Thread: Fate Stay Night Board Game idea

死徒 Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    PM me...

Fate Stay Night Board Game idea

So many of us have been wondering how we could translate Fate series Holy Grail War mechanics into an RPG. Many have tried, some got something that worked for their DnD campaigns, but no actual functioning ideas for a true Fate Stay Night RPG.

Some time ago, I played a board game called Albion's Legacy (fun game btw, look into it, it's based around the King Arthur Mythos). When I tried turning Fate into an RPG, I kept going back to how Albion's Legacy did a lot of it's mechanics and thought "I could probably come up with a combat System using some similar ideas". Well I did...and then changed it some. I'm hoping to get some feed back, maybe even someone to help me design it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriko View Post
    e Fate series Holy Grail War mechanics into an RPG.
    The way to hell...

Blog Entries
    That's hell you're walking into.

死徒 Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    PM me...
    You might say so but I do have some ideas. But I still need people to bounce ideas off of.

This seems interesting but knowing how the fanbase is...eh

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That wouldn't actually be THAT hard considering FGO gives actual numbers to class skills and stuff now.

JP Friend Code
    101043939/キ&#12511
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    That wouldn't actually be THAT hard considering FGO gives actual numbers to class skills and stuff now.
    actual numbers that make no sense in a lore context

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    actual numbers that make no sense in a board game context
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

As someone working on a Fate game with an interactive battle system, I can confirm this is hell.

i've made a fate/apocrypha chess-like board game on tabletop simulator (originally done on paper, then moved to roll20, and now tts)
    it's kind of a mess though, kind of all over the place and some parts which could be simplified are over-complicated

sorry for posting in a dead thread if we're not allowed to, i'm new but read through the FAQ and didn't see anything about necroposting
    Last edited by NGZE; October 29th, 2017 at 09:47 PM. Reason: missing a word

Blog Entries
    As long as it relates to the thread and isn't just asking people why they aren't posting an update I don't see why you can't necro a thread. If you have content you want to share then go ahead and let's see what you have!

Blog Entries

It’s fine except in the fanfiction community, unless you go around necroing things habitually.
    That said, we could stand to do more on the subject.

And it’s nice to see that Milbunk can always be counted on to encourage people with ambitious goals.

Anyway, if you want some assistance with anything, let me know how I can help. If it’s something I can do, I’ll get right to it.
    Last edited by Draconic; October 30th, 2017 at 07:55 PM.
    Eldritch Whispers: An anime RP set in H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos. Currently recruiting.
    Cards Against the Nasuverse a fanmade Cards Against Humanity expansion
    Taking suggestions.
    Me in a nutshell

thanks for the reply. the game i made isn't really like an RPG or DnD campaign, but more like a chess game. it's basically chess, but replace the pieces with Servants & Masters. but they all have stats like health and luck and whatever. i tried to include as much features of an actual grail war as possible such as using command spells and making Masters more important by making their servant disappear if they are killed, but because of that probably put in too much. it's actually quite complete already, now i just keep adding new random events whenever i can think of a new one to add