Thread: Fate of Ice and Fire (A Song of Ice and Fire x Fate/Stay Night Fusion)

Fate of Ice and Fire (A Song of Ice and Fire x Fate/Stay Night Fusion)

I have decided to attempt a fusion fic, taking the magic system of Fate/Stay Night, most particularly the Holy Grail War system, and transplanting it into the Song of Ice and Fire setting. The book History of Ice and Fire has many historical and possibly mythological figures to draw upon, and the "modern" characters in the series could easily be re purposed into masters. To help limit characters, for this story only those bloodlines with confirmed magic in their history are allowed to be masters - that limits us to the Starks, the Targaryens, the Baratheons (cadet dynasty of the Targaryens,) and the Martells, with maybe a few outliers just to shake things up. I've already thought up which characters I want as Servants, but I'm not as good at actually coming up with stats and Noble Phantasms for them, so I figured I'd post the summaries of each servant here, and ask if anyone else has any ideas. So, without further ado, here we go!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Rider – Aegon the Conquerer, 300 years: Conquered the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, and forged the
    Iron Throne from the swords of his defeated enemies. Rode a mighty dragon, Balerion the Black
    Dread, a dragon so large, it was said he could swallow a mammoth whole, and entire towns would fall
    under the shadow of his wings. Aegon also wielded the Valyrian steel sword Blackfyre, the sword of
    the Targaryen kings. Master: Denerys Targaryen

[When I first thought of this, I realized that really, in a series with dragon riders, only the greatest dragon rider in living memory could serve as Rider. Aegon's relative lack of age is counteracted by the fact that he's still widely known in the Seven Kingdoms, sort of like if Washington were summoned in a Holy Grail War in the US. Complications come from the fact that A. Rider and his Master are not in the Seven Kingdoms at the start of the story, and B. Denerys, Viserys, and Aegon are likely to find themselves in a Sakura/Shinji/Rider type situation, where the talentless hack of a brother demands mastery of his much more talented sister's Servant.]

Assassin – Faceless Man, More than 800 years: An unknown figure who heard the prayers of the slaves
    of Valyria, and concluded that though they all prayed to different gods, it was in fact the same god with
    a hundred faces, and he was that god's instrument. He gave the gift of a painless death to the most
    desperate slave, and later brought the gift to the masters as well. The faceless men are masters of
    disguise, and refer to themselves as “no one.” Master: Tyrion Lannister

[In this particular, let's call it an AU, Tywin discovered the existence of the Holy Grail War while serving as the hand of Aerys II Targaryen, and his attempts to obtain magic for his bloodline led to experimenting in Alchemy. Said experiments led directly to Tyrion being born a deformed dwarf, his wife dying during delivery... and Tyrion being a homunculus, with very powerful magic circuits. I'll be interested to see what winds up happening to Tywin in the course of this story.]

Lancer – Garin the Great, 1000 years: Prince of the Rhoynar, Garin led 250,000 men to their deaths
    attempting to stop the might of Valyria. He and his force once bested 100,000 valyrians, led by three
    dragon lords. He was named “the Great” after that battle, and yet his great triumph led to tragedy –
    Valyria responded with hundreds of dragons, and the Rhoynar people burned. Kept in a golden cage
    and forced to watch his people get massacred, he called upon the river Rhoyne to destroy his enemies.
    That night, the river rose and drowned the lands of the Rhoynar. They remain cursed lands, even in
    modern time. Master: Oberyn Martell

[Lancers always have terrible luck. Always. Their masters tend to have terrible luck as well. Hence, these two are perfect for the role.]

Archer – Xanda Qo, More than 5000 years: A warrior woman of the Summer Isles, the Princess of
    Sweet Lotus Vale, and former slave, she is best known for uniting the Summer Isles under her rule in
    order to bring an end to the predations of slavers. Because iron was scarce and costly, the Summer
    islanders had been at the mercy of slavers wielding steel; so Xanda Qo armed her sailors with
    longbows of goldenheart wood, capable of sending yard long arrows through mail, leather, and even
    plate. To give her archers a solid platform, she built the famous Swan Ships of the Summer Isles, huge,
    graceful ships fitted together without a single nail. She did not live to see the end of slaving in her
    home; it fell to her daughter to end the Slavers' Wars. Master: Arya Stark

[There are not very many dedicated bow users in the Song of Ice and Fire setting, yet Xanda Qo fits surprisingly well into the role.]

