Thread: Someone Smithed Excalibur

Someone Smithed Excalibur

So I was browsing my subscibed channels today, and I have this one channel I particularly like is AWE, and they post smithing videos. They smith just about everything from movie props, to stage props, to porp amor. They've featured a number of pieces from various fandoms, and are fairly responsive to their audience. This time however they went and did something that I think some of you patrons here at BL might actually be interested in. I'm still recovering from the fangasm, so before I pass out, here you go.

Illya Alekseyev from Baltimore Knife and Sword-forging the Sword of Pomised Victory:Excalibur!

---edit---

I contacted Tobias to try and have this moved to the proper forum. For now its stuck here T.T
    Last edited by Bones; September 22nd, 2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Wrong part of the forum!

Blog Entries
    I dunno, maybe someone thinks it's cool and wants a thread to talk about it in. We're allowed to make threads that aren't huge.

That said it's really not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Maybe just have a general weapons thread or something. Unless that already exists...

Blog Entries
    That thing looks sorta unwieldy. Plus the lack of Fairy Letters is kinda obnoxious.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    needs more hopes and dreams.
    wroughtironconditionswerentboostedenough/10
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Now if only they can do Kanshou and Bakuya next.

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

It ended up looking a bit like a toy unfortunately (might be due to the design itself), but it was interesting to see the process.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Excalibur always looked like a toy (and terrible) so nothing new there.

If they wanted to do a big cool Fate sword, Balmung, Clarent or Durandal were ripe for the picking.

Yeah, but for better or worse, Saber is the face of the franchise, so if they were going to do one at all...

Anyway, yeah. You can't really take something straight out of a cartoon, make it real with its original proportions and expect it to not look cartoonish (I think this is one of the main reasons a lot of cosplay looks terrible). Actually, it looks like they changed quite a lot about the original design to make it more functional. Theirs has a double-tapered grip, a larger pommel, and if I'm not mistaken, a more acute blade. It's mostly the massive crossguard and huge langets with bright blue enamel that look cheesy.
    Last edited by Walnut Sparks; September 23rd, 2015 at 10:36 AM.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    They've made completely stupid weapons like the Buster Sword and Masamune look good in the past, it's just impossible to make Excalibur look good because it looks awful by design. Faeries have shit taste.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    The sword looks fine to me.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

To be frank, I've never seen a Buster sword replica that doesn't look like a piece of industrial wreckage at best.

On the other hand, that's also what I thought the original looked like...
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.