swing again, intent on busting it open like the glass container that it seemed to be, the clawed hand of the crystal tyrant appears above, claws like swords, crackling with electricity, ready to cut open your back-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

"Alone? Yeah, I tried," voice friendly enough, the young man, who definitely doesn't have the air of a student, sits down a friendly smile, producing a cup of instant noodles from somewhere as he similarly pulls a plastic spoon, "Don't have much time to eat, so it's the good old ramen for me, can't wait in line."

Cheerful in spite of these words, the young adult pops open the lid of the cup, looking at it with eyes that were used to this sort of thing.

"As for names, I'm Shin Kamikaze. Nice to meet you," nodding once, the man laughs, "You're one of the new students right? I apologize for not being at the dock to meet with you all, but I got stuck with paperwork. Busy day today and all that," taking a moment to further introduce himself, the man's friendly smile does not fade, "I'm the Vice Principal, I didn't get a report that you had arrived, but, I guess some things slip by even God."

Another chuckle, then...

"Did everything go smoothly? Your transport wasn't attacked I hope?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Surga Utopia
    Ecclesia ~ Cafeteria

'This is... the vice-principal?'

For some seconds, Surga's thoughts came to a complete halt. The fact that the ordinary-looking God was the vice-principal of Ecclesia was a big surprise for the new God; Shin Kamikaze does not look like one at all. From his appearance to demeanor, he was nothing like the various vice-principal Surga had ever met.

'If the vice-principal is like this, I wonder what the principal will be like...'

Quote Originally Posted by Shin
    "Did everything go smoothly? Your transport wasn't attacked I hope?"
    "Thankfully no." Surga replied as his thought unfreeze itself from the shock. "I guess I've been pretty lucky; the airship wasn't attacked, and the Goddess that I met didn't ask me to a random fight."

Seeing that both Celes and Leliel hasn't returned yet, Surga decided to continue the conversation. It's not everyday one can meet the vice-principal after all.

"I have a few question if you don't mind." Surga began as he watched Shin slurping his ramen at tremendous speed. "First, what can I expect from the welcoming ceremony? Secondly, how many gods are there in Ecclesia? Lastly... what kind of life awaits for a God like me?"

Surga didn't mind if the first question is sidestepped by a reason such as 'Just see for yourself', and he didn't expect an exact number for his second question either. While it would be nice if those two questions are answered, the most important question is the third, and Surga hoped that Shin would at least answer one; preferably the last one.

Surga also hoped that Celes and Leliel would return soon. Seeing Shin eating made him quite hungry too.
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments