Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst design-a Boudicca Fanclub

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Some SFW Bouddica fanart that doesn't feature her being raped or humiliated.

Also, am I the only one who finds it odd that the title of her "Fan" club is explicitly insulting towards her (the worst design)? Wouldn't something like "The Scourge Of Rome" be more appropriate (or something else more directly related to her legend, I just literally just came up with this in five seconds)?

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    It's appalling that the creator of her sprites ever thought he did a good job with presenting her. Practically every picture in this club is better than her original design. The message of the title isn't directed to the heroic Celt as much as it is to her creator. Quoting "Home Alone" - "Look whacha did, you little jerk!"
    Last edited by Keyne; December 27th, 2015 at 02:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well, as I've said before, I'm probably one of the few people here not to mind her design that much (though I have to admit it is pretty cheesy and third-rate RPG-y) Having the leader of the feared Iceni rebellion and archetypal badass warrior-woman clad in what's literally a glorified bikini isn't exactly Type-Moon's finest moment, to be sure (at least her Stage 2 design actually gives her a freaking skirt). Other designs (Attila, Ushiwakamaru) may be skimpily dressed but at least are more interesting visually (IMO, anyway).

Yeah, I don't mind her outfit as much either, but it makes me sad to see a servant I always wanted to see get abused so much in fanart. She still has a nice personality, why can't we get some more cute stuff T_T

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am The Table View Post
    Yeah, I don't mind her outfit as much either, but it makes me sad to see a servant I always wanted to see get abused so much in fanart. She still has a nice personality, why can't we get some more cute stuff T_T
    or more woad.

Blog Entries
    It doesn't exactly help that her NPs have the most generic-sounding names imaginable either. (Chariot Of Boudica and Sword Of Boudica, geez I wonder what those could possibly be?)

They could have at least bothered to come up with some cool-sounding celtic names!

JP Friend Code
    Not to mention her lackluster abilities & oddly specific anti-Roman thing...so yeah, she got the end of a very short stick.

Sad fate for a notably badass queen.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    Not to mention her lackluster abilities & oddly specific anti-Roman thing...so yeah, she got the end of a very short stick.

Sad fate for a notably badass queen.
    Well they did at least say she'd be a lot stronger if summoned in England.
    She, who is being fervently deified in modern England, has lost the intensity from her past battles.
    Like tbh out of england she's a pretty big no one unless you're part of certain circles.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    So basically by all accounts, she should be a 2 star but Hah! FGO Star ratings accuracy & whatnot.

Blog Entries
    To be fair, its unclear how lackluster her abilities are exactly considering the limited information revealed about her so far (like its still unclear what her NPs or unique Skill do, exactly). Her stats are oddly low for a warrior-queen (using Arturia as precedent), though they'd probably be higher if she was summoned in England. I'm also a tad surprised she didn't get either Charisma (as a queen) or Nature Of A Rebellious Spirit (as a rebel). Overall I wonder how much she'd change when summoned in England (would she at least get a default skirt?), as it is some of the fan sheets I've seen for her seem a lot cooler/more interesting then the genuine article.

Also, this isn't the first time I've heard of her "Anti-Rome" classification, but I can't find it listed under her NPs or Skills anywhere (chariot is Anti-Army, sword is Anti-Unit). Where are y'all getting this from?
    Last edited by RoydGolden; December 27th, 2015 at 07:01 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    gameplay
    don't listen to it
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    gameplay
    don't listen to it
    What's that supposed to mean?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    do you play grand order?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    do you play grand order?
    No. Why do you ask?

Wrong thread...

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

Dialed the wrong number.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

後継者 Successor
    JP Friend Code
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    No. Why do you ask?
    It's where her stats and skills come from. In truth, if sbe were popular on design, her mechankcs would be redesigned for something better. She can get better, but almost seems like Delight Works didn't care...plus they crapped on her in game NP.