Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

Blog Entries

Frequently Asked Questions

I made there be an FAQ along with the rules.

Suggest things to put in it.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Q) Where do I post my question about the Nasuverse?

A) In the questions thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Why was he banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

if this isnt a meme i would rather suggest a gender neutral version a la Why was this user banned?

I read it on the wiki so it must be true, right?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So are we just suggesting questions here or can we actually ask ones we want answered?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Wow, this forum has a lot of girls! What's the secret?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    So are we just suggesting questions here or can we actually ask ones we want answered?
    questions you want the FAQ to answer

Blog Entries
    Eh, the second might qualify for the first. Ask away.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, right. I will put in something about forum attachments too, so don't worry.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

I don't deny I'm stupid and I would like to know how you do the Updated thing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okay then.

I dunno how to concisely lay this out so I'll use examples. So say someone makes a post consisting of nothing but noting that someone else made a spelling mistake or something similarly trivial or petty, like so:
    Quote Originally Posted by Person A
    (blah blah blah, I don't feel like making an entire conversation so just assume he misspelled 'separate' as 'seperate' or something)
    Quote Originally Posted by Person B
    *separate
    Person B, in this case. Would Person B's post be reportable?

In a similar vein, even if it's very slightly more substantial than just a one-word spelling correction post, like so:
    Quote Originally Posted by Person A
    (I can't think of an example off the top of my head, so assume he misspells someone's name)
    Quote Originally Posted by Person B
    lol, who's (misspelled name) ha ha lmao
    Would it be reportable in this case, too?

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Please no.

If people keep mistaking cities for Archers and phase for faze I'll go insane.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    If people keep mistaking cities for Archers
    I don't get it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Snow View Post
    I don't get it.
    People often misspell Atalanta (the Archer-class Servant) as Atlanta (the city)

People often misspell Atalanta (the Archer-class Servant) as Atlanta (the city)
    Thanks for the clarification.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Thedoctor's Avatar
    Q. Why can't I edit my profile?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Snow View Post
    I don't deny I'm stupid and I would like to know how you do the Updated thing.
    1) Post
    2) Make a new post in the same thread within ten minutes.

If no-one's posted in between, the forum automatically merges the two posts for you. This is nice because the edit button is occasionally finicky on bad connections, and because it doesn't leave that bloody ugly "X edited this post" notification.

Okay then.

I dunno how to concisely lay this out so I'll use examples. So say someone makes a post consisting of nothing but noting that someone else made a spelling mistake or something similarly trivial or petty, like so:

Person B, in this case. Would Person B's post be reportable?

In a similar vein, even if it's very slightly more substantial than just a one-word spelling correction post, like so:

I'm honestly more inclined to warn the second person than the first, because that's so bloody unfunny. At least the first one just got on with it and could genuinely be trying to help; the second one knows they're making a shitpost. Depending on the context, I might see if I could push the punishment through.

In general, though, no: this isn't reportable. Like a lot of low-content posting, it just about triggers the "don't Seventh in serious forums" rule, but it's so far down on the scale that I don't think any mod is really going to be inclined to hand out an official warning for it. (Possible exceptions: if a user were solely making those posts, or if it were in a topic which was meant to be high-quality posting only, like a sticky). I could maybe see the forum leaning that way in the future, if a 'no low-content posts/shitposting' rule were passed, but it's not the case now and I think something would have to happen to shift the forum culture in favour of it before we went there.

What you might do is just PM whichever mod is on and whom you like, to ask if we might intervene unofficially with the problem. Or, if you don't think you need the glowy-name back-up, just do it yourself. "These posts are spammy and suck, pls stahp."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Q. Why can't I edit my profile?
    Already in.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    1) Post
    2) Make a new post in the same thread within ten minutes.

If no-one's posted in between, the forum automatically merges the two posts for you. This is nice because the edit button is occasionally finicky on bad connections, and because it doesn't leave that bloody ugly "X edited this post" notification.
    Thanks.That's actually a pretty good feature.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Q: is there any update on the wiki, or will there be any updates anytime soon?
    Last edited by Cruor; September 17th, 2015 at 07:11 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    897036422/300565270
    Blog Entries
    Q:What is the expected level of etiquette and behaviour in this forum?