Caster – Brandon the Builder, 8000 years: The legendary founder of house Stark, rumored in the Reach
    to be a grandson of the fabled Garth Greenhand, High King of the First Men. When the Storm King,
    Durran Godsgrief, had lost his first six castles to the wrath of the storm gods, it was a young Brandon
    who advised him on the building of his seventh and final castle, Storm’s End, which stands to this day
    as the seat of the Stormlands. In time, Brandon made his way to the North, where he built his home,
    the mighty fortress of Winterfell. After the Long Night, when mankind was ravaged by the fey Others,
    Brandon was the one to build the Wall in the north to protect the Seven Kingdoms. Seven hundred feet
    tall, 300 feet long, it was made of ice blocks quarried and moved in place by Giants. Modern histories
    dismiss many of these claims, yet the legends persist. Master: Jon Snow

[Since I subscribe to the fan theory of Jon Snow being, in truth, the child of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, he gets to qualify for the Holy Grail War despite there already being a Targaryen master and a Stark master on the basis of being a bastard child of both, and thus not really either. He also has a high quantity and quality of magic circuits that will interact... oddly. He'll be one of the "unexpected" masters, and since he's starting the story at the Wall...]

Saber – Ser Galladon of Morne, Less than 1000 years: Ser Galladon was a perfect knight. His valor
    so great the Maiden, of the Seven, fell in love with him. She gave him an enchanted sword, the Just
    Maid, to demonstrate her love for him. No sword could check the sword's blows, no shield could stop
    them. According to the legend, Galladon only unsheathed the sword three times, not once against a
    mortal man, for the fight would have been unfair. Master: Stannis Baratheon

[These last two servants are just Copy Pasted from the SoIaF Wiki, since there isn't much written about them. I figured, the Perfect Knight qualifies as a Saber if anyone does. I'm also looking forward to how Ser Galladon, the Perfect Knight, blessed by the gods, interacts with Stannis Baratheon, rigid figure of Justice, who has rejected all gods as cruel and unnecessary. Should be... fun.]

Berserker – Grey King, Age of Heroes: Legends say the Drowned God helped the Grey King slay the
    sea dragon Nagga. From her bones he made the Grey King's Hall, which he heated with Nagga's living
    fire. He took a mermaid as his wife so his children could live on land or in water. He also wore a crown
    of driftwood so all who knelt before him would know his power came from the sea and the Drowned
    God himself. The Grey King brought fire to the earth by taunting the Storm God into setting a tree on
    fire with a thunderbolt. He taught men to weave nets and sails. The Grey King allegedly carved the first
    longship from the pale wood of Ygg, a demon tree which fed on human flesh. The Grey King's skin
    turned as grey as his hair and beard as he ruled over centuries. He eventually he cast aside his
    driftwood crown and walked into the sea to descend to the watery halls of the Drowned God to take his
    place at the right hand of the god. The Storm God snuffed out Nagga's fire after the Grey King's death
    and the sea stole his throne, with Nagga's bones the only remnants of the Grey King's Hall. The Grey
    King is said to have had a hundred sons who fought after his death. The sixteen who survived divided
    the Iron Islands amongst themselves. Master: Euron Greyjoy.

[Euron, in canon, has studied magic. Thus, in a more magically active AU, he gets to claim the role of Master for the Iron Isles. Plus, he's such a fun villain to play with. The Grey King will be the oldest servant in this war, and power wise, should be comparable to Herakles or Gilgamesh. He's going to be an utter monster in battle, and his master is going to be a sick, sadistic monster of a pirate. Fun times should ensue. At least, I'm sure Euron will be laughing.]

Figured I’d give Aegon/Rider a shot.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Aegon Targaryen

Appearance:
    Aegon.jpeg

Servant
    : Rider

Master
    : Daenerys Targaryen

Parameters
    :

Strength - B+ (A+ with Blackfyre)
    Endurance - C (B with Blackfyre)
    Agility - B
    Mana - D
    Luck - C
    Noble Phantasm - A++

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance – D Sufficient to cancel Single-Action spells. Aegon possesses the blood of Old
    Valyria, a land renowned for their sorcerous might; however, in life Aegon pursued the path of the
    Dragon Rider, focusing on the arts of battle and, in time, statesmanship. Thus, he gains only minimal
    magic resistance.

Riding – A++ Capable of riding all creatures as mounts, including Dragon Kind. As the Dragon
    riding king who forged an empire, Aegon has masterful skill at riding dragons, especially Balerion.

Personal Skills:

Charisma – A Can be said to have achieved the greatest level of popularity as a human being.
    In life, Aegon led a force of 3000 men to invade and conquer seven kingdoms.

Instinct – B During battle one is able to always feel the optimal course. Visual and auditory
    obstacles are halved. Aegon was known as a masterful swordsman.

Military Tactics – B Tactical knowledge not used for one-on-one battles. Provides bonuses
    when using Anti-Army Noble Phantasms or when dealing with the Anti-Army Noble Phantasm of an enemy.

Noble Phantasms:

Blackfyre: The Blade of the Targaryen Kings Anti-Unit (Self) – B+

The heirloom of House Targaryen, this unbreakable Valyrian steel blade was used to forge a mighty
    kingdom. When drawn in battle, it grants Aegon the “Might of a Conquering King”, increasing his
    Strength and Endurance by one rank.

Balerion: The Black DreadAnti-Army – A++ Balerion the Black Dread, the last war dragon of
    Old Valyria, was Aegon’s mount throughout his life. So large that his wings would shadow entire
    villages, the most infamous feat Aegon and Balerion accomplished was the burning of Harrenhal.
    When Harren the Black, King of the Iron Isles and the Riverlands, scorned Aegon’s demand to
    surrender and retreated to his “impregnable” fortress of Harrenhal, Aegon responded by returning
    upon Balerion in the dead of night, whereupon he proceeded to melt the very stones of Harrenhal
    down to smoking ruin.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Now, for his stats when Viserys is his master:

Aegon Targaryen

Servant
    : Rider

Master
    : Viserys Targaryen

Parameters
    :

Strength - C+ (B+ with Blackfyre)
    Endurance - D (C with Blackfyre)
    Agility - C
    Mana - E
    Luck - D
    Noble Phantasm - B+

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance – D

Riding – A++

Personal Skills:

Charisma – A

Instinct – B

Mental Pollution – B It is said that, when the Targaryens are born, the gods flip a coin to decide
    whether to grant the child genius or madness. Though Aegon was quite firmly a genius in life, his
    mind is now polluted by his bond with the mad Viserys. His skills at Military Tactics have been sealed;
    even odds that mental interference magecraft will be rendered ineffective.

Noble Phantasms:

Blackfyre: The Blade of the Targaryen Kings Anti-Unit (Self) – B+

Balerion: The Black DreadAnti-Army – A++ (Sealed due to Viserys being a singularly inept mage.)

So here’s my take on Aegon. I was also thinking of giving him another Noble Phantasm related to the
    Iron Throne, that would grant him power over any who swore him fealty and lay their swords, (or
    Noble Phantasms,) at his feet, but I don’t know how functional or OP that would be.
    Last edited by Xerxes; September 20th, 2015 at 12:33 AM.

Honestly to see two of my favourite series mixing together like this is so cool
    It's already worth alone for the Rider Aegon stats list you made, I wonder how the story will develop and how you'll add Fate elements in ASOIAF's world
    Last edited by Yoyomaster; September 22nd, 2015 at 01:10 PM.

マリーの味方
    Balerion should probably be EX rank, since dragons are high tier in the Nasuverse.

So here’s my take on Aegon. I was also thinking of giving him another Noble Phantasm related to the
    Iron Throne, that would grant him power over any who swore him fealty and lay their swords, (or
    Noble Phantasms,) at his feet, but I don’t know how functional or OP that would be.
    This could easily be a Skill, or maybe an ability of Blackfyre.

So, real life interfered with me in the form of a sudden move, but I'm back now. As apology for the long absence, here is two more servants; Lancer and Berserker.

The Grey King

Appearance:
    488px-Grey_King.jpg

Servant
    : Berserker

Master: Euron Greyjoy

Parameters
    :
    Strength - A+
    Endurance - A+
    Agility - B
    Mana - B
    Luck - B
    Noble Phantasm - A

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement – B Rank up for all parameters, but takes away most of sanity.

Personal Skills:

Voyager of the Storm – X (A++) The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships.
    Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the
    effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics. This ability has been sealed by
    Mad Enhancement

Mana Burst (Flames) – A The power to put magical energy into weapons. In The Grey
    King’s case, blazing flames become magical energy to dwell in the weapon used. This
    Skill is usually active and all the weapons that The Grey King grasps receive this effect.
    As one who was said to have stolen fire from the Storm God, The Grey King is able
    to infuse that primal flame into any weapon he wields.

Divinity – A The measure of whether one has aptitude as a divine spirit. As one who
    descended to sit at the right hand of the Drowned God after death, the Grey King
    possesses the highest divinity.

Noble Phantasms:

Nagga’s Living Fire: Ever burning heart of a dragon Anti-unit (Self) – A The burning
    heart of the sea dragon Nagga was used to warm the hall of the Grey King; manifested
    as a servant, the fire has replaced his heart. It grants him a Dragon aspect, allowing
    him to negate spells of A rank or below. Since, in his legend, the Grey King killed Nagga,
    he also gains a rank up to all parameters when facing a dragon or another heroic spirit
    with the Dragon aspect.

The Driftwood Crown: Mark of a Covenant, Symbol of a Pact – Anti-unit (Self) – A-
    A crown worn to show all that his power came from the sea and the Drowned God himself,
    the Driftwood Crown reduces all damage done to the Grey King, before any other
    defenses are applied. The strength of the reduction waxes and wanes with the
    moon cycle – during the full moon, all damage is reduced by 90%, while during the new
    moon, it is “merely” reduced by half.

Yeah, he's a bit of a beast to deal with. Wanted something on the level of Heracles and Gilgamesh; an ancient monster from the dawn of time, when legends were born.

Now, here's a historical Servant with more "average" stats.

Garin the Great

Appearance: [No images of him - will post a description later.]

Servant
    : Lancer

Master
    : Oberyn Martell

Parameters
    :
    Strength - B
    Endurance - C
    Agility - A
    Mana - B
    Luck - E
    Noble Phantasm - B+

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance – B Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by
    High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Personal Skills:

Charisma – B- The natural talent to command an army. Elevates the abilities of allies in battle. Effect
    is halved unless facing “unbeatable odds”. Garin historically led 250,000 men to their deaths
    attempting to halt the expansion of the Valyrian Freehold.

River Magic – B+ A type of magecraft used by the Rhoynar people, it draws upon the blessings of the
    river Rhoyne. It receives a boost when a source of water is nearby.

Noble Phantasms:

Chroyane: The Spear that Shattered Upon the Dragonlords Anti-Unit – B+ Named after the city
    that Prince Garin ruled, and the city he saw burn, this spear is the crystallization of his legend of
    having given the Valyrian Freehold pause. When thrown, Chroyane always strikes true, no matter
    distance or attempts at evasion. When used upon a dragon or heroic spirit with the Dragon aspect,
    Chroyane will also pierce all defenses rank B or below. In the event of striking a Dragon aspected
    enemy with a rank A defense, Chroyane will shatter, but a permanent weak spot will be left in the
    enemy’s defense.

I'm actually rather proud of that spear. I'm half done with Assassin, so I just have to finish him, then get Saber, Archer, and Caster done. Also, I will format this to look nicer later this evening.
    Last edited by Xerxes; October 14th, 2015 at 01:02 AM.